Xenoblade In Between Worlds

By DreamersWriters

Shulk is fascinated with how the keyblade works, he asks Sora to him, Rex, Pyra, and Mythra back home to thei... More

Chapter 2: A Wedding Announcement
Chapter 3: Friends Hear Everything
Chapter 4: Moving Forward
Chapter 5: Holding Back
Chapter 6: Queens in the Future, Friends in the Past
Chapter 7: The Wedding is Coming Up?!
Chapter 8: Being Reckless
Chapter 9: Taking a Cautious Step
Chapter 10: The Future is Bright
Author's Note

Chapter 1: Wrong Way Home

210 2 0
By DreamersWriters

(If we were to ever get more fighters in a hypothetical Smash Brothers game, Noah and Mio would totally make it. Anyway, this was made to celebrate Xenoblade 3's DLC coming out! I don't think I'll have time to post Monday, so here it is! Enjoy!)

             The Smash Mansion was lively as ever for another annual round. Of course, there are new and old fighters were present in the mansion. A blond, spiky haired soldier with blue and green eyes was walking into the kitchen to grab a snack for himself before his next match. He was wearing a black jacket with only one sleeve with the ribbon on the other arm, but he still carried the Buster Sword on his back. He was surprised to see the Keyblade Wielder chatting with the future telling Monodo wielder, but he wasn't surprised to see him with the smaller driver. He was also with the two newcomers and another friend of his.

"Yeah, I kind of messed that up. I'm sorry about that, everyone" the Keyblade wielder said as he rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"What did you mess up, Sora?" the soldier asked as he decided to join in on the conversation.

"Oh! Hey Cloud!" Sora greeted warmly as he waved his hands at him.

Sora was still the same kid Cloud always knew. Sore wore a new outfit this time. A black jacket with a red hood. He has a black shirt with the same crown necklace around his neck. He has black shoes. He has his brown spiky hair with the same, bright blue eyes.

"I was telling Noah and Mio about the issue I caused them after our last tournament" Sora said as he gestured to the newcomers, "That was my fault"

He was sitting on the carpet floor and his back against the couch. In front of him was the couple that were also the newcomers. Noah was the tall male with his deep, dark blue hair tied in a ponytail and matching eyes. He wore a red jacket, black shirt, shoes, and pants. There were blue circles on his back and his belt.

"It is interesting to know that you were the cause behind it" Noah said as Sora laughed and summoned his keyblade, "Especially since this weapon is so strange from ours"

"I should've asked a more specific question" Sora said with a grin as Mio looked at it closely.

She had a white jacket and gray dress. She wore black stockings with gray boots. What was the most interesting physical part of her was her ears in her gray hair. Cloud recalled his friends who had similar ears, but nothing like hers. She even has a red charm in her hair. Her golden eyes were examining the keyblade with a grin.

"Still, it was kind of cool to see your world!" Rex said happily as Pyra grinned at him, "Especially seeing our old and new friends"

Although Rex wasn't the fighter, he was there to support Pyra and Mythra. He wore a blue outfit and had brown bags on the sides. He has brown gloves and strong boots too. Though, this was because he is a diver and driver. His brown hair was lively while his brown eyes were shining with joy.

At his side was a girl named Pyra. She has another person with her named Mythra. Pyra has short red hair and wore a red battle armor. According to Rex, she was an Aegis along with Mythra. She was the chosen fighter for the tournament, but Rex was allowed to accompany her. Her emerald eyes shined with delight for life.

"I couldn't agree more" Shulk said warmly as he leaned over Sora's shoulder, "It is still a strange device. I've even seen this twice! Are you sure I cannot study it? I really would love to learn as much as I can"

Shulk is a little older than Sore. He has blond hair and blue eyes with a pair of mechanical goggles on his head. He wore a red jacket, black shirt, and red pants with matching shoes. On his back was a blade called the Monado. Only he could wield it.

"So, how did you mess up getting these two home?" Sora's friend, Neku, asked curiously.

Neku was another newcomer, but he is a good friend of Sora's. Neku has spiky orange hair and purple eyes to match. He was wearing a purple shirt with a designer checkered jacket that he said a dear friend of his designed. He has a yellow band on his wrist and black pants. He has a pair of purple shoes on.

Sora glanced to Shulk, Rex, and Pyra who were holding their own laughing expressions. Shulk waved his hand as he reassured Neku with a warm expression.

"Oh, it was our fault. We should've been more specific" Shulk reassured as he nodded his head, "It started when we were standing outside of the mansion"

Most of the fighters were able to return home after their most recent adventure and ultimate fight. However, Shulk was able to pull Sora aside as he finished creating the way back for Cloud and Sephiroth.

"So, do you think you could send us home?" Shulk asked excitedly with a confused Rex and curious Pyra.

Sora blinked, nodded his head, and answered in an honest manner, "Oh yeah. I can send you home. If you tell me the name and think of the place, I should be able to create a gateway to return to your homes"

Shulk's eyes were wide with excitement. He couldn't wait to at least feel the power of a unique blade. As for Rex, he wasn't sure about this. It took both time and space for him to meet Shulk and Fiora. Rex may not understand as much as Shulk, but Rex had a feeling that this wasn't going to work.

"Ok, our home is Colony 9" Shulk answered excitedly as Rex and Pyra shared a nervous glance.

That wasn't their home. Sora nodded his head as he held out his hand to summon the Kingdom Key. He pointed the blade between Shulk and Rex with Pyra behind Rex.

"Uh, Shulk, are you sure about this?" Rex asked unsure.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I am! We will be able to get home using Sora's power! Along with the keyblade's!" Shulk answered excitedly.

Rex sighed as he glanced to Pyra.

"Should we say something?" Rex asked her worriedly.

Before Pyra could answer, a powerful swirl of energy appeared between them and a little farther away. A green and purple swirl grew into a giant oval gateway! Sora opened his eyes as he held it with both hands. Shulk was excited as Rex held a cautious expression.

"Ah!" Sora said worriedly as he felt something wrong with the gateway, "Gah!"

He felt a powerful, strong wave of energy backfire as Sora struggled to keep it open. Shulk and Rex were worried until Sora let out a powerful scream as the power reverted and struck him!

"Sora!" they shouted as they reached out to him.

The Keyblade Wielder hit the ground with a thud as he lost consciousness. His keyblade disappeared and caused the gateway to react violently! Shulk covered his face as Rex and Pyra held onto each other! The gateway pulled them in and was violently crashing in front of Sora!

"Sora!" The Luminary shouted as he rushed to grab Sora and pull him away from the collapsing gateway.

The Luminary has blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a long, purple shirt and brown pants. He still had his boots and bag on. His put his sword away and placed his shield in front of himself and Sora. The gateway exploded as the Luminary grunted in pain. Once the explosion ceased, he looked over his purple shield and was surprised to see no one standing there. He blinked, but he was sure he saw two others standing with Sora. What happened? He shook his head and turned his attention to the injured Keyblade Wielder. The Luminary picked up Sora and carried him back into the mansion.

Unbeknownst to them, Sora was sort of correct. He did send Shulk, Rex, and Pyra back to their world, but it was another version of it.

"I believe this is where I come in" Noah interjected in the story, "Although our world was split, something caused it to reform. We were delighted to meet up with each other again. Mio and I were very excited to say the least. Our friends couldn't stop teasing us for a while. I had to meet up with Taion for a bit. Ah, right, you don't know who he is. Allow me to explain"

Noah was running at such high and fun speeds to Colony Lombda. Taion wanted to meet up with Eunie, but she was tasked with helping her queen with something. Lanz was occupied with something at Colony 9, Sena and Mio were helping out Colony Omega with some tasks. Riku and Manana had rushed to meet with each other the moment they could, so they were gone. Since Taion and Noah were both free, they decided to meet up.

"Almost there" Noah said warmly as he smiled at the site of Colony Lombda and tapped the right side of his face, "Taion? Are you there?"

"Noah! Ahem, yes. I am waiting outside of the colony for you. I am pleased to hear from you again, old friend" Taion answered as he tried to keep his cool.

"Same to you" Noah answered before signing off and continued to run through the water and wet ground and grass.

He could see the white, green Ferronis right before him. Although he would've been hesitant and preparing for an attack, today he was visiting an old friend. He ran until he saw his friend standing in front of him with a calculating expression.

"Taion!" Noah shouted as he slowly broke into a walk and approached him.

Taion was a little taller than him and has dark skin with puffy, brown hair and brown eyes . He still wore that long, orange scarf and white jacket. He has a black shirt and pants with white boots. He was cleaning his glasses and looked up.

"Noah!" Taion greeted warmly as he put his glasses back on and held his hand out to him, "It is good to see you"

Noah shook his friend's hand and grinned warmly.

"Please come in. I believe the canteen has something prepared for us before you meet with Mio" Taion answered warmly as he gestured to it.

Noah was surprised as Taion coughed.

"Ah, right. I probably didn't mention this, but I offered to take some of her workload off her shoulders. She will be free after our meeting" Taion answered as Noah held a smile at his friend, "She's missed you too. Terribly from time to time, much like how the rest of us are. I just wanted to help"

"Thank you, Taion" Noah said warmly, "Come on, let's get a bite and trade some stories. I would like to hear how things have been for you. I'll even tell you about Eunie!"

Taion acted calm and composed, but Noah noticed a blush. They soon laughed as they went to the canteen. Noah looked up and noticed they were able to drill a hole through the mountain in certain areas of the colony. People and Nopons were going about their days. Noan and Taion sat at the canteen across from each other. A pair of troops brought them their plates with more food options. Noah recognized the food he would normally eat at Colony 9.

"I thought you would prefer your food" Taion answered as he ate his, "It had been a long day, so I thought you would want to eat something familiar to you. It was no trouble to make either since Manana was able to share her recipe book with the other chiefs"

Noah grinned at him and said, "Thank you, Taion. Now, come on, tell me how you've doing"

Taion nodded his head and recounted the recent developments they had with technology, growing crops, and allowing everyone to life their lives as they see fit. Noah recounted similar events happening to him and his friends.

"Sounds like we've both been busy" Taion concluded as he ate another piece of his meal, "But it is all good things, so I suppose that is fine"

"I couldn't agree more" Noah answered in a pleased tone and realized he finished his meal.

Taion knew what Noah was thinking.

Taion grinned, pushed up his glasses, and said in a knowing tone, "I believe we've finished our meals and shouldn't keep our next appointments busy. Very well, be off. Just please inform me that you've met with my dear friend"

Noah glanced at Taion's plate and noticed his food was still present. Noah understood and stood up with his plate in his hands.

"I couldn't agree more. I will let you know the moment we reunite" Noah said warmly, "Thank you again, Taion"

"Think nothing of it" he replied in a nonchalant manner, "Now, please head off. Do not keep her waiting"

Noah nodded and left to put his plate with the chiefs before leaving colony Lombda.

"It appears you are still good friends with your former members of Ouroboros" Isurd, Taion's friend, said in a knowing tone as he stood at his side.

His friend still wore the Agnian general outfit. He has pale skin, tan hair, and a pair of emerald eyes. He has a white cape behind him as his blue markings were glowing a bit.

"Yes, we are" Taion said in relief.

He wouldn't lie. He was concerned that their friendship wouldn't last, but it appears he had nothing to worry about. Their bonds were still as strong as ever. He grinned at that.

"Well, here's Mio's work for the day" Isurd said as he tapped the side of his head, "I believe you should start now. Otherwise, you will not be done till late into the night"

Taion laughed in agreement as he stood up with his plate in his hands.

"I suppose I should get on it" Taion reassured as he turned to leave.

However, there was a shake in the ground as the people and Nopons were surprised and asking worried questions.

"What was that?" Isurd asked with concern.

"I am not sure" Taion admitted as he prepared himself for anything.

The two of them prepared to do anything, but Taion felt something very strange. He looked at himself and noticed silver sparks were coming from him.

"What is this?" Taion asked bewildered as he looked at himself.

"Taion?" Isurd asked with concern as he tried to reach out to his friend.

As Isurd tried to reach his friend, the silver sparks burst from Taion! He disappeared from Isurd's site as something caused their world to shake again! Everyone screamed as Isurd ordered everyone to take cover and endure. He hid under the table and looked at the place where Taion had stood before disappearing.

"Almost there" Noah whispered determinedly with a grin as he was approaching Colony Omega.

He was running through the rocky terrain as the autumn leaves were cascading all around him. The white trees were standing tall as the sun was gently shining all around him. As he took another step, he felt the ground shake and everything blurring around him.

"What is happening?" Noah asked as he summoned his sword and waited.

Soon the scene returned to normal, but Noah was cautious.

"That wasn't normal" he whispered to himself as he tapped the side of his head, "What was that? Why is there nothing on the iris?"

He waved his hand and looked around for anything out of the ordinary. He heard something crack and looked up to see something cracking in the sky. He remained on guard as he saw something falling and heard screaming.

"Ah!" Shulk yelled.

"Woah!" Rex shouted as Pyra screamed.

Noah looked up, gasped, and then turned away to avoid them. However, he was too late as Shulk and Rex crashed on him. Pyra landed next to them as she turned to see the three boys on the ground, groaning in pain and struggling to stand up.

"That wasn't supposed to happen" Shulk murmured in pain.

"I don't think so, no" Rex replied annoyed.

"Please get off of me" Noah groaned as he tried to push them off.

"Oh, sorry!" Shulk said as he rolled off.

"Allow me" Pyra offered as she picked up Rex and then placed him on the ground.

Noah sat up and rubbed the back of his head as he looked up at them. He was confused until his eyes fell on Shulk.

"How is this possible?" Noah whispered as Shulk and Pyra were checking themselves.

"Uh, sorry about that" Rex said concerned, "We really didn't mean to fall on you. We just took a wrong turn to get home. Are you ok?"

Noah looked at the younger boy and then at Shulk and Pyra.

"I'm fine" Noah answered slowly before standing up and walking up to Shulk with a curious expression, "But how are you here?"

"Excuse me?" Shulk asked as he raised his hands and let Noah examine him.

"You look like someone I know" Noah answered as he continued to stare.

"I am sorry, but I have never been here before" Shulk confessed, "In fact, our friend made a mistake. We will have to wait for him to get us back home"

Noah sighed. He supposed it was too much of a coincidence, but he was sure Shulk resembled the Kevesi soldier statue in the City.

"Ah, I am sorry, but I hope your friend comes and helps you" Noah said as he realized he was close to Colony Omega, "I have to meet someone"

"Oh, could we come along?" Rex asked warmly, "We have to wait for our friends, so it should be best if we wait somewhere safe, right?"

Noah couldn't argue with that logic. Shulk shook his head as he went to apologize to Noah about Rex's plead.

"No, that's a good idea. Come with me. I am going to Colony Omega" Noah said warmly as he pointed at a white tent like building in the distance.

They looked at it and nodded, but Rex and Pyra had a funny feeling about it. They quietly followed Noah and were soon standing outside the colony. Shulk was surprised to see troops taking breaks while Rex noticed the architecture was familiar.

"I've seen this before" Rex said as Pyra sighed at him.

"This does look like something Nia would enjoy and have" Pyra whispered to him.

Rex raised a brow at Pyra and asked confused, "Why are we whispering?"

He noticed Pyra was looking at Noah who was searching for someone. Shulk glanced around and noticed some of the machines were different but familiar. He walked back to Rex and Pyra.

"Something is familiar yet different about this" Shulk whispered to them, "I think we need to be prepared for anything. I don't think Sora realized what he did"

The two of them agreed as they stood by Shulk's side. As for Noah, he kept looking and looking for Mio until he felt someone wrapped their arms around his waist.

"I missed you" Mio whispered in her kind voice as she rested her head against his back.

Noah smiled as he placed his hands on hers.

"I did too" Noah answered warmly, "How have you been?"

"Well, how about you?" she asked with a smile.

"Very well" Noah answered as he slowly turned around and then went to embrace her.

She had the white jacket tied around her waist. She still wore her white battle dress. She has long black stockings and white boots. Her gray hair was still soft with her ears lowered in relief. Her eyes were closed as she hugged him back warmly.

"Nice to see you again. I.. love you" Noah whispered to her as he saw her ears flickered in delight.

"I love you too" Mio replied warmly.

Shulk, Rex, and Pyra were surprised, but they were surprised for different reasons. Shulk didn't realize their guide was meeting his sweetheart and recalled a certain item in his pocket that was weighing on his mind lately. Seeing their guide with his sweetheart made Shulk feel more compelled to ask her this question.

As for Rex and Pyra, they could only look at her ears. Rex knew those ears looked familiar to him while Pyra slowly realized what this place was. She shook Rex's arm as he looked at his arm and then at her.

"Is everything ok, Pyra?" Rex asked as he noticed her tense expression.

"I am not sure, but I don't think we should be here" Pyra whispered nervously.

Mio pulled away from Noah to open her golden eyes to look at him. He smiled back at her, but she noticed the three people behind him.

"Oh? Who are they?" Mio asked as she pulled away from Noah.

"I don't really know. They fell on me and claimed to be waiting for their friend" Noah answered as he held her hand, "I don't think they're here to harm us, and I am sure the one with blond hair is someone important to the City"

"Really?" Mio asked curiously.

Noah could only nod his head as they looked at them. Rex was looking at them until his attention was on the item stand. He noticed an odd crystal on it and went to pick it up.

"What are you doing?" Shulk asked annoyed as Rex picked up the red and purple crystal.

"This is a Core Crystal" Rex answered unsure as he examined it.

"Are you sure?" Pyra asked surprised.

"Maybe?" Rex replied as he tilted his head and examined the crystal.

"Oh, put it back. I don't think this is what you think it is" Shulk stated as he went to grab it.

Rex pulled it back, but Shulk grabbed it. The two of them were playing tug and war with each other over it until Pyra tried to help Rex. She pulled the crystal a little too forcefully. Rex lost his grip on it and threw it in the air behind him! Noah and Mio gasped as Shulk sighed when they heard the crystal shatter on the ground. They expected the crystal to just break, but they heard someone laughing.

"What is that?" Mio asked seriously as Noaah drew his sword.

A familiar red, silver, and purple armor appeared before them, making Noah and Mio tense. He was taller than them and held deep maroon eyes as he blinked a couple of times. He snapped his hand to create a crown like headpiece over his face and head. Pyra helped Rex sit up while Shulk stood in front of them with the Monado in his hands.

"Mio, there is no way this can be happening, can it?" Noah asked seriously.

"I believe so, but this is clearly happening. A consul" Mio answered seriously.

"That's right!" the consul answered as he finally formed himself before them, "Oh, it has been so long since I've been standing on my own"

Everyone was worried or tense at the site of him.

"Who are you?" Noah demanded.

"I am Consul L" he answered as he turned his attention to Noah and Mio, "Oh? You remind me of my two fellow consuls, N and M. Have you met them?"

"Yes" Mio answered simply, "But M found peace and N was stopped"

"Sigh. Should've known. It was only a matter of time" Consul L said amused until his eyes fell on Shulk, Rex, and Pyra, "Oh? This is new. I didn't think I would ever meet the queen's friend and partner"

Shulk and Rex glanced to each other

"Well, I suppose I should thank you for releasing me" Consul L said as he extended his hand to create a spear in his hands, "By taking your lives!"

"Pyra!" Rex shouted as he drew her blade and charged forward.

She grabbed onto the blade as they raised it together to shout, "Burning Sword!"

The blade was burning with fire as they slammed it against him. However, he simply held up his spear to block their attack!

"What?" Shulk asked surprised.

"Pyra?!" Rex asked urgently as he looked at her.

He noticed she appeared to be exhausted! He dropped the blade, hugged Pyra, and fell! He grunted in pain as he noticed she was barely conscious. She leaned her head against Rex and struggled to look at him.

"Really? Is that the best you can do? I barely used a fraction of my abilities" Consul L taunted as he held his spear and slowly approached them.

Rex was focusing on Pyra and trying to do everything he could to keep her awake. Shulk stood between the Consul and Rex and Pyra.

"Don't you dare make another move!" Shulk threatened as he held the Monado in a tight grip.

"Oh? And what do you think you're going to do to me?" the consul taunted to him, "A silly sword like that will be nothing against me"

"Don't think you know everything!" Shulk shouted as he ran forward, "Smash!"

A red symbol shined with a red-light covering Shulk. He took a swing as the Consul simply held his spear to stand against the Monado Wielder. Shulk was yelling with all his might as he continued to push against the Consul. Shulk was able to push him back, much to the Consul's surprise.

"Huh. What an interesting blade' the Consul commented as Noah and Mio nodded to each other.

"I need you, Mio" Noah said as he stood at her side with Mio glancing to him.

They closed their eyes as their eyes glint. They transformed into a giant, purple, and red monster. Rex noticed the shadow covering him and Pyra and looked at it until turning his head to look at them!

"What is that?!" Rex exclaimed as his eyes were wide with shock.

Shulk gasped at the site of it and jumped back as Consul L turned around to see it. This caught Consul L by surprise as he held his spear and took a proper fighting stance.

"Ouroboros" Consul L said in a serious tone, "It appears you've arrived. I suppose that explains the lack of Flame Clocks and noticeable free will"

This made Shulk and Rex tense while Noah shook his head.

"Everyone wanted this" he answered determinedly as he summoned his sword in front of him, "We wanted the power to choose what to do with our lives. We will not let anyone take away that chance for us to choose!"

Noah let out a yell as he charged with the sword in hand. He swung the blade as Consul L gripped his spear and lunged forward to counter his strike.

"Well, that's new" Rex commented as Shulk snapped himself to look at him and Pyra.

"Come on, we need to get away from this" Shulk urged him as he went to help Pyra stand with Rex's help.

They walked away as Noah and Mio were fighting Consul L who was even struggling against them.

"You're skilled" Consul L said as he struggled in blocking their strike, "But you seem to be out of practice!"

He spun his spear and then lunged it right at the Ouroboros' chest!

"Noah!" Mio exclaimed as he cried out in pain.

She cancelled the Interlink and caught Noah who fell in front of Shulk, Rex, and Pyra. She held a concerned expression as Noah felt his chest and gasped. Mio spoke softly as she gently rubbed his back. Consul L examined their relationship as his eyes fell on Mio.

"Interesting. You're her, aren't you?" Consul L asked with interest as Mio's ears flicked and turned to him.

"What do you mean?" she asked seriously.

"Consul M" he answered her with an interested tone, "You live"

Mio's hands formed a fist as Noah struggled to stand and say, "No, she's not"

He struggled to stand as Mio helped him sit up. He held out his hand to summon his sword and face Consul L.

"She's Mio" Noah answered firmly, "Leave her alone!"

He lunged forward to strike, but Consul L scoffed and waved his staff to knock Noah into Shulk and Rex!

"Noah!" Mio exclaimed as she reached out to him, but the Consul took her hand.

"My dear M, you have no reason to be with that phony N" Consul L charmed her, "And without N's constant controlling manner, you are finally free to be with me more"

"What? No. I don't want to be with you" Mio said as she pulled her hand back and looked at the exhausted Noah, "I want to be with my Noah"

He weakly smiled to her as she returned the same one. The consul shook his head as he stepped between them. He looked at the people in the colony and slammed his spear on the ground. Everyone whimpered and screamed at the site of him as he waved his hand to Noah, Shulk, Rex, and Pyra.

"Take them to the Ferronis' prison" he ordered, "I will see to it that they are executed for fighting with me and causing chaos in my colony"

Noah was surprised as the people in the colony went to grab him, Shulk, Rex, and Pyra and took them away.

"Mio..." Noah said weakly as he looked at her before being taken away.

"Noah!" Mio shouted as she tried again to reach him but was stopped by Consul L again.

"Oh, no, Miss M. You are coming with me" he said warmly, "You will rest in a wonderful room and decide if you wish to be at my side"

Mio knew she couldn't fight a consul by herself, but she glanced over her shoulder and promised to find a way to save Noah and those strangers from their prison. She wouldn't let Noah go through this again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 508 41
A girl who was Shu's childhood friend joins beigoma academy. what would happen when she meet him and the beyclub? will Shu be able to remember her? W...
3.9K 54 18
AU of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, where Pyra makes Rex into a Blade Eater, and Nia is the one to revive him. With the power of a continent-shattering Bla...
1.3K 32 6
Follow the adventures of both Mariki and Rex, as they journey throughout the world of Alrest in reach to Elysium along with the Aegis known as both P...
3.4K 95 44
In the land of two titans, there is a Telethia with free will of its own and flying around each place to battle enemies to get stronger. but this Tel...