The Perfect Skeeter

By soloindistress

I didn't expect to be Rita Skeeter, let alone to make friends and fall in love. I didn't want to be part of... More

Waking Up
Shopping
Hogwarts express
Year 1, 2 and Summers
Year 3, 4 and summers
Year 5 part 1
Year 5, part 2
Year 5, part 3
Year 5, Part 4
Year 6,7 & before war
The End

The Sorting

1.4K 64 15
By soloindistress

First of the picture below is how I picture the marauders and lily and probably peter too tho I still picture him as the guy from the movies I think this one will suit him for this book.

This art isn't mine, I just found it on Pinterest and it's what motivated me to write this book, so thank you to who ever drew this fan art.
____________________________________

The train was surprisingly peaceful after I cast a notice me not charm on the door even the trolly lady ignored it.

I had spent my time reading abit about healing something am starting to get interested in. I was now eating a sandwich I brought with me for the journey while looking at the view out since we probably have to travel for 2 more hours before reaching Hogwarts.

Makes u wonder why we don't have a teleportation gate that would make traveling easier tho I guess the true purpose of the train is to help kids make friend along the ride. 

I was feeling lonely actually being here in unfamiliar world surrounded by people who could kill you at any moment was. Scary sure It was the Harry Potter universe but imagine someone with an invisible and silent charm on them they could just go around kill people before being cought somehow and that's scary. I miss home I miss my family it sucks to know that if I died the only one who would mourn for me would be Tilly.

I signed finishing my meal then got up to wash my hands. As I made my way back from the rest room I heard a bunch of kids laughing I didn't think much of it until I heard someones voice, " give it back please it's all I have left !", the voice sounded like a kid probably my age.

I turned around and saw a bunch of Ravenclaws,  probably second years from how they looked,  they were holding a necklace with a familiar symbol the kid they were bullying had long while hair and sky blue eyes they were almost mesmerizing.

The kids only laughed, I was about to intervene when a perfect showed up behind them he handed the kid his necklace before taking the second years with him.

It didn't take a genius  to know to kid was he was probably Luna's dad Xenophilius lovegood. 

And altho I felt bad for him I knew better then to meddle with the story. I walked back into my compartment casing the charms over it once again.

As we got closer to Hogwarts I couldn't help but remember my decision after not receiving a letter from the marauders I had decided that it was better to stay away, hopefully I will rt sorted into a different house then then so I could keep my distance even if James had implied that he wanted me to join their group I knew it wouldn't be easy if I was in a different house. For now I will just act like a friendly acquaintance since I know they would try to talk to me ignoring them is just asking for trouble so I will distance my self from them and slowly one day they will forget I ever existed.

My eyes soon fell closed I guess taking a nap wouldn't hurt.

.
.
.

After the train ride we finally made it to Hogwarts I had somehow invaded the marauders on the boat ride some how ended up with Xenophilius MALFOY!!! Apparently I was surprised too I had forgotten he was a Malfoy first before being disowned for marrying his wife who was a blood trator.

He didn't talk much just introduced him self as the did the rest of us.
I made sure to hide behind the taller kids so the marauders wouldn't notice me.  Not like they were trying to find me they probably forgot my existence at this point.

The great hall was a work of art Students  from different houses were  sitting on a really long table,  each one with different color. The ceiling looked like space with stars twinkling at every corner. I wonder if I could replicate that for my room? I will have to ask Professor Fitwik  in charms class.

At the front sat the professors and in the middle sitting on a chair or throne depends on how you see it, was Albus too many names Dumbledore.

Infront of him was a chair a very old looking chair , and on top of it was a hat, a brown almost worn out hat, the sorting hat. The mouth opened and from his mouth came a sound, it sang about the houses and things I didn't care to pay attention to.

The sorting soon started first was

" Aubrey Bertram ", sorted into Slytherin. Probably a death eater.

" Ashe Duncan ", Hufflepuff. I think he was part of the order not sure tho.

"Avery Jacob ", Slytherin, Definitely death eater.

" Black Sirius " , it took a while before he was sorted into Griffindor. Everyone was surprised especially the  Slytherins, James started to clap then the rest of us followed.

Next was " Cresswell Dirk " , Hufflepuff. Who names their son Dirk ?

" Carter Richard ", Hufflepuff. An extra

" Evans lily ", Griffindor. Snape didn't look happy about that, but he never looked happy so I don't know maybe it's his resting bitch face.

" Fortescue Alice ", sorted Griffindor, isn't frank a second year now? 

" Fawley Preston ", Slytherin. Hmm don't know her.

" Green Olivia ", Hufflepuff. An extra

" Gudgeon Davey ", Hufflepuff. An extra

" Jorkins Bertha ", ravenclaw. ohhhh I know her wasn't she imperioed  then killed by voldy when harry was in his fourth year? I guess I could save her from that.

" King Joshua", also ravenclaw.           

" Laughalot Steve ", Hufflepuff. Guess he does smile alot too

" Lockhart Glideroy ", ravenclaw, I don't see it.

" Lupin Remus ", it took a bit of time before he was also sorted into Griffindor. Is it me or is his hair so pretty?

" McKinnon Marlene ", Griffindor. Order member

" Malfoy Xenophilius ", it took a while but finally was sorted into Ravenclaw.
Like father like daughter I guess

" Macdonald Mary ", Griffindor. Order member

" Meadows Dorcas ", Griffindor. Order member

" Martinez Wilkes ", ravenclaw. Hmm I have heard of him I wonder where?

" Mulciber Gage ", Slytherin. Major death eater

" Pettigrew peter ", was sorted into Griffindor.  I will have to keep an eye on him.

" Potter James ", he strut his way up to the stool, the hat didn't even touch his hair before he was sorted into Griffindor.

There was a lot of clapping especially from his house and the marauders.

" Rakepick Patricia ", Slytherin. Extra

" Rosier Evan ", Slytherin. Death eater

" lovegood Pandora", wait ! Isn't that Luna's mom? , She got sorted into ravenclaw, sat with malfoy is this a start of a romance ?

" Skeeter Rita ", I jolted at that before slowly making my way up to the stool,
Walking up was terrifying when multiple eyes were looking at you I  thought I might trip and make a fun of my self but thankfully I didn't, I sat on the stool before the hat was placed on my head covering my view.

" Hmmm what do we have here? You have traveled a long way haven't you?
But where to place you now? Since you have an old soul you have more experience you have the personality of every house so were to place you? Any suggestions? ".

" you already know where I want to be tho don't you? ".

" In that case , Better be Ravenclaw! ".

I was a bit sad but it was better this way I got of the stool my robes changing to fit my new house Color, I took my seat in front of Pandora and Malfoy returning my attention towards the sorting.

" Snape Severus ", Slytherin. I will have to keep an eye on him too.

" Talkalot Lucinda ", Hufflepuff.  Seriously what is with wizarding names ?

" Vanity Emma ", Slytherin. An extra

" Vance Emmeline ", Hufflepuff. An extra

Once the sorting ended Dumbledore started the feast.

It was marvelous but once my eyes landed on the lasagna I knew no more. It was delicious, made perfectly just how I like it, I had 3 slices before deciding to leave space for dessert.

When I looked back up Pandora was looking at me with a smile on her face, " your like a little squirrel"

I looked back at her before smiling back, " am cute then "

" you are ", she says making me blush I knew I was pretty but no one has given me a compliment before well except for Tilly but that doesn't count.

Our chat seemed to flow effortless Malfoy soon joining us.  We talked about our classes, professors and rumors we have heard from the older students  or family's.

Desserts were served, the first thing I picked was the infamous treacle tart

I looked at the treacle tart on my plate before taking a bite, my eyes shone with delight this. . .this . . .is  just magnificent .

When dinner was over headmaster Dumbledore gave a speech before sending us to our beds. I don't really remember much of what happened on the way I was to tired I only knew walking a bunch of stairs Pandora helping me halfway through Malfoy the other half then through a door then a speech given by our head of house Fitwik which I zoned out of, then the news about how we each get our own rooms since we were small in number just 3 girls and 4 boys.

We didn't talk much on our way there we were all so tired from the long journey we didn't even have time to say goodnight we just walked into our rooms. As I climbed into my bed I wondered what the marauders thought about my sorting, I didn't linger on it tho I just closed my eyes proceeding to fall asleep.

I will probably write each year in one chapter, might write the summer  together or separately not sure yet.
Since I will be writing about the war too it's going to take time.

Anyway thank you for all that follow this story.

Make sure to vote and comment any idea you want me to add!  I will if it goes with the story I have planned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 2.1K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
373K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
4.5K 158 28
I've got issues, you know them too. Its not about you but about the world using guilt as a tool to kill all that what remains of my pride. I'm such...
51.3K 2.1K 110
Juliette Potter is finally at Hogwarts with her favourite person in the world, her brother! They have been together since the start of the time and n...