Gold Rush | Jack Hughes

By kellslibrary

what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils g... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

8.

4K 46 27
By kellslibrary

Share your thoughts!
Enjoy
_________________

"Seattle how are you doing tonight?" I shout. They all cheer happily and I smile. My crew behind me setting the keyboard up. This shows gone by so fast and now it's time for the cover.

Dispite the media not minding their own business I'm still covering you're on your own kid. I also decided that since it's my last show I'm adding a second cover.

I sit down infront of the piano and play the keys as I set the mic up. "So today is my last show of the tour" I say with a frown. "But that also means that I've decided to give you guys a surprise" I continue and they cheer.

They all wait as I look around at them "I'm not just doing one cover" I say. "What!". "Oh my god". I smile and start playing the start of you're on your own kid. "Summer went away still the yearning stays I play it cool with the best of them" I start.

My fingers play the keys while I sing the song and it gets to the bridge. I take a deep breath before singing it "from sprinkler splashes to fireplace ashes, I gave my blood, sweat and tears for this, I hosted parties and starved my body like I'd be saved for a perfect kiss" I sing with the crowd.

"The jokes weren't funny, I took the money my friends from home dont know what to say, I looked around in a blood soaked gown and I saw somethings they can't take away, cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned" I say in one breath.

After taking another breath i continue "everything you lose is a step you take so, make the friendship bracelets , take the moment and taste it, you've got no reason to be afraid" I sing. "You're on your own kid, yeah you can face this, you're on your own kid, you always have been" I finish.

I let out a deep breath as they cheer and I see some of them crying while I look around. "That's probably one of my favourite taylor songs" I say while playing the keys for long live. "This next one is up there too, this is long live" I say.

The crowd goes crazy and I smile and start singing it. "I said I remember this moment" i start. "In the back of my mind" i continue. The fans sing along with me and I smile singing it and playing the keyboard.

As the song comes to an end the confetti falls from the sky and without realizing it tears are falling down my cheek. I watch them and then tap the tears away before finishing the show with the last couple of songs of mine.

Before the shows over I look around "I'm gonna miss touring" I say. "We'll miss you!" A group of them yell back. I smile "as you know I'm working on music" I start. They all cheer again. "But it won't be out for awhile" I continue.

"I love you guys see you when I see you" i say before leaving the stage. The girls greet me like they always do "dude that was so good" jordyn says. "I cried" isla says. "Me too" emma adds. "I almost did" felicity says.

We get to the back and everything's packed up so I change and throw on a hoodie before we leave for the bus. It's taking us to the airport and then we're going home..

I clean up my bunk while we're on the way there. "My whole for you page is you covering you're on your own kid and people are freaking out" isla says. "Really?" I ask. "Yes, taylor even commented on one" she adds.

"Wh-what?" I ask. She smirks "she said and I quote wow what a performance" she says. I gasp "TAYLORS HEARD ME SING HER SONGS!!" I scream and start crying happy tears.

Isla takes a video of my fangirling and I wipe my face "oh my god" I say out of breath. She stops videoing it and shows me after and I laugh clutching my stomach. "Oh my god please send that to me" I giggle. "Already did" she says. We go back to packing our stuff.

Once we're at the airport we say bye to the bus and the crew takes our stuff inside for us and we're going through security. When we get to the gate I save the video and post it to tiktok. "How long til we board?" I ask.

"An hour" isla answers. I sigh and check my texts.

Jack

Saw those clips

Amazing babe

Liv

Babe? Awww

Thank you jacky

Jack

Facetime?

I miss your face

Liv

I miss yours

He calls me and I put my airpods in and answer. "Hi" he says. "Hi jack" I reply smiling. "Did you have fun?" He asks. I smile "yeah I had a ton of fun" i answer smiling.

"That's good you did amazing from the clips I saw" he says. "Thank you jack" I say looking at him through my phone. Just a couple days ago I was in his arms and I immediately missed him when he left for the airport.

We've both ignored social media and have ignored any questions about us. Thankfully the hockey media hasn't dove into talking about us. We're not together but we're also not talking to other people.

After talking for a little bit he starts to get tired so we hangup and he goes to bed. Sadly he won't be there when I get there. They flew to toronto after their practice and now I'm flying home. Another week without him.

Our flight boards about 15 minutes after we've hung up and now I'm getting comfortable and falling asleep in the airplane chair.

The flight home goes by fast and now we're ubering home. My hoods on and so are my sunglasses dispite it being stupid early in the morning. By that I mean its 6am.

My head hits my pillow shortly after we get to our place and instead of going on my phone I fall back asleep for what feels like an hour but is 7. I wake up with my hair all over and feeling slightly refreshed.

I put my hair in a bun and wonder out to the living area. "Shes alive!" Isla says. I laugh "I really needed that I missed my own bed" I reply sitting down on the couch. "People are saying you should open for Taylor's next tour" emma says looking at her phone.

"Really?" I ask. She nods and shows me the tweets then the tiktok comments. "Wow" I whisper. "Wouldn't that be crazy?" Isla asks. I nod "yeah but it'll probably be gracie" I reply. "What if she has you both?" Jordyn asks. "I think I'd die" I answer honestly. They laugh and nod.

Since we have nothing to do and we're back from tour we decide to just binge watch the current season of grey's anatomy since I didn't have time to watch it while on tour.

Jack has a late game so I make them stop watching grey's so we can watch his game. Emma and isla didn't complain because they get to see nico and jesper. Jordyn and felicity don't really care what we watch.

Liv

Watching from my couch

Kick some ass

Jack

Just for you

I blush and put my phone down then watch the preshow. About 15 minutes later they're out for warmups. They briefly show jack while they're talking about his stats so far this season.

"We also didn't think jack was going go make it to toronto, he was seen in Vancouver then seattle in just 12 hours" one of them says. I sit up and listen even more. "He was seen at Olivia Davis' Vancouver show with his brother quinn and there is now a rumour that jack is no longer single" another one says.

Pics of jack and quinn on the balcony are shown and then pics of us leaving the venue pop up. Fuck. I grab my phone and text Anthony.

Liv

Come up with
something to get
rid of the rumours

Anthony

Want me to say
you're just friends?

Liv

Please

The girls look at me "well?" Isla asks. "Tony's going to deny the rumours for us and we're gonna continue getting to know each other" I answer. "They shouldn't even bring up their personal lives" jordyn says annoyed. "I fucking agree" I reply.

Jack is shown during the anthem and he's biting his glove. "Whys he doing that?" Isla asks. I laugh and shrug "I don't know but he looks cute" I answer. "Of course you'd say that" emma says. "He is!" I reply.

"You're adorable together" jordyn says. "We're not official" I reply getting up to get a drink. "Right because you kiss all your friends" she says. "Just him" I smirk.

I sit down with my drink as the game starts. Not even a full minute in jack scores and I can't help but laugh. "Why are you laughing?" Emma asks. "Because it was funny, he went passed every maple leaf and they still didn't stop him" I answer as they replay it.

They nod "yeah pretty funny" jordyn says. The first period goes by without any more goals but during second luke gets one and so does nico making it 3-0. "Are the leafs even playing?" Jordyn asks. "I think they've given up" I answer and check my phone.

Steph

Are you watching the game?

Liv

Yes

No offence but did mitch even show?

Steph

Haha so funny

Right as I look up jack scores again making it 4-0.

Steph

Your man definitely showed up

Liv

We're not official

Steph

Suuuuure

I put my phone down and watch as the second period comes to an end. During intermission I go scrolling on tiktok. Which I probably shouldn't have done.

"Olivia was seen with jack Hughes, if they're together I hope they last, I think they could be really good for each other and I can already imagine the love songs Olivia will be writing" the girl in the tiktok says.

Well then. I go through the comments and lots of them are excited for new music and don't care if it's about jack. There's a few that are saying we're together and I'm definitely writing about him. Which is half true.

Another 20 minutes of playing goes by toronto scores getting themselves on the board but jesper scores making it 5-1. Then with 2 minutes left toronto calls for a time out.

Then once the play continues their goalie skates over to the bench. Unfortunately for them luke gets the empty netter. 6-1. The seconds tick down and I notice that a majority of the fans have already left the building.

"I'm tired and have a photoshoot tomorrow so good night" isla says. "Night!" We all say. "Yeahh I've got a meeting tomorrow so I'm also off to bed" felicity says. "Night" we reply staring at our phones.

My phone starts ringing as I'm looking for something to watch.

Jacky on facetime

I answer it and his tired face pops up. Looks like he's on the bus "hey beautiful" he answers. I blush "hi handsome" I reply. He smiles "did you see my goal?" He asks. "I sure did, both of em" I answer. "Did you see mine?" Luke asks popping his head in.

Jack rolls his eyes "i did" I answer. "Go away" Jack says swatting him away. I giggle "bye lukey" I say. "Anyway, how was your flight home?" He asks. "Good" I answer. We talk until he gets to Ottawa and we hangup both tired.

Since I slept most of the day I'm not that tired so I go to my room and work on the album a little bit before falling asleep in the chair.

________________________________

Ahhh hope ya enjoyed

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ A American Hockey player and a American figure...
433K 4.1K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
89.2K 711 26
[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing if he would get drafted. you finally meet...
26.5K 660 31
to him, she was always his heaven.