max ziegler | dance moms

By luvspeaknow

maxine grace ziegler is the younger sister of maddie and mackenzie. she's a fabulous little dancer, but can s... More

❤︎︎
The Competition Begins!
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
When Stars Collide
Dying to Dance
She's a Fighter
Love on the Dance Floor
From Ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy Brings It On!
It All Ends Here
There's Only One Star
Everyone's Replaceable
Return of the Candy Apples
Brooke's Turning Point
No One Likes a Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill on the Rampage
Bullets and Ballet
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Wave
Melissa Pleads the 5th
Waiting for Joffrey

Stealing the Show

755 12 1
By luvspeaknow

After school, we went straight to the dance studio. What's new?

"Let's talk about Starbound competition. Can we have a round of applause? Whoo-hoo! Okay. So, Brooke, you blew them away. The people sitting around me were in awe when you did your handstand twist. But why all the drama with the hip? Hmm? If you are seriously injured, you don't need to go to your mother and get everybody worked up, you come to me, and that needs to be clear, yes?" Miss Abby asked, and she nodded. "I want to talk about this week's competition."

Miss Abby turned the chalkboard around, showing us the pyramid.

                                       𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚  𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚

𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙭  𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙞-𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚

"Do you see there's somebody new on top? Yes. Brooke, you are here because of your performance. You worked through an injury, you did what you had to do, you were a team player. You are getting a solo this weekend. Alright, Chloe, Maddie, you are also getting solos this weekend. The bottom row, what am I supposed to do with you five? You need to step it up. You need to get your butts back into class and start working on your technique. And you know what, since we're in Pittsburgh this weekend, I'm gonna give every single one of you a solo," Miss Abby explained, and I smiled in excitement. "Moms, it's gonna be a busy week. I expect them to be amazing. Do you understand? Yes? Sit up straight. Ladies, let's go."

We stood up and began warming up around the studio as the moms left.

-

Vivi, Kenzie and I had to watch Maddie's solo rehearsal. We sat in the back of the room, stretching and observing. The cameras were also filming this.

"It's like you're dancing out of control a little bit. You need to bring it down. Yes? And if everything's big, then nothing's big," Miss Abby said to the girl. "Watch that lean on that heel on that jeté."

-

A couple hours later, we also had to watch Brooke's solo rehearsal.

"Ooh, straight knee in front. Breathe."

I haven't danced at all today, which is kind of sad.  I don't even know what my dance is called, or what the music sounds like!

Next was Nia's solo rehearsal.

"Nia. What's going on with your legs?" Miss Abby asked, bringing out a bat. "That leg. Yes? Do it again." Every time Nia lifted her leg, Miss Abby hit it with the bat to make sure it's strong enough.

"I don't know why you're leaning on your heels, but go ahead. Why are you so sloppy? Why is that foot banging on the ground? Come on."

Then it was time for Kenzie's solo rehearsal. I was starting to get very bored.

"Jump! Smile! Bigger! Wiggle! Move to the back! Come on, think! What are you doing?" Miss Abby asked.

"I just forgot," Kenzie replied, on the verge of crying.

"What? You forgot? But you have to keep going. You can't just quit dancing. Alright, start again. Suck it up. I don't wanna see those tears," Miss Abby demanded, and she started her solo again. "Back leg higher! Turn it out! Slow down!"

Finally, finally, it was time for my solo rehearsal! Kenzie and Vivi were watching from where I was, and the cameras were filming.

"Okay, Max, your solo is entitled 'When Will My Life Begin.' It's a jazz piece, I know you're good at jazz routines. Let's get going," Miss Abby started, and we began working. "Point those feet! Straighten your legs! Head up, smile."

After a very hard day of working, it was finally time to go home.

"So, do you guys like your solos?" Mommy asked when we got in the car.

"Yeah, mine is pretty good. I'm excited," Maddie replied.

"I'm a mouse!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"Wow, that's so cool! I'm sure you'll be the cutest mouse there," Mommy insisted.

"Mine is Tangled," I spoke.

"Oh, like the movie? Is it a song from that movie?" Mommy questioned, and I nodded. "That's awesome, I know how much you love princesses," Mommy stated. "Max, you have another interview by yourself, just letting you know."

•Four days to competition•

We pulled up at the dance studio, making our way inside.

Maddie and Kenzie went straight to the dancers den.

I made my way to the set with Mommy, where I was told to sit in a chair in front of many costumes.

"Hi, Max. All I want you to do is tell us about your solo, okay? Can you do that for us?" the cameraman asked, and I agreed. "Alright, action."

"My solo is a song from Tangled. I think I forget the name. But I like it. I hope I don't forget it," I spoke, and that was all they needed.

"Good job, kid. You're good to go," he said, and I went to Mommy.

"That was so good, Max. You spoke so well," she insisted. "Your speaking really is getting better."

I went into the dancers den with the other girls. I think Chloe was having a solo rehearsal. The moms were talking in the corner, but I didn't bother to listen.

"How are you guys liking your solos?" Nia asked, doing a split.

"I love mine, it's so fun. But I'm kind of nervous, since this is my first solo for the show," Paige admitted.

"I want to do a good job," Kenzie added.

Chloe came back shortly after, and Maddie went in for her solo rehearsal. Maddie finished, and Miss Abby came into the den.

"Hey, Vivi, I need you for rehearsal," Miss Abby called, taking Vivi into the studio. "Let's go, sweetheart."

"Hey, are those my shorts?" Maddie asked Kenzie. She played dumb.

"What shorts?" she questioned. Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Stop it. I know those are my shorts, I've been looking everywhere for them and you just happen to be wearing them!" Maddie exclaimed in annoyance.

"I like them and they fit," Kenzie shrugged.

"Will you ever stop taking my clothes?" Maddie asked, very annoyed.

"No," Kenzie insisted.

"Kenzie has the same ones as you," I added, and they both looked at me. "There is a stain on yours. Kenzie's are brand new."

Maddie bent down and checked the shorts. They were spotless.

"How do you know about the stain?" Maddie asked, suspiciously pointing at me. I shrugged. "Okay, then where is it?"

"Left leg on the bottom. It's blue," I replied, and her jaw was hanging open. She was contemplating her next move, I could feel it.

"Ha, the 4-year-old is smarter than you," Paige joked, and I squinted my eyes at her.

"Hey, I'm smart for my age!" I insisted.

"Fine, the shorts aren't mine. Doesn't mean it's okay that you copied my style. I don't want to go around in public matching with my little sister," Maddie spoke. Kenzie was about to say something when Miss Abby entered the den.

"Max, let's go, rehearsal time," she stated, and I left the den.

My solo is coming along good, it's almost done. I love it. I hope the costume is good.

"Straighten those legs on that leap! What are you doing? Bend lower! No sickled feet!" Miss Abby yelled as I danced. When I finished, I walked over to her. "Your solo looks good, just remember to point those feet and bend down more. We'll continue tomorrow, you're done."

I went back into the den, pretty warn out from the rehearsal.

"You okay?" Kenzie asked, sitting next to me. I nodded.

"Yeah. Just tired," I replied, resting my eyes.

-

"Wake up!" I heard, and I opened my eyes. Maddie was standing in front of me, shaking my shoulders. "Let's go, it's time to leave."

"Already? What's the time?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I don't know. How on earth did you fall asleep? If Miss Abby saw you, you would've been dead," Maddie spoke as we walked down the hallway.

"I didn't mean to. I was resting my eyes," I insisted. We walked to the front desk, where Mommy and Kenzie were waiting.

"Let's go girls, it's late," Mommy said. She was right, it was very dark out. Kenzie and I held each of Mommy's hands, walking outside into the hot air. We got in the car and drove home, exhausted from the days rehearsal.

•One day to competition•

The girls were in group rehearsal, learning this weeks group dance, which won't be aired. Kenzie and I weren't in it. It's called 'House of Love.' I think it'll be good.

We had an acro class, which I enjoyed. I was doing a handstand twist when I completely fell over.

"Ooh, Max, be careful," Miss Abby told me. We then did side ariel's one at a time, starting with Maddie.

In the middle of class, Mommy came in and started talking to Miss Abby.

After class, all of the moms and Miss Abby came into the den.

"Are they gonna be able to continue running their solos with you, Abby?" Holly asked.

"Maddie had a half-hour private with Matt Saffron, her tap teacher, today. Chloe came in today. Emma worked with her," Miss Abby stated.

"But she's learning a whole new dance," Christi insisted.

We all left after that, wanting to be away from the moms and Miss Abby's arguing.

I finished up my solo, and I'm happy with it. I'm just scared it won't go well on stage.

"Nice job, Max. Let's hope it looks this good on stage. You're dismissed," Miss Abby spoke, and I thanked her before leaving. "You're welcome."

•Competition day•

Everybody woke up on time today, so we were running on schedule for once.

"Kenzie, if you steal my shorts again, I'll smash your iPad on the cement. Hard," Maddie threatened, and Mommy gave her a weird look.

"I didn't steal your shorts. We have the same ones!" Kenzie yelled in frustration.

"Whatever, same thing. Just don't wear them again," Maddie spoke.

"Wear them," I whispered, and she nodded in agreement. We quietly giggled.

"Oh, by the way, I got a 96 on my math test. It was so easy for me," Maddie bragged, taking the paper out from her pocket. She totally had this planned out. Mommy studied it before putting it on the fridge next to her other test.

"Good job, Mads. I'm proud of you," Mommy smiled. Kenzie and I were unimpressed.

"Only a 96? I got a 100 on my math test," Kenzie spoke. Mommy raised her eyebrows.

"Well, that's because first grade is easy. You don't do any hard stuff. I would know, I passed it," Maddie smirked.

"I had show and tell. I brought my blue car," I added. "I was going to bring my purple one but Kenzie stole it."

"I gave it back!" Kenzie defended.

"Yes. Too late," I argued. She huffed in annoyance.

"Stop arguing, we've gotta go," Mommy spoke. We hopped out of our seats, grabbed our makeup cases, and headed for the car.

-

We arrived at the dance studio on time, and we got our cases out of the car and into the bus.

We boarded the bus. I sat in the back next to Chloe.

"Nia?" Miss Abby called, taking attendance.

"Here."

"Mackenzie?"

"Here."

"Max?"

"Here."

"Maddie?"

"Here."

"Vivi-Anne?"

"Not here," Brooke replied.

Chloe started playing with my hair, and it felt very good.

"Here we go girls. Hold your breath, arms up," Miss Abby instructed when the bus went under a tunnel. Chloe stopped playing with my hair, but only for a second.

"I just love your hair," she laughed. I didn't mind, I liked it.

"You have Rapunzel hair," I told her, and she looked at the hair she could.

"Yeah, I see it. I wish it was longer, though," she replied.

"It looks good now," I said. She laughed, and I gave her a look.

"Thanks," she spoke. "Can I have your hair? It's just so beautiful. Never seen a 4-year-old with such good hair."

"Thank you. Nobody has told me that," I stated, smiling.

She kept doing that for a while before she decided she wanted to read, so I thought the best idea was to annoy Kenzie. She was watching something on her iPad. I took my empty, plastic water bottle and chucked it at her. She gasped in shock.

"What was that for?" she questioned. I told her I was bored, so she threw it back. It landed on the floor, rolling under the seats. I gave her an unimpressed look.

"Who's water bottle is this?" Maddie asked, holding up said water bottle. "I found it on the floor."

"It's mine," I spoke, and she whipped it at me. It smacked my nose, which hurt a lot. "Ouch!"

"Keep your water bottles to yourself," Maddie teased, and I stuck my tongue out at her. She did it back. What a meanie.

-

An hour later we arrived at the competition, somewhat on time. We grabbed our makeup cases and entered the building. Miss Abby signed us in.

"Let's go, we're all here," Miss Abbg spoke, and Cathy caught up to us with Vivi. We all walked to the dressing room together.

Maddie, Kenzie and I set our stuff next to each other, getting to work on hair and makeup. Mommy started with Kenzie while Maddie started her makeup. If I did that, I wouldn't look like a human anymore.

"Girls, break a leg. Please make me proud out there, alrighty?" Miss Abby spoke. Mommy started doing my hair once Kenzie's was good. Maddie was practicing her solo in the corner. She has two solos this week.

"Here, go put on your costume," Mommy told me when she was done. I grabbed it and walked into the changing room. I loved it so much, it was just like Rapunzel!

I even got to wear matching shoes with bows! I love this costume a lot.

"Wow, you look so pretty!" Mommy said, and I smiled. We went to the audience to watch Maddie's first solo shortly after.

"Next up we have an advanced mini tap solo. Please Welcome Maddie with 'A Capella,'" the EMCEE announced, and she went onstage. We all cheered for her. She did amazing. I went backstage with Kenzie, since her solo was coming up.

"You got this. You will do great," I insisted.

"Next up we have an advanced acro-gymnastics solo. Please welcome Mackenzie with 'His Dance Pop,'" the EMCEE spoke, and she took the stage. I cheered from the wing. When she finished, I definitely clapped the most. I gave her a big hug and she left to go find Mommy.

The next solo was Vivi-Anne, and I knew it was gonna be funny.

"Say hello to Vivi-Anne with 'Bumblebee.'" the announcer said, and she entered the stage. I will say that this dance was a lot better than her last one. But she did slip and fall, which Miss Abby won't be happy with.

My solo was coming up soon, and I was pretty nervous. Paige and Kenzie were backstage with me.

"You're gonna do so good, you look awesome in your costume, you'll kill it out there!" Paige encouraged, pulling me into a hug. "You're prepared and ready, I know you can do it."

"You look good, so does the dance. Whoo-hoo!" Kenzie cheered, and I smiled.

"Next up we have a jazz routine with Max entitled 'When Will My Life Begin.'" the EMCEE announced, and I took the stage. I heard Paige and Kenzie cheering from the wing.

7 am, the usual morning lineup

Start on the chores and sweep 'till the floors all clean

Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up

Sweep again and by then it's 7:15

And so I'll read a book, maybe two or three

I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery

I'll play guitar and knit and cook and basically

Just wonder, when will my life begin?

When my music ended, I exited the stage to be immediately greeted by Paige and Kenzie.

"You did so good, you looked amazing!" Paige exclaimed, pulling away.

"You looked like Rapunzel," Kenzie insisted. I thanked them before leaving to go find Mommy. I ran down the hallway, spotting her on the other end. I ran right to her, and she picked me up. The cameras followed me.

"You did so good, you were beautiful! I'm so proud of you," Mommy said.

We went back to the audience to watch the others perform. Kenzie also came into the audience.

"Please welcome Brooke with 'Break Me,'" the EMCEE stated, and Brooke took the stage. I love her dress.

She did absolutely amazing, she looked gorgeous.

"Please welcome Nia with 'You do,'" the announcer said, and Nia went onstage. She did amazing, her solo was great.

I wanted to go backstage for Paige's solo, since she was there for mine.

"You got this. You look good. Your dance is good. You can did this." I tried my best to encourage her. I kind of ran out of things to say, I guess. So I just hugged her.

"Thanks. I'm just scared something will go wrong, or I'll forget it," she laughed, pulling away.

"I believe in you. You are ready. You will do amazing," I continued. She went on stage, and I cheered as loud as I could. She started off great, she looked so good. Until she froze on stage. She forgot her dance. I felt so bad. She worked so hard on it, and she forgot it.

"Give her a nice round of applause, make her feel very comfortable," the EMCEE spoke, and she ran off the stage. She ran right past me and out the door.

We went back to the dressing room since we had some time until Maddie and Chloe's solos. Mommy was fixing Maddie's hair.

"Maddie, it's fine. Stop putting pins in it, it looks ridiculous. There's 50 bobby pins in it," Mommy insisted. Maddie was putting way too many bobby pins in her hair. "Let me see."

Maddie stormed out, and Mommy sighed in defeat.

"She wants everything to be perfect, all the time, the kid. I can't stand it. I got to just stay away from her right now," Mommy ranted.

Kenzie and I played with the mirror some more, since we had nothing better to do. Chloe was running her dance with the music in the dressing room.

"Okay, Maddie's on in three. Kenz, Max, come on, we got to go see your sister," Mommy spoke, and we each took one of Mommy's hands. I was on her left, Kenzie was on her right.

We walked down the hallway, about to enter the theatre.

"Melissa? Melissa?" Christi called from the other end of the hallway.

"Yeah?" Mommy asked, almost entering the theatre. Christi motioned for Mommy to come over, but she just went into the theatre with us. I sat in the middle of Kenzie and Brooke.

"Next up, please welcome Maddie with 'Cry,'" the EMCEE spoke, and she walked on stage. She looked beautiful, as always. She did amazing, she looked so good on stage. "That's Maddie with 'Cry,'"

Mommy brought me and Kenzie out of the theatre to greet Maddie.

"Good job, baby!" Mommy exclaimed when she saw Maddie running down the hall. Kenzie and I walked behind them. "You did great, didn't you? You were fabulous."

Nia walked with us, wearing the costume for one of the unaired group dances.

"Good job, Maddie!" Chloe yelled, running over to give Maddie a hug before going in the opposite direction.

We went back to the audience to watch Chloe's solo, which I was excited for. I love watching Chloe dance.

"Next up, judges, we have an advanced mini lyrical solo. Please welcome Chloe with 'Mother,'" the announcer spoke, and she started dancing. She did wonderful, as always.

"Good job Chloe!" I exclaimed when I saw her in the hallway. I gave her a hug.

"You too, I don't think I've seen you since your solo," she said, and I smiled.

-

It was finally time for awards, so we all took the stage once more.

"Here are our top four overalls for the advanced prep soloists. Fourth overall...."

Neither Kenzie or I placed, but I did receive a Gold award. Kenzie got a High Gold award.

"Alright, now it's time to announce our overalls for our advanced mini soloists. I will announce the top ten highest scoring advanced mini solo entries that we have seen today. Here are our top four. Fourth place overall, 'Mother.' That's Chloe from Abby Lee Dance Company." I clapped very loudly. "And our first place overall top scoring advanced mini soloist, receiving a $75 check and the trophy is 'Cry.' That's Maddie from Abby Lee Dance Company. Congratulations. Huge round of applause for our top scorers."

The group dance placed 8th overall. There was a second unaired group dance, which placed 1st overall.

We ran to the moms, giving them very big hugs. Christi started arguing with Miss Abby.

"Are you kidding? I'm a paying client, and you won't speak to me?" Christi asked.

"No. Nothing's worth that much money," Miss Abby insisted, entering the dressing room.

"Now, we don't want to ruin the waited victory," Christi insisted.

"I'm not ruining it," Miss Abby said.

"Abby, we need to go in the hallway," Christi spoke.

"Don't be doing this in front of my daughter, Christi," Mommy spoke up.

"Abby, we can all go in the hallway, 'cause I tried to talk to you and I tried to you, personally," Christi pointed.

"Why are you doing this?" Miss Abby questioned.

"Let's go in the hallway," Christi suggested.

"I'm not going anywhere," Mommy insisted, shaking her head. "My daughter's happy."

"Let's go in the hallway. Do you want to talk about all the things that need to be talked about?" Christi asked.

"Not here, not now," Miss Abby demanded.

"Because you won't talk about it and you won't talk about it," Christi continued, talking to Miss Abby and Mommy. They all started shouting over each other. Maddie started crying.

"You're making my daughter cry, so shut up!" Mommy yelled at Christi.

"How many times has my daughter beat your daughter this year!" Christi screamed in Mommy's face. "The weight was stacked against everybody this weekend because you did it!"

Gia hugged Maddie as she cried.

I also started to cry, and so did Kenzie. I looked over and tears were streaming down her face.

"Get out of here now!" Mommy yelled.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Christi shouted. I cried more.

"Bitch," Mommy spat.

"Your kids feel bad, but it doesn't matter that my daughter feels bad!" Christi screamed.

"Your daughter is holding a national title, and I will take it away in a minute!" Miss Abby screamed at Christi. Mommy started packing up our stuff. Maddie was sobbing as we picked up our stuff. Christi and Miss Abby kept screaming in each other's faces. I felt very stressed.

"No, come with me. Girls. They are staying with me," Mommy insisted as we left the dressing room. "I'm not going on that fucking bus! That fucking bitch!"

Kelly walked with us as the three of us cried our eyes out. The cameras were still filming.

"Don't cry. It's okay," Kelly spoke. Kenzie and I tried to go back to Mommy, who stopped walking, but Kelly pulled us back. The crying didn't stop until we left the competition, when everything was calmer. And when the cameras stopped filming.

That was one of the scariest days of my life. Not being dramatic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 1.5K 17
Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler are both the favorites at the ALDC and everyone knows it. Both girls try their hardest to be humble, but everyone at the...
18.1K 261 21
Amaya Manchester is a beautiful little dancer her and her sister get an opportunity to dance for abby. Amaya isn't the favorite kid but what happens...
11.7K 211 37
Claire is a dancer at the Aldc. When abby starts a reality show she invites Claire to be on her competition team. Claire is known to be a very dedic...
52.8K 1.1K 54
McKinna Maryen Ziegler had lived in the shadows for most of her life, letting her sister have the spotlight. Until an opportunity for a chance to be...