Imperfect love

Kinkyshygay által

Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding... Több

A few important things
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty-two
Author's Note
Question

Chapter forty-one

648 27 25
Kinkyshygay által

Athena’s POV

As I was sleeping, I felt someone lying next to me, I knew from the smell of my peach body wash that it was Alex. I put my arm over her, and she scouted closer. She kissed my cheek, and I went back to sleep.

I woke up a couple hours later, I slowly got up to not wake her up and went in the bathroom to make myself presentable. I stood in the doorway and watched as she slept. Her chest moved up and down and lips were parted. She looked adorable.

I went in the living and started correcting some of the papers, so that I have more time with her when she wakes up. At around one thirty I started cooking for both of us.

I went to wake her up at around 3.30.

“Baby” She groaned in response. “Will you get up?”

“Let me sleep.” She mumbled and immediately went back to sleep. She must have been exhausted. I decided to let her sleep and let her wake up on her own.

I sat in the living room and corrected the rest of the papers. Once I was done I turned on the Tv. At around 5.3 I started getting worried, but decided to not wake her up yet.

I walked to the room to check up on her a few times. At around 6.3 I decided to go wake her up, she had been sleeping for ten hours, if not more.

“Baby” I pecked her lips and she hummed. “It’s late, you should wake up.”

She opened her eyes and looked at me. I climbed on the bed and laid next to her. I caressed her head and her cheek.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m tired” She whined. “I don’t want to go to work.”

“I know baby.” I said and caressed her arm. She laid her head on my chest and started falling asleep again. “Baby, you need to eat something.”

“I’m not hungry.” She said and closed her eyes. She fell asleep again, this time on my chest. I woke her up again an hour later.

“Alex, you need to get up, you have to go to work in a while.” She opened her eyes and stretched. “You’ve been sleeping all day, don’t make me drag you out of bed.” She smiled and kissed me. She got up and went in the bathroom and I waited for her in the kitchen.

She walked in and started making a cup of coffee.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“I’m not hungry, I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize.” I smiled and pecked her lips.

We sat together, until she had to get ready and leave for work. I drove her to the club and went back home. I was worried for her, she didn’t eat anything before going to work, how is she going to pull through the entire shift?

I decided to text Emma and ask her to keep an eye on her, just in case anything happens.

“Hey”

“Hey Athena, is everything okay?”

“Yep, can I ask you for a favor?”

“Sure”

“Can you keep an eye on Alex today? She didn’t seem too well when I dropped her off and she haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. She spent the entire day sleeping as well.”

“Sure, I’ll keep an eye on her and if anything happens, I’ll let you know.”

“Thanks, Oh, and don’t tell her I texted you.”

“Got it, don’t worry.”

Alex’s POV

Every time Athena tried waking me up, I felt as if I couldn’t move. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. She tried to get me to eat but I didn’t have an appetite. I got up and drank some coffee and got to work.

For the past two days I’ve been feeling a little under the weather, but it’s probably from the exhaustion.

I pushed through the night, but it was a struggle, I was exhausted and my body was sore. Once I finished Emma offered to drive me to Athena’s place.

“Thanks.”

“No worries kiddo” She smiled and I got out of the car and into the house. I took a quick shower and dropped myself next to Athena. She turned and hugged me and I fell asleep immediately.

She woke me up the next day at around 5.3. My head was pounding.

“I have a headache.” I mumbled and she brought me a painkiller. A little after I got up and followed her to the kitchen, where she had already served us.

“I waited for you to wake up.”

I ate half of it, but I wasn’t really hungry.

“You need to eat Alex.”

“I don’t want to, I’m full.”

“How are you going to pull through at work today?”

“I’ll be fine.” I started doing my homework.

She helped me finish it and we cuddled on the couch until it was time to go to the club.  

The shift was unbearable. About midway, Emma pulled me aside to talk to me.

“Alex, you seem tired, perhaps you should leave earlier today.”

“No, I’m fine, I can handle it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yep” She sighed and let me go back to work. I managed to finish my shift and once again she drove me to Athena’s place. I took a shower, made a coffee and got dressed for school.

Athena woke up and made us breakfast.

“Baby, how are you?”

“I’m tired.” I whined and she hugged me.

“I know.” We ate breakfast and she drove us to school.

I was struggling to stay awake during science. During Math I started feeling cold and Charlie was worried. All I wanted was to go home and sleep. I managed to pull through the rest of my classes. During lunch break we went to the cafeteria where I saw Athena talking to Mrs. Miller and her wife. We locked eyes and she smiled at me from across the room.

During PE she let me sit on the bench. She let me go earlier and I went to English. I wasn’t feeling well. I knocked on her door and she opened it for me.

“Are you okay?”

“No, I don’t feel well and I’m cold.”

“You are pale.” She put her hand on my forehead. “You are burning Alex. You should go to the nurse.” She said grabbing my arm. She led me to the nurse’s office.

The nurse helped me put a thermometer.

“Yep, you’ve got a fever. 39.5. You should go home.”

“I’ll tell Charlie to take you, wait here.” She told me.

She left and came back in ten minutes.

“That was fast.” I gave her a small smile and she did the same.

“She’s waiting at the parking lot.” The nurse helped me off the bed and I walked out with Athena. I was shivering. She took off her jacket and put it over me. I wanted to hug her, but we were still at the school.

She helped me in Charlie’s car.

“Take her to my place, don’t leave her alone, stay with her until I come back, and if you need anything, Alex has my number, text me.” Charlie nodded. Athena walked back to the school and Charlie started driving.

“Bro, are you okay?” She asked as we got there.

“No.” She helped me out of the car, and we got in the house.

I changed into my pajamas and laid on the bed. Charlie pulled the covers over me, but I was still cold. She brought me another blanket and sat on the bed with me.

Soon after I fell asleep.

Athena’s POV

I gave the class a random assignment to do, I wasn’t in the mood to teach, I was worried about Alex.

“If you finish, bring it to me and I’ll tell you what to do next.” Most of them pretended to work until the end of the class, to avoid doing extra work. “Whoever hasn’t finished will finish it at home and bring it tomorrow. For tomorrow’s homework, I want you to read the text on page 55 and write a summary.”

The bell rang and I collected the remaining assignments, gathered my stuff and as soon as the last student  left the room I walked out as well.

When I got home, I went in the bedroom and saw Charlie sitting on the bed next to Alex.

“She’s sleeping.” Charlie whispered and got off the bed.

“Thank you.” I told her and hugged her, she hugged me back.

“I’m glad that she has you in her life.” Charlie said. Pulling away. “I misjudged you at the beginning, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I said and smiled. I walked up to Alex and gently put my hand on her forehead. “She’s warm.”

“I should get going, my mum is waiting for me.” I walked her to the door. “Bye Athena.”

“Bye Charlie.” I went in the kitchen and made some chicken soup. I got a painkiller and a glass of water and went in the bedroom and sat on the bed next to her. I didn’t want her to be alone.

After an hour she stirred and opened her eyes.

“Baby” I said softly and caressed her cheek. She looked at me and gave me a half smile. “Here” I said handing her the painkiller. She sat up and took it.

“Thank you.”

“How are you feeling?”

“My body hurts and I’m cold.”

“Do you want me to bring you some soup?”

“No, I’m not hungry.”

“How about a hug?” I asked her and she nodded. I moved closer, hugged her and pulled her to lay down on my chest.

“I feel awful.”

“I know.”

I played with her hair, and she fell asleep again. After a while, I got off the bed and went in the living room to correct the assignments I gave today.

Alex’s POV

I woke up and looked around. It was dark outside, and Athena wasn’t next to me. I slowly got up and went in the living room. She was sitting on the couch correcting papers and she didn’t notice me walking in. I cleared my throat, and she looked up.

“Baby, you are up.” She said and I nodded and sat next to her. She put her hand on my forehead. “The fever has gone done, how are you feeling?”

“A little better, but my nose is stuffed.” She caressed my cheek and left the papers on the coffee table.

“Cuddles?” She asked smiling and I nodded. I put my head on her chest.

“I knew I was going to get sick.”

“You knew it?”

“Yes, I’ve been feeling sick since yesterday.”

“And you didn’t say anything?” I shrugged and she sighed.

We cuddled on the couch, watching TV. After a while she got up and went in the kitchen. She came back with a glass of water and a bowl of soup.

“Try to eat a little.” I nodded and took it from her hands. It was tasty, but I wasn’t really hungry. I forced myself to eat at least half of it and then placed it on the coffee table and drank the water.

“Thank you” I told her and smiled at her. She leaned closer and planted a kiss on my cheek.

As the time passed, I started feeling tired again. My body was aching, as if I had been in a fight.

“Babe, I think I’m going to go lay down again. I don’t feel well.”

“I’ll come with you.”

“You don’t have to, it’s still early for you to go to sleep.”

“Let’s go.” She said getting up. She gave me her hand and helped me up.

We went in the bedroom, and she laid next to me. She pulled me to lay on her chest and caressed my head.

“Goodnight baby.” She whispered as I started falling asleep.

“Goodnight, babe” I whispered back.

Athena’s POV

When I woke up the next morning, Alex had pulled all the covers and had her back turned at me. She looked like a burrito. I got up and walked to her side. I put my hand on her forehead and she had a fever again. Poor thing. She was sleeping peacefully, which was a good sign.

I got ready for work and before I left I put the thermometer, a glass of water a painkiller, cough drops and tissues on her nightstand. I planted a kiss on her forehead and left her a small note that said ‘Good morning baby, if you need anything call me.’

I got to the school and arrived at the same time as Danielle and Cam.

“Lucas, don’t forget to come to my class at lunch break.” I heard Cam yelling.

“Yes ma.” The boy yelled walking away from them.

“Good morning.” I told them smiling.

“Good morning” They replied together.

“How are you?” I asked them.

“We are living with a teenage boy.” Danielle said, causing me to chuckle.

“Is he difficult?”

“No, but he is going through the ‘I love you but I don’t want to be seen with you’ phase.” She spoke again.

“And he has Dani’s attitude.” Cam added, chuckling and Danielle shoved her.

“How are you?” Danielle asked me.

“I’m good.” I smiled.

“Do you have any thing interesting going on?” She winked.

“No, I’m taking a break from dating guys.”

“What about girls?” She asked and I turned to look at her.

“What?” I asked and felt a knot in my stomach.

“What about dating girls?” She smirked.

“I don’t…”

“I know Athena” She smiled.

“What do you know?” My heart was beating in my chest and I felt like it was going to explode.

“I know that you like girls.”

“Oh” I let out a sigh, for a minute I thought she knew about me and Alex. “Yeah, I guess I’m a lesbian.”

“Congratulations, welcome to the club.” Cam joked and hugged me.

“Thanks” I laughed awkwardly.

We parted ways and I went in my classroom.

A/N: Thanks everyone for the support on my story, your comments really make my day and give me motivation to keep writing.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

169K 4.7K 45
Camilla Thompson, a nineteen-year-old student, is ready to start her last year in school, hoping to have as much fun as she can with her friends. Da...
131K 2.3K 17
Veronica is a senior in high school, a new English teacher arrives and they slowly become connected with each other. Except one is verging on the lin...
148K 3.7K 16
Emily had to take a year off from school because of her mental health, and now she's 18 and ready to start fresh. She's always been a straight-A stud...
60.3K 2.1K 41
When I looked into her eyes, I could see the whole world, I could see everything I've ever looked for and needed. She was my entire world, my everyth...