Reder Than Maple

By Dreamielf

The story was Set at Book 2 of TCF, I will change the beggining of the Law of The Hunt and will add My other... More

Greetings
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6.2
Chapter 7
Back At Roan 1
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Hiatus

Chapter 6

285 17 1
By Dreamielf

- Because I too was being confuse, thoughts are italicized- 🦋

There's a saying in the mortal realm, that any family conflict can be solve at the dinning table.., and so the people, well not really the one ghost, one God, a single lifer and transmigrator was eating their dinner peacefully, like what the scene earlier was only an illusion.

However The prior scene was definitely not an illusion, so what really happened? Lets travel back in time for a moment to let these various people fill their stomachs..

Cale's thought at the table:  Are ghost, even needs to eat?

It was a warm sunny day, the crystal clear sea reflecting how beautiful the sky was. Amidst the almost holy looking place , there stood up a man in black. He looks like a drop of ink on a clean canvass.

The man seems to be searching for something or someone as he keeps looking around.

Callen

..Callen

       His call was just swept by the wind as no matter how many times the man shouts the name, there was no reply.

Choi Han, the youth clad in black finally realize that Cale was not transported in his side.

This God of Death, he separate Cale-nim from me..
     With this Choi Han added another grudge to add under the God of Death's name.

He walk on a completely relax pace away from the shore while  surveying his surrounding. The fact that he was now in a different world means that he must be more wary.

Judging from the still warm and bright surrounding, It was noon there still a couple of hours before the sun will set.

I need to find, Cale-nim before it became dark...
     Choi Han thought.

It didn't take long for Choi Han to come face to face with a street filled with people???, The surrounding was quiet festive as there's unlit hanging lanterns above.

Find the red district...

The voice of the God of Death echo at Choi Han's mind as he land his gaze above (towards the red lanterns).

And meet the man wearing clothes reder than maple....

As what Cale knew about Choi Han and what we know about this guy. The God of Death's reminder automatically made Choi Han a hundred percent sure that the place in front of him was where that guy was telling him to go.

(God of Death: don't know whether to laugh or cry* Choi Han's innocence really doesn't disappoint...

Author: Right...He took it literally and I  Iove  him for that hhahahaha.

God of Death:  Who is it!!!!!!

Author: Ooopss...)

Thinking about what the God of Death told him , He taught that Cale was probably teleported in this red  district.

Walking much deeper on the area, Choi Han felt that his surrounding was getting much silent, the people? ?? seems to avoid him, this made him rise his vigilance.

You...
A baritone voice just right at his back made Choi Han, immediately clutch his sword.

Facing the source of the sound, he found a clad in red

clothes reder than maple.

This is bad ...
Choi Han taught, as he didn't feel it's presence until he spoke.

But if he is the only way towards Cale-nim.....

Choi Han stop in his taught, noticing his surrounding, the once filled with people was now completely deserted...

Finding someone...?
The man in front of him ask with a smile.

Looking at the man's face filled with amazement, He knows that this guy already knew the extent of his strength.

Without giving him a chance to speak  the man in red suddenly appear just an inches away from him.

He took a step back and got nearly cut by the ferocious scimitar.

This guy....
   Choi Han, only felt bewildered for a second as he Didn't expect the man to immediately brandished his sword at him.

I'm not here to fight...
   If Choi Han was still the same guy, before he met Cale whom always fight before talks on every existences he found dangerous. He will uncremoniously also fight back with same malicious intent. However the additional truth that at present himself and Cale was truly an intruder to this world made him want and chose to settle any misunderstandings as peaceful as possible.

How unlucky, I'm quite in a bad mood this past few days...

With that being said the man decisively maneuver his blade swiftly, each swings was filled with incomprehensible strength that made Choi Han helplessly be swept away by force, making him move back every time he face the blade with his sword head on.

Clang*.....

Sounds of blade trying to crash each other reverberated throughout, sparks was noticeable each time the blade meets.

Some young middle official who tries to sate their curiosity on the so called ghost city, was met by such a battle where  one of the protagonist was the ghost king himself. They now personally witness the infamous curse blade in action that made them shudder in fear.

He's not even using his full force...
     One of them said in a whisper.

This made those who only hears about the scimitar and its owner, feel a great sense of regret in their choice of time and day to wander in the ghost realm.

Back in the Fight....

Not Bad...
    He expected the boy to defend himself well, and to his satisfaction it's much better than he anticipated...

I can use him

He was sure that he was not the only one who notice the stench of death becoming stronger each day.

I cannot let other trash bring worry to Dianxia..

I'm searching for him
   Choi Han again tries to reason while still evading each attacks that he can without having to clash his sword with the other.

Oh...How amusing

Hua Cheng halt his attacks and with his usual fake smile, he continued

I trust that you are no ordinary mortal, how come you still lost him.

Disappointment was evident on his words.

Upon hearing it, Choi Han finally made an eye contact with the man without immediately averting his gaze.

That's why I need your help..
  Stating what's in his mind, straight to the point. Choi Han, even without fully confirming if this place and the man that wields his scimitar like he was just playing a sword game still choose to believe what his  experiences as a fighter was telling him.

He was capable,,

Hua Cheng, the man that Choi Han himself who have a huge trust issues found trustworthy was thinking something different.

He's easy to read

With years of staying at Cale's side it was  still a mystery for many how Choi Han retain his character of being an open book making it difficult to have him be part of any operations related to disguise, however this very disavantagous skill have its own unique uses.

He's not lying

For people who are the best in reading people, the likes of Choi Han can be of great advantage.

What will I get from the likes of you?

He didn't think twice, to say what was bothering him since he entered this world..

The smell of bloodlust, both of us are aiming to eradicate it.

We
Hua Cheng raised an eyebrow to the bold confession,

This boy was so sure that I will help them, Perhaps...

With an unvoiced thought, Hua Cheng finally smiled genuinely, however that crescent shape made Choi Han feel iffy.

Then Let me see your worth...
   Brandishing E'ming once more, Hua Cheng plan to play with this bold child seriously than earlier.

End of Chapter 6 part 1.

A/N: Let's light a candle for our beloved swordmaster...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 544 7
what if the original cale henituse died suddenly? Wandering every places to fulfill his old dream to be a traveller with the cats he take in And what...
Dahlia By yuna

Fanfiction

19.3K 170 1
"TRAITOR! TRAITOR!" "BURN THE TRAITOR!" "KILL THE TRASH!" "BURN HIM!" The readhead look down at the stage. He can see everyone looking at him with ha...
22.6K 1.9K 40
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
22.8K 668 22
(y/n) Is the second youngest in the group Vander Found Her The day after the attack she was hiding In an alleyway he found her and took her in B...