Silver Bullets And Pretty Fan...

By qquinkoffee

In a world where vampires and vampire hunters exist, Eden and Vivian find themselves drawn to each other desp... More

00
02. Elevators And Germs
03. Plesant Destruction
04. It Can Be A Scam
05. Vivibelle
06. Black port Isn't Safe
07. A Fine Escape
08. Love Bites
09. Vampires Huh?
10. See You Around Ms.Eden
11. Eden And Her Stupid Shirt
12. Fuck It I Need Days
13. Female Goldberg
14. Eden is tormenting me...

01. Who is she?

20 6 0
By qquinkoffee

EDEN.

With lines on her forehead, the young lady seated in front of me remarks, "It is sad what happened to him."

I watch as she brushes her brown hair away from her face. She tries so hard to tame the bouncy mess of curls on her head. 

“I don't get it you know, like that's so not Blackporty,” Eliza, the other brunette seated next to Silva comments. 

My gaze returns to Silva's face. She pulls her eyebrows closer together, pulling her glossy, full lips into a pout. I can not imagine how she is feeling right now.

Silva mutters, her lips quivering, "He was so young, he had a whole fucking life in front of him." Her voice has an edgy pitch, and it sounds like she is about to cry. Nobody would blame her for crying now.

Silva and the deceased student used to date in first year. I am not sure why they broke up. We were not friends at the time, so I could not ask. We are still not friends, but she smiles when she notices me staring at her. 

"Oh, honey. I am so sorry." Eliza reaches out and rubs Silva on the back. Silva responds with a series of low whimpers.

I turn away; this moment feels sacred.

"I need a minute," Silva says, exiting.

Eliza sighs and grabs her phone. From here, I see the Instagram app open. My guess is she wants to upload something about the tragic event. The entire school is freaked out. 

Eliza's pursuit of clout would go unnoticed. Even when she posts something like #RipDerek, #Besafeeveryone, or #Monsteranimalsearch.

It is her chance to gain new followers at the expense of another's tragic news.

I groan and turn my gaze to my phone. I visit the BlackPort University Newsletter page on Facebook. Derek Patel: The Tragic Story appears at the top in black bold font. 

I gulp as I stare at Derek Patel's front image. He has a round nose, thick eyebrows, dirty blonde hair, brown hooded eyes, and a well-defined jaw.

I scroll down. I am not sure if I want to know the specifics. But everyone has been discussing it. Someone said it was even on the news.

Early today, authorities discovered the body of a BlackPort State University student. On Windhoek Street, to be exact. Sources found his body a few yards from the main road. He had claws on his arms and chest and a large animal bite on the side of his neck. Regarding the young man's possible fate, the police have not made an official statement. However, they think there may be a dangerous wild animal out there. More updates as soon as we have them. 

#MHRSIP.

Reported by; Leigh Smithson.

"Hey!"

I nearly topple over my chair, but then I notice Benjamin grinning at me. "Hi."

“Whatcha reading?” Plunging down next to me, he asks. 

I shove my phone into his face. “This, and it's weird, I was around that area last night.” 

Benji takes his time, squinting at the phone for a minute. 

"Oh God, Derek?" He says in a hushed tone. 

I nod. “It's all over the news.”

He places a tattooed hand against his chest. "That is sad." 

His honey-brown eyes flick to the desk in front of us. Then he looks back at me, and I know exactly what he is asking.

"Of course she does." You're like the only person who didn't know this,” I mumble, shaking my head.

Raking a hand through his tamed shoulder-length black hair, Benji remarks, "I can not believe this."

There is silence throughout the room as Mr. Hugo enters. Silva sits down, and the tall man speaks only after we have all settled in. 

"The sad news about Mr. Darek Patel has reached all of us; may his soul rest in peace. Here with me, I have a list of activities tha–”

Everyone's attention is drawn in by the soft knock on the door. I nearly choked on my breath, mine was the most snatched. 

Standing at the door are my parents.

Mom is as tall and graceful as ever, even at fifty. Her auburn hair falls to either side of her face, reaching her shoulders. Her lips full and tattooed in a shade of nude, her high cheekbones flushed a pale pink. Her slim body is draped in a black jumpsuit, which accentuates her hips.

I swallow, the freckles and my cheeks are on fire.

Though I gawk like everyone else, I would kill to be six feet under right now.

Dad chooses a black muscle shirt and basic faded jeans. He has a nightclub bouncer's appearance.

Watching this hurts.

Someone lets out a "Whoa."

Mr. Hugo demands attention by clearing his throat. "How may I assist you?"

I keep my eyes on Mom.

Why are they here? Did something happen?

Mom scans the room; starting at the bulletin board with announcements and ads near the exit, then at the board and the professor's desk. Finally, she looks at our seats.

My breath hitches as she gets closer.
As if intending to make it torturous and drawn out, she takes her time to find me. I feel a knot in my stomach, but eventually, her gaze reaches me. 

Her face breaks into a wide smile as our gazes lock. My cheeks flush.

"Yes. Yes, you can," she responds, not a flaw in her voice. 

I wince.

"I would like to talk to one of your students," she says, maintaining eye contact as though I could disappear if she averted her gaze. "Brock, Eden Rain."

"Is that you?" Benjamin whispers as he kicks my foot.

I nod, eyes trained on Mom, "Apparently."

"Might I ask why?" Mr. Hugo asks.
The room goes quiet for a moment, everyone's ready to hear the response.

"She is my daughter." My blood curdles.

The space is quiet. 

It is so quiet that I can just make out the faint sounds coming from the adjacent room. Next, the murmurs begin.

"Her Mom's so hot."

"Why doesn't she look that hot?"

"What does she do?"

"Is she a model?"

"I would think she was adopted if she didn't have that hair."

Ugh!

"Silence!" Mr. Hugo snaps. "Go ahead, Ms. Brock."

I waver. I want to say, "Oh, it can wait until after class," but Mom's intense stare begs to differ.

"Dude," Benji mumbles. 

I straighten out of my chair and walk over to my parents, conscious of the looks and mutterings behind me.

Dad is the first to smile and embrace me, the hug is warm but all I can hear is my heart pounding in my ears.

I pull back to give Mom one too. It feels cozy, but none of this feels real. 

"Why are you here?" I whisper.

She pulls away, eyes crinkling at the corners as she grins again. "Thank you so much."

"My pleasure."

Mom squeezes my shoulders and displays me to the others like a trophy. Even though my chest swells, I smile.

"I won't steal her for long," Mom assures the room.

Mr. Hugo nods and that's a pass. It feels like they're kidnapping me in a calm and classy way and no one is noticing how shady this is.

Suddenly, we were in an empty hallway. Screaming is OK.

"Why are you here?" I pause and face them. 

Mom's eyes widen, the smile that had been on her lips earlier vanishes as her eyebrows dip.

"After five years, this is how you react when your parents visit you?" She scrunches her nose, feigning disappointment. 

I scoff. She has no idea how galled I am to see her.

We all know this is not just a visit. There has to be something. Because, if —let's pretend for a second that this is normal —why did they not wait until my classes ended? Why did they have to show up at my school?

Every part of this is shady. 

"Let's cut to the chase-"

"Cut to the chase? Since when do you talk like that?" Mom mutters. 

I roll my eyes.

"Spare me the dramatics, Mom. If you haven't noticed, I was in the middle of class." I catch the sharpness in my voice and immediately rein it back.

"Fine, ther-" Mom stops talking mid-sentence, her eyes staring over my shoulder. 

I crane my neck to see what caught her attention, and oh my God!

The stranger is walking towards us. They are a black-eyed beauty with thick eyebrows and sharp cheekbones. 

I feel dizzy.

Who is she?

A gush of strong strawberry washes over my nose as she passes by making my skin prickle. She is polite enough to offer us a one-sided smile. Dimples and shit.

Then, my eyes meet hers and my blood clots for half a second. My clothes feel so fucking tight.

I'm stuck in a trance, watching as she tears her eyes away and disappears somewhere in my class. I don't know. I don't remember and I can't because my eyes were stuck on her butt.

"We can't talk here," Mom mumbles, snatching my attention back. 

I want to agree with her but the thought of having anxiety chew on me all day is not appealing. 

"Tell me."

"They're here, Rain," Mom snarls, eyes turning a shade darker.

"What?" I glare at her, confused.

She repeats, "They. Are. Here."

That's it, my world goes to shit and ashes.

_____________

A/N

Hello Guys. The first chapter is in, anyone liking Eden yet? What of Benji?
Let me know what you think! See ya in the next chapterrrrrr!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 433 55
Being gay is hard. Like really hard. Especially for a socially awkward introvert like Queen, who grew up single for fear of being out there. When Que...
937 59 23
Lilith had no recollection of her life. She lost everything aside from her name. Saved from certain death, she found herself a home in the residence...
182K 12.5K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...
408K 6.4K 12
[On Amazon] Do you remember your safe word?" she asks. "Yes," I mutter. "Say it." "Cross." She takes a deep breath and exhales. "Your only...