The Founders Four

By Hadrius_Peverell

On a dark and stormy night, the staff and students of Hogwarts were taken by surprise when four mysterious fi... More

Chapter 01: Deep Magic
Chapter 02: Reactions
Chapter 03: Explanations
Chapter 04: Explanations II
Chapter 05: The New World
Chapter 06: Decisions
Chapter 07: Reflections
Chapter 08: A peek into the past
Chapter 09: Salazar's Tale
Chapter 10: Introductions
Chapter 11: Reactions and Q&A Session
Chapter 12: Chamber of Secret
Chapter 13: The Attack
Chapter 14: Healing and OMG
Chapter 15: Don't do that to us
Chapter 16: The Request and the Test
Chapter 17: A little history lesson
Chapter 18: From Good to Worst I
Chapter 19: Unanticipated Revelations.
Chapter 20: It's Harry
Chapter 21: The anticipation
Chapter 22: Heir or not
Chapter 23: A trip to the Forest

Chapter 24: The War

1.4K 64 18
By Hadrius_Peverell

As Albus came out of his Pensieve, he briefly remembered how everyone had gone to the potions lab down in the Slytherin chambers. Salazar had informed them that the wards did not need too much attention and hence he had been able to retrieve the Horcrux.

They all watched as the Horcrux was dropped into the potion and heard a terrible scream as the part of the soul inside moved on along with other parts.

Now was the time to wait for the war to begin.

Albus had tried to contact the Ministry of Magic to inform them of the upcoming war, but had not been able to get through. A few moments later he had received a Patronus message from Amelia, informing them that everyone in the Ministry had been trapped inside the building by some sort of curse. Experts were trying to find a way around it but so far all they could find was that there was no way to communicate with the outside world (except Patronus messages) and the curse had a time limit on. Hence they can only leave the building once the time limit was up, or if the person who cursed the building decided to take it off.

This made the war seem more real to everyone, and hence despite of the Founder's reassurance that no assistance was required; Albus had called all remaining members of the Order of the Phoenix and the residents of Hogsmead village to have some back up.

However, not all members of the Order were lucky enough to come in, as Voldemort had cast a similar curse on Hogwarts to ensure that no one inside the school could escape.

After ensuring that all the students were safely inside the common rooms, the teachers and the members of the order of the phoenix had assembled in the great hall.

"Thank you Headmaster. Thank you for your thought to help us in this battle to defend Hogwarts; and also for asking your friends to come and join us for this. A very warm welcome to Hogwarts. I am glad that there are members of this community who are willing to help guard this castle if necessary. However, today, it will not be needed. But you are welcome to watch." Salazar addressed the assembled crowd.

However before anyone could say anything, Sirius Black shocked everyone.

"I don't understand, do you mean to say that you don't want us to help in this war? But we can't let you go in this war alone!"

Almost everyone who didn't know the truth of the dimension travellers was shocked to see Sirius so concerned about Salazar Slytherin. On the other hand there was a soft smile on the people who knew the truth.

Even Salazar gave a small smile to Sirius before replying

"Thank you Professor Black, for your support. But, as we mentioned earlier, as long as the four of us are within Hogwarts; no harm can befall the school."

"Professor Black do not worry at all, this war is nothing for us. As long as we have Sal on our side, nothing can ever happen to Hogwarts. Sal is the Lord of this Land; and as the lord of land, he can do things we cannot even imagine." Godric assured everyone.

Most of the order members who had not met the founders before were shocked to see the relationship and trust between the two supposed rivals.

"I agree with Ric. Sal, I think we should check the surrounding area." Smiled Rowena

Salazar nodded in agreement before tapping a portrait. Instantly the portrait showed an area that was outside the boundaries of Hogsmeade. There was no activity there but they could see some movement in the distance.

"So they are trying to get inside our wards Sal." Helga assessed.

"It certainly seems so. I think it's time to activate the next set of wards Sal." Godric supplied

"Agreed"

Salazar tucked his wand in and took out a small dagger. After that he made a small cut on his palm and pressed it to the wall near the portrait.

"War is near, Hogwarts is under attack. A full lockdown please"

After that he opened his eyes and pressed the flat part of his blade to the cut. This healed the cut instantly.

As soon as he did that, around the entire castle a shudder was felt and heavy metal bars covered the windows and doors around the castle. The outer boundaries were suddenly covered with wires. The death eaters who were trying to get inside were thrown back as if electrocuted. The nearest ones died instantly and the rest were knocked unconscious.

In the Great Hall, the occupants saw all this in various portraits. Everyone was happy with the results.

"Sal, did you just add some new wards?" Helga asked

"Yes dear, I thought that the new times deserve some new wards. The wires are now powered with something that makes the person feel like they are experiencing 700 watt shocks." Salazar smirked

"Well done Sal." Rowena exclaimed with a dangerous gleam in her eyes.

"Yea mate, knew I liked you for a reason." Godric patted Salazar's back.

"We should head to the Gryffindor tower. Shesha and Serpa are already waiting for our orders to attack. They told me they were able to get the support from some of the creatures of the forest. If anyone was stupid enough to try entering from the forest they will be killed within seconds." Salazar explained and started to walk out of the Great Hall.

"Excellent, lets show them what happens if you attack Hogwarts when all of us are here." Said Godric as he followed Salazar with a spring in his steps.

Everyone else followed them, whilst Rowena and Helga followed them with others at a slower pace. On the way to the tower, they explained others that Serpa was Salazar's familiar snake. Hence the two shared a telepathic link.

After reaching the top of Gryffindor tower, the crowd saw that just beyond Hogsmeade, there was a massive army. Rowena and Helga explained to others that the army is standing just outside the traditional boundary of Hogwarts. Hence all that area is under Salazar's control. They also told them that as soon as the lockdown was ordered the students had fallen asleep in their dormitories. It was one of the security features they built (Helga's idea).

"Lord Slytherin! You have been gravely mistaken of my intentions. I wish to fulfil your dream. You might not realise this now, but soon you will realise that Mudbloods are not pure enough to be educated in such a prestigious school. They need to be killed to protect our traditions and legacy. I am your heir and will fulfil this goal of your life. You must support me to fulfil this."

"You call yourself my Heir and claim to have the knowledge of traditions and legacy. Then you must know that to be an heir to someone, that person must declare you his or her heir. I have not declared you my heir, and now I have cast you out of the Slytherin family. Thus you can no longer call yourself my descendent as well. Furthermore, I am a founder of this prestigious school. According to me, any person born with the gift of magic must be taught and given equal place in our world. I decided to lay the foundation of this school as I wanted to protect the children born to muggles – or Muggleborns. The main purpose to build this school was to protect the muggle born children and teach them our way of life. So do not tell me those children have no right to live. According to me, only the people who threaten my Hogwarts and its students will have no right to live. Leave now, and you will be spared. But be warned, if you take one step further, I will make sure you will not live to see another day."

The newcomers, who were wary of Slytherin and his ways, were pleasantly surprised to hear this from the notorious founder.

But Voldemort was not threatened by this and ordered his followers to attack the shields as one.

As this attack started Salazar turned to his friends

"Row, Hel, Ric; can you stop them from reaching the gates? Till then I will start the ritual to protect the grounds."

"Bring it on" replied Godric whilst excitedly rubbing his hands and looking at Voldemort's army with a crazy gleam in his eyes

"With pleasure Sal" Rowena took her position near the edge of the tower

"Of course dear, we will buy you as much time as we can." Helga reassured Sal with a quick squeeze of his hands; and left to take her position next to Rowena.

Everyone looked at the three founders, as Salazar started chanting in Parseltongue.

"You go first Helga. You are the youngest. Show them what the founder of Hufflepuff house can do" Godric said whilst Rowena nodded in her acceptance.

"With pleasure."

Saying so she created a big bowl and filled it with water. After that she put her wand inside her robes.

After that she looked at the water without blinking.

Suddenly the water started moving and rushed towards Voldemort's army. On its way, the water suddenly turned into sharp objects. These sharp objects rained down the ranks of death eaters, killing them instantly.

Everyone who was watching saw that Helga controlled these weapons by her hand.

However, soon the death eaters created shields to protect themselves from the onslaught. But they were unable to save themselves from the tornado attacking them from behind. – Courtesy of Rowena.

Between the two of them, the female founders were able to decimate at least half of Voldemort's army before they were able to protect themselves safely.

However once the remaining army got over these difficulties they again started marching towards Hogwarts. This time they were stopped by a boundary formed of fire. However this was not normal fire. It was magical fire which took shapes of various creatures and showered fire on the people around.

As the onlookers on Hogwarts tower looked around, they found that it was Godric who was controlling this fire.

They were shocked by this display of elemental magic from the founders. The history records had never said this about them. However, even the newcomers quickly understood that history was not completely true.

However, the army of death eaters were not known as dark wizards for nothing. They managed to contain the fire; but not without severe damage to their ranks; but not before another quater of their ranks was killed.

By now only a quater of Voldemort's orignal army was alive. But the number was still a little more than the total Hogwarts' population.

"Sal, we have run out of our sources. It's on you now." Godric warned

After Godric's declaration, everyone looked towards Salazar.

As Dumbledore looked at Salazar, he realised why Salazar Slytherin was considered one of the most feared Dark Wizard of all times. Gone were all traces of kindness from his face. Instead it was replaced with a cold look that made him look terrifying.

However, he just looked at the approaching army without doing anything.

"Sal, do something!" Rowena exclaimed

Salazar did not respond but just closed his eyes and started chanting again and took out a small ritual dagger. He spread his arms wide and with one swing of the dagger, he drew blood from his right palm.

As he opened his eyes to look at his palm, there was no sign of any pain or discomfort. Everyone looked at his bleeding palm, with horror. They all watched as blood dropped down from the tower and fell on the grounds of Hogwarts.

As the first drop of blood touched the ground, Salazar screamed in Parseltongue again. Just as he did that the ground started to shake. Even the death eaters stop on their way to watch what is happening.

Suddenly more than a million hands shot out from the grounds of Hogwarts all around it. After a few moments the ground is surrounded by people. Each of them had different weapons and each wore a cloth around their middle with dirt all over their body.

The headmaster and teachers are stunned at this display of power. Sal shouts once again "Hogwarts is threatened, do your duty, and destroy those who wishes ill of this land."

With this all these beings ran to the boundaries and started killing the death eaters the muggle way. None of the spells used on them were making any impact. In fact a fire curse only resulted in them being multiplied.

Thus the death eaters were left with no way but to fight the muggle way. However, even this was of no use; as even if one drop of blood from these beings dropped on ground, 10 new protectors would emerge from it.

"Sal, what are these beings? I would have guessed that they are Inferi but, I can see that they are not. They are not even affected by fire. So what are they?" Godric asked

"They are not Inferi. But are beings of earth. They are guardians of this land. They are made of earth and hence cannot be burned or blasted. They are not affected by any element as they are an element themselves. Nor can any magic harm them. Even the muggle weapons are of no use; as you can see." Salazar explained.

"Interesting, so is there no way to destroy them?" Rowena looked at these beings with curiosity.

"There is only one way to destroy them" Salazar smirked

"What is that dear?" Helga asked before Godric or Rowena (who looked annoyed)

"The life force of these beings needs to be destroyed. This life force is like a channel if you like. He or she uses their life force and magic to fuel these beings. If this person or source is killed/destroyed, then all of these beings will disappear. But if not, then anything you do to them will only make them more powerful as these beings suck the power behind the spell." Salazar explained.

"So that means that if a person tries to fight with them for a long time, then eventually the person's magical core will be depleted?" Rowena asked

"Yes, and if the person is stubborn enough to still continue, than it is possible that, that person's magic is literally sucked out of them, leaving them to live their rest of the life like a Muggle."

"Sal? What happens to the life force if these beings are used for long?" Helga hesitated

"Nothing. The only person who is safe from them for the longest time is the person providing the life force. That person gives his or her blood, but after that these beings get their energies from their enemies. The more enemies they fight, the less strain is faced by the person providing the life force."

"So you mean to say that it is possible that if these beings are fought with muggle weaponry then the person channelling their life force is in danger?!" Rowena snapped

Salazar looked at her calmly and responded positively.

"SAL! How could you think of putting your life in such danger. These death eaters are using muggle weapons, which means that your life is in danger."

Godric roared

"Sal? Dear? Why?" Helga sobbed

Salazar looked at Helga and his eyes softened.

"For Hogwarts. I had to do what I can."

Helga ran in Salazar's arms and sobbed.

But everyone came out of their thoughts by Rowena's scream

"Ric! No come back!"

Everyone turned to see that Godric Gryffindor was flying on a dark cloud. He was heading straight towards the war field.

"Idiot, stupid rash Gryffindor!"

Salazar growled before flying behind Godric and disappearing half way through.

"Don't worry Row, Ric will be safe. Sal has gone behind that idiot. He won't let any harm fall on Godric." Helga consoled Rowena, whose eyes were wide as if she was reliving a nightmare.

"I know he will bring Ric back. After he comes back, please prepare a bed for Ric in your hospital wing. I have some spells I need to test, and this time I think Ric will be a perfect candidate to test them on" Rowena replied

"Oh I am sure he will enjoy them; he will also enjoy my healing." Helga Smirked

Both looked at each other and laughed.

"How can Sal even think of this crazy idea is beyond me. But not till I am alive. I couldn't save him last time but now I will kill as many of these death eaters as I can. Hel will not suffer like last time."

With that thought, Godric slipped from the top of this tower and rushed to the battle field with sword in one hand and wand in another.

He managed to kill at least twenty death eaters or more before heard some noise behind him. So he quickly killed the death eater he was duelling and turned back. He saw that at least twenty more death eaters were behind him and were aiming to kill him, but somehow they were now dead. Before he had time to think Salazar materialised near him and promptly killed a death eater.

"Do not act like an idiot, and concentrate on fighting now that you are here, you moron."

Soon, both male founders found themselves facing Bellatrix – the best fighter from Voldemort's army and the last remaining member of the inner circle. However, she was not alone. She was accompanied by Voldemort himself.

So Godric distracted Bellatrix whilst Sal engaged Voldemort.

"Greetings grandfather, I have been very eager to meet you in person. However I had not imagined this meeting to take place at a battlefield." Voldemort

"The time to talk is long gone. You have proved your point, and I have proved mine." Salazar replied before starting with offensive spells

The residents of the tower looked at the remaining two ongoing duels with apprehension. Very soon, the duel between Bellatrix and Godric was finished and the beings from Salazar had defeated all other death eaters. The creatures in the forbidden forest had also managed to defeat the small army that tried to enter via forest.

Hence from the massive army, now the only living person was Voldemort.

After intense duel Salazar was finally able to get a fatal spell on Voldemort's chest.

Everyone at the tower cheered as Voldemort lay dead on the battlefield and the beings disappeared back into the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 1.2K 18
Harry Potter goes through a nightmare at the hands of the Dursley's. He hopes to find a family in Hogwarts. Maybe he will by his friends and a Profes...
8.7K 197 31
Harry Potter has defeated the Dark Lord, Voldemort and is ready to move on from the war. However, Harry is given the responsibility of raising his go...
7 0 4
When four new Hogwarts students are found to have an ancient power that only a very small amount of wizards possess, they're immediately thrown into...
6.7K 144 31
Book 1 of 'The Four' series! Let's take it back. A thousand years back. Before Hogwarts was founded. Four strangers adventure to create the best...