A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)

By kinato_

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathom... More

Chapter 1 - The Opening
Chapter 2 - First Introductions
Chapter 3 - The Student Council President
Chapter 4 - An Unusual Outing
Chapter 5 - Class Leaders
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Study Group
Chapter 8 - A New Goal
Chapter 9 - Midterms
Chapter 10 - Bad News
Chapter 11 - The Trial
Chapter 12 - Silver Lining
SS.1 - Growth (Horikita)
Chapter 13 - A Break
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Exam (1)
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Exam (2)
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Exam (4)
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Exam (5)
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Exam (6)
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)
Chapter 21 - A Day Off
Chapter 22 - Zodiac Exam (1)
Chapter 23 - Zodiac Exam (2)
Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)
Chapter 25 - Zodiac Exam (Finale)
Chapter 26 - Sazae-san Syndrome
Chapter 27 - The Beginning
Chapter 28 - A Leader
Chapter 29 - Ability
SS.2 - Behind a Mask (Kushida)
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - The Renegade
Chapter 32 - The Show Begins
Chapter 33 - Challenges
Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks
Chapter 35 - Breakpoint
Chapter 36 - Farce
Chapter 36.5 - Small Talk
Chapter 37 - Collapse
Chapter 39 - Elites
Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)
Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)
Chapter 42 - Paper Shuffle
Chapter 43 - The Changing Class D
Chapter 44 - Proposition
Chapter 45 - A Warning
Chapter 46 - Indignity
Chapter 47 - Vengeance
Chapter 48 - The Cunning
SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)
Chapter 49 - Pursuer
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence
Chapter 51 - A Club Members Duties
Chapter 52 - A Senior's Wish
Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage
Chapter 54 - The Final Act Begins
Chapter 55 - The Pain of Hope
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 58 - Dread
Chapter 59 - Bloom
Chapter 60 - Preparation
News
Chapter 61 - Initiation
Chapter 62 - A Good Gift
Chapter 63 - A Christmas Date? Pt.1
Chapter 64 - A Christmas Date? Pt.2

Chapter 38 - Negotiations

1.1K 60 9
By kinato_

(Horikita Suzune, POV)

I made my way to the nurse's office: alone.

Feeling battered and bruised, not just from my injuries but also from Fukumoto-kun's little speech to me.

He has constantly preached to me to 'find allies' or to 'learn to change'.

Ever since I met him earlier this year, he's preached those words to me.

At first, I gave those words of his little to no thought. After all, how could someone who you only met recently decide what you need, let alone give you advice on how you should change your life.

Those words of his only agitated me. But he continued to admonish me; no matter how many times it would take for me to change, Fukumoto-kun would continue to preach that advice to me.

It wasn't till recently that I gave some extra thought to his words. I had begun to realize that even though we were strangers not too long ago, we had grown closer.

I don't know if I fully believed myself when I told him that I acknowledged him as my friend. Maybe I said those words to Fukumoto-kun to get him off my case.

But after reflecting on that moment.

I can say with confidence, that Fukumoto-kun is my first friend.

That's why that little lecture he gave me earlier stun so much.

Fukumoto-kun was absolutely right, and there was nothing I could say back.

This was an entirely new phenomenon for me, so I didn't know how to react in the moment.

But, if I wanted to change, if I wanted to improve Class D, if I wanted to chase after Sudo-kun. I'd have to take care of myself first. Emergency medical treatment was possibly on the field, but during the brief break before lunch, I'd had an emergency staff member tape my leg, but that didn't improve my condition.

When I reached the nurse's office, I saw a few individuals already there. Of the available beds, one was curtained off, and I couldn't tell who was inside.

"How is it, Sensei?" I asked.

The nurse who was treating my ankle looked up. "Participating in any more events will be quite difficult, considering the severity of your injury."

I was diagnosed with a sprain. And my condition hadn't got any better or worse. I was in no position to run, let alone do anything. If I took part in any event, I'd never win, no matter how hard I tried.

"Do you plan to take part in the recommended-participant events?"

"I would've. But considering my condition and the class's current predicament... I'd only be a hindrance during those events."

"That's a wise decision."

"Thank you very much."

I wasn't worried so much about the Private Points I would lose for finding a substitute. I was more concerned about who would be my substitute.

With that, I left the nurse's office. As I made my way in the direction of the dorms, I noticed my reflection in the window. A limping and pathetic person trying to fight with no support.

"Horikita-san!"

I turned back to face the voice calling out to me. Surprisingly, it was Kushida-san who called out for me.

"I'm glad I found you. There's something important I need to speak to you about," she said.

"Can this matter wait? I have some of my own business to attend to."

"Um..." Kushida carefully examined our surroundings. "This isn't the best place to discuss the matter; would you mind following me?"

"I don't care. Tell me what it is," I replied more forcefully.

Kushida took a step forward and whispered into my ear. "It sounds like Kinoshita-san was badly injured during your collision. So bad she can't even move now... Kinoshita-san wanted to speak with you."

I couldn't hold back my surprise. There's no way a little trip up like that would've harmed someone to that extent.

"Take me to her," I said.

~~~

After walking back to the nurse's office with Kushida-san, I was greeted by Chabashira-sensei.

"I had Kushida fetch you. I'm glad she was quick about it."

Kushida-san took a step back as Chabashira-sensei spoke, looking quite uneasy.

"What is going on?"

A quiet noise interrupted our conversation. Behind the closed-off curtain, there came a sound of sobbing.

Chabashira-sensei without saying another word, pulled back the curtain, revealing the one sobbing to be Kinoshita-san.

"You!" Kinoshita-san pointed at me. "You injured me. You did this to me on purpose. That's why you collided with me."

"Kinoshita claims that you deliberately collided with her during one of the events. Is that true?" Chabashira-sensei asked.

"I indeed bumped into her, but it wasn't intentional."

"Liar!" Kinoshita-san shouted back.

"Kinoshita also claims that during the race you repeatedly looked back at her. And after reviewing the video footage, it's clear you do look back at her twice."

"That's because she was calling my name," I replied.

"She called your name? I see, even if that is true, Kinoshita-san claims you deliberately kicked her during your collision. And since that collision, Kinoshita has had to be excused from competing. The doctor said her injuries are very severe. They believe they could've been caused intentionally."

"Even if she is greatly injured. I didn't do anything, she's lying."

Our collision definitely caused injury, as seen through me. But on the scale that Kinoshita-san describes it seems unbelievable. The only way her injuries could've been so severe was that someone intentionally hurt her. And since I haven't made contact with her since that race, it couldn't have been me intentionally trying to spite a rival.

The only possible conclusion that came to mind was that this interaction and Kinoshita's injury are a part of Ryuuen's plan. His plan to crush Class D and myself.

"I believe you're innocent," Chabashira-sensei said. "But if we have no proof, we must consider the matter. The teachers already know about this, and if it continues to drag on, the Student Council will hear of it. Just like Sudo's case earlier this year."

My heart dropped at the thought of my brother hearing about this matter. How his idiotic and pathetic little sister caused such a commotion. But I could only continue to plead innocent.

"I didn't intentionally cause her to fall or get injured. It was an accident. Besides, I was planning to withdraw from the recommended-participant events, anyway. So if that suffices Kinoshita-san, I'll be going."

"Kinoshita won't accept that," Chabashira-sensei replied. "She plans to report the incident to the school. And considering her testimony and the video footage, it's pretty damning. Class C has suffered a huge loss in her absence, I doubt they would intentionally sabotage themselves."

"Would you mind if I speak with Kinoshita-san, alone?" I asked.

"It wouldn't be the best idea-."

"Kukuku, I'd listen to your sensei."

"Ryuuen-kun..."

Why? How? Why was he here, of all people? I tried to shake off my confusion, to appear calm and collected. There was no way he was concerned enough to stop by and check on his classmate, that wasn't in his nature. It didn't seem like a coincidence. So why? How?

Could it have been?

The only other person who would know that we were meeting right now.

Could it have been...

Kushida-san?

Could she have contacted Ryuuen-kun to make his appearance?

But why? Why work with the enemy?

"My, my, now does this look bad," Ryuuen-kun said as he pulled back the blanket covering Kinoshita-san's tightly wrapped injured leg. 'You did this on purpose, didn't you?" Ryuuen-kun asked me.

"Don't joke around. You'd really believe I'd do something like this?"

"Can you ever truly know someone? People change all the time. There are layers upon layers of acts and different personas hiding someone's true nature, aren't there? Kinoshita-san, who happens to be one of Class C's best athletes, suddenly suffers a serious injury that forces her to withdraw from the recommended-only events. Meanwhile, the one she collided with continues to fight despite her injuries. Do you not find this suspicious?"

Ryuuen-kun's speech only made me more wary of him. Did he order Kinoshita-san to purposefully run into me? Specifically, choosing her because she was athletic? If she was forced to withdraw from the recommended participation events, Class C would lose 400,000 points. Why would he sacrifice so much to defeat me?

"Don't try to make more excuses to get out of this one," Ryuuen-kun leaned toward me. "After all, there's no one you can run to."

"Because of her!" Kinoshita-san spoke up. "I'll have to miss track and field practice. She even said when we collided that she would definitely beat me! How has she not been punished yet?!"

"Do you have no shame at all," I fired back. "Do you feel good when you lie? Or was this some elaborate plan by, Ryuuen-kun? I can't help but find it strange that he coincidentally showed up when all of us were meeting."

"Oi, you're really doing it now," Ryuuen-kun said. "Blaming me for this? For worrying about a fellow classmate?"

"Please, you've been messing with Sudo-kun and Class D this entire festival. I wouldn't put it past you to injure a fellow classmate to pin more blame on someone."

"I had nothing to do with any of that. It's quite a stretch to try and link those things together. You're just cornered at the moment and want a way out, so you're grasping at straws to try and leave the current situation."

"Please..." Kushida spoke up. "Let me speak to Horikita-san. I'm sure we can figure this out."

Ryuuen paused for a moment to consider the offer but ultimately denied it.

"You know what, I'll be participating in the recommended-participant events soon, so I would like to wrap this up. Leaving the situation to the higher-ups might be the best option."

Ryuuen gave a quick glance before starting to exit the room.

But for some reason, he randomly stopped at the doorway.

"We can strike a deal instead," he said.

"A deal?" I asked.

"Simply compensate Kinoshita and Class C for our losses."

"You're delusional. I would never make a deal like that." If I did agree to this deal, I would lose quite a few Private Points, and it would mean I accepted their lie as the truth, which I cannot do.

"I offered you mercy, and you spat in my face. You won't strike a deal and, you don't want this issue taken to the higher-ups. Looks like we're done here."

"Wait, Ryuuen-kun," Kushida-san said. "What do you want, exactly?"

"At least there's someone smart within your trash class, Suzune. Let's see... Hand over 1 million points, and we'll withdraw the complaint. That way, the substitute for Kinoshita is covered, and she is compensated for her injury."

"That's ridiculous," I said. "I'm not in the wrong, so I won't be paying a single point."

"Fine, fine," Ryuuen said while raising his hands in defeat. "Guess we'll just have to take this to the student council then."

Ryuuen knew of my relationship to the student council, specifically my brother. He was trying to use that fact to limit my options and get what he wanted from me. Because he knew the option I wanted the least to happen, would be involving my brother in this affair.

It was a dirty trick on his part if word got out that the president's little sister deliberately hurt someone. It would tarnish his reputation.

Ryuuen had all the right cards to win this case. The video footage of myself looking back at Kinoshita-san as we collided. The fact that Kinoshita-san was of equal or slightly greater athletic prowess than me. And now the fact that the student council could be involved.

All of Ryuuen's moves till now were calculated, meant to trap me in this current situation. The timing, the people involved, everything. There was no way out.

"Ryuuen-kun... could I use my points to pay the fee. I don't think Horikita-san would do something like this on purpose... so I don't want this to turn into a bigger deal-."

"No can do. The payment has to come from Suzune. She did this out of malicious intent, targeting Class C. It wouldn't be an apology if she didn't pay us."

There was a moment of silence as Ryuuen awaited my response. But I chose to stand firm, not giving into his plot.

"Well, looks like we'll be taking this to the higher-ups and student council. It's a very serious case, and I'm sure the school wouldn't stand for this mean-spirited and viciou-."

"Wait," I choked out the word.

Ryuuen raised one of his eyebrows in interest. "Huh, got anything to contribute, Suzune?"

"If I pay you, it will be like this matter never happened, right?"

"So, you're admitting to foul play."

"No. I'm not a liar. Your strategy bested mine; that's why I'm offering to pay."

"You're not admitting you you're in the wrong. How cold of you, especially when Kinoshita is so injured," Ryuuen replied. "But I realize you do have your pride. You don't want this matter to get out of hand and reach a precious someone on the student council. That's why I'll accept your offer, after all, I do have a very kind heart."

"Your conditions are 1 million Private Points, right? Nothing else," I asked.

"Mhmm. That was certainly the condition for my first offer, but I've changed my mind," Ryuuen grinned. "Since you declined my first offer, the conditions have changed."

"What is it then?"

"Along with the 1 million Private Points. You should get down on your knees and beg. Maybe then, we'll agree that you're truly sorry."

"Ryuuen, that is going too far now," Chabashira-sensei spoke up.

"Quite down," Ryuuen shot back. Showing no fear at all. "This is a problem between students, currently. If the teachers are contacted, then they may intervene. But for now, stay out of this," he said. "As for you, Suzune. I'll give you till the end of the festival to decide since I am such a kind soul. Will you hand over the million points and kneel in front of me? Or will you differ this to the higher-ups?"

Ryuuen continued. "Also, don't think that this one-time conflict means I'm done with you. There's plenty of school left. Kushida, make sure to bring Suzune to me once this festival is over."

Ryuuen left the room right after his final remarks.

"Sensei?" I asked.

"Yes."

"How much time is there left in our lunch break?"

"You still have about 20 minutes. I suggest going to eat something now."

"I appreciate the concern, but I have another matter to attend to now."

~~~

"I'm so pathetic," I whispered to myself.

If only I hadn't been so careless if only I had anticipated Ryuuen's strategy, if only I was prepared.

I have never felt this heaviness weigh me down before; it was an unbearable feeling.

But I needed to keep pushing myself, to try and correct my failures.

As I made my way to the school entrance, I saw a familiar face. I would've normally ignored or cowered away from them, but this time it was different.

"Big brother..." I whispered.

I thought it was an extremely quiet whisper, one almost no one could hear. But I guess the empty halls carried that whisper to my brother.

But why, why would he talk to his Class D disgrace of a sister. I desperately wanted to speak to him, but in my current situation was it something I deserved?

"You understand Class D's current predicament, right now?" he asked.

"I'm starting to," I replied.

Which was an honest response. I had made all the wrong moves and ended up trapped by Ryuuen.

If I couldn't do something to change my current predicament, in only a few hours, I would be kneeling in front of Ryuuen, handing him over 1 million Private Points.

But I was still determined to find a solution. Even with the tiniest of lights, I would reach out if it meant solving this problem.

"Don't worry. I won't bother you anymore, big brother," I said as I continued to walk my path with my eyes cast downward.

I continued my path to the dorms. If Sudo was bound and determined to not return to this festival, there was only one other place where he could be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

hey look a main chapter from the perspective of a character besides ayanokouji and fukumoto, lol

alsoooo

have you seen those 2nd yr vol 9.5 drawings??????

wild

absolutely wild

good luck for kei, i guess

adieu readers, :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 441 106
Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and Class S finally graduate from ANHS...but his freedom has yet to be achieved. Though originally, he planned on returning to t...
6.3K 181 10
A Classroom of the Elite story. Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing.
336K 11.3K 41
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with the help of a few acquaintances from the...
427K 12.9K 87
Ayanokouji manages to escape from the white room through the help of his butler and government officials who are currently investigating the existenc...