IN LIFE [SKZ]

By Ace_Muse

"Hold out your hand, I'll never let you go, I Promise" "You've successfully reached the Back Door" STAY is gi... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘
ɪɴᴛʀᴏ: 𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧
Complete
Soulmate
Wait
Idol
Like
Bme
Best Friend
Trainee
Like Yourself
Hot
Sick
Dark Lover
Together
Lucky
Stars
Everything
Red Lights
Surfin'
Gone Away
Holiday
Unexpected
Anymore
For You
Remember
Bachelors
Mafia
Angel
Snow Globe
Maniac
Up All Night
Monster

Tavern

8 0 0
By Ace_Muse

ʟɪꜰᴇꜱᴘᴀɴ: 1.6k

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ(ꜱ): 16+, Alcohol, drugs, foul language

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: Y/n, hyunjin

ꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ: Berenice (OC)

ʟɪꜰᴇ: strangers

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ: The Mystery Series

A frigid air blanketed Yokohama City with a delicate layer of fog. In the hidden and gloaming neighborhoods of the city, people chattered and shouted, exchanging unidentified packages and bundles of whatnot. The preponderance of the people are males and are mostly intoxicated by beer or high on heroin or Meth. Nevertheless, they were still sober as a white man in a war flick or a standard pizza ad, though the mentioned are out of context to the stated circumstance.

Hwang Hyunjin; a member of the BSK group and the youngest son of the Hwang family, strolled through a dull alleyway, watching and shivering at the drunk eyes of the people around him. Their masculine appearance and knotted tattoos made him wonder how they were perfect to be cast in a movie as a villain, but he was wholly conscious that they were fiends in reality.

"Hey there pretty boy! Wanna drink with me?" A woman slurred as she came close to him, swinging her half-empty bottle of whisky and a whip in her other hand. Hyunjin uncomfortably smiled and took a few steps back. "No thank you, ma'am. I-I'm on a formal meeting you see uh-" The woman cracks up out loud, waving the bottle in front of him. "Dressed in a cute coat with a backpack and Gucci? Boy is your meeting in a motel?"

Hyunjin's face goes red. "Wha? No no, I'm serious. I came to meet Ms. L/N!" The entire alleyway goes silent, all eyes gawking at the stiff figure of Hyunjin. "You don't call her like that here boy" Says the woman, throwing her bottle to a wall and rolling up her whip. "But I'll show you the way to her!" She gleefully beams, already walking away to another path. Hyunjin catches up, adjusting his cardigan and taking glimpses at the unknown lady. Now in the scarcely brighter areas of the alley, he again peeks at the female. She has dark skin, a perfect shade between chocolate and coffee. She's not Japanese but spoke the language with precise pronunciation that even many Asians find difficult. She was dressed in a short crop top nearly like a bikini, but with a heavy fur coat covering her from the chilliness. Her boots flew cold dust in the air as she unexpectedly stopped.

"We're here boy, get in" Hyunjin looks up at the wooden billboard hanging on top of the entrance that had the name 'Haven The Tavern' carved on it with led lights adorning it in an old-fashioned way. "A Tavern? In Japan? At this age?" The woman rolls her eyes at his words, shoving the door open to loud cheers and warm harmony. "You wanna meet Ms. L/N or not?" The way she said her name made Hyunjin realize that he had to be cautious to not address the female like that.

Stepping into the tavern, the place was put together as if it was stuck in time. Though everyone wore modern clothes and accessories, with the place booming with jazz music and actual fire torches, Hyunjin mistook himself to have made time travel possible. "Move you idiots!" The woman barks as she pushed a duo of drunk men, standing in the middle of the room. "Keep up!" She yelled to Hyunjin as she moved past men and women. At one corner of the tavern sat a woman, with a black eye patch covering her left eye with strands of her hair falling over it. She wore a white silky button-up and black leather harnesses on top of it. Her hair had tints of red on black, with wavy locks resting on her shoulder. A bottle of red wine and an empty glass sat in front of her on the wooden table. She sat alone, twirling her phone in her hand like a basketball.

"Julian! I got a Korean looking for yah, he said your last name with Miss" The woman said as she propelled Hyunjin forward, snickering and crossing her hands. Hyunjin felt like he was being snitched on for addressing the woman with her last name. But some of his fear has altered into fascination, as he had never seen a woman like her, as she came out of a pirate movie or from a play set in the 19th century. The dark woman from earlier leaves, beating some men on her way out. "Julian? Is that what you're called here?" Hyunjin asks as he sits down, dropping his bag on the table. "Did I say you could sit?"

The Korean instantly leaps to his feet, resulting in the female laughing at him, banging her hand on the table. "My lord! You're funny Mr. Hwang. I thought you'll be a stuck-up bitch from your photos. Sit down" Slightly annoyed at the ridicule, Hyunjin takes a seat. "Out of my politeness and by your grandma's decency, you can call me Y/n and please be comfortable talking in Korean, I'm eloquent"

"Yeah, Thankyou and just call me Hyunjin. After all, we might have to be acquaintances" Hyunjin says as he unlocks his bag and pulls out a cream envelope. Y/n watches calmly as he positioned it in front of her. She shifts her gaze to the wine bottle and opens it. The red beverage is poured over the envelope and Hyunjin yanks it off the table. "What the hell?! It's-"

"An invitation I do not need. Simply say the time and place, I'll be there. These stamped law papers aren't my thing Hyunjin-kun" Y/n says with an irritated tone, though she quickly finds amusement in watching the male's worked-up complexion. "You can't enter the building without it, take it" Insists Hyunjin, flapping the paper to dry up the wine that has already left a stain. "I've entered buildings I wasn't even invited to. Just buzz me in when you see it's me. It's as simple as that"

"Fine, as you wish" Sighs the Korean, tossing the envelope back into his bag. "The next time you ever come here, make sure you don't wear cardigans and backpacks. Leather and Versace go well here. We're kind of an old rowdy clichés you see, but then again it's your choice I guess, if you're all that 'new era, don't judge the clothes' yada yada kind of gen z" Hyunjin found himself laughing at that, though her words were correct, the way she said it was oddly delightful to him. He acknowledged the woman has immense charm in her, despite her insulting manner. "Julian! We got a fight up at The Arch! It's the Dock Mafia kids again" The dark woman rushes back inside as she yells this, waving her arm around.

Y/n slams her hand on the table and stands up, grabbing the wine bottle off the furniture, she paces outside. Hyunjin speeds after her with his bag, curious and scared at the exact time. Julian or Y/n steps out from the tavern and zooms inside to the opposite store named 'The Arch'. She departs the shop in a minute with two kids in her grasp. Julian throws the two teens to the ground. "I let you come here because the Dock Mafia is in Ashes now. So don't get too ahead of yourself after eating our scraps. Never show your face here again or I'll have it peeled off" The teens run off in a hurry, crying as they yelled obscenities in Japanese. In that spare minute, the alley returns to its former atmosphere, packed and boisterous.

"I apologize, for you had to see that Hyunjin-kun as our guest. Should we resume our conversation or are you leaving already?" Y/n speaks as she notices him outside, hugging his bag like a cat with its tail. "I'd really and eagerly like to continue our chat, but I got a driver waiting outside in a non-parking area so..." Says Hyunjin with a genuine smile, showing how impressed he was, although the female was hurling kids around like dead fish. "Sure, Berenice will show you out. The woman who brought you to me" She replies before waving the said woman over.

"No! Wait Y/n" Hyunjin steps in, holding his hands out in a jiffy. "I have one final question left. You have 60% of the shares and a mansion and an estate in my grandma's will. You're not her family or ours. Who were you? To her?" He finally raises the question he has been itching to ask from the get-go. Julian smiles a cheeky one, taking a swig off her wine bottle. "I'm meeting up with your family lawyer and your whole-ass s-class fam tomorrow. I think it's reasonable to let the truth out in front of everyone" Y/n flips the bottle to a garbage bin next to the male as Berenice finally appears next to both of them. "Oh and Hyunjin-kun, it's not about who I was to your grandmother. It should be about who she was. Sayanora until next time!" Hyunjin closes his mouth when Berenice waves her hand in his face. "That's enough drooling boy. Come one"

Hwang Hyunjin realized two things that day: one, his grandmother was not some 60's chick who knits a sweater in her 70s, and two, Y/n or Julian was someone he wanna see again and might as well be a regular at 'Haven The Tavern' with leather and Versace.

"ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇɴᴅᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʏᴇᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 315 30
Various stories about our favourite boys in different situations. BoyXfemreader.
50.3K 725 39
stray kids x reader scenarios, imagines and reactions that hopefully won't make you absolutely cringe and die, lower caps intended - this book contai...
25K 633 12
I decided that for any random scenes I'd like to do that probably wouldn't fit in any of my stories, it would be good to create this. So I welcome yo...
107K 2K 45
A collection of skz x fem!reader oneshots and imagines I've written for our precious boys. Everything posted here can also be found on my Instagram...