The Perfect Skeeter

By soloindistress

I didn't expect to be Rita Skeeter, let alone to make friends and fall in love. I didn't want to be part of... More

Shopping
Hogwarts express
The Sorting
Year 1, 2 and Summers
Year 3, 4 and summers
Year 5 part 1
Year 5, part 2
Year 5, part 3
Year 5, Part 4
Year 6,7 & before war
The End

Waking Up

2.5K 86 8
By soloindistress

" Mistress Rita, lunch is ready ", I heard the familiar sound of Tilly say.

I look up from the book I was reading my grey eyes locking on the little house elf Infront of me. Yea you heard me a freaking house elf  " I will be there in a minute Tilly and thank you for letting me know ", I said a soft smile on face.

Tilly smiles back before leaving again with a silent pop.

I look back down feeling sad that I would have to leave my precious book behind " Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them", but food calls. I put a page marker in-between before getting up and making my way towards the dining room. 

You might be wondering,
A house elf ?,
Wait who are you?
Or maybe you just don't care  about my past and just want to hear about my current life, Well let me tell you anyway.

my name used to be Aquila Lenovo ,I used to live in London  with my pet cat Lucas I had everything back then a stable job, a loving family sure I never got married but I was still 25 I was young I thought i had time that everything would solve it self every thing was perfect . . .well for me , until  it wasn't .

It was on Halloween and every harry potter fan knows what that entails.

I was doing grocery shopping when I had this major headache and passed out. I was taken to the hospital where I was told I was dying. I didn't understand at first I was perfectly fine I felt great actually but the doctors said that the symptoms where there that one day one of my organs will stop working and it will keep happening until finally my brain just stops.

My parents were devastated heck I was devastated my life plan everything I have worked for gone just like that because of some stupid sickness I got but we didn't give up.

My parents tried to get me to try different treatments each one being more expensive then the next but we soon had no money so they started selling their car, my car, my home. They were going to sell their home too but that's when I  put my shoe down. I had refused to let them sell the home i grew up in the house which housed the only memory of my younger brother Elliot, he had died in a car crash when he was eleven, I was twelve I felt like I had lost the other peace of my soul back then. I knew  nothing was going to work at this point half my body had already fallen. So at least I wanted them to have a home to live in, a reminder of both the kids  they lost, even if it was painful.

It was pure agony going through the pain everytime a body part shuts down, I still had one kidney, my heart, mouth, right hand and Brain still working but I knew it was just a matter of time.

I had wondered sometimes laying in the hospital bed. why I was going through such pain? Had I been such a horrible person? Do I really deserve such a fate ?  But even so I never wished for anyone to go throw what I did, I wouldn't let anyone take the pain for me even for a minute cause that would be too cruel, even if it saved me.

I used to spend my time in the hospital reading books reminiscing my childhood days reading books like the hobbit, harry potter, watching a bunch of movies mostly comedy anything to make my self feel a little more happy.

It was on July 31 the day harry Potter was born, that I died, I was surrounded by my loved ones and nurses who where there taking care of me through out the journey, I could feel the rest of my body falling I knew it was the end.

I remember how my mom held my left hand my dad the right, the man and women who gave me the world.  I looked into their eyes tears falling, throat dry as I said , " I am scared " I my mom crying louder, " but I want it to stop, I want to go ", my dad breaking down beside her.

I could hear the monitors beeping, my vision going dark the last I heard was my parents cry and heart monitor beeping going to a straight line. I  remember wishing i could live. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But of course I didn't expect it to actually happen! Imagine my surprise when I opened my eyes and I wasn't greeted with the usual white ceiling and the heart monitor beeping instead I was in this fancy room! every where pink bright ugly pink!

I mean don't get me wrong I love pink but this shade was just so ugly I closed my eyes again wondering if I just went color blind or something. Anyway I shot up when I heard a loud pop in the room, I was off the bed, Against the wall in a matter of minutes cause Infront of me was this short little creature cause it sure wasn't human. It had pointy ears, dirty cloth like thing on it's body, it looked frail with long fingers and nose, it's eyes was the size of a golf ball so of course I didn't just freak out I stared bloody screaming my lungs out . The poor creature was so shocked it started screaming too looking everywhere but when it didn't find anything it looked back at my still screaming form. I remember it calling me Rita, telling me to calm down it was getting closer and closer and then I turned my head to the side and I just stopped.

There was this huge  mirror and in it was a reflection of a girl  around 10, 11? with blond hair and grey eyes, staring right at me. I could hear the creature asking if I was ok but I was confused. I had asked who the girl was but I couldn't hear her reply but I saw her lip move in sink with mine so I tried again and again until I was face to face with the mirror my hand on it that's when I saw those familiar grey eyes my eyes but with blond hair with slitly different features, I don't remember what happened next, just that when I woke up again i was laying back in the bed with the same creature beside me. I had screamed again until it left the room.  

The next few weeks where hard I was in shock. Turned out according to the creature, sorry house elf , as she had introduced  her self was named Tilly. Apparently I am a witch and not just any witch mind you I was bloody Rita Skeeter, the witch known through out the harry potter book series for being a lying journalist, an unregistered beetle animagus, a character who tormented the main lead and his companions with her evil quill.

Never mind that I was still shocked I could move I had spent hours upon hours standing just to feel the burn when my legs got tired I had waved my hands jumped on the bed, then quickly got off not need to be sent to the hospital again, or is it St mungos this time ?

After a week I was able to interact with the house elf with out freaking out, started walking around the huge manor which apparently belonged to me now. Since my current parents were dead, died in a potion accident and am the only heir, did I mention Rita was pureblood no wonder she was slandering Hermione and worked with the ministry.

Anyway while walking between the gardens looking at all the beautiful flowers I had wondered what to do with the place it was too big for me to live in it alone but it was also a memorable place for Rita her last reminder of her parents and altho I was now her and I might have probably killed her or something I knew things happened for a reason someone put me here with a purpose even though I still didn't know what it was I didn't think much of it, this was my second chance at life I wouldn't take it for granted again.

Getting used to my new body tho took time it was weak and pale, tho I still had my grey eyes I hated the blond missing my red hair but  at the same time I didn't want to change it so I dyed it with light red it wasn't too bright you could see my hair was blond but it had hints of red in it a reminder of who I was and am,  not just aquila but Rita too.

So after asking tilly if we had another home we moved out renting the place out until I finally decide to move back, to a small cottage at the edge of hogsmade. It was just Tilly and me, two against the world I refused to get a cat again cause nothing would replace my Lucas. So I just got an owl named him Elliot, he had brown feather with white strips in-between, he had dark black eyes, just like my Elliot. I would let him fly out to either hunt or to bring me books  from flourish and botts cause I refused to go shopping In person not if I could help it. I just buy stuff from the catalog I found when I went to eat at madam Rosmartia. I have been doing all my shoppings like so since, I had subscribed to the daily prophet I had been reading alot about the current events, like how voldy has started recruiting, it wasn't that obvious yet but you could see the signs if you knew what to look for. 

I had read as much as I can about pureblood etiquette and stuff even if it was a bore but I didn't want to be ignorant at least I could act pureblood ish when it calls for it no need to be humiliated or anything.

I have read alot of books so far I have yet to decide on a favorite but maybe by fifth year when I go to Hogwarts I will figure it out.

So today as I sit on the table with Tilly to have breakfast together, with a certain hogwarts letter on the table. I had the sudden realization that I won't be able to avoid going shopping in person this time.

1808 words

An idea I got while browsing through Pinterest.

Comment,like and share .

Hope you enjoy this new version.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
373K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
1M 17.5K 76
REQUESTS ARE CLOSED Completed: 8/6/21 This is a book of imagines of the reader (female) with the Marauders along with Lily and Snape. Other character...
34.6K 1.4K 46
I wasn't expecting to walk into Hogwarts that morning I chased my dog down. I don't know what I expected from the day but it was definitely not being...