Liberating Remant

By USS_Stockdale

Remnant is the future-fantasy world of RWBY, with airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry, and a form of natura... More

Chapter 1 The Story Begins (Overhauled)
Chapter 2 Settling In (Overhauled)
Chapter 3 Uneasy Alliances (Overhauled)
Side chapter: Food Revolution (Marked for Overhaul)
Chapter 4 Girl in the High Castle
Chapter 5 Hearts of Iron
Chapter 6 The Interest of the Spooks
Chapter 7 Shadows' Involvement
Chapter 8 Secret's Out
Chapter 9 Glenn Mountain Complex
Chapter 10 May Death Not Do Us Part
Updates On Story Writing
Chapter 11 Tempus Requiem
Chapter 12 The Threat Within (Part 1)
Chapter 14 The Covert Reunion
Chapter 15 The Threat Within (Part 2)
Chapter 16 The Threat Within (Part 3)
Chapter 17 Double Agent
Chapter 18 Familiar Affairs
Chapter 19 The Tale of Continental
Chapter 20 Rebirth
Chapter 21 Back in Black (Marked for overhaul)
Chapter 22 Steel Division(Ma4ked for overhaul)
Chapter 23 Phone call
Chapter 24 Welcome to Remnant
Chapter 25 Rush Grimm
Chapter 26 Unwanted Sacrifices
Chapter 27 Underground Haven
The Fall (teaser)

Chapter 13 Cold Waters

496 15 17
By USS_Stockdale

Sea of Souls, a few miles from Patch...

As the USS Viper, USS Phantom, and USS Alicorn traveled deep beneath the waves, the sound of the water rushing past their hulls was the only thing that could be heard. Captain Sarah Reynolds of the Viper, Captain Daniel Lee of the Phantom, and Captain Simon Davis of the Alicorn were on high alert, knowing that danger could lurk around any corner.

They had been sent on a top-secret mission to investigate strange disturbances in the ocean, and rumors had been circulating about underwater creatures, unlike anything that had ever been seen before. The mission was shrouded in secrecy, but the captains knew that they were going into uncharted waters.

As they descended deeper into the abyss, they began to encounter the creatures of Grimm. These terrifying beings were unlike anything they had ever seen before, with dark, twisted forms and razor-sharp claws. They seemed to be able to move effortlessly through the water, their movements both graceful and deadly.

Captain Reynolds quickly ordered her crew to battle stations, and the Viper surged forward to meet the creatures head-on. But the creatures were too fast, too agile, and too powerful for the submarine to take on alone. The Phantom and the Alicorn quickly joined the fight, launching torpedoes and depth charges at the creatures.

As the battle raged on, the captains knew that they were in for a long and difficult fight. But they were determined to protect their country and their fellow citizens from the threat of the Grimm. They knew that the fate of the world was in their hands, and they would stop at nothing to ensure that the creatures of Grimm would be defeated once and for all.

For the United States of America, the Vytal Festival Tournament was just the beginning of their long road to liberation, and the beginning of a new era, where hope for a brighter future could flourish. The Vytal Festival Tournament was the biggest event of the year in Remnant. And they find themselves in danger from the creatures that slowly stalk below the waves. Children young enough to be their sons and daughters are faced with the threat of unusually large amounts of water-type Grimm.

In the sonar room of the USS Phantom, Petty Officer First Class Maria Hernandez sat intently at her station, listening to the underwater sounds picked up by the sub's advanced sonar system. The room was dimly lit, with only the glow of the instruments illuminating her face.

As the battle raged on outside, Hernandez's heart raced as she tried to make sense of the chaos in the water. She had never heard anything like this before. The Grimm creatures seemed to be communicating with each other in a language that was both eerie and incomprehensible.

Suddenly, something shook the sub, causing Hernandez to lose her balance and fall to the ground. She quickly got back up, knowing that she had to keep her focus on the sonar readings.

She relayed the information to the bridge, informing the captains of the movements and locations of the Grimm creatures. The captains used this information to maneuver the subs, launching torpedoes and depth charges to try and take down the enemy.

As the battle continued, Hernandez's eyes were glued to the sonar screen, her fingers moving quickly over the controls. She knew that the fate of the sub and its crew depended on her ability to interpret the underwater sounds and movements.

Despite the chaos and danger all around her, Hernandez remained calm and focused, determined to do her part in defeating the enemy and ensuring the safe return of the sub and its crew.

Ever since the transference, they no longer encountered fast attack submarines but fast and easy-to-kill Grimm. The US Navy started implementing depth charges on their submarines so that they could deal with the smaller Grimm without wasting torpedoes.

Sirocco Voyager, Sea of Souls...

It was a warm sunny day. Their ship is filled to the brim with students and people coming to participate in the Vytal Festival. Their Sonar operator reports no Grimm in the vicinity, but little do they know an underwater battle is about to ensue beyond their sonar range of 100 feet.

"Captain, I think I'm getting something!" the sonar operator shouts.

"What is it?" the captain asks.

"We have no Grimm in the vicinity, but there may be an underwater threat beyond our sonar range of 100 feet," he responds.

"Keep monitoring the sonar and report any changes immediately."

Suddenly, the sonar operator's screen lights up with multiple contacts.

The sonar operator starts sweating profusely. "Captain, we have multiple contacts. It looks like a large group of Grimm surfacing!"

"How many Grimm are we talking about?" the captain asks.

"There are 36 of them, sir!"

"Battle stations, everyone! Prepare for an underwater battle."

*Whistleeeeee*

The crew of the Sirocco Voyager starts scrambling for their cannons while others try to calm the passengers. One shout is heard that throws the remaining passengers into a panic.

"Action stations!!!"

The crew of the Sirocco Voyager quickly sprang into action, manning their weapons and preparing for the incoming Grimm attack. The captain knew this would be a difficult battle, but he was determined to protect his passengers at all costs.

As the Grimm approached, the crew fired their weapons, striking some of them and driving others back into the water. But the Grimm were relentless, and soon they were upon the ship, attacking with ferocity.

Just as things were looking their bleakest, a massive explosion rocked the water, sending shockwaves through the Sirocco Voyager. The crew and passengers were thrown to the deck as the ship lurched violently.

As they struggled to regain their bearings, they looked out to see a massive plume of water rising into the air, and then another, and another. It soon became clear that the explosions were coming from underwater.

The captain shouted to the sonar operator, "What is going on? What is causing those explosions?"

The sonar operator frantically searched his instruments, but he could find no explanation for the explosions. All he could tell the captain was, "I don't know, sir. It's not the Grimm, that's for sure."

The battle raged on, with the crew and passengers fighting for their lives against the Grimm, while the explosions continued to rock the water around them. It wasn't until much later after the battle was over that the Sirocco Voyager managed to return safely to port.

The crew and passengers of the Sirocco Voyager looked out to see a massive plume of water rising into the air. As the mist cleared, they saw a large submarine rising from the depths. It was the USS Viper, led by Captain Reynolds, who had been dispatched to investigate the disturbance in the ocean.

The Viper had been battling the Grimm creatures when they detected the Sirocco Voyager in danger. Captain Reynolds had made the decision to come to their aid, knowing that every life was valuable.

The crew and passengers of the Sirocco Voyager watched in awe as the USS Viper engaged the Grimm creatures in a fierce battle. The Viper's weapons were more powerful than anything they had ever seen before, and they made quick work of the Grimm.

As the battle came to an end, the USS Viper pulled alongside the Sirocco Voyager, and Captain Reynolds and her crew boarded the ship to make sure that everyone was safe. The passengers were relieved and grateful, and they thanked the crew of the Viper for their bravery and quick thinking.

Captain Reynolds assured them that they were just doing their duty and that they were always ready to come to the aid of their fellow citizens.

With the danger passed, the Sirocco Voyager continued on its way to the Vytal Festival, with the crew and passengers forever grateful for the bravery of the USS Viper and its crew. And as they sailed into the distance, they knew that they could always count on the United States Navy to protect them from any threat, no matter how great.

It would later be deliberated whether Captain Reynolds should be court-martialed for revealing such top-secret vessels to civilians. However, when the Captain announced that the ship was filled with over 400 passengers, the majority of whom were children, the President granted an exception and pardoned Captain Reynolds for her "crimes."

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 326 47
*Crossover between the worlds of COD Infinite Warfare and RWBY* Set in 2226, years after the war with the Settlement Defense Front. The UNSA had grea...
12K 383 66
The black had was created around the time devils, angels, and fallen had their war, some Humans banded together and formed the black hand. Their goal...
4.8K 101 12
Remnant. A world of wonder but also horrors. Humans and Faunus beseeched by the creatures of darkness called the Grimm. Surrounded by darkness that l...
1.4K 17 8
In the world of Remnant, the creatures called Grimm attack Humans and Faunus for as long as the world was born. However, another group of creatures c...