Imperfect love

By Kinkyshygay

Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding... More

A few important things
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty-two
Author's Note
Question

Chapter ten

977 34 26
By Kinkyshygay

It was now Friday and the school had just finished; I was waiting for my parents to come for the parents-teachers meeting. I did amazing at my math test, getting an A, but I was absolutely terrified what their reaction would be about my English test. They would get one on one time with every single one of my teachers, and I had to sit beside them the whole time. I knew they wouldn't hurt me in front of people, but still.

When they arrived, they first went to my science teacher. Thank god.

"She's the best student in my class, amazing kid as well, really well behaved and polite. She also got an A+ on my test."

My parents smiled, liking what they heard. Then it was my biology teacher's turn.

"Honestly, she's great, she participates a lot, and she's really well-behaved." Ok, up to that point, everything was going well, but I knew it wouldn't last long. I knew my math, PE, and English teachers weren't as pleased with me as the other two.

"She's a good kid and does well in my class. She got an A on the recent test. I would like her to pay more attention during the lesson though, sometimes she seems a bit absent-minded." I wish he knew that he just signed me up for the death row.

My parents looked at me with a killer look and grabbed me by wrist, basically dragging me to the PE teacher.

"She's great. She tries really hard, and there were times when I was impressed with her. She has made huge progress from the beginning of the year. She's a good kid as well."

My parents thanked her, but her nice words didn't seem to calm them down. My father dragged me to my English class by my wrist, definitely leaving a bruise. They knocked on the door, and she let them in. She looked at all three of us and smiled.

"She's doing well on the class, but there's always room for improvement. She could try to pay more attention during class, which would really help her raise her grade." she said, eyeing me.

"What do you mean raise her grade?" My father asked, and anger has obvious in his voice.

"Well, she got a B- on the test, but I believe she could easily get an A if she starts paying more attention". I clenched my jaw, knowing what was about to come.

"Alexandra, I'm very disappointed in you. We'll have to discuss this at home. It's unacceptable." He said with a harsh tone, raising his voice, Ms. Davis must have noticed my distress because she tried to make things better.

"A B- is not a bad grade, the test surely wasn't easy, and she seemed to have studied a lot. She was just missing a few things that were mentioned in class. Other than that I've never had a problem with her." I knew her words didn't make any difference to my parents, but I appreciate her trying.

"Thank you" my father said, grabbing my wrist, dragging me out of the class.

As we got into the house, he started shouting.

"You are such a failure. A B- ? Do you think we send you to school to joke around with your friends? I've seen rats smarter than you. If you don't do well at school, you won't go far in life. It's not like you're pretty or talented. All you have is school. I'm so sick of you being an ungrateful, lazy piece of shit" he said, punching my face. I tried to run because I knew this time was going to be really bad.

I made it in the middle of the staircase when I felt him grabbing my forearm and pulling me back. I lost my balance and fell down the stairs. I could feel my whole body aching.

"Don't turn your back to me when I'm talking." He screamed and kicked me. He then got on top of me and started punching me. The last thing I remember was my mum shouting at him.

"Stop, that's enough, you are going to kill her. Stop" she said, pulling him off me. I passed out right after.

I woke up on my bed. I don't know how I got here or what time it is. I tried to move, but pain shot through my entire body, making my groan.

"You are awake" my mum said. She seemed worried. I've never seen her worried before.

"Yeah, I wish I wasn't" I said, really meaning it. I wish he had killed me instead, he would be in prison, and I would finally find peace.

"I'll bring you some painkillers." She said, leaving in a rush.

She came back with a pill and a glass of water.

"What time is it?" I said as I took them.

"Ιt's 2 in the afternoon, and It's Monday."

"Wait so I was out for three days?" I said wide-eyed.

"Yes, I've been icing your face, so it doesn't swell more, not that it helped a lot. I'll bring you some ice.

I knew my face was swollen and bruised, but my mum's words didn't help. She brought me the ice, and I put on my eye and lip, wincing in pain.

"Try to sleep when you are finished. You are going back to school in two days."

"ok"

I was going to be behind everyone, I thought to myself while picking up my phone and checking my notifications. 30 messages and 20 missed calls from Charlie. GREAT.

"Hey, how did the parent-teacher meeting go?"

"Did you get in trouble?"

"Oh shit, did Ms. Davis snitch?"

"And what about PE?"

"Are you ignoring me?"

"Hey, are we going out today?"

"Bitch answer me"

"Are you grounded?"

"Oh shit, did your parents take your phone?"

And the rest of them were like that. I decided to call her because I don't feel like texting.

"BITCH WHAT THE FUCK, I THOUGHT YOU DIED." She yelled.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't well, and I slept throughout the whole weekend. Barely got out of bed."

"OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY?"

"Yes, please stop yelling."

"I'm sorry, I was really worried, especially when you missed school today."

"I'll be back in two days, I need to rest for a while."

"I understand, do you want me to bring you your homework or something?"

"No, don't bother I'll make up for it on Wednesday" If she came, she would want to talk to me and she couldn't see me like this.

"Ok, get well soon bro, we'll talk later ok?"

"Ok"

I closed my phone and tried getting up. I had to use the bathroom. I slowly got up wincing in pain. I slowly walked to the bathroom. Everything was a struggle.

After I laid back in bed, I fell asleep immediately, the pain was exhausting. While I was sleeping, I felt something cold on my face and I knew it was my mum icing it to reduce the swelling. I woke up the next day and the swelling has reduced significantly, by tomorrow it will just be a black eye and a split lip. I can say I got into a fight, if someone asks. I heard the doorbell ring but didn't paid attention to it, I wasn't allowed to answer it.

A little after, my mum came into my room.

"Your English teacher came to drop off your homework."

"Oh" I was surprised she would do something like that.

"Yeah, she said she didn't want you falling behind."

"That makes sense."

"Yeah, anyways, I brought you ice as well. Try to take a shower today."

"I will."

"Call me if you need any help." She said in a caring tone. It's not like her to act that way. I wonder what changed.

I iced my face until the ice melted. Then I went to take a shower. I struggled taking my clothes off, I looked at my body, and sure enough, I was covered in bruises. I sighted and went to the shower, I held onto the wall for support as I washed my hair, and my stomach made a loud noise reminding me that I have only eaten a slice of bread with some cheese for the past four days. As I finished my shower I went back to bed, I couldn't bother doing homework, I wanted to sleep.

Ms. Davis's POV

Friday was exhausting. Most Fridays are, the students are excited for the weekend and they don't pay attention to anything, plus we had this parent-teacher meeting today, which meant that I had to stay longer at the school.

I hate parent-teacher meetings, especially if the student isn't doing well in my class, I don't like telling the parents, I keep thinking about their reactions when they get home, but I can't lie.

Alex came to my mind again. Her father seemed enraged today, the way he dragged her out of the class by her wrist, is definitely going to leave a bruise. I feel bad for not letting her re-take that test, it's obvious that there's something going on with her parents.

It pained me even thinking about it.

My first thought is that I need to do something, but I don't have any proof that they are hurting her, plus, she doesn't talk to me. I wish I could help her in some way.

I woke up on the couch. I looked at my phone and it was 11.3 in the morning, I fell asleep last night. I got up and stretched. I made an avocado toast and wore my workout clothes.

I went for a run, and then when I got home, I worked out for an hour. I took a shower and sat in the living room, reading a book. After an hour and a half, my phone rang.

"Hey lovely, how are you?"

"Hey baby, I'm good, you?"

"I'm great, can I come over?"

"Sure." I got up and tidied up the house. The bell rang and I rushed to the door.

"I missed you." He said and kissed me.

"I missed you too."

"You didn't answer to my texts yesterday."

"Oh, I'm sorry babe, I was stressed and tired from work." He smirked.

"Why don't we go in the bedroom and I'll make you forget about yesterday." He caressed my thigh.

"I'm sorry babe, I just finished a workout and I'm tired." He sighed and dropped back on the couch, he turned the TV on and I laid my head on his chest.

"Why don't you cook something, I'm hungry." He suggested after some time.

"I'm not in the mood, we can order."

"You are never in the mood for anything." He mumbled.

"Is that because I didn't have sex with you?" I asked, getting worked up.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Come here babe." He kissed me and pulled me into a hug. I spent the rest of the Saturday with him.

On Sunday I woke up and his arms were wrapped around me. He was kind of sweet and good looking. I slid off his hug and he didn't even stir. I went in the bathroom and made myself presentable.

I made me some coffee and sat in the living room, continuing my book.

"Good morning my beautiful girlfriend." He said walking in an hour later.

"Morning babe." He sat next to me.

"What's for breakfast?"

"I didn't make anything, I wasn't hungry."

We got up and went in the kitchen. After a while he came back with a grilled cheese sandwich. He sat next to me an ate while I closed my book and took my laptop. I had to create a lesson plan for next week.

"What you doing?" He asked with his mouth stuffed. Boys, they are disgusting.

"Working, I have to get my lesson plans ready."

"You work too much."

"Maybe." After a while he got bored and went home.

The rest of the Sunday passed fast, I spent most day working and once I was done, I went for a run and then to sleep.

On Monday and Tuesday Alex didn't come to school and the principal told us that she was sick, but I'm not sure that was the case. By the end of Tuesday, she was the only thing on my mind. What if something happened to her? If her father is abusive, he could have hurt her. Once she's back I'll definitely try to talk to her.

Against my better judgment I gathered the homework she had missed and decided to go give it to her. I wanted to check up on her.

I got out of my car and rang the bell. That was a bad idea, I thought to myself, and the door opened.

"Can I help you Ms.?" Her mum asked frowning, she didn't look too happy about me being here.

"Ugh...I'm Ms. D..."

"I know, Alex's English teacher."

"Yes" I smiled, she was intimidating. "I came to bring her homework."

"Thank you, I'll take it to her."

"Is she okay?"

"Yes, she was sick and now she's resting." There was something about her tone that send chills down my body. I nodded.

"Bye Ms."

"Bye" she said and watched as I got in my car and drove away. I got to my house and sat on the couch. She was so cold and unwelcoming, it was unsettling.

Athena's boyfriend

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 2.1K 41
When I looked into her eyes, I could see the whole world, I could see everything I've ever looked for and needed. She was my entire world, my everyth...
546K 20.1K 48
Alex seems like a normal high school senior but she is not. Anxiety and her OCD rules her life. She had been called a freak all her life and there is...
45.2K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
148K 3.7K 16
Emily had to take a year off from school because of her mental health, and now she's 18 and ready to start fresh. She's always been a straight-A stud...