Gold Rush | Jack Hughes

By kellslibrary

what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils g... More

1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

2.

7K 65 38
By kellslibrary

Luke got his first goal in just his second game ahhh so proud of him! Enjoy
_____________

"Nice to meet ya jack" I reply. "Uh you too" he says. A guy that looks like him stands beside him "I'm luke" he says. "Hi luke im Olivia" I say looking at him then back at jack.

Jack scratches the back of his neck awkwardly "uh so you were the anthem singer weren't you?' He asks. I take the jager bomb down then nod "yes I sure was" I answer.

The girls standing beside me awkwardly "we're here too" jordyn says. He looks at her "hi" he says. "I'm gay but you're cute" she says. I sigh "I'm sorry she has no filter" I say glaring at her.

He laughs awkwardly and shifts "that's fine" he says then takes the jager bomb down. We start talking and the girls talk to other devils players that are there. "Let's go find a place to sit" I suggest.

I guide him through the club and we find a small booth "so do you live in Jersey?" He asks when we sit down. "I've got a place here and one in the city" I answer. "Oh that's cool" he says.

"Yeah but currently I'm on tour" I reply. "That's even cooler" he says. I shrug "it's fun but I'm almost done" I frown. "Yeah? What are your plans for after?" He asks.

Shrugging I take a sip of my drink "no idea I am working on an album though" I answer. "Yeah? How long have you been singing?" He asks. "Since I was a kid but professionally for four years" I answer.

He nods listening "that's amazing, you've probably sang the anthems the best so far" he says. I blush "well thank you" I reply. "You're welcome" he says. "How long have you been playing in new Jersey?" I ask. "A few years now" he answers.

We get to know each other a little more and have a couple drinks throughout the rest of the night.

Around 1am jordyn comes up with isla "girl we gotta get home" she says. "Shit you're right, I've got rehearsals in the morning" I say standing up. Jack nods and follows behind "can I get your number or do I gotta find your instagram?" He asks.

Bold. I like it. I turn to him before we get to the exit. "Here" I say handing him my phone. He takes his out and hands me it and I add my number into his phone under. Liv

He smiles when he sees it "so I guess I'll see you around?" He asks handing me my phone back. I nod putting my phone away "yeah I uh if you're not busy tomorrow I've got a show in the city, you should come" I say.

"Oh totally I'll be there" he says. I smile and nod "see ya hughes" I say winking at him then leaving with the girls. "Where'd you go liv?" Felicity asks. "I was talking to Jack" I answer. She smirks "I saw him lookin at you" she says.

My face heats up "oh stop we're just getting to know each other I also still don't want anything" I reply. She shakes her head "we'll see about that he seems like trouble" she says. I shake my head "he isn't he's actually quite nice" I reply.

She shakes her head "I've heard about hockey players cheating" she says. "Well we're not dating so he is free to do whatever he wants" I reply. "Yet, what about when you're dating and he's on the road?" She asks.

I sigh "well we're not together so I dont care" I answer. "Just be careful" she says. "I will" I reply. We get back to our shared apartment and I fall asleep shortly after my head hits the pillow.

The following morning I'm woken up by the girls waking me up. Sometimes my alarms don't like to wake me up so they do. "You're trending again" jordyn says showing me.

TMZ

Olivia shown leaving a new Jersey night club and several people inside said they saw her and jack Hughes talking just the two of them the whole time they were both there, he was shown leaving a few minutes after her

"Can't they just fuck off?" I ask. "Maybe go into hiding when you're done the tour" isla suggests. "Good idea" I reply going on my phone laughing at Jack's contact name.

Jack (the best in Jersey)

Twitter thinks we're in love

Liv

We arent?

Jack (best in Jersey)

Oh my bad

So in love with you

That good?

Liv

You're too funny

Jack (best in Jersey)

I got tickets to your show

Liv

Great now I've gotta give it my all

Hope I dont make you go deaf

Jack (best in Jersey)

You could never

See you tonight

Liv

See you hughes

We all get ready and quickly have something to eat before leaving for rehearsals. Then we're at the venue for a few hours then I have a few hours to kill before the show.

Instead of going back to new Jersey and having to drive back we stay in the city and go shopping. "Olivia!" I hear a group of girls shout.

Turning towards them they all get excited when I start moving towards them. "Hey girls how are you?" I ask them. "We're so good oh my god you're so pretty" one of the girls says. "Awe thank you so much" I reply.

She squeals excitedly and I smile "are you coming to the concert tonight?" I ask them. "Yes!" They all answer. "That's awesome!" I reply. I take a few selfies with them "can we know what cover your doing tonight?" The one asks.

"you can have a hint" I answer. They all stay quiet and I look at their faces "taylor" I say. They all gasp "welcome to New York?" One asks. I laugh shaking my head "nope you'll see" I reply. "See you tonight!" I add before leaving with my girls.

After shopping for a little bit longer  then we go back to the venue with our bags. Anthony has his assistant take them all to the bus and then I have to go do soundcheck for the VIP's.

They all stand there excited watching and then I get to sound checking lavender haze. "So I was originally going to do a cover of cornelia street by taylor swift" I start.

I step back as they scream. "But I've decided to do a cover of a newer taylor swift song" I continue and start strumming my guitar and I do the best cover I can do and they go nuts.

After I finish soundcheck I sit on the edge of the stage "so my lovely manager had you all put your questions into this jar" I say. "I'm going to read them and answer them I guess" I continue. 

We have a lot of fun interacting for the next half an hour and then I'm off to get changed and ready for the actual show. "That was so good" isla gushes. "Yeah?" I ask. "So good" jordyn agrees. "Definitely" emma says. "Perfection" felicity says.

Once I'm in the dressing room I sit down and go on my phone while my hair and makeup ladies start working on me.

Jack hughes has followed you on Instagram

Jack hughes liked your post

Jack (best in Jersey)

Ready for tonight?

Liv

So ready

Just a few minutes later I'm flooded with more follower notifications. Luke and quinn hughes, trevor zegras and a few others that are probably friends with Jack.

My opener goes on for 20 minutes and she does great then it's my turn. "Hey New York how are you doing tonight?" I ask. "Good!" They all shout. I look around the venue and spot jack with Luke and nico. "That's great this is my 3rd ever show in New York" I say.

In my first tour i had to add a second date but it was a smaller venue so I didn't have to this time around. They go wild and I smile as the music for my first song starts.

My hour long set list goes by and now it's time for the cover. "So recently the medias wanted to comment on my relationship status and to that I just wanna say that I'm still single and hope you like this cover of lavender haze by taylor swift" I say strumming the guitar.

Looking out into the crowd I see jack nodding along as I sing along and I move my eyes around so they don't realize that I was staring at Jack.

After I finish I put the guitar away and talk for a couple minutes before saying bye and going backstage. "Olivia that was amazing" Anthony says. "I tried" I reply.

"You did great" jordyn says. I smile and put my hair up "thank you" I reply and start changing. As I finish up there's a knock on the door so I open it slowly and see jack on the other side with luke and nico.

I let them in and they look around awkwardly "thanks for coming" I thank Jack. "Yeah of course i had fun" he says. "Yeah?" I ask. "He was singing along" luke says.

Jack turns pink and I giggle "you know my songs?" I ask. "All he listened to today was your music" Luke says exposing Jack. "That's cute jack" I say. He blushes "I wanted to know what I was getting myself into" he says. "Well its cute" I reply.

As soon as I'm done changing we all leave as a group. Unfortunately there's paparazzi outside and they capture photos of jack behind me with his hand on my lower back.

We split up in the parking lot after getting away from paparazzi and jack promises to text when he's in another city tomorrow. I'll be in Jersey for another show.

Now I need to figure out what cover I'm going to do. But I know exactly what song I'm covering and im sure fans will figure out why I'm doing a cover of enchanted.

______________________________

Hope ya enjoyed

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 3.6K 72
in which, a famous worldwide singer finds out a professional hockey player followed her.
434K 4.1K 68
We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weekend.
89.5K 978 28
stella zegras, twin sister of trevor zegras, navigates her way through the ups and downs of being the only female on the new jersey devils, or any nh...
12.6K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ ☆.。.:* .。.:*☆ A American Hockey player and a American figure...