| Wish Upon a Shooting Star |...

By lavrose762

Tommy has spent plenty of time with Dream. Too much time if you asked him. His adoptive "father". If Dream... More

01- in which a boy hates his "caretaker"
02- In which Tommy's sleep is interupted by the caretaker he hates
03- In which Tommy moves away from his old, shitty home
05- In which three button eyed freaks decide they are going to adopt Tommy
06- In which the old ladies in the apartment down the stairs read tea leaves
07- In which Tommy makes a friend
08- In which time goes by
09- In which there is family bonding
10- In which Tommy runs.
11- Wish Upon a Shooting Star
Bonus- The boys of Pink Palace
Bonus 2- Closure

04- In which Tommy's new house has an odd little door

310 7 0
By lavrose762

Tommy woke up to the sound of a car door slamming. When he opened his eyes, the car was parked next to a large pink and white house. So this was what Pink Palace Apartments looked like. It didn't look like shit, which was already a step up from the old house that Tommy hated so much.

          He opened the car door and got out. As soon as he did, Dream shoved his bag into his hands. Dream then motioned for Tommy to follow him and began talking about the house.

        "The movers got here before us somehow, so the house already has furniture in it. Don't spill anything on the furniture. It was expensive and so was the house."

Tommy just nodded along with what he was saying and tuned out the rest of his long-ass speech. The house was too big for Dream to have bought the entire thing, so he assumed that the place was split up into smaller homes.

Dream and Tommy walked to a porch area by the back of the house and Dream went up to the door to unlock it.

As Dream unlocked the door, Tommy noticed a second key was on the chain. This key was black and had a button at the end. Tommy wondered what kind of a door needed a key like that. He shrugged it off when Dream finally learned how to unlock the door and let them in.

         The place was dusty as fuck, to say the least. The furniture in the shed was there too (also dusty) and looked like it used to belong to Dream's great-grandmother. The house was extremely creaky too, the moment they began walking the house started making the loudest creaking noise Tommy had ever heard.

Tommy frowned at this realization, it would be hard to sneak around in this house without Dream knowing about it. He would have to be careful to do so.

Speaking of Dream, he was looking at Tommy with an odd look in his eyes. Was it hatred? Malice?

Tommy didn't have any more time to think about what this look was because Dream grabbed him and slammed him head-first into the wall. Startled, Tommy dropped his bag which was the only thing stopping him from getting a face full of wall.

Immediately, Tommy felt a sharp pain in his nose, and some warm liquid began flowing out of it. Dream let go of him and Tommy immediately reached up to wipe what was coming out of his nose. When he held his hand back and away from his face, he let out a little gasp. Blood.

"That's for the rule you broke." he heard Dream said coldly.

______

Tommy felt like either crying or cursing Dream out. After Dream left him alone, he'd gone and found a bathroom to check on his nose in. After some careful inspection, he discovered it was broken. Which was fucking great because Dream would never take him to the doctor to fix it.

The bleeding stopped after he shoved some tissue up his nose, which he was grateful for. So now for the other problem. Where would his room be? He didn't want to ask Dream, (he earned a broken nose from asking a question in the car earlier) so what would he do?

After some thinking, he decided to just pick a room. Tommy went through the many rooms on the first floor before picking a smaller one that he didn't think Dream would get mad at him for picking.

This room had an actual bed which was better than Tommy's old room, but it was almost just as cold. After doing more touring the house on the first floor, (Dream was on the second floor and Tommy didn't want to see that fucker) he went to the kitchen.

He discovered there weren't any locks on the cabinets, (not yet at least) but there was also no food in them either.

When he finished looking at the cabinets he found the chain with the keys on the counter. Dream must have put it there before going upstairs.

The black button key was still there. Tommy had been through every room on the first floor and hadn't seen a door that would need that key. All except one.

The living room was a few doors from the kitchen, and Tommy didn't feel like going in there earlier because it smelt like someone's grandma in there. Tommy wondered if there was a door in there that would need the key, and he wanted to know.

So he walked from the kitchen to the living room and glanced around it. He frowned when there was no door he could see in there either. Well, that was until he spotted something behind an armchair.

He strode up to it and peeked behind it, to see a small door. He furrowed his eyebrows before whispering; "What kind of a room does such a small door lead to?"

Nonetheless, he went back to the kitchen and took the button key. He then moved the armchair in the living room and inspected the keyhole of the small door. They seemed like they would be a good fit. So he inserted the key and turned it.

A satisfying click was heard and Tommy pulled the key out and opened the small door excitedly.

He was utterly disappointed though, when it opened to a brick wall. why have a door that leads to nothing? He thought.

Annoyed and disappointed, he closed the door and locked it again before moving the armchair back into place. He then went back to the kitchen and stared at the chain that held the key to the house.

He didn't feel like parting with the key. What if he kept the key and hid it under his bed?

Dream won't notice.

Tommy dropped the key into his pocket.

_____

The rest of the day went as well as it can when you have a broken nose. Dream was in a rather pleasant mood after coming downstairs from whatever he was doing, and told Tommy to go in his room. That was at nine o'clock.

It had been two hours since then, and Tommy was still awake. He had a feeling he would be up all night again.

He could hear Dream snoring from upstairs. It was annoying the shit out of him.

He'd been listening to the asshole snore since ten and was thoroughly annoyed after thirty minutes of it, but had no choice but to deal with it.

Tommy was daydreaming about hitting Dream with a baseball bat until he stopped snoring when he heard a squeak. What the fuck?

He propped himself up on his elbow to look at the floor, where the noise was coming from. Rats. Fucking rats. Literally.

There were three of the little shits and one was holding the button key he put under his bed. Once the little nuisances noticed he was looking at them., they scurried out of the open door of his room with his key. Tommy paused, shocked before bewilderedly whispering, "The little shits took my key."

He threw the thin covers of his bed off before hurriedly (and quietly) chasing the little craps to the living room. Oddly enough, once he was there, they dropped the key on the floor and scurried off into one of those little rat holes in the walls.

Am I fucking high?

Tommy just stared at the key resting on the ground before picking it up and glancing at where the small door was. He was sure this was a dream because when do rats ever take your keys and lead you to a room, except for in dreams?

Well, if it is a dream, it can't hurt to try the door again. With that thought in mind, he crossed the room, moved the armchair, and got down on his knees him front of the door.

He inserted the key and turned it. click.
He swung the door open, fully expecting the same brick wall as earlier that day.

But was shocked when it wasn't there. In place of the brick wall, there was a tunnel. It was all sorts of blues and purples and black swirling around and around. It seemed to be glowing too.

Tommy was now sure he was either high on drugs or dreaming. So he pinched himself, and it hurt. So high drugs it is.

He just stared at this tunnel for a little while before having the most amazing idea he's ever had. Why don't I go through it?

Before he could convince himself this was a bad idea, he began to crawl through the tunnel, making sure to close the door behind him and to bring the button key with him.

He crawled for some time, presumably a few minutes, before seeing another small door. He crawled faster when he saw it and reached it in another minute.

Tommy gently pushed on the door when he reached it and it swung open easily. He crawled into the room, shut the small door, and stood up to inspect the room.

It was a library. The first thing he noticed was that there was a door leading to other parts of the house, but it was closed.

The shelves were white and went from the ceiling to the floor. Every shelf had enough books to fill it, most being on Greek mythology and other history. The rest of the majority were romance, and the rest were mystery and fighting strategy.

There was an elegant couch in the middle of the room that was a cream color and had some pillows that looked very soft on it. There was also a fluffy red blanket that was crumpled in the corner and had a book on top of it. The title of the book was; The Tale of Theseus. Tommy assumed it was more Greek mythology going off of the weird ass name.

There was also a fluffy white carpet with a black coffee table on top of it. All the coffee table held was a mug with tea in it. Still hot, Tommy thought. It was sort of odd because there was no one in the room with the tea.

The room had a fireplace, with a painting of a beautiful landscape above it. On the fireplace were some photos of who probably lived there. They all had the same three people in them.

A man who seemed older than the other two in the photo, but shorter with blond hair up to his shoulders. He was wearing something black and green, Tommy couldn't see most of it. He had an emerald necklace he was wearing. He had a fatherly smile on his face, he seemed happy with the other two.

The person next to him has light pink hair which was in a braid that Tommy couldn't see the length of, but assumed it was very long. He was wearing a pink hoodie that was a bit darker than his hair and some gold earrings, which held emeralds on them. He wore no expression on his face, but Tommy thought he looked sort of content.

The last person was wearing a red beanie which brown hair was sticking out of. He wore a yellow sweater that looked like it was knitted by someone. He wore a cheerful smile on his face. However, he wasn't wearing anything emerald that Tommy could see.

But there was something odd about the portrait. In place of eyes, each person in the photo had buttons. The blond man had blue, the pink-haired man had red and the brown-haired man had brown. Their ears were also pointed. Like elves in those fantasy shows that Tommy used to watch.

This creeped Tommy out a bit, but he liked the portrait nonetheless, he assumed these three were a family. Tommy wished he had a family that looked that happy with each other.

Tommy was dragged out of his thoughts by the door to the library opening. He jumped, startled by this sudden noise before turning around.

The pink-haired guy from the photo was standing looking at him, he was tall and was wearing the same pink hoodie as in the picture, with some black sweatpants and fluffy pink socks with pigs on them. The thing that unsettled Tommy, was the fact this guy had button eyes. The same as the portrait.

They stared at each other for a few moments before the pink-haired man spoke up in a deep monotone voice, "Who the hell are you?"

--------
2119 words
Hello! Lav, here
Chapter 04 is now done! This is the longest chapter so far, and Im pretty proud of it.
I just realized i spelt Tomathy in two different ways multiple times. I want to throw myself down the stairs.
Chapter 05 had been started and should be published in one to three days.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter,
Have a wonderful day! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 3.7K 12
မင်းတို့သိထားဖို့ရာ ငါ ပြောပြလိုက်ဦးမယ် ။ "ငါ့ယောက်ျားက ငါ့စကားတစ်ခွန်းဆိုတစ်ခွန်းပဲ" မင္းတို႔သိထားဖို႔ရာ ငါ ေျပာျပလိုက္ဉီးမယ္ ။ "ငါ့ေယာက္်ားက ငါ့စက...
16.9K 725 10
Everything Tommy ever had was taken from him. So if he had nothing, what else could be taken from him?
279K 38.5K 20
လက်တွေ့ဘဝနှင့် နီးစပ်ချင်ယောင်ဆောင်ခြင်း
31.5K 1.4K 29
~~~~~~~ Xisuma was an admin appointed by the Watchers. He is stuck under their control, and he hates every second of it. He's forced to let the watch...