04- In which Tommy's new house has an odd little door

Tommy woke up to the sound of a car door slamming. When he opened his eyes, the car was parked next to a large pink and white house. So this was what Pink Palace Apartments looked like. It didn't look like shit, which was already a step up from the old house that Tommy hated so much.

          He opened the car door and got out. As soon as he did, Dream shoved his bag into his hands. Dream then motioned for Tommy to follow him and began talking about the house.

        "The movers got here before us somehow, so the house already has furniture in it. Don't spill anything on the furniture. It was expensive and so was the house."

Tommy just nodded along with what he was saying and tuned out the rest of his long-ass speech. The house was too big for Dream to have bought the entire thing, so he assumed that the place was split up into smaller homes.

Dream and Tommy walked to a porch area by the back of the house and Dream went up to the door to unlock it.

As Dream unlocked the door, Tommy noticed a second key was on the chain. This key was black and had a button at the end. Tommy wondered what kind of a door needed a key like that. He shrugged it off when Dream finally learned how to unlock the door and let them in.

         The place was dusty as fuck, to say the least. The furniture in the shed was there too (also dusty) and looked like it used to belong to Dream's great-grandmother. The house was extremely creaky too, the moment they began walking the house started making the loudest creaking noise Tommy had ever heard.

Tommy frowned at this realization, it would be hard to sneak around in this house without Dream knowing about it. He would have to be careful to do so.

Speaking of Dream, he was looking at Tommy with an odd look in his eyes. Was it hatred? Malice?

Tommy didn't have any more time to think about what this look was because Dream grabbed him and slammed him head-first into the wall. Startled, Tommy dropped his bag which was the only thing stopping him from getting a face full of wall.

Immediately, Tommy felt a sharp pain in his nose, and some warm liquid began flowing out of it. Dream let go of him and Tommy immediately reached up to wipe what was coming out of his nose. When he held his hand back and away from his face, he let out a little gasp. Blood.

"That's for the rule you broke." he heard Dream said coldly.

______

Tommy felt like either crying or cursing Dream out. After Dream left him alone, he'd gone and found a bathroom to check on his nose in. After some careful inspection, he discovered it was broken. Which was fucking great because Dream would never take him to the doctor to fix it.

The bleeding stopped after he shoved some tissue up his nose, which he was grateful for. So now for the other problem. Where would his room be? He didn't want to ask Dream, (he earned a broken nose from asking a question in the car earlier) so what would he do?

After some thinking, he decided to just pick a room. Tommy went through the many rooms on the first floor before picking a smaller one that he didn't think Dream would get mad at him for picking.

This room had an actual bed which was better than Tommy's old room, but it was almost just as cold. After doing more touring the house on the first floor, (Dream was on the second floor and Tommy didn't want to see that fucker) he went to the kitchen.

He discovered there weren't any locks on the cabinets, (not yet at least) but there was also no food in them either.

When he finished looking at the cabinets he found the chain with the keys on the counter. Dream must have put it there before going upstairs.