Star Wars: Legacy of Darth No...

By GreenAsEnvy

When a Jedi Padawan discovers his heritage, relation to an ancient Sith Lord, the direction the galaxy takes... More

Unfit for Knighthood
Getting Away
Finding What Was Lost
A Night's End
A Conversation With Nox
Rakghouls, Doctors, and Bureaucrats, Oh My!
Getting Off Taris
Return to Coruscant
The Trial of Will
Meeting with the Council
To Level 1313
One Lightsaber Lost, Another Rebuilt
Training With Nox
The Sabaac Tournament
Arrival on Raxus
The Lines We Walk
Negotiating "Peace"
The Journey Back
Senate Speeches and Sith Justice
Don't Show Your Hand
Fixing (Some Of) Our Messes
The Council and Hunting
Fight at the Generators, A New Crewmate
Alone Again, Only Slightly Insane
Arrival on Mortis
Quick Note
Visitors of the Night
The Library of Mortis
Fight at the Son's Tower
Dark Side on the Rise
Visions of the Dark
The End of Mortis
Captured!
What Happened?
Disturbed Dreams
Cutting Room Floor: Overwatch
Dogma Days
Lightsaber Training
A Conversation, A Master's Research
A Master's Decision
Run Through The Temple
Escape and Dealing With Annoyances
Space Station Massacre
Discover the Past
Perfectly Legitimate Gains
AN 3/22/2024: HIATUS

Kyber and Community Service

1.4K 60 8
By GreenAsEnvy

Pseudo-bleed the Kyber. While he believed that the current color of his blade was the primary source of his hatred, he did not think he was ready for the temptations of a fully bled crystal. As such, to fully bleed him now would make him a hypocrite for what he had said before the Senate. And as for the risk that the color would remain the same? Well, that was simply a risk he had to take.

And so, (Y/N) knelt on the ground, focusing on the kyber crystal in front of him. He poured everything into it. His hatred of Windu, his fear of that the Senate might become if his fears are correct, but also his thankfulness to Master Che and Nox for helping him, his happiness at how much progress he has made since leaving the Jedi Order. (Y/N) could feel that the very nature of the crystal had changed. Where before there felt an urge to return to the Jedi, to simply speak to Yoda about Windu, now he felt only urging to follow what he believes to be right. No pull towards the Light or the Dark.

Knowing that the pseudo-bleed was complete, (Y/N) reassembled the Lightsaber without looking at the color of the crystal. He wanted it to be a surprise. Once he could feel that the Lightsaber was complete, (Y/N) opened his eyes. He grabbed his Lightsaber out of the air, inspecting it for any sort of flaws. There were none, so he turned it on.

When he did, the blade glowed a bright orange color, though it was a different orange color than the diplomats he had occasionally seen practice Form I and literally nothing else. However, whereas their blades were slightly translucent and often failed after only ten minutes of use, (Y/N)'s blade glowed like the fires of Mustafar. (Y/N) gave his new blade a few practice swings, finding that it wasn't different at all to what it was before. Satisfied, (Y/N) re-attached his Lightsaber to his belt, deactivated the soundproofing in the room, and walked out. He saw Ahsoka sitting on the couch, clearly bored out of her skull.

"Ugh, this place doesn't even have HoloNet access," she complained, not realizing (Y/N) was there.

"Well I've had other priorities, Ahsoka," (Y/N) chuckled, alerting her to his presence. When she turned her head towards him, he confirmed that they were ready to leave to help with the release efforts. When they reached the entrance to the spaceport, he booked an entrance to the Jedi Temple, figuring from there he would be told where to go. He was correct, as there were a few Clones instructing Jedi where to go

"Good to see you, Commander," the clone said. "I'm CT-1235, though the others call me Fibonacci. Currently tasked with aiding the relief efforts. You here to help?"

"Yes, I am," Ahsoka said. "As is my friend here. Just tell us where we're needed."

"Well, Commander, you're probably best served assisting us with comforting the refugees," Fibonacci explained. "As for your friend here, what're they good at?"

"Well, I've always been good with electronics," (Y/N) pointed out. "Hell, there was a rumor back home that I could charge a dead battery with just a touch."

"Perfect, we need you in the generators," Fibonacci said, pleased. "All I'm going to need is a name, sir."

"Of course, my apologies," (Y/N) conceded. "My name is Summanous Kallig."

"Thank you sir. Please head for that shuttle over there," Fibonacci said, pointing at a shuttle on the group's left. "As for you, Commander, that shuttle over there," pointing to the right.

"Thank you, Trooper," (Y/N) said before making his way to the assigned shuttles. When he entered, there were a few other workers sitting in the various seats of the shuttle. Most of them were dressed for radiation, however a select few were dressed differently from anyone else. One of them was a female cyborg with cybernetics in her spine, skull, and hair. She was wearing a lot of purple to match her hair and eyes. Another was a human woman in a normal doctor's coat, carrying some form of staff. Finally, there was what appeared to be some sort of droid with white outer plating, a blue face made of light, and wings on its back.

"Sombra, I already told you. I do not care what you do to our computers as long as you don't harm them or access patient data, but no messing with Echo, Ramattra, or Zen!" the doctor yelled at the cyborg. Clearly, she wasn't happy.

"Aw c'mon, Angela," Sombra replied. "Getting through every last file on your computers only took me a couple hours. At least Echo provides a challenge."

"If I may have a word," the droid, apparently named Echo, interrupted, "this arrangement seems to be mutually beneficial. Sombra gets her fun, and I get to test my security against the best slicer in the galaxy."

Angela sighed, accepting defeat. "Fine. If you consent to it, I cannot do anything to stop you. However, as a doctor, admittedly specializing in humans, I still feel the need to warn you against this." With that said, she stood up and approached the door to the cockpit, seemingly about to address everyone present.

"Hello everyone. My name is Dr. Angela Zeigler, codename Mercy," she announced. "We are here to determine the cause of the destruction, and also repair these generators so that we can end this blackout faster. All of the materials are already on site, we just need you all to direct the construction droids and help us assess the damage." However, as she was scanning the group of people assembled in the shuttle, she saw (Y/N) and saw what he was wearing. Radiation gear it was not. So, she sat down next to him and asked him why he was there.

"Well, I was directed towards this shuttle by the Clone Trooper out front," (Y/N) explained. "Told him I was good with electronic things, that there was a rumor going around where I was from. People claimed that I could charge a battery just by touching it."

"Ah, another slicer then?" Mercy asked. "Perfect. I'm going to have you go with Sombra into the control room of the sister generator. See if you can access the security camera recordings. And if what people say about you is true, then work your magic for the other generator. With that, we might be able to cut the mandated blackouts, which is good for everyone."

"Indeed, it is."

"Oh, right," Mercy remembered. "I never actually asked your name. Just in case the worst happens."

"Summanous Kallig, here to help," (Y/N) replied, continuing to use his fake name.

With all of that business sorted, the shuttle took off, heading towards the destroyed generator. It was to take them to the level of the metropolis that the generator exploded on. From there, they would be guided by a Clone Trooper escort to where they were needed. Sombra and (Y/N) would be escorted separately to the control room of the sister generator.

When the two arrived, Sombra immediately got to work getting into the systems of the generator. It wasn't long at all before she was able to root around in the camera logs of the generator that exploded, revealing the nature of the attack.

"Dios Mio," Sombra gasped. The recording showed that it was a suicide attack by droids, specifically a model never seen. They disguised themselves as cleaning droids to reach the generators, before transforming into something similar to the B2s. They massacred all of the workers tending to it, though one attempted to shoot one of the droids to little affect. Finally, once they were alone in the control room, the droids messed around some on the computers before combining in pairs to become bombs themselves.

"Well, at least we know what the attack looked like. Seems like the handiwork of Grievous,"(Y/N) suggested, before muttering, "and he's always been a bit of a loose cannon."

"What was that?"

"Nothing, let's get back to what we're here for," (Y/N) replied, turning to one of the screens in the generator's control room. "We know what happened, but now we have our other objective. Check the computers, we need to see what improvements can be made, if any, and make sure there's nothing leftover on the systems."

"Fine, fine," Sombra replied. "It looks like there's a program running here that shouldn't be. Normally the only executable running here is checking the status of the various pieces of the generators. But when I check the tasks running, there's another program. It'll take some time for me to figure out what it does, though, so why don't you keep going."

"Alright. So, what's running low on power?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, it looks like our current block of generators is exporting a lower amount of power, no surprise, but it's actually using more power than it's producing, and not just for the lights," Sombra replied. "I heard you and Mercy talking earlier. If what you told her is true, then maybe you can do something about it. Let's see... Ah! Here, at the main power converters. Give those whatever battery mojo you do, and we should have the fix."

"Alright, just give me directions."

When (Y/N) reached the main power converters for the group of generators, they seemed to be working fine. The power was flowing correctly, and they seemed to be entirely intact. Just to make sure this was correct, (Y/N) pressed his finger to his ear to activate the comm that Sombra gave him.

"Sombra, are you sure this is where the issue is? These power converters seem fine," (Y/N) told her.

"I'm entirely certain, pendejo. If this second program was messing with the numbers, I would have noticed by now. Alright, what secrets do you hide..." Sombra explained, returning towards her work.

"Alrighty then," (Y/N) conceded, as this was not his expertise, before sending bolts of lightning at the power converters. He made sure he wasn't sending in too much, though he couldn't do it for long. After only a couple of seconds, the alarms began blaring, indicating an electrical overload.

"¡Maldito hijo de puta!" (Y/N) overheard from his earpiece. Clearly, Sombra was not happy. "Good news, I figured out what the second program does. Bad news, it does exactly what I just told you it didn't. It was messing with the number reports, and it turns out the converters were just barely on the higher limit of fine. Whatever you did, you sent it above the safe limit. If we don't do something about this soon, this generator's about to become another bomb."

"Shit..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 8.9K 85
"War is all he's known, but with his return, a master of darkness shall rise once again". A Young and powerful, dark lord of the old sith empire, a b...
545K 12.9K 200
Kanan Ezra Zeb Kallus Maul Thrawn Rex
20.9K 580 20
What happens when a long dead extinct Race return to the Galaxy. The foundations of Republic and CIS will be disrupted by the sudden return but can t...
426K 8.1K 111
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi's padawan during the middle of the clone wars. After a battle that almost costs you your life, everything changes. Gender neut...