3rd & Long

By sf4949

Athletic trainer Nataly Casillas had 1 rule: don't date the players. But when she comes face to face with def... More

Cast
Chapter 1: Kickoff
Chapter 2: Pass Interference
Chapter 3: Holding
Chapter 4: False Start
Chapter 5: Unnecessary Roughness
Chapter 6: Neutral Zone Infraction
Chapter 7: Delay of Game
Chapter 8: Illegal Formation
Chapter 9: Intentional Grounding
Chapter 10: Hail Mary
Chapter 11: Encroachment
Chapter 12: Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Chapter 13: Offsides
Chapter 14: Taunting
Chapter 15: Two-Minute Warning
Chapter 17: Most Valuable Player
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Facemask

1.1K 20 0
By sf4949

The first sight that greeted Nat when she arrived at the infamous Sofi Stadium was superstar Dustin Haggard's face front and center, right above the entrance.

Good thing I won't be working with him.

It was a little less than a year ago that Nat was last at Sofi. From the look of it, the stadium had hardly changed. Sofi was sleek, modern, and had a certain quality to it that made Nat feel like she was stepping into the future of American football. Though her previous year working at Sofi still brought her painful memories, Nat was nevertheless feeling an excitement bubbling up at the idea of working here once more.

Nat scanned the screen by the entrance that was adorned with the most popular players on the Los Angeles Boars and she was able to pick out a few she recognized. There was the quarterback and a few wide receivers, but while Nat knew their faces, the names that went with them escaped her. In fact, there was only one player whose face was familiar that Nat felt she could confidently name. He was a linebacker who, while not immediately resembling his younger brother, bore a familiarity Nat could notice after staring at him long enough. There was no mistaking it- that was Jerry Bosa's face on the screen.

Thank God he doesn't look that much like Nick.

Nat turned to her left as she heard a man approaching her. He was tall with dark blonde hair cut short and his build seemed to suggest he once worked out a lot. However time had certainly passed, which showed in both his body and his face. The new man was clean shaven and had a few wrinkles near the corners of his eyes. Nat knew he was likely loaded with work and probably didn't have the time nor the desire to maintain his appearance beyond shaving in the morning.

"I'm going to assume you are miss Nataly Casillas. Did I pronounce that right?" The blonde man said to her in a surprisingly enthusiastic tone.

"Yes that's me and yes you did." Nat replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

The man took Nat's extended hand and gave it a light shake. "Awesome. I'm Jackson Tilly." He smiled at Nat putting her minor nerves at ease.

"Are you going to be my supervisor?" Nat asked, returning the smile.

"Yes I will. Don't worry though, we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other and talk. I've got a busy day planned for us. First things first: how about a tour of the place?"

Nat thought about telling him a tour wouldn't be necessary, but she was in no rush to get to her onboarding. "Lead the way boss" Nat threw out, and the two began walking side by side.

As they walked, Nat felt a vibration in her pocket. She glanced quickly and saw it was from Stef:

Stef: Let me know when you're done with your first day! I'm getting wine and face masks for tonight.

Nat put the phone away without her new boss noticing. It was now March and the 2022 season was behind her. Teams in the NFA were hard at work preparing for free agency and the upcoming draft. Stef managed to get interviews for the position of team assistant and now she was down to her top two. In a week, she would have to make a decision and then ship out of California, so any time she and Nat could spend together was precious.

Nat made a mental note to get back to Stef later as her new boss began telling her about the Boars' history and the deal made to bring them to Los Angeles. Formerly located in St. Louis, the Boars moved to LA around the time Sofi was being built. It was a difficult decision-making process, but ultimately the NFA decided to have the Boars and Lightning share the new stadium in a way to compromise, though truthfully it left both teams feeling shafted. Nat and Jackson walked through the facility and Jackson made sure to brag about the Boars recent Super Bowl victory. Nat remembered it well since she was working at Sofi the year it happened. The Boars were on fire that season, but once they got their ring, the team went up in ashes, and this year they had a hard time making anything happen.

"Alright we're just gonna make our way through the weights room and then we'll stop for a bit and you could get yourself some coffee or something." Jackson announced. The two walked silently through some more hallways giving Nat time to process everything.

Everything's going to be okay Nataly. You made the right choice. LA is where you belong, this team has a shot to go to the Super Bowl again. You're going to be okay. You made the right choice.

I hope I made the right choice.

The pair entered the weights room and Nat was surprised to see a few players working out.

"What are the players doing here? Shouldn't they be at home?" Nat asked.

"Oh yeah, I mean they'll probably head home soon. Some of the players were sticking around because the staff wanted to make sure they were okay. You don't have to worry about that though, you won't be handling anything with them." Jackson answered dismissively.

As they walked around Jackson introduced her to the players who were there. Nat tried her best to remember each of their names, but she knew with her memory it was a losing battle. She would have to research the team roster later. They were just about to finish up when Jackson spotted two guys he seemed to be close with. His face lit up when seeing them and Nat felt awkward tagging along, but something about one of them seemed awfully familiar. The short brown hair, the impressive quad muscles, and the bearded chin with the pointy nose had been burned in Nat's memory, and the only reason she didn't collapse in shock was because secretly she had hoped this would happen.

Just not this soon.

"Wow Nataly, you have some luck! This guy is almost never here, but he decided to grace us with his presence. Not just his presence but his brother too. Or should I say the defensive player of the year. Nataly, it is my honor to introduce the best brother duo in the NFA, Jerry and Nick Bosa!"

Nat's eyes were glued to Nick's, but it was Jerry who extended his hand first. "Nice to meet you Nataly."

Nat shook his hand trying not to show on the outside how shaken she was feeling on the inside. "Nice to meet you too Jerry. I'm the new athletic trainer. We may be seeing a lot of each other this fall."

Jerry smiled at her and as Nat looked at his face, she was still unsure how he managed to look so different from his brother. Sure, the long hair that went to his shoulders certainly played a factor, and the different colored eyes didn't help either. But seeing both of them next to each other, the only immediate thing they had in common were their absolutely massive physiques.

There was a silence following Jerry's introduction that went on so long things started to feel awkward. Almost in sync, both Nat and Nick realized the reason it was so quiet was because Jerry and Jackson were waiting for the two of them to make their introductions. Nat looked at Nick and saw him smile weakly, but the look on his face was the same wistful one he gave her for 6 months straight.

Nat extended her hand first. "Nataly Casillas, pleasure to meet you." She said with a smile on her face and rose blush on her cheeks.

Nick took her hand in his softly before firming his grasp. "Nicholas Bosa. But you can call me Nick."

The two shook hands for far longer than they should've, but Nat couldn't help but feel reignited by the touch of Nick's hands after not seeing him for a month. The last time they spoke, they decided it would be for the best for Nat to work on another NFA team. They settled on Jeff Giordano's offer to join him on the Las Vegas Pirates. That way Nat could be close enough to California, she'd have a familiar face going into the season, and since the next Super Bowl was going to be held there, Nick was confident he would have an excuse to visit her. So Nat knew very well that he would have a thousand questions as to why she was in Los Angeles, being shown around by an employee on the Boars.

Once their handshake broke, it was Jerry who spoke up after noticing the clear tension in the room.

"Uh hey Jack, uh, I had something I wanted to tell you about my rehab. Do you mind talking for a bit?" Jerry stammered out.

"Oh? Right now's not great, I'm showing the new girl around. What about in an hour or two?" Jackson returned.

Jerry and Nick made eye contact and Jerry quickly turned his head back and crossed his arms. 

"Uhhh, it's really important actually and it can't wait. Please, it won't take too long."

Jackson looked at Jerry suspiciously but decided to buy whatever he was being sold. "Alright Bosa, I'll see what you want. Nataly, do you mind waiting here for me? Lucky you gets to talk to the best defensive player in the league."

Nat let out a small laugh. "Yeah that's fine. I'm sure me and him can find something to talk about." Nat looked over at Nick and saw he was chuckling to himself too.

"Great, thanks!" Jackson then walked off with Jerry and Nat watched until they had made it outside the weights room. Now alone, she turned to face Nick who had his arms crossed and was studying her. Nat could see the small signs of a smile he was resisting.

"Soooo... it's weirdly cold today isn't it? Guess we could use the rain though."

Nick just kept looking at her. Then abruptly started talking.

"So when did you get a job with the Boars?" Nick said, letting the grin take over his face.

Well at least he started the conversation. Nat felt the butterflies stronger than ever, but all she could do was come clean and hope Nick understood why she did what she did.

"Remember a few weeks ago when we decided I should go to Las Vegas? Yeah well that same day I got a call to interview with the Boars and I didn't see the harm in it. One thing led to another and well, I got hired! Isn't that exciting?" Nat said though she felt the power in her voice trail off towards the end.

Nick put his hands on his hips now. "If you wanted a job with the Boars you could have just told me. My brother would've hooked you up and skipped the whole interview process."

"Right, well I wasn't sure I wanted to work with them until they offered me the position. Plus I thought it would be a nice surprise for you"

"Surprise? So when were you thinking about telling me?"

Nat sighed as she stared into his beautiful brown eyes. Seeing him in person served a powerful reminder of just how good looking he was.

"Today's barely my first day. I was going to wait until OTA's started to let you know."

Nick laughed and scratched his chin. His face was beaming and Nat knew that he wasn't mad or even upset about this sudden change of plans. This calmed the butterflies, but Nat knew she still had more explaining to do.

"Nick... I thought about it and I'm just not sure I want to leave California. I love it here and when I realized there was still one more team I hadn't tried working for, I figured it was worth the shot. Plus working here, I knew you could visit your brother a couple of times meaning we could still see each other. It would still be a long distance, but not as long of a distance. It just made sense. I hope you understand. I didn't want to make this decision without you but this is what felt right."

Nick looked at Nat for a moment then suddenly moved forward and embraced Nat in a big bear hug. He stroked her hair for a bit then leaned over to her ear.

"I'm so glad you're here. I was honestly scared I would lose you to one of those Vegas players." Nick pulled away and looked straight into Nat's eyes. "I just want you to be happy Nat and if this makes you happy, then I'm okay with it."

Nat smiled and leaned in to kiss Nick before remembering this was technically her place of work. She stopped herself and batted her eyelashes at him instead, hoping it would make up for it.

"Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you Bosa. Thanks." This time it was her who did her best to envelop him in a hug.

"Nat, one day I hope you realize you deserve everything you've ever wanted." He said with a smirk. "And I hope you still want me."

"Of course. 1000%. Does your brother know about us?"

"Oh he's going to. I think he's gonna like being able to go on a double date with me now."

Nat noticed Nick looking to the back and she turned and saw Jerry and Jackson walking back towards them. Nat turned to Nick to finish their conversation.

"How long are you going to be here for?" Nat asked.

"Just for a few more days. Jerry's done with rehab and we were going to head back to Florida together. You're still welcome to join." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Sorry babe. I need to stay here and help the team prepare for the draft. Can't go jetting off to the other side of the country."

Nick nodded but Nat could see he was a little disappointed by her answer. He looked into her eyes again and Nat saw his tongue stick out the side of his mouth. I hate it when he does that, he's such a tease.

"I get it. You gotta do your best after all. You think you see yourself coming back to the bay?" Nick asked coolly.

"Ha, I mean if Callaghan were okay with it. I know Raf's going to take over Stoll's job so maybe he can butter him up for me."

"Oh? You didn't tell me your friend was coming back. That's interesting..."

"Nick? Don't get any ideas-"

Jackson and Jerry approached right at this moment. Jackson seemed confused by whatever Nat and Nick were talking about, while Jerry gave a smirk to his brother.

"What ideas was Nick getting?" Jerry directed towards Nat.

"Oh it's nothing, I just told him my friend was actually starting up as an athletic trainer with the Pioneers."

"Oh that's right, you came to us from the Pioneers! Can't believe I forgot that." Jackson Tilly laughed. "So you and Bosa probably know each other pretty well huh?"

Nat looked at Nick whose eyes never left her. "Something like that," she said.

...

"So then what did he say?"

"Nothing, he just laughed a bit more then we finished the tour and started orientation."

"Did you see Nick again?" Stef asked while slowly moving her head towards Nat, making sure her sheet mask didn't slip.

"Nope. I know he's still in town though, we've been texting all day." Nat said, resting her head back on the living room couch.

The two girls sat side by side while soft music played in the background. At first Nat was skeptical at how a self care day would look in her childhood house, but to her surprise Stef had managed to create a nice ambiance. There were several candles lit around the room and Stef picked up a nice bottle of rosé the two were sharing. All in all, Nat was already feeling recharged.

"Tell him if he really loved you he would bring us some tacos."

Nat laughed, "Do you really want him ruining our girls night?"

"He wouldn't be ruining it if he brought food. Or showed up shirtless."

Nat slapped her friend's arm who laughed.

"I'm just playing, just playing. I'm about to go find my own sexy football player. Pretty soon we're both gonna be WAGs. "

"You're going to be a WAG, I'm going to be an athletic trainer. And with luck I'll have Raf's position hopefully in the next few years." Nat said while taking in the fresh scent of mahogany from the candles.

"Technically I'm going to be a team assistant. Still seems like I'm just a glorified intern but hey, at least my coworkers are gonna have big butts and six packs."

"Yolanda had a big butt" Nat teased.

"Yeah she also had a big mouth. I'm still not over how she told the whole fucking office I was leaving to work for the NFA. She's always getting into other people's business. I was supposed to keep working this month but my boss suggested I 'resign'. Honestly I'm looking forward to working with men who have more muscles than brain cells."

"You know, you're never going to get a NFA boyfriend if you keep acting like they're all dumb. Some of them are actually pretty smart. They'll surprise you."

"Right, well I'll be sure to avoid the smart ones. You know I love dumb jocks. I just need a guy who is slow enough to need me but so crazy about me that he makes sure I never have to work another day in my life. Ahhhhhh" Stef's sigh briefly reverberated through the room. "Imagine this being our daily lives. Tell me it isn't tempting."

Nat sighed as well. "It is tempting, but I feel like I'd get bored if this was all I did. I need more stimulation than this. Relaxing every day seems more like it's for old people so it can be something I look forward to when I'm my mom's age."

"You are going to be my age one day, and I will be laughing from heaven." Nat's mom's voice filled the room as she entered while wearing a face mask of her own. She took a seat on the armchair and leaned her head back, letting herself get soothed by the atmosphere in the living room.

"Don't listen to her Ms. Casillas. You don't look a day over 30." Stef threw out as Nat slapped her arm again.

"Thank you Stefany. See Nat? She's nice. That's why she got a job with... who was it Stefany?"

Stef shifted on the couch and Nat knew this was a decision her friend had not yet made.

"I'm still thinking about it. I'm balancing two offers. Honestly I don't know much about either team, but they both seem like they'll be solid options."

"Which team has the cuter players?" Nat asked.

"Not sure yet. I still need to go through the whole rosters. But I'm not only gonna focus on that. I'm also looking into which one I think is more likely to go to the super bowl. Who knows, we might even run into each other there next year." Stef said while playfully pushing Nat's shoulder.

"Well Stefany, you make sure you visit okay? Nataly didn't visit me this whole year and she was only in San Francisco."

"The nerve!" Stef said overdramatically.

"I know! And she still hasn't brought her handsome boyfriend. I don't know where I went wrong..."

"Alright alright" Nat took off her mask and placed it on the coffee table. "Let's focus on helping Stef make a decision."

"Ugh, 5 more minutes please! You know you're supposed to leave these on longer than it says on the package." Stef whined.

"No 5 minutes Stef, come on." Before Nat could finish her thought, she felt her phone start to vibrate. It was a message from her new boss:

Jackson Tilly: Hey I know this is going to sound strange, but we need you here ASAP. We have a player emergency.

"What the? My boss just said he needs me at the stadium for a player emergency?" Nat looked at the other women who were blissfully resting.

"It's too late. Tell him you'll go tomorrow." Nat's mom waved off.

"Hmm" He wouldn't be texting me like this if it weren't serious.

"Well I think you should go check it out, then bring tacos on the way back." Stef said. Her eyes were closed, otherwise she would've noticed the look Nat was giving her.

Before Nat could get too lost in thought, she began receiving a phone call. It was Raf.

"Raf? What's up?" Nat asked, trying not to get the residue from the mask onto her phone.

"Nat, listen. You need to come down to Sofi right now. I'm here and uh... well we just need your help."

"Raf, is everything okay? What's this about? My boss just texted asking me the same thing."

"Yeah... listen it's nothing to be scared of. We just need you here now. How long will it be?"

Nat looked over at her mom and Stef who both seemed glued to their spots. Whatever it is can't take too long. Plus I'm starting to get hungry too.

"Alright Raf. I'll be there in half an hour." With that Nat hung up the phone.

"Are you actually going?" Stef asked, removing her own face mask.

"Duty calls. Pay close attention, this is going to be you in a few months." Nat said as she went to her room to get dressed and see just what was going to be awaiting her at Sofi stadium.

...

The facility was still brightly lit which gave Nat an unnerving feeling considering how empty it was. She tried calling Raf again when she got there but he wasn't answering. As she walked the halls of the once familiar stadium, she let her mind race, wondering what sort of emergency would warrant her to be there so late, especially considering this was still technically her first day.

What the hell is Raf doing here? He works for the Lightning. Why would the Boars be talking to a Lightning trainer? None of this makes sense. I'm not going to get kidnapped am I?

Nat made sure to send her location to Stef as she continued making her way to her boss's office. She had sent Raf a few messages but he hadn't responded. She continued walking, passing up all kinds of pictures and posters that reminded her of where she was about a year ago.

Man, I really have come such a long way. I remember when I couldn't even walk around here without bursting into tears. It's funny, I used to care so much about Dustin and our relationship. Now I have a new one. One that's better than mine and Dustin's ever was. I really wish I was still in San Francisco. They never made me show up in the middle of the night at their facility. Maybe I should have asked Nick if he could come with me.

As Nat picked up her phone getting ready to call Nick, she got a response from Raf:

Raf: We're on the field. Come over here, it should be open.

Why are they on the field?? Don't tell me some dumbass player was doing exercises this late. Don't they get it, the season is over and their body needs to rest. Stef might be right, some of these guys really aren't that smart.

Nat made her way down to the field as fast as she could. She still knew her way around the stadium, so it didn't take long for her to make it to the tunnel. Sure enough, everything was open like Raf told her, but Nat still found it strange how empty it was. Besides the security guard at the entrance, it was completely vacant inside. Things still didn't add up to Nat.

Once she exited the tunnel, she saw all the lights shining brightly. As for the field itself, all Nat could see was a table in the middle with what looked like somebody sitting at one of the chairs. Nat scanned around and didn't see Raf, Jackson, or anybody else. This was beginning to get very unnerving.

And that was when the figure sitting at the table noticed her and shouted:

"Nat!"

That voice... it can't be...

"Nataly Casillas!"

Nat began talking wary steps forward. She knew exactly who that voice belonged to. The man stood up and began waving his huge arms. Getting closer, Nat could see a familiar looking suit and tie. She was positive she had seen this exact outfit on a boat several months ago. She knew the body it was on, knew the voice beaming out to her, and suddenly, she knew exactly why she had been summoned to the stadium in such a random manner.

Once Nat was at the table, she saw two plates accompanied with utensils over a white table cloth. She stared at the giant man before her, who was holding a single rose this time, smiling at her with that million dollar grin that sent shockwaves through Nat's body effortlessly. She wasn't sure when Nick looked his best: in his uniform, after a workout, naked, but she knew that seeing him in a suit was now a contender.

"Nicholas John Bosa. Just what exactly is going on here." Nat asked, almost breathless.

"I had some business I wanted to discuss with you. I figured it would be best to talk about it where you work."

Nick walked over and pulled the chair out for Nat. She felt a little awkward as she sat down because she was wearing an old black hoodie of hers while her hair was put up in a ponytail. Compared to Nick, she was far too casual, but the way he was looking at her, she might as well have been wearing a Mugler gown.

Nick took his seat across from Nat and cleared his throat.

"Nat, I can't believe I let a month go by without seeing you in person. You're beautiful."

Nat smiled, allowing herself to get flustered by the compliment. "You stole my line, Bosa. Look at you, somehow seeing this suit for the second time makes it look even better."

Nick laughed. "Yeah I don't have many suits. I had to get this one tailor made."

Nat laughed, eyeing his broad shoulders, huge arms, and buff chest. She understood fully well why Nick wouldn't have a diverse wardrobe.

Nick spoke again, "The food should be coming in a bit. Sorry for doing it this way. I had Jerry ask your boss if he could send you a message in exchange for an autograph of mine. I got Raf's number from Ellie. He agreed to help me out once I told him what I planned."

"And what exactly do you have planned?" Nat asked, trying her best to sound alluring.

"You'll see." Nick winked. "Here comes our food now."

Nick pointed behind Nat and she saw a golf cart quickly approach them. Once it was close enough, Nat could recognize her childhood friend in the driver's seat, but it was the older woman holding two covered plates next to him that got Nat's attention more. Once the cart was right next to the table, it stopped and Raf and the woman got out.

"I can't believe this..." Nat started in disbelief, "Raf, what is your mom doing here???"

Raf approached the pair with his mom right behind. "Well, I could tell you why she's here, but I'm sure your boyfriend would rather handle that one." He gave Nick a quick handshake while his mom put the plates on the table, one for Nat and one for Nick.

"Nataly, it is good to see you again. You look smarter and more beautiful than last time." Mama Lopez said with watery eyes and a firm smile.

"Oh Mama Lopez..." Nat stood up from her chair and gave the older woman a strong hug. Nat hadn't had the chance to see her yet since she was still recovering her strength from all of the treatment.

"Okay okay, hurry the food is going to get cold." Mama Lopez told her.

Mama Lopez lifted the coverings and Nat's mouth instantly began to water. The sight alone was appetizing, but the smell of fresh meat, cheese, and sauce all bathed together spoke directly to Nat's rumbling stomach. There was no mistaking the sight before her- it was Mama Lopez's famous enchiladas.

Nat immediately fell to her seat and took a big whiff of the plate. "Oh my God, is this real? I can't believe it, I haven't had these in forever!" Nat tried with all her might to resist digging into the plate. Honestly had Nick not been there, she would've been pigging out.

Mama Lopez laughed, "Your boyfriend tell me to make this for you. He is so sweet, Nataly you have a good man. A really good man." Mama Lopez smiled at him.

"Nick, you did this?" Nat looked at him with her own eyes watering. Whether it was out of emotion for the sweet gesture Nick made or for the pain of resisting the delectable plate in front of her she wasn't sure.

"Yeah I remember you telling me about how amazing they are. I had to see it for myself." Nick picked up his fork and took a bite of the food. "HMMMMMM" He let out a moan letting Nat know his taste buds immediately began to savor the cheesy goodness that was awaiting her too.

Nat followed suit quickly and took a bite of her food as well. Instantly she felt the kick of the sauce, followed by the richness of the cheese and the savoriness of the meat. As Nat chewed, the flavors only intensified, dancing an elaborate number over her tongue. By the time she swallowed the bite, she immediately felt its absence and her tongue cried to her brain begging for another bite. Despite everything Mama Lopez had gone through, her cooking skills remained immaculate.

"What do you think?" Mama Lopez asked Nick.

"I think I have an opening for a new personal chef. Are you available?" Nick asked with a huge smile.

Mama Lopez laughed. "Sorry, I don't work anymore. But my son, I'm teaching him how to make it. He will take good care of you."

Nat looked at Raf and saw him begin to blush. Raf straightened his posture and said "Alright well that's all we're here to do. We'll get out of your hair." Raf pat Nat's shoulder then waved at Nick as he and his mom got back in the golf cart and drove away. Nat and Nick continued to eat, but once the cart was officially off the field, Nat decided to speak up.

"Nick, I can't believe you did all this. This has to be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." Nat said in awe.

Nick looked over at her, smiling as he chewed. Once he was done he said, "I told you, you deserve everything you've ever wanted, Nasty Nat."

Every muscle in Nat's body froze as she felt her eyes bulge out. She absentmindedly stared at her plate trying to process what she just heard. Once she did, she looked at Nick who was now laughing harder than she had ever seen him do before.

"Raf was right, totally worth it." He said through laughs.

Nat wiped her mouth with the napkin and then stood up. "Alright, well this was fun. I'll text you when I get home, bye Nick."

Nick stood up as well, still laughing, "No, no. Sorry. I promise I won't bring it up again. Raf told me the story and I couldn't help myself. Please, sit."

Nat sat back down while thinking of ways she would get Raf back. As she and Nick finished their plates, Nat decided to ask the question that's been on her mind this whole time.

"Nick... I really enjoyed this, but why did you do it? This all just came out of the blue."

Nick wiped his mouth with his own napkin then started, "Well I actually did have some business I was meaning to talk to you about."

"Oh? What's going on?"

"Well you see, after running into you today at the gym, I got to thinking how seeing you with the Boars wasn't really doing it for me. Nataly, you're a Pioneer whether you like it or not."

"Um, okay." Nat responded. Where is he going with this?

"While it would be nice to see you and my brother every now and again, Jerry knows I don't like to share what's mine. If you're going to be treating any Bosa, it's going to be me."

"Oh?" Nat said, her heart beginning to race. "Technically I wouldn't be treating him. Tilly told me I was going to focus on the incoming players."

Nick laughed. "Doesn't matter. I don't want you out here. I don't want you anywhere I'm not."

Nat tugged on her hoodie as she felt a small breeze come through. She looked into Nick's brown eyes, "Nick we talked about this. I want to be on an NFA team and-"

"And I know that. I know. You want to be on a team and you can't be on the Pioneers. I get it." Nick said.

There was a brief silence where Nat wondered what was going to happen next, but the smile on Nick's face implied he was satisfied with where the conversation would go next.

"Earlier today I get a call. It's from Callaghan. He calls me wanting to talk about my contract and when I would be willing to negotiate with him and the team. I was going to tell him a date and that he should talk to my agent, but then I realized something. The Pioneers want me back no matter what. Callaghan even told me they would be willing to do anything."

Wait... Could he... Did he...?

Nick reached his hand out to grab Nat's.

"Nat, I've got some good news."

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading up to this point! I have had so much fun writing this story and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. The next update is going to be my last one, so I hope you don't mind if I take a little more time than usual to wrap everything up. I look forward to finishing this story with you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 11.4K 43
How not to get hurt in a relationship? How to get the guy crying over you and not the other way around? All good questions, which I found myself aski...
489K 10.1K 104
Reid Hatfield has always loved the game of football. He loves the teamwork, the thrill and hearing the crowd chant his name in the stadium. What guy...
80.2K 1.3K 43
✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* "Listen, please just make my job easy for the both of us okay?" I said sternly to Jimmy as he took off his sweaty tank top. "You're the o...
4.3K 830 29
My name is Ainsley Morris I'm 17 years old and am a junior in high school. I only have one secret that I keep from my best friend Lola Colt. That se...