𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 メ 𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘭�...

由 thatgirlophelia

Tatum, the only daughter of Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley, couldn't wait to leave the horrors of Woodsboro be... 更多

☾☼ rotten
☾☼ playlist
☼ chapter one
☾ chapter two
☼ chapter three
☾ chapter four
☾ chapter five
☼ chapter six
☾ chapter seven
☼ chapter eight
☼ chapter nine
☾ chapter ten
☼ chapter eleven
☾ chapter twelve
☾ chapter thirteen
☾ chapter fifteen
☼ chapter sixteen
☾ chapter seventeen
☼ chapter eighteen
☾ chapter nineteen
☼ chapter twenty
☼ chapter twenty-one
☾ chapter twenty-two
☾☼ epilogue
☾☼ sequel

☼ chapter fourteen

7.4K 174 287
由 thatgirlophelia

TATUM SITS CROSS-LEGGED ON ETHAN'S BED, SLURPING THE HOT NOODLES FROM THE STYROFOAM CUP. The aroma of the broth mixed with the warmth of the bed makes her feel safe and comfortable, and Ethan is sitting beside her, munching on a packet of chips.

They had spent the last hour under the covers, cuddled up like two spoons in a drawer, Ethan's arm wrapped around her waist, and she even managed to rest her eyes for a little bit.

She turns her head slightly to look at Ethan, who's staring at her with a soft smile. "What?" she asks, feeling a bit self-conscious.

"Nothing," Ethan replies, "Just looking, good looking."

Tatum smiles and turns back to her noodles, taking another bite. "You know," she says after a moment, "This is really good."

"I'm a pro at making instant noodles," Ethan chuckles.

She rolls her eyes. ''No, idiot, I mean us.''

Ethan nods in agreement, "Yeah, I know what you mean."

They both fall silent for a moment, enjoying the warmth and comfort of each other's company. Tatum leans back into Ethan's chest, feeling his heartbeat against her back. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, feeling content.

"Riley," Ethan says suddenly, "Why did you lie for me? I never called you from Econ."

Tatum's heart skips a beat as Ethan asks her about her lie. She knows she needs to come up with an answer quickly, but her mind is a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She thinks back to the moment when she decided to lie for him - it was an impulsive decision, born out of a desire to protect him from the harsh judgment of her friends. She remembers the way he looked at her with gratitude in his eyes, and the feeling of warmth that spread through her body at that moment.

But now, faced with his question, she begins to wonder if she made the right choice. Should she have been more honest with her friends? Was it really worth risking her safety to protect someone she barely knew? Tatum feels a sense of unease wash over her as she realizes that she doesn't have a good answer to Ethan's question. She knows that she needs to be honest with him, but she doesn't want to disappoint him or make him feel like she regrets her decision.

Despite her doubts, Tatum takes a deep breath and meets Ethan's gaze. "I lied because I wanted to protect you," she says simply. "I wanted them to see you for who you really are."

They both fall silent again, just enjoying the feeling of being close to each other. Tatum takes another bite of her noodles, feeling the warmth spread through her body. She feels safe, loved, and content, for the first time in a really long time.

Maybe ever.

Tatum giggles, feeling a sense of ease around Ethan. It's not something she's used to feeling around people, but she's comfortable with him. She asks, "Oh, hey, forgot to ask, how does it feel to not be at risk of dying a virgin anymore?"

Tatum can see the blush creeping up his neck, and it makes her want to kiss him senseless. 

"Well, I can tell you it feels pretty damn good," Ethan replies, causing Tatum to laugh even more.

She smiles, "Glad to hear it."

He rubs the back of his neck, and nearly whispers, his voice soft and hesitant, ''But you know that being with you is more than just... that. Right?"

Tatum takes his hand in hers, squeezing it gently. "I know," she says, her tone firm. "We're real."

Her phone starts buzzing, interrupting the peaceful moment between her and Ethan. She picks it up to find a bunch of texts from Chad, urging them to go meet them in Central Park as soon as possible. Apparently, Detective Bailey and Kirby have come up with a plan to finally catch Ghostface.

Tatum feels a jolt of adrenaline as she reads the messages. This could be it - the moment they've been waiting for. 

She turns to Ethan, excitement and worry written all over her face. "Looks like we've got to go," she says, apologetically.

Tatum starts packing up her things to leave, with Ethan closely watching her every move. As she turns to head out, he grabs her by the shoulders to stop her. "Let's leave," he says, and she is taken aback. 

"Yeah, that's what I was trying to do," she responds, confused.

Ethan clarifies, "No, I mean leave New York. We could go to California. You'd like it there, and it'd be good for you. Some sun, some peace. No Ghostface."

Tatum protests, "I can't just say fuck it and abandon my friends."

"Are they even your friends, Riles? Or are they just the people you grew up with and are now trauma-bonded to?"

A part of her knows that leaving with Ethan might be the smartest choice for her safety, but she can't shake the feeling that it would mean abandoning the people she's grown up with. They've been through so much together, and even though their relationship has been strained at times, they're still important to her. It would feel like her mom leaving her all over again.

And she's nothing like her mom.

Tatum feels her anger rising, "Don't patronize me."

Ethan quickly reassures her, "I'm not trying to."

Tatum presses on, "Then what are you trying to do, exactly?"

"God damn it, Tatum," Ethan says, frustrated. "I'm trying to keep you alive. That's all I've been doing since the day we met."

Tatum feels a lump form in her throat as she listens to him.

"I'm not your little project," She retorts, her voice sharp.

Ethan looks at her, the desperation in his eyes evident. "I know you're not," he says softly, "I just want to see you safe and happy, alright?"

Tatum feels a surge of emotion at his words, and for a moment, she forgets about everything else. She steps closer to him and wraps her arms around his neck.''And I appreciate it, I swear. But I can't just up and leave everything behind."

Ethan pulls her closer, and they stay like that for a few moments, holding onto each other. Tatum can feel his heartbeat against her chest, and she feels safe in his arms.

"Just think about it, okay? We can talk more about it later."

She nods back, "Okay."

Tatum had always been somewhat confused as to why her dad, Dewey, never left Woodsboro. Sidney and Gale did as soon as they could, but not Dewey. He always stayed put, like the town was holding onto him with invisible hands. Tatum used to wonder if it was because of his job as a sheriff, but as she grew older, she realized it was more than that. 

There was something about Woodsboro that kept him anchored, that made him feel like he couldn't leave. Sometimes, she'd catch him outside the trailer when it was raining, his hands touching the wet soil, as if he could feel the bodies of the people he loved. And now, she understands that feeling. That feeling of being rooted to a place, of feeling like you can't leave the people you care about behind as much as you want to.

Tatum and Ethan rush over to the location Chad sent them, where they find Chad, Mindy, and Kirby waiting in a van. Kirby is engrossed in her computer, while Mindy looks up and down at Tatum's outfit with a critical eye. Tatum is wearing Ethan's clothes, a baggy t-shirt, and sweatpants.

Chad quickly gives them a rundown of the plan. Tara and Sam are walking around Central Park as bait, while Detective Bailey is nearby, keeping a watchful eye. Kirby is using her computer to trace Ghostface once he calls. And oh, he will call.

As Tatum and Ethan settle into the van, Mindy eyes their closeness curiously. When Ethan pulls her onto his lap, Mindy scoffs and mutters, "Get a room, bozos."

Tatum rolls her eyes at Mindy's comment and leans into Ethan's chest. 

Kirby is typing furiously on the computer, and as Tatum looks around the cramped van, she can feel the tension and unease between the group. Mindy's snarky comments and Kirby's tech-savvy confidence are at odds, while Ethan seems to be the only one unfazed, munching on his Cheetos as if this is just another day in the life.

Tatum feels a knot in her stomach, wondering if they're doing the right thing. She somewhat trusts Detective Bailey and she definitely trusts Kirby, but the idea of using her friends as bait is unsettling. She glances out the window and sees Sam and Tara walking around, Bailey following closely behind.

Mindy's skepticism breaks the silence, and Tatum can't help but agree with her. "Yeah, what if this doesn't work?" she adds, her voice laced with worry.

Kirby defends her plan, and Tatum can see the determination in her eyes. She's impressed by Kirby's confidence, but also worried that it's misplaced. Mindy's reference to their late uncle Randy only adds to the tension in the van.

Ethan's attempt to lighten the mood with his Cheetos offer falls flat, and Tatum can see the unease in Chad's eyes. She wishes they could all just relax, herself included. 

After this was over, she'd need at least a week of sleep, however much whisky and sleeping pills that required.

Tatum's heart races as they listen to the call from Ghostface. His words send chills down Tatum's spine. The way he talks, so calm and collected, as if he has everything under control. She can hear the fear in Sam's voice, and it only makes her own fear grow.

When Ghostface mentions hacking up Tara, Tatum can feel her stomach churn with fear and anger. She grips Ethan's hand tightly as they wait for the call to end.

As Kirby traces the call, the girl's anxiety reaches new heights, even with Ethan's hand keeping her somewhat grounded. She can feel her hands becoming clammy, and her heart feels like it's going to burst out of her chest. 

When Kirby confirms that Ghostface is on the Upper West Side, Tatum's mind races.

"West 96?" she blurts out, surprising herself. Kirby looks at her in confusion, but Tatum's mind is already racing ahead. "He's going after my mom," she says, her voice trembling.

The others in the van exchange worried glances as Tatum's worst fears are confirmed. 

They are all together in the park while Gale, the target, is alone and unaware. 

The realization hits her hard. She needs to get to her mom as soon as possible. She stands up from Ethan's lap and says, "We have to go. Now."

Tatum's heart is pounding as she jumps out of the van and starts running towards Detective Bailey's police car. Ethan is running behind her, and she can hear Kirby and Chad screaming at them to stop and come back. But Tatum's mind is made up, and she has tunnel vision.

As she reaches the car, she sees Ethan catching up to her. He jumps into the passenger seat and tells her, "I'm pretty sure this is a crime, Tatum."

Tatum glances at him, her eyes filled with determination. "You should get out of the car right now if you're not all in with me," she says firmly.

Ethan just looks at her for a moment, and then he nods. "Take Lexington, it'll be quicker."

Before she starts the car, Tara and Sam jump in the backseat, saying that they're going with her. Tatum nods and slams her foot on the gas pedal. The car speeds off, and the girl can feel her heart racing. She's never done anything like this before, but she knows that she has to save her mom.

Tatum's hands are shaking on the steering wheel as she speeds through the streets of New York, driving like a madwoman, swerving in and out of lanes and narrowly avoiding collisions. She's barely paying attention to the road, her mind racing with the thought of saving her mother. Ethan's arm is across her chest, trying to hold her steady as he pleads with her to put on her seatbelt.

"Riley, I am begging you to put your seatbelt on right now before I have a heart attack," Ethan screams, his voice filled with fear.

Tara chimes in from the backseat, "Didn't you fail your driving test four times?"

Tatum glances at her through the rearview mirror, "Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to."

She never had a close relationship with her mother. She's felt anger and jealousy towards her, and at times wished that it had been Gale who had died instead of her dad. But now, faced with the possibility of losing her forever, Tatum's heart aches with fear and regret.

She thinks about Dewey,  the man who had always been there for her. She knows that he would want her to save her mother, despite their complicated relationship. Tatum tries to push aside her past anger and resentment towards Gale and focuses on the present moment. She knows that she has to do everything in her power to protect her mother, even if it means risking her own life.

Tatum couldn't save Dewey.

She had to fucking save Gale.

She swerves around a car, barely missing it, and Ethan grabs the seatbelt, pulling it across Tatum's chest and clicking it into place.

"Jesus take the wheel," Ethan says, his voice still shaky.

Tara and Sam are in the backseat, both looking anxious and scared. Tara reaches out to hold Tatum's hand and says, "We're almost there, Tatum. You can do this."

Tatum nods, her knuckles turning white as she grips the steering wheel. She can see the Upper West Side skyline in the distance and she pushes down on the accelerator, her foot heavy on the pedal, determined to get to her mom before it's too late.

The car speeds through the streets, and Tatum knows they're close. She can feel it in her bones.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

56.1K 1K 48
Dylan McKenzie Smith, is a 18 year old girl. She is known for being on The Walking Dead and her amazing voice. Her best friend is her co-start and lo...
15.8K 302 22
𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨! Kamari & Ethan, the strongest couple. She, born from a Loomis family; hides her true identity. Same with Ethan Landry, her boyfrien...
864K 40.1K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
651K 14.4K 27
The Golden Trio were three of the eight students who had decided to return to Hogwarts to complete their seventh year after having been interrupted b...