This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue

Final Chapter

12.6K 459 61
By kissmyredlips

My featured article with Glamur was all over the news. Everyone had their own opinions, some formed their theories on what happened. One even had a timeline of how it all went down.

I bared it all in the interview excluding Hadeon's name and the situation at home. I didn't want my mom to be preyed on by the public—that meant omitting how my father played a big part in all of it.

But I knew that the public will figure it out. They managed to connect the dots, all that was left for me to do was confirm or deny it.

There were still negative opinions about what I did. A lot were branding me a cheater, but the amount of love and support of the majority of the public overpowered it that it didn't bother me one single bit.

A lot of people were thirsting over Hades, too. They managed to find his Instagram and they were mourning for their loss. It was funny. Nahalungkat din ang buong pamilya ni Hadeon. They were all amazed by their gene pools.

Out of all them though, Zeno had the most attention. He's a social media personality so he already had a following but new people discovered him through the issue surrounding me.

When the weekends came, Hadeon and I went back to Manila together. I had some business to take care off at the station and... of course, the promised dinner with his family.

We had breakfast at our house, where he met my mother who was elated to meet him. They had a conversation that I wasn't a part of because I had to change clothes.

He dropped me off at the station. He insisted to come, but I didn't want him to wait alone for me. May meeting ako at scheduled na midnight show guesting. People would be feasting on him and I wouldn't be around to fend off unwanted stares. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on work.

Mama Ton and Emma were already waiting for me when I arrived. We went straight to the office. Almost everyone said hi to me as we walked through the halls, including celebrities I worked with. The good thing about having a chaperone is that it makes it hard for people to approach me and they can easily pull me away to cut off a conversation.

The meeting lasted an hour. Kinamusta lang ako sa first week ng lock-in taping at sa current issue. Mama Ton shared how the magazine was received well by the public. Ma'am Faith introduced me to a writer and a producer who was interested in working with me in a project which I'll be directing, just like how the management promised.

We had an early lunch in a restaurant near the building since the taping for the talk show was at two. Meanwhile, Hades sent me a photo of him having lunch with the boys. I was surprised to see Silas among them. He and Orion probably made up. I made a mental note to ask Hadeon about that.

Time went by faster during the taping. This appearance was scheduled by the station. Strike while the iron's hot, they said. I agreed because it wasn't the typical show that will put me in a hot seat.

It was a light interview asking me about the upcoming seties and my love life was only tackled shortly. The host acknowledged that I was blooming and I confirmed that I'm in a happy place. She joked about their hotels and asked if I know someone who can speak French and I speak French, all were vague questions hinting about Hades.

The taping ended on time. Si Emma na lang ang kasama ko sa dressing room habang nagpapalit ng damit. Hades will be picking me up here because we'll be heading straight to their house. Since I was waiting anyway, I decided to retouch my makeup a bit.

Hades:
Already here. At the executive parking.

Kaia:
You don't have a pass for that though?

Pinapasok ka ba? I can just come out so it won't be a hassle.

Hindi agad sumagot si Hades kaya sinubukan kong tawagan pero busy ang linya. I turned to Emma who was just browsing her phone.

"Emma, Hadeon is at the exec lot. He doesn't have a pass. Can you go there and make sure he gets in?"

"Okay." Tumayo agad si Emma at agad na lumabas ng dressing room.

I was in the middle of reapplying my lipstick when the door opened again. Emma must've forgotten something. I looked at the doorway through the mirror and I was taken aback when I saw Rowan who scanned the room before entering and completely closing the door behind him.

I calmly closed the cap of my lipstick and stood up to face the unwanted visitor.

To say that I've completely forgotten about him over the week wouldn't be an exaggeration. I was just in my happy bubble with Hades and the tapong that he never crossed my mind. Never thought of planning the perfect revenge.

"Why are you here?" I asked, not hiding the unpleasantness in my tone.

Rowan didn't respond. He searched my face for I didn't know what. Maybe he was trying to find out why I was being unwelcoming.

"You already know," he assessed. Hindi niya na dinugtungan dahil alam naman naming dalawa kung ano ang tinutukoy niya.

I simply cocked a brow. That got him agitated. He anxiously brushed his perfectly styled hair, maybe so soothe his nerves... or guilt.

"Look." He took a step forward. "I'm sorry for what I did, Kaia."

I remained looking at him with a stoic expression. He took that as a sign to continue.

"I just really love her."

Her, meaning Asia.

"I wanted to make her happy." His eyes closed like saying it was painful for him.

He was probably genuinely apologetic, but I couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy. Maybe if he was a better actor.

"You can have another big project if you wanted to. You are a household name. The Asia's sweetheart, Kaia Persephone Ziegler. I know that you can withstand any controversies—"

"You know nothing, Rowan," I sneered. "And you can stop with your written speech, your sorry doesn't mean anything to me."

"We were friends, Kaia."

"You were never my friend. I know that now. Friends don't do what you did to me."

"Is that why you had my projects cancelled and every endorsement I have drop me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I threw him a puzzled look but quickly recovered and smirked. "Oh. Actually I do. It's something called karma."

Anger brewed on his face. He took quick aggressive strides to close our distance. I was startled when he gripped on my arms.

"Tell them to give me my projects back." His voice was laced with desperation.

"Let go of me, Rowan," I strongly asserted, even though my voice shook a bit out of fear that he'd strike me.

"Please." He violently shook my arm. Humigpit din ang hawak niya sa akin.

A few knocks came from the door before it opened. We both turned to the doorway. Relief filled me when I saw Hadeon.

His face quickly darkened when he saw what was happening. He moved so quickly that it seemed like he flew to us. In a matter of seconds, he managed to push Rowan away and placed me behind him.

"Get the fuck out of here while I'm asking nicely," Hades uttered sharply.

Rowan blinked a few times and looked at me. It was like he was woken up from a spell and horror dawned.

"K-Kaia, I'm sorry—"

Hades stepped forward, my heart coming with him. I quickly reached for his arm to stop him from advancing. Nagpatigil naman siya.

"Get fucking lost," he hissed.

Rowan opened his mouth again but nothing came out. He gave me one last look. A pleading and apologetic one. Before he finally fled the room.

Hades held my arms. It brought my attention to him. He cupped my face and anxiously checked me.

"Baby, are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?"

I shook my head. "I'm okay."

He let out a relieved breath and pressed his forehead against mine. His eyes closed tightly. "I'm not letting you out of my sight again."

"I'm fine, lover," I said to calm him down. He pulled me for a hug.

"We're getting you a fucking bodyguard," he grumbled.

"I like your former idea better." I laughed to ease his tension.

🍷🍷🍷

Not wanting to meet his parents empty handed, I asked him if we could drop by to a store so I can buy a bottle of wine.

Hindi ako mapakali buong byahe. Panay ako tingin sa salamin para tingnan kung may mali sa mukha ko. I was even second guessing the clothes that I was wearing. Habang lumalapit ay lalo akong kinakabahan.

I already met his parents before but tonight was different. This time, he will be introducing me as his girlfriend. I wanted them to like me so bad.

Hadeon tried to engage me in a conversation but my answers were strictly monosyllables. Saying that I was nervous was an understatement. I was internally freaking out.

I internally practiced my introduction as we walked towards their main door. Hades mockingly chuckled.

"Shut up," I hissed but it only made him laugh more.

The inside of their home still looked the same except some of the photos displayed in their room were different from the ones I saw before. Hindi ko na natingnan mabuti dahil hila-hila ako ni Hadeon.

My grip on Hadeon's hand tightened when I saw his family at the pool side. They were already complete. Hadeon's parents, Xavi and his family, Laurene and Silas, Hyon with Alister, and then there's Zeno.

"Tito Hadeon!" Dionne's tiny voice managed to reverbrate the entire pool side, catching everyone's attention.

Lahat sila ay tumingin sa direksyon namin. Kulang na lang ay magtago ako sa likod ni Hadeon. The irony. I could perform in front of a crowd, even an arena, but I was cowering at the face of the important people in Hadeon's life.

Hindi pa kami tuluyang nakalalapit ay nauna nang tumayo si Laurene para lang salubungin kami.

"Hi, Kaia!" she cheerfully exclaimed and didn't hesitate to pull me in for a hug. It surprised me how welcoming she was.

She broke the hug but didn't let go of me completely. She was flashing a playful grin that reminded me so well of Hadeon's. Kambal nga sila.

"So it's really you from last time," she commented. Hindi ko pa agad nakuha ang ibig sabihin niya. When she winked, it finally dawned me that she was referring to our restroom encounter. I flushed so hard in embarrassment. She must be thinking of how much of an obsessed stalker I am.

"Don't worry. It's our secret," she added.

"What are you talking about?" singit ni Hadeon.

"Wala ka na do'n!" singhal ni Laurene at hinawi pa ang mukha ni Hades. That made him grunt in annoyance.

We resumed walking to where everyone was. They remaimed watching us the whole time. It got me so conscious. I probably look like I was going to throw up any time.

"Everyone," Hadeon spoke up. He slipped his arm around my waist. "This is my girlfriend, Kaia Persephone."

Everything I rehearsed the whole way. The short introductory speech that I memorized all rescinded to one simple word, "Hi."

I almost cringed to death. Thankfully, my lack of proper greeting didn't spiral into awkwardness. It all signalled them to stand up. Lumapit sa amin ang parents ni Hadeon.

Hadeon's mom pulled me in for a hug. "Words can't even express how happy I am that you two are together now, Kaia."

"Me, too. Thank you, Mrs. Serrano," I replied as we broke away from the hug.

"It's Tita Savion now. Also, Tito Zion for him." Tinuro ni Tita Savion ang asawa.

"It's nice to see you again, Kaia," Tito Zion greeted. Lumapit na rin ako para yumakap.

"Likewise po, Tito," I shyly responded.

"And this is Hyon... and you already met Alister," pakilala ni Hadeon. Hindi ko napansin na nakalapit na pala ang iba sa amin.

"Hi, Ate Kaia! You're so beautiful," puri ni Hyon, the purest Serrano according to Hadeon. Sa boses palang ay rinig na kung gaano siya kabait at lambing.

"Nice to finally meet you, too, Hyon. You're very beautiful, too," sagot ko at yumakap na rin sa kanya.

"Hey, Alister," bati ko lang.

"And this is Silas, Laurene's husband. My sibling who's the only one without a love life, Zeno."

Zeno scoffed before he nodded at me in acknowledgment. I instantly knew that there wouldn't be an exchange of hug with him.

"Tita Kaia!" sumingit ang matinis na boses ni Dionne. Tumakbo siya palapit sa akin kaya umupo ako para mayakap siya nang maayos.

"Hi there, cutie," I sweetly said, my nervousness was slowly wearing out.

Humalik si Dionne sa pisngi ko kaya lalo akong napangiti. Kuya Xavi and Ate Lavie followed after her. Tumayo ako para batiin nang maayos si Ate Lavie na bumeso sa akin.

"Your schemes finally paid off, huh?" malokong bungad sa akin ni Kuya Xavi. That earned him an elbow against his stomach.

I laughed, "Yes. Finally."

Tumingin ako kay Hadeon na nag-angat ng kilay sa akin. Lumapit ako sa kanya at pinulupot ang braso sa bewang niya.

He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Happy?"

I looked up at him and it was like I was brought back to the time we first met, the first time I realized that I was falling for him, our first fight, and everything that we've been through... every memory in just a matter of seconds.

I nodded and lovingly smiled at him. "With you? Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 138K 54
Veiled Diaries #2: Azcon-Zobel has always been one of the most influential families in Villa Terrazas but unlike the common image of powerful familie...
1.8M 54.3K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
3.6M 100K 42
To love is to sacrifice. Iyon ang paniniwala ni Avis Magdalene Sebastian. She believes that love is doing everything for the people you love, even if...
5.6M 158K 53
WARNING (!) THIS STORY CONTAINS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND LOOPHOLES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST. YOU ARE BEING WARNED.