ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ sʜɪғᴛ... || 𝘙𝘶�...

By SCCitNoBH

Aurelia Quinn is the writer of OUAT. She controls their lives, their stories and their every move to follow h... More

The Aurora Borealis - Chapter One
Crickets and Queens - Chapter Two
What a lovely name... - Chapter Three
Tick Tock... - Chapter Four
Moving closer ~ Chapter Six
Apple Pie ~ Chapter Seven
Right questions, wrong answers ~ Chapter Eight
Never ~ Chapter Nine
Guilt and Anger ~ Chapter Ten
Welcome Home ~ Chapter Eleven
Apprectice!? ~ Chapter Twelve
Hangover ~ Chapter Thirteen
Truly Love ~ Chapter Fourteen
"Where's Rumplestiltskin!?" ~ Chapter Fifthteen
"He's MY son!" ~ Chapter Sixteen
Names ~ Chapter Seveteen
Eleven ~ Chapter Eighteen
Escape route ~ Chapter Nineteen
What are we? ~ Chapter Twenty

Paparazzi ~ Chapter Five

424 19 13
By SCCitNoBH

A/N: This story does not perfectly follow the OUAT storyline however I am trying to keep the main events in order!

~~~

I woke up the next morning, getting dressed into some new clothes that I bought when Ruby took me shopping the other weekend.

I am yet to speak with Mary Margaret however I figure that would be a good place to start today.

If I could get magic into this place, I could leave my own story. Or at least, I think that's how it works. I have already tried to write my way out but I'm not seen as part of the story, I had never written myself into it so anything regarding myself wasn't accepted.

Perhaps I could fast forward time a bit but the risks were too great, I couldn't do it.

I left my room, noticing Emma walk down the hallway. "Hey, Aura!" She called out, she seemed tired but kept a grin on her face. How she did it? I could never know.

"Morning, I'm just heading to the school- can't grab breakfast today sadly." I keep walking as I talk, moving towards the stairs and descending to the ground floor.

"Oh- same. Do you have a kid you haven't told me about?" Her tone was humorous but something gave me the idea she was at least half serious.

"No! Of course not! I just want to speak with Mary Margret." I pick up my pace. I loved Emma but I'd much prefer to do this alone.

She stops in her tracks, watching me as I leave her behind

~~~

Emma Swan POV

~~~

Aurelia has been acting different from when I last saw her at work. I guess a week in hospital can do that to you but she seemed so distant.

We all had our secrets but something about this situation just wasn't sitting right with me. Other than at breakfast she hasn't even spoken to me, hasn't made sure I'm settling in. Nothing!

The Aura I knew would help me in a situation like this but now...

I don't know, maybe I'm being selfish. She experienced a heavy fall before being trapped in a hospital bed for a week then cooped up in this dreadful town.

I sighed, continuing down the stairs and out the reception door.

'Maybe she just needs some space,' I wonder, reassuring myself while still not believing it.

~~~

Aurelia Quinn POV (OC)

~~~

I walk into the school calmly, getting a curious look from Henry before he flipped through his book pages. I wanted him to know that his imagination didn't make him crazy and that everything his stories taught him were real but the time wasn't right.

'There she is...' I smile as I approach the teacher. She turns slightly, noticing me and smiled softly.

"Are you feeling better? Oh, you must be if you're out of hospital! I am ever so glad for you," her voice is cheery but calming. How Snow White of her?

"I am feeling much better thank you." I nod gratefully, with a smile. "I was wondering if you had met my friend Emma?"

She tilts her head, hesitating for a moment, "No, I don't believe I have," she furrows her eyebrows in apology.

I shake my head, "No worries, I just heard you had a room to spare and I think she'll be staying a while but it truly doesn't matter! Good day." I smile, turning around and walking away from the school passing Emma as she enters.

Idea planted and now yet another person knows of me. I had ditched the idea of keeping a low profile long ago now. That was practically impossible in such a small town especially when I was being watched like a hawk.

~~~

I wandered calmly down the street as not to cause any suspicion, checking the shop sign and opening Mr Golds door.

There was something about the man that I couldn't keep away from. The way his thick, Scottish accent sounded saying my name? Perhaps. The mystery behind the most powerful man in town? Sounds likely! The way he flicked his hair back with a wicked grin? ... ANYWAY! What exactly it was doesn't matter, the point is there was something and I was not planning on ignoring it.

"Good morning, dearie. How can I help you today." He looked up from his desk where he was polishing an old ring.

I kept quiet, curiously moving towards him to look at the glistening gem upon it. "It's gorgeous, Mr Gold." I gazed at it in awe, it was a large gemstone, I assumed white amethyst locked upon a crown gold ring.

His eyes lifted upwards, looking at me. I began to turn red, coughing slightly and looking away. He grinned, "You haven't answered my question, Ms Quinn."

I nod, taking one more look at the ring then look at him after calming down. "I believe I am being followed by the paparazzi." I roll my eyes, gesturing towards the window near the door where you could clearly see Sydney with his camera at the other side of the road.

Rumple noticed it then looked down at the ring, continuing to polish it. "Talk to me, look at anything else. I don't fancy being in his weekly report back to Regina." He seems annoyed. I suppose he would be a main target of Regina's, he was the only one she felt threatened by. Everyone else in this god forsaken town was like a puppet to her.

"Of course," I reply, turning towards the nearest showcase stand while making sure Sydney couldn't see my mouth moving.

"He's been following me everywhere I go, I'm starting to get a complex," I joke, "I thought you could do something about that? It's like an annoying mosquito that just won't leave you alone."

He scoffs, "I, of all people in this town, know how that feels. Regina hasn't stopped checking on me ever since the curse was cast..." he pauses a moment.

"Don't worry, I know about everything, not only your name." I reassure him.

He clears his throat before continuing, "The woman is threatened by me. She may have cast the curse but it was I who made it."

I couldn't help but chuckle, they once had "chemistry" and now they are enemies. I suppose it's a mixed up trope?

"How do I get him to leave me alone? I don't like the idea of my every move and action being reported back to the evil queen herself." I pick up a chipped teacup. "It's chipped?"

His eyes shoot up, "Leave that alone! It's not for sale!"

I bow my head in apology, placing it back down in it's respected place.

"As for the paparazzi, you can't get rid of him. Like you said, an annoying mosquito that just won't leave you alone." I can almost hear his piercing glare through his tone.

"So I just have to deal with him? My privacy is being invaded every second that I allow him to follow me and you want me to do nothing about it?" Anger begins to boil through my veins, I had been here long enough. Sydney may be slow but even he would realise the suspiciously long amount of time I've spent looking at a few simple antiques.

"Try to lie low for a few days, he'll eventually get bored and Regina will think she doesn't have to worry about you." He hesitates a moment, wanting to say more but noticing the increased focus of Sydney's stalking. "That's all the advice I can give you... now get out."

"I was already planning on it!" I wander out the door, bell ringing. I smile at him as I leave, "Goodbye, Mr Gold!" I call out, turning to glance at Sydney who pulls a newspaper over his face. I hold back a laugh. What a wonderful disguise!

~~~

The next few days were spent in my room or the Granny's diner. I didn't socialise much- not even with Emma. She would come towards me every now and then while I was sat in the diner and try to have a conversation but I knew Regina would have eyes on her as well.
I had to lie low, just as Mr Gold had told me too and that was exactly what I was going to do. Conversing with Emma Swan would not have been the best idea.

~~~

I laid on the bed. This was my 4th week since the incident and 3rd since I got out of hospital yet I was still paying for a room in the inn. I didn't plan on staying but it's been a month now and inn rooms aren't exactly cheap!

Emma moved in with Mary Margret a couple of days ago, not long after I spoke to the teacher herself.

Now what was I to do?

I couldn't keep up this dull and boring lifestyle much longer, I had a case to solve but I didn't want Sydney solving it first.

I looked out the window and down the street. I hadn't seen him all morning. Maybe that means he's giving up?

I sigh and wander downstairs, deciding to go for a walk. I found myself missing Rumplestiltskin! It must just be the help he gave too me. I could never miss him in any other way. Right?

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 364 13
"You Just, you remind me of a girl I once knew." He chuckled, almost glaring into his cup. "God, by now she's probably middle aged. Maybe 100, or 200...
7.6K 272 12
❝𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐦𝐚...
6.7K 221 18
"I'm stuck in Storybrooke, Pan betrayed me, and nothing I know is useful here! What do I even have left?" "You have me." OUAT Felix x OC
97.3K 666 24
{ storybrooke } In which Winter accidentally stumbles upon Storybrooke, a town with strange citizens. Be warned: * This book contains plotlines from...