Masquerade (Liam Payne)

By BelWatson

{book 5} - ❝ I'm Tammy Rodenhizer. Member of Prodigy. Rockstar. Rebel. And I don't trust you. I don't trust a... More

Before reading...
Chapter 2 ~ Tammy
Chapter 3 ~ Liam
Chapter 4 ~ Tammy
Chapter 5 ~ Liam
Chapter 6 ~ Tammy
Chapter 7 ~ Liam
Chapter 8 ~ Tammy
Chapter 9 ~ Liam
Chapter 10 ~ Tammy
Chapter 11 ~ Liam
Chapter 12 ~ Tammy
Chapter 13 ~ Liam
Chapter 14 ~ Tammy
Chapter 15 ~ Liam
Chapter 16 ~ Tammy
Chapter 17 ~ Liam
Chapter 18 ~ Tammy
Chapter 19 ~ Liam
Chapter 20 ~ Tammy
Chapter 21 ~ Liam
Chapter 22 ~ Tammy
Chapter 23 ~ Liam
Chapter 24 ~ Tammy
Chapter 25 ~ Liam
Chapter 26 ~ Tammy
Chapter 27 ~ Liam
Chapter 28 ~ Tammy
Chapter 29 ~ Liam
Chapter 30 ~ Tammy
Chapter 31 ~ Liam
Chapter 32 ~ Tammy
Chapter 33 ~ Liam
Chapter 34 ~ Tammy
Chapter 35 ~ Liam
Chapter 36 ~ Tammy
Chapter 37 ~ Liam
Epilogue ~ Tammy

Chapter 1 ~ Liam

163K 4.4K 677
By BelWatson

Yay! First Year Anniversary and my other new story! Remember, this story takes place at the same time tat B&S does, so read them together!

UPDATE SCHEDULE: Tuesdays and Fridays.

At the sidebar there's a picture of Tammy.

Welcome aboard! I hope you like it as much as I do.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 1 ~ Liam

“You’re a dead man, Tomlinson!” Niall shouts as he runs after the Doncaster boy. I laugh at them from the floor of the rehearsing room. Harry is recording a video while Zayn laughs next to me as well.

I’m not sure what Louis did this time to piss Niall, but the Irish lad looks ready to kill our band mate. Maybe he ate the cookies Alex had made for him, or maybe he made a sour comment about Niall’s girlfriend. We all know how Louis can’t say something nice about any girl, no matter how good they got along before. Whatever the reason, it’s pretty fun to see Louis running and Niall chasing him with a crazy expression.

When I see scenes like this, when we are so random and I laugh so hard that my stomach hurts is when I think about my life and how grateful I am. I’m definitely living the dream, in the biggest boy band ever with my four best mates, traveling the world and doing everything I ever dreamt. We’re rehearsing for our tour in Europe to promote our third album and I can’t believe we’ve come so far. In all honesty, I wouldn’t change a thing of my life.

We’ll… maybe something.

When Alex walks in with Mila next to her, I stop laughing. Mila sits next to Zayn immediately and he hugs her closely while Alex saves Louis by distracting Niall. She can do that pretty easily and she doesn’t need food for that. And seeing them reminds me of what it’s like to be in a relationship and I miss those days when I had someone too. Harry stops recording but his fingers fly over the screen and I know he is texting Hannah, the smile on his face is all I need to know I’m right. They are in serious and stable relationships, the kind of relationships that everyone wants to know. They have what I had, they smile so honestly that you can’t even begin to think they are not the happiest when they are with the girls.

It’ not like I miss Danielle. It’s been a long time since we broke up and things have been better, not only for me, but for her. I saw her the other day and it wasn’t awkward. She is really happy, really focused on her career and she mentioned she met someone special. So it’s not her what I miss, but to be with someone. And since we broke up… I haven’t met anyone that catches my eye. No one intrigues me, no one makes me want to get closer, to get to know her better. So I guess I’m kind of scared I won’t meet anyone. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen Niall, Zayn and Harry finding someone they can’t live without. They have had problems, they were hurt and they thought in a moment everything was over, but they overcame everything and they are happy, oh so happy. Alex, Mila and Hannah are amazing girls and I guess I want to find someone who makes me feel like the lads feel. Even if they don’t say it, I can see it in their eyes.

Zayn, for instance. When Mila walks in his smile is immediate, his eyes shine with a different light and his body moves towards her unconsciously. When he sees someone random with her book, I swear it seems like he’ll break out dancing in that moment.

When you see the most important people around you being so happy… you only want to be that happy, too. You want to feel like them.

“You okay, Liam?” Mila asks next to Zayn. I blink a couple of times to fully come back to reality. I was in too deep in my thoughts.

“Oh yeah, I was just thinking. I just remembered that time when we were at the airport and Zayn saw a lady with your book. He started jumping out of sheer excitement!” I tell her and I see Zayn widening his eyes.

Mila looks at him with big eyes as well, but her expression is far way more amused. I know in that moment that Zayn didn’t tell the full story to his girlfriend. “Aw, that’s so cute!”

Zayn glares at me and I laugh again. “Thanks for making me look so manly, bro,” the Bradford boy says between gritted teeth and I smile gleefully at him.

“Always,” is my reply as I stand up and leave them alone there, walking towards Louis who lost the smile the moment Alex and Mila joined the scene.

Sometimes I really worry for him and how he is taking everything. I know it has been really difficult for him since he broke up with Eleanor. He hasn’t taken things nicely and I’ve noticed something weird when he looks at me. The way I took my breakup was completely different. I used that chance to live my life and do all I wanted, completely free. Meanwhile, Louis has pushed everyone away. We know he is not okay about it, but he doesn’t say it. He just snaps at everyone.

I’m about to ask him if there’s something wrong or if he wants to go somewhere else, but then someone else walks in. Since we took a bit more of control over the things we do, rehearsals are not so tiring and we can have our friends coming to see us. So this time Kay joins us and I hear Louis groan, what makes me chuckle. But she is not alone, she is with Grimmy this time. The blonde girl looks at Louis and smiles at him, blowing him a kiss but she doesn’t approach him, she goes to see Niall and Alex. Those two girls get along pretty well, which makes Louis even more furious. Kay seems to fit in our group without any problem, but Louis only wants her as far away as possible. He really hates her, and not only because she is a girl, but because she is Kay. I don’t get it, though, I really like her. She is fun and carefree. More carefree than Nialler and Moni together! And that’s saying something.

Grimmy is telling Harry something but then I hear him calling me. I like Grimmy, he is a nice bloke, always fun and random. He is crazy and that’s probably the best thing about him. I walk towards them, leaving an even moodier Louis behind.

“What’s up, Payne?” Grimmy asks with a mischievous grin, which makes me wonder what he’s planning.

“Nothing really, but it seems like you have something in mind, don’t you?” I ask and take a quick glimpse at Harry. He knows what it is, he is smiling knowingly.

“Well, I may have thought of something for you. I just have the perfect someone for you, Liam. I’m sure you’ll fall in love immediately. You’re meant for each other!”

I blink incredulously, holding back the chuckles. He sounds too eager and that can never be good. Yet I’m curious. “You sound like Alex when she set Mila and Zayn up,” I teased him.

“And look at them now!” He motions towards the oblivious couple very dramatically. He is putting up a show here. “It may be like that for you, too.”

“Okay,” I’m smiling, really curious to know what he is planning. “Are you gonna show me a picture of her or something?”

“Who said it’s a ‘her’?” Grimmy teases and Harry blurts out laughing. My expression must be very funny, I guess, though I don’t see the funny side. “Relax, it is a girl. She is great! Her name is Tammy and you’ll meet her here.” He hands me a piece of paper with an address. “And nope, I won’t show you a picture of her. You’ll meet here tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” I inquire surprised and he smiles.

“Yes, tomorrow.”

“How am I supposed to know it’s her? Maybe another girl will see me and pretend she is the girl I’m waiting. It happens in the movies,” I point out and Harry laughs again.

“I’m sure you’ll recognise her immediately, Payne.” There’s something in Grimmy’s tone that makes me believe this is not really a good idea, but I’m too curious to know who this Tammy girl is. “She’s gonna be the girl with huge sunglasses, and she told me she would wear this pink Doc Martins. Almost neon.”

“I don’t think that’s enough,” I tell him. Many girls wear Doc Martins and sunglasses.

“Believe me, it’s gonna be enough.” I furrow my eyebrows, trying to know where all of this is going. Maybe it’s all a prank, but I’m really curious to turn it down.

Okaaaaay. Tomorrow, then.” I look at the address again. I don’t know this place, I’ve never been here before. I hope it’s nice, at least.

“You won’t regret it,” he promises me but there’s something in his smile that makes me doubt that.

“I hope so…” I mumble folding the paper in two and shoving it inside my pocket.

And it’s like that how I end up waiting for a still faceless girl who is fifteen minutes late already. The bar is nice, not too crowded and everyone looks older than twenty, so no hormonal teenagers. I meet some fans, but they are pretty chill. When they ask me what I’m doing here, I just tell them I’m waiting for a friend.

Maybe this Tammy girl will never show up and that’s what this is all about, but it doesn’t seem enough. And as I wait at the bar, I check my reflection at the mirror behind all the bottles with different alcohols. My hair is as usual, short, though I’ve let the top part a bit longer. I like to keep it like this, it makes things easier. I’m with just a white V-neck tee and a leather black jacket. Not bad, I think, it’s casual and comfy so I’m fine with this.

I hear noise rising above the tenuous whispering and soon flashes light the bar. For a moment I think the paparazzi got in just to ruin everything, but when I look at the entrance, I see a girl coming in, all the flashes following her.

She is very skinny and although she is not tall, with her body it looks taller than what she is. Her hair is messy and long, of a brown-redish colour pulled backwards. She is wearing just jeans shorts, a white t-shirt and her pink bra is showing, even though she is wearing a jacket. But what catches my attention the most is her neon pink Doc Martins and her big sunglasses.

My mouth opens when I put the pieces together. She is Tammy, and apparently, she is famous, too.

She looks around and when her eyes land on me, she takes off her glasses and looks at me from head to feet. I can tell she is not pleased by what she sees and I can’t help feel wounded in my male ego. She steps closer, her glasses on top of her head and when she is closer, I can see more of her features. Her eyes are green, a very dark and deep green, her pale complexion makes them look even greener. Her features are feminine and sharp, but you can tell she is not the most beautiful girl around, yet she is exotic. There’s something about her, a confidence that’s somehow refreshing.

I stand up when she is in front of me and I’m at least twenty centimetres taller than her, which is always nice. I smile at her trying to make her see that I’m pretty okay with how things are going. She is not Miss England, but she is definitely something.

“You must be Tammy,” I venture holding out my hand. “I’m Liam.”

She does this thing of eyeing me from head to toe with an unpleasant grimace, as if she doesn’t approve of what she sees.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” are the first words she says. I can’t even begin to explain my shock in that moment.

-:-:-:-

I love Tammy so much it's not even funny. You'll see more of her in the next chapter this Friday! Please, comment and vote! I'm dying to know what you think of this story.

Dedication to Mila, because she helped to come up with this idea and I love her and I miss her so much. Get better soon, Mila!

Bel, xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 5.1K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
7.7K 145 44
Sunset Curve, a group of four boys in a rock band with big, big dreams, and a girl born to a rich family, she is in much need of an escape, and has a...
16.6K 328 17
millie cade, one of the main members of sunset curve and one night turns into the rest of her life, how does she manage everything? especially dealin...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...