Indigo Eyes

Від ACourtOfStories

I could give you a sob story about how tough Cressida Lynn's life has been, but you're not here for that. You... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
A/N
The Staff of Hermes

Chapter 44

1.3K 76 6
Від ACourtOfStories

Meanwhile, the twins had gotten Cressida to their cabin and into her bunk as she calmed down, Castor pulling out the plushie from under her bed and Cressida giving a sad smile when she saw the look of absolute betrayal on Pollux's face. They gave her some water, giving her a chance to calm down as she squeezed both their hands before telling them the story of what happened, making sure to get to the part about her leg injury as quickly as possible, knowing that it was making them anxious.

She took her time explaining what happened to Annabeth and then what Artemis offered her.

"It was like Circe all over again, except this time, it was genuine. I'd get to travel the world with people that aren't scared of me even though they claim otherwise. I'd get to master my powers, slay monsters, save demigods and mortals. It would be everything I'd ever dreamed of," she said, hugging Lightning McQueen like she was a little kid again and not almost 14. "But I would hardly see you two. I would be immortal, but I'd have to watch you die. You two have been my only family for half my life, I could never abandon you. I needed to talk to you first before even considering this. And more importantly, I need you to know that it isn't your fault. You guys have done so much for me, trying to make my life better and I- I don't want that to be a burden anymore.... So? What do you think? Be brutally honest."

Castor pulled her into a hug.

"You were never and will never be a burden," he promised.

"Cressie," Pollux cooed, a name he hadn't used since she was ten years old and she insisted she was too old for. "If all you needed was reassurance, you should've just asked," he said. "We know your fatal flaw, baby sis, and we're not doing all this out of duty or because Papa told us."

"You know excited we were to find out that we had a little sister?" Castor said when Cressida pulled away from him, the tears still leaking down her face. "To find out that we had someone to play games with and let ride around on our shoulders and take care of."

"As excited as Papa would be to drink wine again. That's what you used to say," she answered with a small smile.

"As excited as Papa would be to drink wine again," Castor repeated. "And we all know that the only thing that comes close to taking that title -"

"Is us and Ariadne," Pollux finished. "But listen," he said as he brushed away her tears. "We just want you to be happy."

"Absolutely. And if joining the Hunters is what makes you happy, then you have to do it," Castor said.

"And if that means that you become immortal and outlive us, then we'll have done our job right. Because if there is one thing that we refuse to see, it's our baby sister dying before we do," Pollux said.

"Or to see her upset," Castor added. "Which is why Percy Jackson will be getting a little visit from us after this."

"Oh, Cas, I have never loved you more," Pollux exclaimed and Cressida gave a broken laugh.

"I don't understand why he was so angry with me about all this. I only agreed to think about it, and he was...I don't understand. He said friends fight but, I don't even understand what we're fighting about."

"Who cares what he thinks? He -"

"I care," she interrupted Pollux. "I know you both don't like him, but he's still my friend."

"Then," Castor said pointedly with a look to his twin. "I'm sorry, Cress, but we can't tell you why he was angry. Only Percy can tell you that. And if he doesn't want to be your friend anymore, then that's his loss."

"He can't," she said, and they were confused.

"Can't what?" Pollux questioned.

"He can't stop being my friend. He swore an oath on the River Styx last year to always be my friend," she answered, playing with one of McQueen's tires as she awaited their reaction and wondered why she never told them this earlier.

"What?" Castor exclaimed.

"When the hell did this happen?" Pollux demanded.

"The Sea of Monsters. After I told him about my moth-"

"What's the rule about that woman?" Castor scolded and she took a deep breath.

"That woman is no mother and doesn't deserve to be acknowledged as one. Especially in your presence and absolutely not in Papa's," she recited.

"Good," they praised.

"Look," Castor said as he moved to sit next to her, "We're always going to be your family, we're always going to be your brothers whether we're there or not. That's why we gave you that little locket so that one day when you've conquered the world and have them all bowing at your feet, you remember your poor little brothers who helped you get there."

Her laugh was a little more smile and a little less tears this time as she leaned her head on his shoulder, Lightning McQueen still in her lap. "I could never forget you."

"Exactly why you will be able to save Annabeth without even breaking a sweat," Pollux agreed as he sat on her other side, linking their hands together.

"Are you sure you two would be ok with it if I joined?" she asked, finally feeling at home in her cabin, in her bunk with her brothers.

"Of course, we wouldn't be ok with it," Pollux said. "As annoying as you are, we'd still miss you."

And she slapped his shoulder before they all laughed.

"But," Castor said as he kissed her head, "If it's what made you happy and if it's what you wanted, then we'd support you."

"And we wouldn't stand in your way."

The tear that slid down her face this time was out of love as she snuggled further into her brothers, Pollux resting his head on her shoulder. "I know that sometimes it seems like I take you guys for granted, but I really couldn't have asked for better brothers in the world."

"We know," they sang in unison.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too."

"Can uh, can we just stay here for a little while longer?" she asked, her voice very small.

"We can stay as long as you like," Castor answered.

"But then we're going to kill that Jackson punk."

"Pollux," they both admonished, and he gave them a disbelieving look.

"Come on! He hurt my little sister, give me something!" he pleaded.

"We'll discuss it later," Castor said. "Right now, Cress could use some sleep."

"Can I get something to eat first, please?"

"I shall go and poach some things from the dinner pavilion, and when I get back, we shall discuss that adorable, exceedingly soft Lightning McQueen plushie that you told me you donated," Pollux said as he stood, pressing a kiss to Cressida's head before he headed for the door.

******************************************************************

Castor was the one to sneak out of bed and answer the door when someone knocked on it, the sun just having set an hour ago. "What do you want?" he asked, not at all happy to see Percy standing in front of him.

"I, uh, I have a message from Chiron and uh, I was hoping to talk to Cressida," he admitted as he peeked over Castor's shoulder to see where Pollux had fallen asleep in Cressida's bunk, Cressida laying on his chest as she was wrapped in a blanket, peacefully asleep as her brother clutched a Lightning McQueen plushie as if his life depended on it.

"You're not talking to her now. And you really upset her," Castor said as he took a step outside, closing the door behind him so as to not wake his siblings.

"I know. I know I messed up, again."

"Why'd you do it, Jackson? You dance with my sister at her first high school dance, almost die fighting a monster with her and then you get angry at her, and you won't talk to her. What gives?"

Percy sighed, not realising the answer until he said it now.

"I don't know - Annabeth went over that cliff and then Bianca agreed to leave with the Hunters and, and then they wanted Cress and -"

"She let you call her that?" Castor asked.

"No," he said honestly, knowing better than to lie to him. "She said she was close to it though, before.... she just seemed - she just seemed like she was going to say yes, then and there. I didn't want to lose her too. I still don't."

"Well, then maybe you should explain that to her before getting mad at her," Castor advised, his hands crossed over his chest.

"I know. And I -"

"Listen," Castor interrupted. "My baby sister has been through a lot. And a hell of a lot more than she told you."

"Her mother-"

"That woman was a monster as far as Pollux and I are concerned. And not even Cress would be able to save you from our father if you bring her up in his presence," Castor warned.

"Why did he make her keep Cress?" Percy dared ask.

"Because he wanted her to have a home and a life before coming to camp," Castor answered. "He thought she could grow to love Cress over time. And when he found out he was wrong he handpicked a satyr to extract her and escort her here. It's why he has such a soft spot for her, why he'll grant her almost anything she asks and detests you for taking her out of camp, from where he can keep her safe. He blames himself. He feels guilty for it."

"Why are you telling me all this?" Percy couldn't help but wonder.

"I don't care if you were drunk or not thinking straight or damn out of your mind, but you made an oath to my sister on the River Styx. And my brother and I don't take that lightly."

"She told me. About the rule. I know what it means, and I meant it," Percy said.

"Then you need to understand why she is upset so you can make it up to her. You need to understand why she's so scared of people leaving her and why a chance to have people never leave her would appeal to her," he explained. "And as much as my brother and I dislike you, I can't disregard the fact that you have helped keep her alive these past few years and that she seems to like you for some reason."

Percy was glad that the torches perpetually lit with purple fire outside their door prevented Castor from seeing the red in Percy's cheeks as he bit down on his tongue, preventing himself from asking what he meant by Cressida liking him.

"I'll make it up to her, I swear. I can't get Annabeth or Bianca back right now, but this is something I can fix. Oh, by the way, the reason why Chiron sent me - Capture the Flag against the Hunters is tomorrow afternoon."

His eyes widened. "Tell Cress that tomorrow at breakfast and you'll be back on the right track with my sister."

"Really? How can she join the Hunters if she hates them so much?" Percy wondered.

"She doesn't hate all of them, just the select few that burned down our cabin. Once she's square with them she'll be fine. Pollux and I on the other hand love a little revenge. So this, is a very nice back-to-camp present for us."

Percy took a deep breath. "I hope you know that I don't mean to hurt her. I never have."

"I know. And I also know that Cress thought that the woman who gave birth to her wasn't going to hurt her and she did. So this will be your first and only warning."

Percy held out his hand. "Message received."

Castor stared at it for a moment before remembering everything his sister had said about this boy as he sucked up whatever dislike for Percy he had and shook his hand.

"You take care of my sister, Jackson."

"I will. I promise." 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

379 0 36
gnossienne n. the realisation that you didn't actually know someone as well as you thought you did - - - - - 'Look, I never wanted to be a half-blood...
50.7K 1.3K 29
Percy Jackson. A 17 year old boy who's eyes hide pain and he enjoys swimming. He walks around and smiles when his few friends talk to him, but, other...
609 11 14
*DISCLAMER* This is a fanfiction novel! Rick Riordan is the proud and proper owner of the Percy Jackson series. --- This story introduces a new chara...
44.2K 712 38
*COMPLETED* Percy never expected to die the way he did. He never expected to magically come back to life. He never expected to be in an army. And he...