Just us // Jay Kelso

By Forevernx

Aurora "Rory" Stokes never really found the amusement of doing the same things but what happens when a new gi... More

Before we start!
Epigraph
Playlist
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 22

1.5K 39 6
By Forevernx

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Until next summer.

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

It's officially Leia's last night of being here, she's leaving back with her parents. We have all agreed to meet in the Forman's basement. I skip my way around the house to the side door that leads to the basement.

The scene before me is not something I would have thought would be happening. The biggest grin on my face breaks out. The first thing I see is Leia and Gwen sitting next to each other, they seem to be taking pictures.

"Hello, Hello!" I exclaimed to everyone in the room. I stand next to Nikki who had the camera in her hand, "Are we taking pictures? Did I miss it?" I fake pout. Leia chuckles and shakes her head no.

"You haven't missed much I have 23 pictures left and I want to use all of them before I leave!" She removes her arm from Gwen's shoulder. I'm not going to question how they became friends again since one of them will tell me eventually. I'm just happy they're talking.

"Well, let's not waste them!" Walking in long strides and take a seat next to Gwen since Leia was on the other side. I pose to Nikki who has the camera up again.

"Ready?" She asks. I let out a big grin nodding my head. A flash takes over my vision making me blink. I hope I didn't blink in the picture, that would have been funny but a waste. I guess I'll just have to wait until she prints them out.

I get up from the couch, "come on group photos!" Nikki hands the camera to me and I hold it up in the air. I glance back and see Leia and Gwen hugging. Ozzie was posing like he was a model and that made me giggle. Nikki was close behind me doing a simple pose. "I'm taking it now!" I warn them and snap the photo making the flash come on once again.

"These are all going to be amazing to have with me," Leia says while looking at her friends. All of a sudden her smile becomes a frown, "I'm going to miss all of you guys." A sigh comes out of me and I make my way over to her.

I pull her into my embrace, giving her a tight hug, "We're going to miss you too, Leia." She squeezes harder once I say those words. " I'm glad we became friends." She mutters in my ears, "Even if I wasn't acting  like a good friend." She adds on right after.

We pull apart, "It's all forgiven, I promise." I give her a small smile. "Now come on why are we just standing here, we should be having a good time before you leave us."

"Yeah!" Gwen shouts agreeing with me. She stands closer to us ready to speak some more but just as that happens Jay and Nate come into the basement.

"Ready to party?" Jay spoke while showing us a brown shopping bag in his hand, " I got the snacks. Nate's got the keg." We all hear a big bang outside, followed by the door being opened by a fallen keg and Nate trying to pick it up.

"Lovely." I smile at the two boys who had just walked in. Jay smirks and walks over to me giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. My face starts to heat up from the PDA.

"Sorry!" Everyone's attention goes back to Nate who's bringing the keg inside. " I walked into a spiderweb, and she got away from me." Nate expressed out of breath and had a sad look on his face.

"Dude it's Leia's last night and you brought that nasty keg from Fourth of July?" Gwen makes a point to her half-brother. She wasn't wrong, he's had that thing for a while and the beer probably doesn't taste the best.

Nate looks up offended she would even say that. "I took care of this thing like it's my baby." He shows the keg and that looks perfectly fine. "Till I dropped it down the stairs." He slowly puts it back down as he feels ashamed.

Gwen smirks at him and I know she gonna say a joke to him, "Just like Mom did to you?"  I chuckle and look up at Jay.

"Burn!" He yells with a grin on his face. I couldn't hold back my laugh anymore and I fully let it all out.

"Bro." The look on Nate's face didn't help with my giggle fest at all.

"Bro." Jay shrugs his shoulder with a look. "Bro." Nate nods his head like he understands why Jay did it. What kind of bro language did they create? They've always done this but it confuses me every time.

"Old, flat, skunky beer?" Ozzie questions the boy near the door. "We are not this desperate." He points with a disgusted look.  Everyone looks around at each other. We were that desperate. I mean where else would we get the beer?

It didn't take us long before we put on music and started dancing our hearts out to 'I Wish'. I have a red solo cup in my hand and dancing with Jay. Nikki comes up to us with the camera from earlier. Jay pulls me in closer and kissed me on the cheek right when she takes the picture.

She nods her head and gave us a thumbs up making her way to the others. I turn my head to Jay who was already looking at me. I raise a brow at him and he shrugs with a cheesy smile on his face. I place a small simple kiss on his lips and back away. I move away from him heading over to Ozzie who was singing his heart out.

I clapped for him and danced with him. This is all I wanted for us. Just to have fun, this is what our summer should have been the whole time. I guess I enjoyed summer either way but it would have been better like this.

I look around the room and see everyone having fun. I wish this moment lasts forever. I turn back and start dancing with a blanket.

It's been maybe an hour and a half later and everyone has started to settle down. "I think I'm a really good dancer," Leia says confidently with a can of spray cheese in her hand. "It's your last night, so... sure," Gwen says next to her.

I shake my head at them. "Ozzie, are you gonna be sad when I'm gone?" She nudges his shoulder making him look up at her.

"Uh.." he pretends to think about it. "No." He takes a sip of his drink while looking at her with a straight face.

I sigh and stand up, "don't mind him, he isn't great about expressing his emotions." I try to reassure Leia. The frown on her face fades after and she nods at me.

He shrugs at us, "If I say how I feel, people say how they feel." He rolls his eyes and looks up at us from his seat, " And I don't care."

Leia nods and smiles looking back at the rest of us, "Well, this is the perfect last night to cap off the perfect summer." She giddy tells us.

"I'll drink to that." Gwen brings her can of spray cheese up to Leia who holds out her own. Once they clink together they start to spray a whole bunch into their mouths making me cringe. I don't get how they could eat all of that without anything else.

"I was worried when Leia and Gwen were fighting, it was gonna harsh the mood and make everything worse in the group," Nate says loudly to Jay and me.

I cringe at the way he said it, both Gwen and Leia look at the three of us and frown, "Make everything worse?" They say simultaneously.

Nikki quickly gets up and takes a picture of the situation. I shake my head no to her. It was not a good time for that.

"Worse?" Leia repeats looking at us.

I stand closer to her, "Not worse he just made it seem bad. We're glad you two are friends again!" I try to reassure her and I think it worked and she nodded.

"If you thought this was a big problem for the group you could have said something," Gwen says crossing her arms across her chest. Obviously, it was a problem she's been fighting with someone all summer. "No it wasn't a big problem we wanted to help but it was better you guys solved it on your own." I try to simmer down the situation.

"Anyway!" I try to change the subject. "It's getting late we should all start heading home!" I glance at everyone's faces, "Right Jay?" I glare at him so he gets the hint.

He quickly nods, "Yeah!". I say my goodbyes and grab Jay's arm leading him out of the basement.

Once we made out of there I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't have the mental capacity to handle that situation. It wasn't even a big deal we were all doing so well. I don't get why they took it the wrong way.

I start to walk still dragging Jay with me. "Rory." I ignore him wanting to get home fast because tomorrow will be Leia's last day and I don't want it to be bad.

"Ro." He comes to a halt making me stumble from his weight behind me. I turn to face him and he gives me a look. A look that's saying to talk to him.

"What's up with you?" He asks me quietly as if shouting would cause a commotion. "Nothing, Im just going to miss summer. The way things are happening right now besides the fighting makes me really happy." I peek up at him through my eyelashes.

"Everything is going to be fine." He pulls me into a hug wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his face in the crook of my neck. I hug him back putting my arms on his neck and standing on my tippy toes to reach better.

Can anything top this right now? This feeling has to be top-tier. Being in the embrace of your lover while in the night sky with the stars shining as bright as the flash of that camera. It was amazing. I hold onto him tighter not wanting to let go of him yet.

We stood there like that for a few more minutes before I finally met go, "Did that help?" He asks with a small smile making me nod. He slowly places his hand in mine and closes his own making out fingers interlock.

The butterflies in my stomach exploding from simple touches make me feel smitten inside just for him. I begin walking towards our houses enjoying the silence and the presence of Jay.

Once we got to our house and I kiss Jay on his cheek and we walked our separate ways.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

I woke up late and now I'm freaking out. How could I wake up late on the day she leaves? It's around noon, I just hope her mom didn't get here gets I do not want to miss saying goodbye to Leia.

I quickly put my shoes on and make my way out of my house. I start to sprint down the street where she lived. Getting there didn't take long but I was very much out of breath.

"I'm here!" I shout and everyone turns their heads to me. Leia gives me a big smile making me grin at her. I walk up to her, "You didn't miss anything everyone just got here too." She whispers to me making me laugh. "Thank god!" I hug her.

"I'm going to miss you, Leia. I really am. I hope Chicago treats you well, nothing will treat you better than our town though!" I giggle at her when she lets out a laugh too.

"But seriously, come back next summer, k?" She nods her head at me and gives me another hug. I let go and walk to the side to let others say their goodbyes too.

When everyone said something Leia's mom came out with Leia's luggage. That made everything actually feel like reality. She really is leaving for months.

"Okay, Le-Le. Last goodbyes, we gotta go." Her mom says while carrying the stuff to the car which was in the middle of everyone.

Leia and Gwen whisper stuff to each other before Nikki comes over to them, "Smile." She says. The two best friends pose with each other while Nikki snaps the picture. "My work here is done." Nikki gives back the camera to Leia. Leia pulls her in for their last hug.

"I am so sorry," Leia said making me widen my eyes and look at Gwen. "What?" The confused girl asks.

Gwen looks at me and back to Nikki, "Nothing." She grabs Leia's shoulders pulling her to the car where her mother was waiting. "Get in the car, Get in the car," Gwen repeats until Leia's finally inside.

"I'm really going to miss her," I say while everyone stands behind the car watching the interaction in front of them.

"Me too," Nate says making Nikki, Jay, and I look at him with confused looks. "Not." He snickers trying to hide what he said. They really can't keep secrets. They make things too obvious. I turn around and slap a hand on my forehead. I turn back around and watch the car start to drive away.

"Leia, nooo!" Ozzie finally breaks from his hard shell and breaks down. He holds his hands out for her but she's already gone. "It's okay, Oz." I rub his back trying to comfort him.

"Come back, Leia! Come Back!" He drops to his knees making me widen my eyes at him. I guess he really will miss her a lot. I think we all will.

Suddenly Jay pulls my arm and to the side of the driveway away from everyone. "Jay? Are you alright?" I question this because he seems nervous.

"Y- Yeah." He stutters while holding his arms behind his back making me furrow my eyebrows at him. "I just have a question for you."

"Okay?" I nod my head at him face full of confusion. He pulls out a bouquet of flowers behind him. Where the hell did these come from? He didn't have them before.

"Will you let me be your boyfriend, Aurora Stokes?"

My eyes widen, hands grasping the flowers in my hands. My eyes snapped from the flowers to his eyes. I was hoping he would ask me eventually but I didn't think he would ask me now!

"Yes, of course." I grab the side of his face full of happiness and smash my lips to his. I hold onto the side of his face trying to pull him closer. I hear clapping behind us which makes me break away from the kiss.

I look behind me and see our friends with grins on their faces and clapping for us. I giggle and show them my flowers. Nikki gives two thumbs up once I looked at her. I nod my head and look back at my lover.

He pulls me in for a kiss again with a wide grin on his face at my answer.

Well, I did say I wanted to accomplish new things this summer, I just didn't think having Jay Kelso as a boyfriend would be one of them.

This summer wasn't boring as I thought it was going to be.

( A/N: AHH IT'S OVER, I loved and hated this book I won't lie. It gave me some writer's block and the way I wrote it made me want to rewrite it all but anyway this is the end. I hope everyone liked it, it was fun to expand my writing, especially since this is my first time writing! I love you all, and thank you for the support you have given me. <3 p.s This isn't edited yet I just wanted to provide the last chapter for you guys. )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 3 19
A girl named Aurora keeps imagining events that have happened in the past while being chased by a boy who seems to know more than he leads on. Can th...
691K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...
3.2K 117 45
Aurora, a very innocent and stupid girl. Although she may act like a nerd, look like a nerd, think like a nerd, and other nerdy stuff nerds do... sh...