Decepticon Island (TF Aligned...

Av KentroKreations

Not long after the False Council was defeated, things returned to normal on Cybertron . . . for the Autobots... Mer

ONE WILL LISTEN
ONE WILL ARGUE
ONE WILL FIGHT
ONE WILL FOLLOW
TEAM BONDING PART 1
TEAM BONDING PART 2
TEAM BONDING PART 3
DOUBT
SEARCH AND RESCUE
PAST DOUBT
INTERVENTION
TROUBLE
SUFFERING FULL CIRCLE
SAVE
FAMILY REUNION
BROTHERLY LOVE
UNDERGROUND
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
RETRIBUTION
CHAAR
TRANSFER AND TRIAL
LUST, LOVE, AND MISCREANTS
CONFESSION
THE DEER AND THE OTHER WOLF
SETTLING DOWN

SEEKING SPARKS

35 1 0
Av KentroKreations

After picking up Moonracer and Phantomjaw, the Daytrader had to double-back in order to retrieve a few members that voluntarily stayed behind on a fertile planet to search for Energon and other necessary resources, which will take a while, as the quantum warp drive had burned through its power and needs time to recharge. At least nobody's bored!

Steeljaw and Phantomjaw played Catch Up in the privacy of their own room.

Knockout and Moonracer hung out with Dead End and talked about Breakdown and Velocitron.

Bumblebee remained on the bridge with Wreck-Gar as they discussed what to do next.

Slipstream would have gladly remained by her lover's side...

"SUNSTORM, GET BACK HERE!"

But much to her chagrin, she had to deal with her brothers.

"Curse my spark, what did I do to deserve this?" Slipstream grumbled, shaking her helm. She feels something hot approaching her, and in an instant, a golden, fiery glow shoots past her.

"HI, SLIPSTREAM!" Sunstorm greets.

A second later, a silver blur sped past her in the same direction as Sunstorm.

"DON'T INTERFERE!" Starscream warned.

Famous last words before there's a crash, followed by shouting. Slipstream laments her misfortune and jets on over to the bridge, transforming in the doorway.

"Please don't tell me they destroyed anything important!"

"We're fine, thanks for asking!" Starscream snapped. He twisted his helm to glare at his twin, who was splayed out beneath him. "Though Sunstorm won't be for long."

"Aw, come on, Scream!" Sunstorm whined.

"Don't pull that scrap with me, Sunstorm! I'm not falling for it!"

"Blazing stars, Scream, you can be so annoying!"

"Look who's talking!"

"SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU!" Slipstream shouted.

"Slipstream, love, calm down. It was a simple accident. No one was harmed." Wreck-Gar spoke, approaching the femme and wrapping his arms around her frame.

What is with those two? And why does he keep calling her 'love'? Starscream pondered. They can't possibly be...

"Hey, Scream, you alright?" Sunstorm asked, waving a servo in front of his brother's faceplate. "You seem kind of angry. Are you still mad at me? Scream?"

"WHAT?"

The silver Seeker's voice echoed throughout the room, startling everyone, including himself.

"Sorry," Starscream rasped, then pointed to his sister and Wreck-Gar. "I'm just wondering why you two are so..."

"It's because we're conjunx-endura, Scream," Slipstream interrupted, wrapping one arm around Wreck-Gar and placing the other on a cocked hip. "Got a problem with that?"

Silence fell.

Starscream subconsciously decided to take his leave. Nobody bothered to go after him once he was gone and out of sight. He walked the halls with no destination in mind. He was too busy racking through his processor, trying to figure out how Slipstream and Wreck-Gar, such seemingly opposite bots, could become so close that they're willing to spend the rest of their lives with each other. As much as Starscream would love to have someone like that, he felt it was impossible. His options are either offline, or had betrayed him in some way or another.

Shockwave wouldn't betray me unless he had a very good reason to, or as he would say, a "logical" reason.

Starscream stopped dead in his tracks.

Did I just say something nice about Shockwave? What is wrong with me? Why have I been talking about Shockwave, thinking about Shockwave, and not in a murderous way?

Memories of his time spent with Shockwave caused Starscream's spark to pulse a little faster.

I can't possibly have feelings for him! Of all the mechs I could like-like! Him? Really? We hate each other! Well, I guess Shockwave is more so indifferent. Gah! Curse these wretched thoughts and feelings! Why should I even care about him? Why do I care about him?

Starscream hissed as he clutched his helm in his claws.

NO, STARSCREAM, NO! DON'T THINK LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T LOVE HIM, AND THERE'S NO WAY HE WOULD EVER LOVE YOU! HE DOESN'T LOVE OR CARE ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN SCIENCE! DON'T YOU SEE THAT, YOU PATHETIC...

He screeched when someone grabbed a hold of his wrists and pulled his servos away.

"Calm down! You want the whole ship thinking I'm killing you?"

Starscream opened his optics and immediately recognized the neutral and red-colored Eradicon.

"Of... Of course not!" Starscream vented. The other mech released him. "So, what can I do for you... Fodder, right?"

"Yeah, and there's nothing you can do for me. Well, actually, there is. Sort of. I mean, I came to find you because Shockwave needs you for something," Fodder explained.

"Why?"

Starscream's question went unanswered as Fodder grabbed his servo and dragged him all the way to Shockwave's lab, which was a short trip, as it was only a few corridors down and away from where they were. When they reached their destination, Starscream noticed the door slightly ajar. He raised an optical ridge and looked at Fodder.

"I'm surprised Shockwave would leave the door to the lab open, even if it's only a little."

Fodder just shrugged and pushed the door open. They were greeted by quite the sight.

A clean, sterilized lab? Yes.

A neat and tidy one? Not so much.

"Okay, there is no way Shockwave would leave a mess like this!"

His need for organization kicking in, Starscream did not hesitate to get to work. He was so engrossed in his task that he didn't notice Fodder leaving, closing the door on his way out, or the entrance of someone a few minutes later.

"Honestly, who is stupid enough to just leave all this stuff lying around? Something could blow up and do serious damage!"

"You wouldn't have minded that back on the Nemesis."

Starscream shrieked and swerved around, bumping into a set of pristine glass beakers he was carefully rearranging. Thankfully, nothing broke.

"Shockwave! I... I was just..."

"Starscream, less stuttering, more talking."

"R...Right, sorry!"

Starscream cleared his throat.

"Fodder said you needed me for something?"

Despite not really having a face, Shockwave's confusion was as clear as day.

"I didn't need you for anything."

The mechs remained silent, contemplating why Fodder would lie about such a thing, just to get the two of them...

Starscream stiffened.

Oh scrap. Don't tell me he knows I have feelings for Shockwave! No, I don't have feelings for him! I just think I might, that's all. But, is that really all that much different? I'm sure it is, on some level or another or whatever. The point is he left the two of us alone!

Another thought hit Starscream.

Oh, to the Pits, he better not have!

Starscream raced around Shockwave and over to the door. He tried to open it, but much to his chagrin, it wouldn't budge.

"That little glitch!" Starscream hissed. He tried even harder to open the door to no avail. "You have got to be kidding me!"

"Something the matter?" Shockwave asked.

"Yes! Your assistant just locked us in here!"

If Shockwave was going to make an argument, he didn't get the chance to as the ship hit major turbulence. Starscream lost his balance and fell back against a hard surface. Whatever it was, he wasn't expecting something to wrap around his body and hold him tight.

The ship gave a violent shudder and fell silent, the lights dimming to black.

Starscream waited a few minutes before unwrapping his arms from the solid mass that held him in place, which was easier said than done, considering how deep his claws were buried in the Energon-stained...

Wait.

The silver Seeker released a startled chirp as he felt something shift around him.

"Starscream."

"Shockwave? Oh, am I..."

"Digging your claws into my arm? Yes."

"Sorry!"

Shockwave grunted as Starscream worked to detach himself. He could also sense the latter's tension and anxiety a mile away, which piqued his interest.

"Starscream, if we really are stuck in here for a while, it would be logical to pass the time by talking about what's bothering you."

"Nothing's bothering me! Besides, why do you care? It's not like you like me, anyway."

Shockwave tilted his helm.

"It is illogical of you to assume that I do not care for you."

Starscream nearly shot out of Shockwave's hold.

"Are you saying you actually like me?" Starscream gasped, wings perked and optics wide.

Shockwave stiffened. He suddenly realized he didn't have a logical explanation to back him up.

"I... I didn't exactly say that. More of... How shall I describe it?"

Surprise turned to amusement. Starscream laughed at Shockwave's inability to make an argument, let alone speak properly.

"Shockwave, less stuttering, more talking."

Starscream almost regretted his decision to make fun of Shockwave when said mech grabbed and removed him, but then something happened. Something rather cliche, Starscream would admit.

Thank Primus Knockout wasn't there.

As Shockwave rose to his pedes, something caused him to lose balance, sending both mechs crashing to the floor. Starscream groaned from the heavy weight pressing down on him.

Now he regretted his decision to tease Shockwave.

"Well, this is quite the predicament," Starscream grumbled.

"In a single word: embarrassing," Shockwave admitted.

"Never thought you would be embarrassed by anything, Shockwave."

"Only if the others walk in and see me on top of you."

"Are you saying you'd be embarrassed by me?"

"Would you prefer the logical or illogical answer?"

Starscream gaped at Shockwave.

"You are unbelievable."

Shockwave was just about to ask what Starscream meant when he kissed him.

Starscream. Kissed. Shockwave.

Shockwave's processor was rendered useless, a blank cloud filled with nothing.

"Starscream, are you perchance suffering from a malfunction?" Shockwave managed to ask.

"Depends," Starscream rasped.

Shockwave noticed the blue-tinted faceplate, a heated frame growing hotter by the second, and labored venting that didn't sound quite right. Wait, this is Starscream! Why is he worrying? Still, his curiosity got the better of him.

"On?"

Shockwave pushed himself up off of Starscream on a shaky, leaking arm. Starscream's claws did more damage than he initially thought. He suddenly landed on his side with a thud. Starscream grew worried when he saw Energon forming a small pool around Shockwave's arm.

"Oh scrap, Shockwave, I'm so sorry!"

"You are well aware of all that I have been through. I will be fine."

Yet, Starscream's concern remained. He shuffled closer to Shockwave and curled up against his chassis.

"Are you going to finish?" Shockwave asked.

"Huh? Oh, right!" Starscream perked. "If I am suffering a malfunction, then it depends on how much you believe in me actually caring about you. You know, before Fodder brought me here, I was having a bit of a breakdown. I was thinking about you, and wondering why I'm having these feelings. I don't know why I all of a sudden care about you so much, and it's driving me insane! I feel like I shouldn't care about you, and yet, you're one of the only good things I can think about nowadays. I know, it doesn't make any sense. That's why I tried to leave earlier. I didn't want to talk to you about this so soon!"

Shockwave tilted his helm, debating on the most logical way to respond.

"I understand your confusion..." Shockwave hesitantly began. "However, I am not the one to talk to about this specific topic. Might I suggest Knockout as an alternative?"

Starscream growled and smacked his helm against Shockwave's plating.

"You can be so hard to deal with at times, you know that?"

"I believe the Earth expression is pot calling the kettle black."

Starscream swatted Shockwave's antennae with a servo.

"Shut up. I've had a long day, and I would like to get some rest before we're rescued."

Shockwave didn't argue, and soon, both mechs drew into a peaceful recharge...

Until the next day brings chaos.

"So... Shockwave? The two of you, locked in the same room, together. In the dark. Frames pressed against each other."

"Shut up, Knockout."

Starscream and Knockout were sitting in the galley, the former in a bad mood and the latter in a good mood.

"Hey, I'm just telling it like I hear it," Knockout defends, wearing his signature smirk.

"I am going to kill whoever opened their mouth first and started this whole thing," Starscream growled, his claws tightening around a cube of Energon. His tone scared the present Vehicons.

"You're scaring the workers, Starscream," Bumblebee stated as he walked past to grab a cube for himself.

"And I should care because why?"

"Well, for one thing, they don't deserve the disrespect you throw at them. From what I've seen, the Vehicons do their jobs without complaint and, unlike what I'm certain was the case with Megatron, aren't killed because of a little mishap. Just a stern talking-to, some extra work, and they're good to go."

Bumblebee paused.

"Also, I don't think Slipstream will allow you to get away with harming even a single member of the crew."

"That's true," Starscream scoffed, taking a sip of Energon. "Thanks for reminding me."

"Aw, Bee, why'd you have to tell him that?" Knockout whined, dramatically draping his frame across their table. "Now there's one less thing for me to be entertained by!"

A servo hit Knockout's helm, shocking him up to a sitting position.

"Hey! What..."

"Get your aft off the table and behave yourself for once!"

Knockout instantly returned to his seat, having recognized the voice.

"Sorry, Moonracer," Knockout apologized..

"Uh-huh," Moonracer said. "Just, dial back on the troublemaking, please?"

"No guarantees!"

Moonracer just shook her helm. She knew her former mentor was right. No matter what anyone said or did, Knockout would always be himself. He rarely if ever changed his ways.

"So long as you try," Moonracer vented. "Anyway, have any of you seen Steeljaw recently?"

Silence.

"I'm guessing that's a 'no'."

The others shook their helms.

"GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!"

Completely oblivious to the vibe of the room, Sunstorm barged in, even more giddy than usual, bouncing from ped to ped and squealing in barely contained excitement.

"How does he have so much energy?" Knockout asked a rather indifferent Starscream.

"I don't know," Starscream groaned. He addressed his brother. "What is it, Sunny?"

The warm and fiery Seeker calmed down for barely 2 seconds before erupting into more squeals and throwing himself at his brother. Starscream was nearly knocked out of his seat.

"I'm so happy you're calling me by my nickname, Scream!" Sunstorm chirped. Surprisingly, Starscream didn't try to push his twin off.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," Starscream huffed, wrapping an arm around his twin and holding him close. "Besides, I am not in the mood."

"Is it because everyone knows you slept with Shockwave on the laboratory floor?"

The other bots struggled to hold their laughter. Starscream rolled his optics and rested his helm in the palm of his free servo.

"Yes, that. Thank you, Sunny. Now, why are you here?"

"Oh, right!"

Sunstorm jumped out of Starscream's hold and dashed back to the doorway.

"We're just about to pick up the Rainmakers! Come on!"

The Vehicons followed Sunstorm out, excitedly talking among themselves.

"The Rainmakers?" Bumblebee repeated, rubbing his chin. "Why do they sound so familiar?"

"Ask Shockwave," Starscream said, downing the remainder of his Energon. "He knows them better than anyone else."

"Oh, and how would you know that? Wait, don't tell me! Let me guess! Did Shockwave tell you about it when... OW!" Knockout was promptly shut up, again, by a pair of well-placed strikes to the back of the helm, courtesy of Bumblebee and Moonracer.

"No, I already knew."

"Okay, but how? Did you know them before the War or something?"

"Not exactly."

"Wait, I think I remember reading about them! They're a trine of weather specialists, right?" Bumblebee asked.

"Yes, they stayed behind on Cybertron with Shockwave," Starscream answered.

"I thought Shockwave was all alone on Cybertron, save for Predaking?" Knockout questioned.

"He probably sent them off on a mission or whatever, I don't know. Like I said, ask Shockwave."

Knockout said something else, but Starscream wasn't listening.

"What I don't get is how Shockwave knows more about them than you do, Starscream," Bumblebee expressed his confusion. "I mean, weren't you in charge of the Decepticons aerial force?"

"I was, yes, but that particular trine was different. Unlike the Energon Seekers and scientists of Vos, the Rainmakers are originally from Tarn, which just so happens to be where Shockwave is from, too. That trine never said anything, but I always knew they were never big fans of us high caste flight-frames. When the time came, instead of becoming Energon Seekers under my command, the Rainmakers opted to stay by Shockwave's side. Our force at home, if you will."

The group fell silent, allowing the information to sink in as they entered the bridge, which was populated by what appeared to be the entire crew, as the ship landed among a sea of rolling hills.

SLIPSTREAM: {This is the Daytrader calling for Acid Storm, Ion Storm, and Nova Storm! Rainmakers, come in! Do you copy?}

No response.

SLIPSTREAM: {Rainmakers, this is Slipstream! Please respond!}

No response.

Everyone was starting to worry, especially Shockwave. Knockout wouldn't have believed that Shockwave, of all mechs, would be worried about others, had it not been for what Starscream revealed just a little while ago.

SLIPSTREAM: {Acid, Ion, Nova, pick up, dammit!}

That's when the alarm for the ship's Emergency Lock went off, startling the very tense bots.

"I don't have time to deal with this scrap right now," Slipstream growled. "Someone access the security cameras and tell me who just entered!"

The bots turned to a bit of mob mentality in order to adhere to Slipstream's command. Not that it mattered when a pair of jets flew in and transformed: a neon green mech and a bulky, bright yellow femme, both with black and silver detailing and red optics clouded in exhaustion.

"Sorry about that, but we couldn't wait any longer," the yellow femme vented.

"It's alright, Nova, I'm just glad you're safe," Slipstream reassured.

"Where is Ion Storm?" Shockwave demanded, forcing his way through the crowd of bots to reach his...

Friends?

Colleagues?

Hometown buddies?

Knockout wasn't sure what to call them.

"That's the problem, we don't know, and we looked for him everywhere!" The green mech lamented.

"We have been searching non-stop for cycles now, so I'm sure part of our problem is due to lack of proper recharge and fueling," Nova Storm admitted.

Slipstream and Shockwave were not happy about this.

"Acid Storm, it was illogical of you to continue on your mission without taking care of yourself first," Shockwave reprimanded.

"My apologies, Shockwave, but I was a bit preoccupied with making sure that my brother's still online!" Acid Storm snapped.

Most of the bots reeled from the green mech's outburst. If Knockout and his team-mates had to guess, Acid Storm rarely if ever lost his temper with anyone, let alone Shockwave.

"Acid Storm, you and Nova are too far from functional sanity for my liking, and losing your helm like this isn't helping matters!" Slipstream argued in a firm, steady tone. "So, you two are staying in med-bay while we search for Ion. I don't want you up and about until either me or Dead End says otherwise. Do I make myself clear?"

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.2K 40 10
When a deadly virus is unleashed on Cybertron can the Autobots find a cure and save everyone before it's too late?
10.6K 289 14
Years after the war between the Autobots and Decepticons Starscream wants nothing to do with ether faction. And ponders his place in the universe. Bu...
13.8K 546 21
You are far from human. You're not a mutant, super-human, or anything that constitutes being extraordinary. You're not even from Earth No, you are n...
62.8K 2.5K 44
The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a friend, and a beacon for hope. Jack Darby...