Bitter (wlw) (teacherxstudent)

By justgayandtired

19 year old Ellie has just moved to New York, waiting to start her first year of college, when she meets her... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
hi!! :)
sixteen
seventeen
seventeen, again
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
a/n
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty, again
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
short a/n
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety (EPILOGUE)
one last author's note :')
spin-off is out !

thirty-seven

6K 190 41
By justgayandtired

"So, what's going on? I've been hearing less of you everyday and your mind always seems to be miles away" Mei asked as I handed her a coffee I'd just made for her. My shift was in the morning because our classes were all during the afternoon that day.

While I always assumed that she'd come to the shop only when Sarah was there, the fact that my shift that day was with Maya made me realize that maybe she was actually concerned about me.

What she said wasn't totally wrong, but the only reason I might have appeared that way was because my mind had been constantly occupied by Sam in those days. After telling each other the three words for the first time, something between us changed, or better intensified.

Everything reminded me of her and I just wanted to be with her constantly. I was genuinely the happiest I'd been in a very long time.

But for very different reasons I couldn't say that in front of the two people in the room with me in that moment. For a few seconds I even feared that Maya would say something she absolutely shouldn't have said.

"Uh, I don't know, I'm fine. Really" I reassured Mei. "I'm in a better mood than usual if anything. I guess the first signs of spring in the air are affecting me"

"Hmm" she sipped her coffee. "You sure? Something in you seems off. I miss spending time with you"

"We can have lunch together later if you want" I said, realizing how much long had actually passed since the last time the two of us hung out alone.

"Of course I do. Sounds great" she smiled.

"I'll text you when I'm done then"

"Perfect" she gave me a thumbs up. "Also, the both of you keep ignoring mine and Sarah's invite to have another night out together. Don't think I haven't noticed"

"If you promise you won't end up grinding on each other in front of everyone again, then I might accept" Maya said, keeping her back turned to us.

"I promise we won't" Mei laughed. "You can't say no now, Ellie"

"Fine, I'll come" I sighed, being too panicked to think of another valid excuse now that my other one, not wanting to third-wheel, didn't make sense anymore.

I hoped I hadn't gotten myself into anything too messy. I probably had though. Anything that involved me and Maya together probably could have been considered messy.

"That's what I like to hear! We can talk about it later. I'll wait for your text, then" Mei said.

"Yeah, sure. See you later" I forced a smile as my friend hugged me and headed out. One thing about Mei was that she was an amazing hugger.

I then let out a groan of frustration, forgetting people could actually see and hear me for a second.

"Don't you feel bad?" Maya suddenly asked, bringing me back to reality.

"About what?"

"Completely lying to a close friend. I could never. And also about acting so despaired because you're gonna have to spend an evening with me" she turned around.

"That's not- Whatever. I'm not lying to her. I mean, yeah, but not in a way that would hurt her"

"You sure about that?"

"Of course" I furrowed a brow.

"I don't know, Ellie. She's gonna find out sometime. But I guess that lying must be a matched personality trait between you and your- my- fuck. Her"

"Just say her name" I laughed. If she was going to keep on with the put-downs I may have as well played along.

"Anyway" she just went on. "At the end of the day you should do what you feel is best. Just some advice"

I absolutely wasn't going to admit she was right, but I did somewhat feel bad about lying to Mei. I hated having to hide something so big from her, but I also knew that telling her would create some problems in our friendship, something I wanted to avoid if I could. I felt grateful to have found such a good friend in her, and I didn't want that to end.

At lunch I was reminded of how much I appreciated her genuine care and interest towards me and what I was talking to her about, but also spending time with her outside of college and listening to her stories.

She told me about how she and Sarah had started to see each other more often, and she really seemed happy when talking about it. I was really glad she found someone who could treat her like she deserved.

Mei was definitely the kind of person you could spend hours with and not feel bored for a single second, who'd make it seem as time was passing by more quickly than usual. I also really did admire her being always positive about stuff and the way she'd almost never get discouraged when any kind of problems arose. We definitely all need a Mei in our lives.

Spending time with her that day really put me in a good mood, better than the one I'd already been in in those days. And even if I'd just used it as an excuse earlier, the first signs of spring in the air also contributed.

As much as I'd always say how much I loved fall, realizing it's getting warm enough to go out without a thick coat, seeing the first flowers scattered around the city and noticing it's not pitch dark in mid-afternoon was a different kind of joy. I was definitely more of a spring person, deep down.

The anticipation of spring break coming in a month or so was also a bonus point, especially because Vic said she'd been looking into visiting me here in New York for a few days. I didn't want to start making plans just in case she wouldn't end up being able to come, but I couldn't help already imagining me showing her all my favorite places. And also her finally meeting Sam.

"You know Vic might be visiting for spring break?" I told Sam once I was in my usual spot in her office.

"Yeah? That's nice"

"I know! You can finally meet her"

"I can finally meet the person to whom you talked about me for months" she chuckled.

"You need to stop bringing that up" I elbowed her.

"It's just funny to me"

"We basically tell each other everything, I couldn't just keep...you from her" I shrugged. "You must have told someone about me at some point"

"Not until we were about to make it official"

"Really?" I said, realizing I'd never really thought about that. She'd never really talk about her friends to me, actually.

"You know I'm not big with sharing stuff about my life to many people"

"True. I feel honored to know so much about you, then"

"Of course you do, you're my girlfriend" she laughed. "It'd be weird if you didn't"

"Also true" I giggled, pecking her lips. She cupped my face with her hands and kissed me back a little harder.

"Why do your lips taste so... sweet?" she asked, pulling away but still close enough for our noses to be touching.

"I had pancakes for lunch like an hour ago" I laughed.

"Why on earth would you have pancakes for lunch?"

"I don't know. Felt rebellious, I guess"

"That's so American of you" she chuckled. "I could never"

"Or maybe you English people just don't have taste"

"I'll just agree with you so you won't insist"

"Thank you" I proudly smiled.

"Also" she cleared her throat. "I kind of need to tell you something, speaking of English people" her expression suddenly became more serious. The kind of expression she'd have when teaching, which would usually kind of turn me on. But I sensed that wasn't the right moment.

"What's up?" I asked, trying not to seem too worried about what she was going to say.

"You know I've been attending a bunch of work meetings recently. Like, more than usual"

"Yeah" I nodded, waiting for the rest.

"I, uhm, I didn't wanna talk about it until it was official, but I was offered this opportunity to hold some lessons in London-"

"London?" I unintentionally gasped.

"Yeah. But it'd just be ten days. It's this cycle of open lessons about various topics including what I teach. And it'd really open up a ton of opportunities for my career, there'll be a bunch of important professors or whatever"

"Oh my fucking god, I thought you were gonna say you had to move to London" I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I would not share that kind of news so casually" she laughed. "But still, I felt like I should tell you beforehand"

"I don't know, you can be unpredictable at times" I shrugged. "When would you be going?"

"A week from today"

"Oh"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I just-"

"It's okay. A week is plenty of time for getting ready to miss you" I joked. "We can make the most of the next few days"

"That's not fair, you saying stuff like that" she pouted, probably the first time since I'd known her. "Don't make me already sad about it"

"I have never ever seen you pout like that" I giggled, kissing the sad face away.

"Well, as I said, you're making me sad. But yeah, I'll make sure to have enough free time in these days"

"I'm sure we can survive ten days apart. And it's not as if we can't call each other whenever"

It felt unusual to be the one comforting her and not the other way around, but I was glad if I could help in any way.

"There'll be a five hour timezone, but yeah, true. It'll just be weird to know that you won't join me in my office after a stressful day of teaching"

"And it'll be weird to know that I can't sit in your lap in your office after a stressful day of classes" I said, wrapping my arms over her shoulders. "But this sounds like a big work opportunity, I'm really happy for you"

"Yeah, it kind of is. Thank you, love" she smiled, gripping my waist and kissing me again. "Is the door locked?" she later on added.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
411K 18.8K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
13.5K 172 18
18 year old Emily and her mom moves to a new city. She has to face new challenges by finding new friends, going to a new school and finding a job. A...
30.9K 803 40
Y/n is a high school student, she is the basketball captain of their school and she is the popular girl in whole school mostly with girls because of...