Complete Chaos

By Zgenrdz

Julia's life completely changes when she discovers that she has to deal with the upside down, the mind flayer... More

000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
076
077
078
079
080
081
082
083
084
085
086
Thank You!
087
088
089
090
091
The Kids
092
093
094

075

2.1K 43 14
By Zgenrdz

By the month of August, Steve quit Family Video and started working full-time at his father's boring job.

He didn't like his coworkers, but he loved talking to the customers. He could put his charm to good use.

His father had three agencies, the bigger one in Hawkins, the second one was in Illinois, and he recently opened one in California. He wanted to open at least one in every state.

The Harringtons Agency was becoming popular in Hawkins.

A lot of people were trying to sell their houses after Vecna attacked, and because of that, not a lot of people wanted to buy the houses.

Now a few months have passed, and a few people have become interested in buying the houses in the small town of Hawkins. They were drawn to the weird events that had occurred in the last few years.

Mr. Harrington was unaware, but his son knew all about it. Steve's favorite part was to give the possible buyers a tour of the town. Places he knew since he was little, places he had to go to fight monsters, and new places he always goes back to.

Steve entered Julia's business with six people. A single man in his mid-20s. A couple in their 30s with their two kids and an older bald man.

"If you decide to move to Hawkins, you can eat all of these delicious desserts," Steve said, gesturing to the donuts, cakes, and cookies that were behind him.

Julia smiled, seeing her boyfriend. She knew Steve was not the happiest with the job; she told him she was going to find another way to pay his father back, but Steve insisted he had to do it.

She couldn't deny he looked extra handsome in a suit. He recently got a trim, and his hair was pushed back a little. He used a specific cologne for work she loved.

Julia walked to the front of the store holding a circular plate on top of it; she had pieces of cookie they could try. "Hello, everyone. Welcome to The Secret Ingredient," Julia said in an upbeat tone.

The kids quickly made their way to her and grabbed two pieces of cookies. "The cookies are so good, Mom," one of the kids said, looking up at the woman.

The older kid grabbed another cookie. "It's a sugar cookie," he said with crumbs on the side of his mouth.

Julia smiled at the two kids. They were much older than her daughter.

It didn't take long for the plate to be empty. With the empty plate, Julia walked away. She was happy everyone liked her cookies. It always made her feel proud of herself when the customers enjoyed her creations.

Steve watched Julia as she walked to the back room. Someone whistled behind him. "I'll tell you what. I'll buy the house just so I can see her every day," the 25-year-old man said.

Steve turned around to be face-to-face with Ty. Ty was a few inches taller than him. He had dirty blonde hair and a tan. Steve didn't know why Ty wanted to move to Hawkins. He didn't belong in a town like this.

A few seconds ago, Steve thought if Ty stayed, they could become friends, but now Steve wanted him far away from Hawkins.

Ty licked his full lips, and his eyes remained on Julia. Steve walked in front of Ty and clapped his hands together. The kids flinched with the sudden sound. "The tour is over. I'll take you guys back to the neighborhood," Steve said directly, looking at Ty.

"I'll be there in a second. I'm going to buy a few donuts," the older man said.

"Mom, I want donuts too," the young girl said, pulling on her mothers dress. The woman looked at her husband. The man let out a sigh and said, "I'm only buying one donut you two have to share." The siblings began to complain. They didn't want to share.

"It's that or nothing," he said. The kids crossed their arms over their chest and grumpily said, "fine."

The man left his family behind and walked toward Julia. He was in line behind the older man who was carefully picking out his donuts.

"Hey man. What's her name," Ty asked, pointing at Julia standing next to Steve.

"Her name is Julia, and she's my wife," he lied.

Ty did a double take and faced Steve. His eyes moved down to his hand where a wedding ring was missing, noticing Steve moved his hand behind him but not fast enough.

"She's your wife, huh. Where's your wedding ring."

"I was in a rush this morning and forgot to put it on," Steve answered.

Ty laughed at him, not believing his lies. He rolled his eyes at Steve. "She can do much better than you, man."

Steve stood up straight, "And you think you're better than me."

Ty shrugged with a smirk on his face. "I can show her a good time and take her out of this little business." He looked around the bakery with a disgusted look on his face.

Steve was mad and ready to fight. "Listen, man." Steve poked Ty's shoulder.

"This is her business for the last year. She has worked nonstop to have it where it is right now. I'm proud of everything she has accomplished, and I know her business is going to do great things."

Ty crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Steve. "She doesn't need you to show her a good time," he said sternly. "She's my girlfriend, my best friend, and the mother of my daughter. I love her more than life itself, and I'll marry her one day." He said the last part more to himself than to Ty.

"Man, if you love her so much, why are you not married. What are you waiting for?"

What was he waiting for? It was a good question.

He knew she was the one months ago. Sometimes it felt as if they were married. They only needed to sign the papers to make it real.

Steve turned around and saw Julia take care of the last customer. She felt someone was staring at her and lifted her face, and their eyes locked.

She could see there was something wrong with Steve. His face didn't have his usual spark. She lifted her hand, giving him a thumb up. In their own way, asking him if he was okay.

He chuckled lightly and responded by giving her a thumb up. Without having to say any words, they knew each other. They knew when something was wrong, and they knew what to do to make the other one feel better.

There was no doubt in Steve's mind that she was his other half. They were soulmates made for each other. He waved at her and walked out of the business.

◦ ◦ ◦

Julia and Melody were in the dining room. A plate was ready for Steve. Both girls were waiting for him.

The front door opened. Melody smiled and yelled, "dada." She knew her father was home. Melody began to crawl.

"We are in the kitchen," Julia said, grabbing a glass of water.

A tired Steve made his way to them. He was starving but ignored the food. He gave his daughter a quick smile and walked up to Julia.

He hugged her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I love you so much," he said.

Julia brushed the back of his hair. "I love you too, Steve."

He broke the hug and stared into her soft eyes.

Today showed him he was taking too long in asking her an important question. They were living together for over a year, and they had a beautiful daughter together.

She was the only one he wanted in his life. Having Julia by his side made him a better person. She's the one he can count on. His one and only true love.

"Marry me," he said quickly. He was stuck in his mind, and the words spilled out.

She looked at him confused, and took a step back.

He smiled at her and shoved his hand inside his pocket. "Julia, I love you," he repeated, this time his voice cracking. He took out something from his pocket, a small ring. "You are the love of my life and my best friend. I want to spend the rest of my days with you."

He bent down on one knee. He placed the small ring between index finger and thumb.

Julia was surprised with his confession. It wasn't the same as when he proposed over a year ago. This was different this time around; she knew him better, he wasn't a complete stranger anymore.

She knew they would eventually get married. She knew he was the one she wanted to be with.

He looked up at her. His big brown eyes staring back at her. "I want to be there in your bad days and in your good days. I love every part of you, even the ones you have trouble loving yourself."

Julia had tears forming in her eyes. She couldn't believe it. Her hands began to shake with excitement. She moved her shaky hand to her mouth.
"Steve," she breathed out.

"I have a list of reasons why I love you, and I know as we continue to grow old together, the list will grow too."

He looked down at the small ring in his hand. He didn't have a lot of money to buy the biggest diamond, and he didn't want to borrow his mother's ring this time around.

"I know the diamond is small, but Julia, I promise I'll get you one better. I'll take extra shifts with my father. I'll maybe start working during the weekend to save up more money."

Before he could continue any longer, Julia hugged him. He didn't expect the hug and fell back, taking both of them to the floor.

The couple laughed. Julia had her arms around his neck, and Steve had one of his hands behind her lower back; with his other hand, he was still securely holding the ring.

She rested her face on his chest, and with a smile on her face, she said, "I'll marry you, Steve Harrington."

He kissed the top of her head. He was scared she was going to react the same way she did the first time he proposed to her.

He couldn't contain his happiness. He hugged her with both of his arms. Squishing her close to his chest. "I love you," he said repeatedly.

He realized he was still holding the ring. "Oh wait, this is for you."

He held her left hand and put the ring on her finger. "It fits perfectly," Steve said. He was proud he got her ring size correct.

Julia stared at the beautiful but simple ring in her hand.
"It's perfect."

She kissed his cheek and whispered "I love you."

The proposal was not extravagant, it was simple, but knowing Steve, it was the most Steve thing ever. She couldn't think of a better way to get proposed.

From the floor, they lifted their heads and looked at their daughter, who was standing up on her own.

Her arms were shaking as she took wobbly steps toward her parents. "Mama," Melody cried and moved one of her legs up. "Dada," she added and put her foot down.

She slowly moved one foot in front of the other. Her steps were slow and shaking with every move.

Julia and Steve stared at her with their mouths open. Their little girl was walking. Only a few months ago, she learned how to crawl, and now she was walking.

"That's my brave little girl." Steve encouraged her, seeing that Melody looked nervous.

When Melody was in front of the pair, she dropped her body on top of her father, accidentally hitting her mother on the face with her hand.

Julia moved back, and Steve hugged his two girls.

His day ended better than he could ever dream of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 10.9K 34
'I live in a man's world, and it's hard to thrive in a world that isn't designed for you' 'She's...too good for someone like me' (Steve Harrington x...
97.9K 3.3K 43
「 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓: The Mind Flayer is dead. The Upside Down is destroyed. But One's story isn't over yet. Reunited with her mother, One is brought to the D...
7.8K 272 27
stranger things seasons one, two, three, and four eventual steve harrington x fem! oc stranger things x two oc's ongoing - SLOW UPDATES © voidvaleska