LOST ONES.

By daprettiestt_nii

โTHEY SAY EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND PEOPLE CHANGE LIKE THE SEASONS.โž - BOOK 1 More

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—.
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–.
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—.
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•.
book 2.

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—.

5.2K 305 82
By daprettiestt_nii

ATLANTA, GEORGIA - 12:02PM

❝Hey, Milan.❞ My grandma spoke over the phone sounding like she had food stuffed in her mouth.

"Hi." I put my phone on speaker phone as I played with Nugget. I was so happy Prada took me to get him because without him my life was really boring. It was so lonely, but it's not anymore. And I really liked how Nugget was clingy. It was so cute.

Though, Prada ain't like it 'cause he felt like he should be the only one clingy to me. For the past week or so, Prada been showing me a different side. He was super clingy and attached, and I didn't want him being the only one showing his different side so I showed mine too.

"So, I'm having a cookout around 2. You should come." She stated and I stopped playing with Nugget for a second.

"Um.. I don't know." I said. I didn't have anything to do, but I just felt like my mom would be there along with everyone else. And I wasn't ready for that. I didn't need to be around them people. It wouldn't do anything but bring me back to my depressed state and I didn't need that.

"Milan, please. We want to see you. It's been so long. After you went off to college you just stopped coming around. We miss you."

"You not slick like I just feel like everybody gone be there."

"No their not. We made soul food. You could invite a friend."

"Alright." I hung up.

The first person I thought to bring was Ximena. So, I texted her and she told me to come get her. I didn't want to leave Nugget by himself knowing I'll most likely be gone for awhile. The last time I
left him by himself, he dirtied up my whole apartment and I don't want that again. So, I just planned to drop him off with Prada. If he didn't mind which I'm sure he wouldn't. I just had to see what he was doing first.

I wasted no time getting ready. There was no need getting all cute so I just picked out something comfortable, put my hair inna ponytail, and left out with Nugget.

The whole car ride we was listening to Future getting turnt up. Nugget was barking acting like he was rapping and shit.

I texted Prada letting him know I was outside. Seconds later, he came outside with that mean ass mug on his face. He tapped my window and I let it down.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked while he puckered his lips. "You okay?"

"Milan, come on." He grabbed my neck and smashed his lips onto mine. He pecked all over my face and that let me know that he missed me. I love when niggas ate hard but really be a softie for real. So, cute! "I'm okay, mama. You okay? Where you going?"

"I'm fine and I'm just asking because you came out the house like something wrong with you." I told him as I handed him Nugget through the window.

He already had Nugget things over like a food bowl and stuff like that.

"Ain't nothing wrong I just wanna hang witchu, but you going somewhere already. Where you going?"

"To my grandma house."

He squinted his eyes at me. "...Milan."

"I know, I know."

"Ion want you over there. Matter of fact, let me come with you."

"Who gone watch Nugget?"

"Ximena or Khalil."

"Why you wanna come?"

"I just don't want you over there. From what you told me, I just don't like them folks. You been happy. Youn needa be over there, Milan."

"She said it's just gone be her and my grandfather."

"That's what she said but I just know ha' ass lying."

I sighed.

"Go head and go."

"You mad?" I asked and he didn't say anything. He just kept looking around acting as if I wasn't talking to him. "Bet, keep that same energy."

"You gone come spend the night with me?" He furrowed his brows and I began looking around doing the same thing he was doing. "Yo' ass ain't funny. I wasn't trying to ignore you. I was watching my surroundings."

"Yeah, whatever, and I don't know should I."

"I feel like you should and I'll take you home in the morning."

"I have work."

He stared at me. "Why you still work there?"

"That's my job and I love it... why would you ask me that?"

"Man... I'm just trying to spend time with you but everything and everybody taking away from the shit."

"Aw, you been missing me."

"You know I have. C'mere." He opened the car door. "I wanna hug."

"Nugget in your arm."

He put the dog in the car and pulled me out closing the door. He wasted no time wrapping his arms around my waist while I put my arms around his neck. He rocked us side to side.

"You smell good as fuck. You finna stay with a nigga for real. It's finna be fuck them folks on God."

"I have to go."

"Yeen got to for real. Just say something came up." He kissed on my neck making me moan. "Please."

I looked at him as he pouted and gave in. He started smiling and got my things out the car while I got Nugget. I went in his house and it smelled like bleach letting me know that he just finish cleaning.

I put Nugget on the floor and went inside the bathroom so I could wash my hands. He came in behind me resting his head in my neck. He put both hands inside my shirt and began rubbing my stomach.

"You okay, pooh?" I asked looking at him through the mirror. He hummed in response before standing straight. "You tired? You ain't sleep at night?"

"I was up thinking 'bout you."

I dried my hands with a paper towel before putting it in the trash can and walking out the bathroom. I went into the kitchen so I could see what was in the pantry. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted a snack or something and thankfully Prada always had snacks in his pantry. I grabbed a Oatmeal Creampie then headed upstairs with not only Prada following me but Nugget too.

I heard Prada sucking his teeth and I laughed knowing why he did it.

"We 'bout to go to sleep. I hope you know that." He took his shirt off and slides and got in the bed. "You can go to yo' grandma house and shit later, aight?"

"Mhmm." I yawned taking my shoes off and jacket off. I got in the bed allowing Prada to rest his head on my chest. He put his hands in my shirt rubbing my stomach and began closing his eyes.

While he did that, I began texting Mena.

Ximenaa💕
Today 12:49PM

Girl Ian even mad at it. He missed you.

You sure?

Girl, yeah.

I might go later. but I'm about to take a nap with him

That's fine. Can't wait till you and him start dating. Y'all literally the cutest.

🙄 we know sis

Ximenaa💕 laughed at "🙄 we know sis"

At least you know.

✘✘✘

I pulled up to my grandparents house seeing a whole bunch of cars. I sighed rolling my eyes because why did she lie? She said it was just going to be her and my grandfather. And by the cars I'm already knowing my mom was here along with my other family members.

Was I really ready for the bullshit that was going to take place? Was I really for this again? Would I be able to handle it and not let it affect my happiness?

Shrugging, I got out the car and began walking down the driveway. The garage was open so that let me know that that's how I was getting in the house. I turned the knob on the door and walked in already feeling the negativity in the air.

I went in the direction of the kitchen because I knew that's where my grandmother was. Knowing she was the only one cooking the food because no one knew how to throw it down in the kitchen like she did. Not even my grandfather.

I remember he tried making mac and cheese it was so soggy. It was horrible.

❝Hey, I thought you wasn't going to come.❞ She stated smiling and I smiled showing no teeth.

"I shouldn't have." I mumbled and she pulled me into a hug.

"Oh! You smell like cologne. It's strong too." She kept smelling me. "Let me find out you got you a boyfriend. Why you look like that?"

"Because you lied. You said it was just going to be you and grandpa but it's more people."

"People? That's your family, Milan."

"No it's not." I shook my head.

"I just feel like you need to put that aside."

"I'm not putting anything aside after everything they put me through. After everything your child has put me through. She didn't even care to ask when Lim died she just put the blame on me and made everyone believe that I was the reason for his death. Do you know what I had to go through? Do you? You don't. So, for you to say I need to put that aside is ridiculous."

She sighed rubbing her temple. "You holding onto a grudge, Milan. And what will happen when your mother dies?"

"Then she'll just die." I shrugged not caring because I didn't care.

"I understand they pained you, but you cannot live life like this. Holding onto a grudge. I told them to come so y'all could settle this issue. You think I wanna have family gatherings and shit without you? No, I don't. I want the whole family to be out and just be happy, but I can't do that."

"Well I don't know what to tell you." I twisted my lips to the side and sat down at the table.

"Well I know what I am about to tell you. Monique and everyone else is going to come in this kitchen and y'all will talk."

"You cannot force me to talk to her. Ion wanna talk or associate myself with them people."

"Their family, Milan. Family not just people."

"Like I said people."

"Monique!" She yelled and I shook my leg texting Prada about what was going on. "Monique Bianca Parker!"

"Yes, mom. Oh." She walked in averting her eyes to grandma then to me. "Hey, you couldn't come in and speak to anyone?"

"I called you in here because I just want my family back, Monique."

"Okay? What you called me in here for? So, I could apologize to her when she's actually the reason why my son is dead? He wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for her and my other son wouldn't be distant if Salim wasn't dead. He was always trying to protect her and while doing so he so happened to get shot and died. I don't care to hear what she has to say because it's complete bullshit. There's just no way it's another side to him dying. I know what happened and I know him protecting her and him dying is what happened."

"But it's not!" I yelled feeling myself about to cry. "You wouldn't know what happened because you just assumed that what you came up with is what happened. After you sent us in the house we went upstairs and started packing. Lim just started saying that he wasn't going with our grandparents and I was like okay well Lim where we gonna go. All I knew is that Lim didn't want to go witn them so we snuck out and jumped out the window with our things."

"Lim and I got hungry so we stopped at the gas station. We got out things, and when the man was ringing our things, some dudes came in the store about to rob the store. Everybody knows how Lim is. He has anger issues, we both do, but I was able to control mine. The dudes had guns but Lim didn't care. He let his anger get the best of him and said whatever and he started arguing with one of the dudes. Then another one shot him. That's what happened!"

By now I had tears rolling down my cheek and everything. I hated this and I hated how she just assumed that it was my fault. That Lim was trying to protect me and that wasn't the case.

"I don't care. My son is dead because of you. It should have been you instead of him!" She said loudly.

I got up and went into bathroom. I closed and locked the door as I began crying. Like why would you say that to your child? Like no matter what I said she was going to believe what she wanted.

My phone kept going off and I looked not being able to see who it was since my vision was blurry. I looked up trying to stop crying but I just couldn't.

✘✘✘

ATLANTA, GEORGIA - 5:37PM

I hopped out the car as I made my way to knock on the front door. I was at Milan's grandparents house 'cause I was worried and shit. I was calling her but she wasn't answering so I tracked her down and ended up here.

Ian want her going here in the first place, but Ian wanna come off controlling.

❝Who you?❞ Some dude asked mugging me and I sent him one right back 'cause the fuck. "You can't hear."

"Man it don't matter who I am. Get yo' hands out my face before I break the muhfucka'." I stated pushing him out my way as I went inside. Everybody was sitting down quietly looking in the direction of what seemed to be the kitchen.

I walked that way and seen two women yelling back and forth at each other.

"Why would you say that? You keep saying that same shit you been saying for the past 10 minutes, Monique. She doesn't deserve that!"

"Yes she does. She's the reason why my child is gone!"

"You putting the blame on her and it isn't her fault. That's her damn brother why would se be the reason why he is dead? I just wanted everybody to come together as one. We haven't had a family gathering in so long without drama, Monique. You shouldn't want to cause more stress since you're dealing with all this cancer bullshit. You should be trying to leave all that negativity in the past."

"You not understanding."

"What is there to understand, Monique? You just wished that Milan was dead instead of Lim like what?"

I jerked my head back. "Where, Milan?"

"And you are?" Monique rolled her eyes.

"That shit don't matter. Where is Milan?"

"You can go find her your damn self and nobody told you to talk to your elders with respect?"

I chuckled. "Respect is earned not given."

"She went in the bathroom." Her grandmother I'm assuming said. "It's right around that corner."

I looked Monique up and down disgustingly before turning around. I knocked on the bathroom door putting my ear to door to hear Milan crying. Not gone lie, that shit had my heart drop to my stomach.

"Milan, come on. Open the door." I said eagerly. I wanted for her to let me inside so I could comfort her.

Hearing the door unlock, I opened the bathroom door and closed it before locking it. I wasted no time pulling her into a hug, rubbing her back letting her know that everything was going to be okay.

"Let me know when you wanna talk." I kissed her onna forehead. She hummed in response and we stood in the position we were in for a good 5 minutes before I decided to speak. "Ion like this shit. You finna cut everybody off, you hea' me?"

She nodded pulling away from the hug and I wiped her tears. "I know. I-I don't know why I got out the car thinking it was going to be something different. It hurts, Prada."

"I know, mama. I know but it's gone be okay, aight? Baby look at me." I told her and she looked at me. "I'm finna go air this shit out on God. Ion like seeing you like this bruh. Youn needa be like this. Ion like this shit. Yo' momma said you should've died instead like fuck that lady on bro. I'll shoot ha' ass."

"Why would she say that? She didn't believe me when I said I wasn't the reason for Lim's death. She just keeps blaming me for it and all my grandma cares about is getting the family back how it is. She says she understands but she really doesn't because if she did she wouldn't have lied saying she and my grandfather was going to be the only ones here. I'm so done with this."

"Milan on everything I love I will shoot the fuck outta everybody in this bitch. Fuck yo' momma and fuck yo' grandma. Fuck these folks bruh. Ion know why you came here in the first place bruh and I dead ass wanted for you to stay with me earlier all day, but Ian wanna come off controlling. Youn need this negativity bruh. You was doing alright."

"I knowwww." She dragged rubbing her temple. "I'm ready to go."

"You not going to work tomorrow."

"Why?"

"I said what I said bruh. You ain't going."

"Yes I am and I'm going home, please."

"No, Ion care about allat shit you doing. You not going to work and you not going home. So, you could be by yourself and do something stupid? Ian letting that slide with me. You got clothes at my crib. You'll be straight."

a/n;

yall done seen prada clingy side and his crazy side. 😭 yall he really likes milan if yall couldnt tell already.

thoughts on monique?

thoughts on milan's grandmother?

don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
252K 12.9K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
21.4K 1.5K 27
๐‘Œ/๐‘›(๐’€๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐‘ต๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†) ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐ผ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘ง๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘Ž ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘ข...
950 64 7
Lemon is an adult with autism who struggles with getting by. After meeting Coffee during a particularly rough day, the two end up getting along quite...