Feels so right

By glitterkitten9

Kaia Torres is a hard working college student, she just got back home for summer break. She wasn't looking f... More

Authors note
Meeting him
Shopping
Almost caught
You don't want them to find out do you?
I wanna get to know you
I knew you'd like it too
Dinner
Happy New Year!
Be Mine
I was wondering if you would like to come with me?
Italy
Old friend
Back to America
Pleasure
Cover art update!

The truth

2.4K 39 4
By glitterkitten9

Nathan Valentino

"I'm so glad we are finally here." Kaia spoke, leaning her head on my shoulder as the security were checking our passports.

"Me too, baby." I sighed with content. It was nice to be home again.

I watch the man who is checking my passport and he looks confused. He knows. He takes one more look at me before he excuses himself and walks off. Fuck, this was all I needed.

"What's happening, babe?" Kaia asked with an innocent smile. She can't know anything, her being with me is dangerous but she doesn't know that.

"I'm not sure, they probably don't recognize me, my passport is quite old now." I lied. Fuck I hate lying to her but if she knew of my past she would leave. I can't lose her, ever.

"Oh okay." She replied nonchalantly.

It didn't take long for the man to come back. But he was with someone else, someone that I recognized.

"Padre?" I questioned.

"Ciao figlio." He responded, with a slight smile. I couldn't believe it, I thought they had gotten him.

I walked towards my dad and he had his usual stern look on his face, I thought he was just going to shake my hand as he normally does, instead, he pulled me in for a hug, patting my back.

Growing up, my dad was huge on respect, he loved us but didn't show it that much. Ever since I was a little boy he had me greet him by shaking his hand, he was never one for hugs. He fought for the country and was a high-ranking officer for 20 years.

"Padre meet Kaia, Kaia meet my father," I said. My dad walked closer to Kaia with a smile.

"You are my son's lady, si?" He asked, sticking out his hand.

"Yes Sir." Kaia smiled, shaking his hand.

"I appreciate it but shush with that nonsense you can call me Marco, now let's get you two home, you must be tired." He spoke before turning around.

I looked behind me and nodded at my security, they followed behind us with our luggage.

"Let's go, baby," I said to Kaia. She smiled whilst gripping my hand. We followed behind my father as he led us out of the airport. "How did you know we were coming?" I asked him.

"Nonna said, plus you know that my badge can get me into places like these?" He spoke.

"I thought you retired?" I asked.

"I did, but I was needed. The Benardi's have started war again, you can't walk the streets without he," I cut him off. "So, are we staying with you and Mom or nonna?"

He gave me a strange look, so I nodded toward Kaia whilst she wasn't looking. He carried on leading us through the airport like normal, no one saying a word.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long silent car ride, we finally arrived home. I looked over to the side of me and saw my sleeping beauty. Leaning closer I placed a kiss on her lips, she slowly opened her eyes, "We are here." I whispered.

As we were pulling up next to the house I see my mom at the door with a huge smile. I prayed for Kaia as my mom has no daughter and will most likely steal her from me.

"Figlio mio!" My mom screamed as I got out of the car. Immediately rushing over to me and squeezing me into a hug. She pulled away and cupped my face with her hands, placing a kiss on my forehead.

Translation: My son.

"Non mi saluti mai così." My dad said whilst unloading the trunk. Mom scowled at him, "Lo farei se non fossi così scontroso."

Translation: You never greet me like this.

Kaia stepped out from beside me, catching my mom's few, "Chi è questa bellezza?" She questioned.

Translation: Who is this beauty?

"This is Kaia, my girlfriend. Kaia this is my mom." I introduced them both.

"Nice to meet you," Kaia spoke before Mom dived onto her next, squeezing the life out of her before kissing her cheek.

"It's so nice to meet you, dear. You are very pretty," Mom said with a smile, Kaia blushed. "Now come in I bet you're both exhausted."

"Your parents are so nice," Kaia whispered whilst Mom was showing us around, leading us into our bedroom.

The bedroom came with its own bathroom and had what looked like a king-size bed to complete it.

"Is this room okay for you guys?" Mom asked.

"It's beautiful, thank you so much," Kaia spoke with a smile.

"You're welcome bella, dinner is ready around 8 pm. Have a rest and come down when you're both ready." She said with happiness, before exiting the room.

Translation: Beauty.

I walked over to the door and closed it, "I know what you are about to say."

"I'm just so confused, the man at the airport and then you cut your dad off whilst he's talking." I sighed, I'll just tell her. She deserves to know my past and what I do. I can't keep hiding it from her.

"Ever since I was 16 I've been involved with the Italian Mafia. I used to transport their drugs throughout the country and when I got older, internationally. I then built my own empire with their members and their drugs and they have been after me ever since. I haven't lived an easy or nice life, I have had to fight for what I have today. You are the one who brings me joy. I'm able to get up in the morning because of you." I explained with a sigh. My heart ached knowing I had lied to her but also because I know she's not going to be happy with me.

"I-I don't know what to say. Does that mean me and my family are in danger and your own family too?" She questioned. There was fear in her eyes and I hated it.

"No. I wouldn't let anything happen to any of you, I can promise you that."

"My dad Antonio was involved with stuff like that, it got so bad that me and my mom were taken hostage once when I was a baby, they threatened to kill us. I don't remember much after that, I haven't seen my dad since." She dipped her head down as she spoke.

"Hang on, you said his name was Antonio, what's his last name?" I questioned. I hope it isn't who I think it is.

"Bernardi, why?" She asked. My heart sank into my stomach.

"I know him." My head dipped down nearly touching my chest. I've never been a lucky man but being in a war against my girlfriend's dad has topped it.

"He's alive?" Tears were forming in her eyes as she spoke.

"I'm not sure the last time I saw him was a few years ago. He is probably in hiding like me." I replied.

I looked over at Kaia and she had a look of sadness, I walked over and placed a hand on her back, "Are you okay?" I asked, trying to comfort her as this is obviously a sensitive subject.

"Yeah, it's just sad as growing up I've seen everyone else with dads, I've never even had a stepdad, only my grandpa. He used to be the only man in my life. But my dad, he's dead to me. He had my mum and me but we clearly weren't enough." She said.

I noticed little wet dots forming on her jacket, she was crying. I sat down next to her and wrapped my arms around her. "You are enough. You are my everything, you have added so much worth and happiness into my life. People who don't think that don't deserve to know you.

As me and Kaia were in a tight embrace, I thought about what she told me.

Trying to imagine how hard it must have been for her. I wouldn't be the person I am today without my father.

I lifted my right arm off of her and brushed her hair behind her ears with my fingers. "I can do a search on him if you want me to? I can try and find where he is hiding out and what he might have changed his name to? It's okay if you don't want that. I just thought it might give you some closure."

"How will you do that though?" She asked, lifting her head to look up at me. It hurt my heart to see her this upset.

"My father has been a high-ranking officer for years, he has his people and the database that he can search through. It is basically like fbi as you are American." I explained, to which she nodded.

"Thank you for everything you do for me, Nathan. I wouldn't know what I'd do without you." She said whilst falling into my arms again.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"So, tell me everything," I said to my dad. It had just turned midnight and we had just done eating the dinner that my Mom made us. Kaia went off to bed, I however, had gone off to have a talk with my dad as I need to ask him a few questions about what he was talking about before.

"It is bad but it's out of your hands now, don't worry." My father said, continuing with what he was doing.

"I want to know." I pushed.

He looked me in the eyes, "It isn't your problem anymore."

I got up and started to walk off before I hear him say, "I don't want you to keep getting hurt. I worry about you and your safety. Please lay low."

I'm so sorry about the wait on this new chapter! I've had a huge writers block recently.

I hope it's worth it!

All my love, kitten🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 3K 45
I don't really know what I was expecting, and it sure as hell wasn't this. Whatever this is...it's even better than I could have imagined. The myster...
671K 16K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
261K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...