Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )

429 11 0
By Kiriyarin_

Asuka's POV:

''D-d-date?!...Itsuki...''

You know, there're those feelings that make your heart beat like crazy when you see a person? Proper thoughts give way to irrational actions, your heart and soul turn you into a completely defenseless idiot. I'm in a worse situation than that right now. That stupid romance visual novels lied to me.

We're looking at each other. We're looking at each other on this huge theater stage, where we are completely alone. The taste of her lips is still in my mouth, this feeling is engraved on my soul to never be forgotten. Just a few seconds ago I confessed all my feelings to her. Everything I keep in my heart. Every speck of emotion that had accumulated in me one by one until this moment.

''Pfft, of course dummy. If you want me to forgive you!~♡''

Now have a girlfriend. I mean, atleast that's what I think. Since I've only known rejection so far...I'm not sure what happens next. It'll be absolutely perfect to go on a date with Itsuki. Just me and her, like real couples do.

Of course, if the situation I am in were normal what I said would be valid. I'm in the lowest position a man can ever be. A broken voice changer collar. An overly-decorated maid dress. This stupid wig. Makeup that almost fucked up because of my tears. And those fake boobs I swear...Okay okay, they're not that bad. To the touch, they're actually like pillows.

''What I wouldn't give to get this collar off...'' I sighed.

''You said it was broken, right? Do you know when it will open?'' My girlfriend. Itsuki Nakano. Approached me with a wide smile on her face. After all the tears we've both just shed, I guess smiling is the best thing to do.

''No idea, Sometime within today I guess. You sure you want to go on a date with me when I am...'' I pointed myself. ''Like this...?''

''Didn't you dress like this to help your class? I think this is admirable behavior...*chu*''

''H-hey...!''

Itsuki kissed my cheek before I could react.

''Also, I already took a picture of you, hehe. I think it fits you Asuka.''

''*sigh* If I weren't so happy right now, I would seriously go into depression.'' I turned my gaze towards Itsuki and smiled. ''Hehe...I love you Itsuki.''

Itsuki's cheeks turn pink, as do mine. If you ask me if I won my gamble, I dunno. I don't give a damn. Then she turned her back to me and walked behind the huge stage curtain.

''I-Itsuki?...''

''I'm gonna get changed. After that, we'll go out to eat. You've been keeping me waiting all week, so I'm going to order extra big, hmpf.'' She pointed her finger towards me.

''A-ahahaha...Of course...''

[ Five Minutes Later ]

I sat in one of the empty seats as Itsuki went to change at backstage. This unnecessary big school stage was completely emptied as the play was over.

''Future, huh...?''

I wonder what the future will be like? A day later, a week later, years later. How will others react when they find out about our relationship? Fuck it... Our relationship is still in danger right now. The ultimatum Nakano-san gave us is still upon us like a demon.

If the quints somehow fail their midterm exams, my relationship with Itsuki will break records as the most unsuccessful and fucked up relationship in history. Exams supposed to be announced in the afternoon. Fuutarou must have already texted the girls, we'll meet at the library in the afternoon to see everything.

Even if I don't know what will happen, to Itsuki...no...to all of them. I have faith for all of them. Don't let me down, girls!

''𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴...''

''Don't mention, you look beautiful.''

''Do I...?''

"It's my first time dressing like this, so please don't embarrass me, Asuka..."

"No, really! I mean it! You look absolutely stunning."

"Mou..." Itsuki lightly punched my arm and pouted. "Thanks..."

"Where would you like to go first? I suppose there's no point in lingering here any longer."

"The garden— I just don't want to stay at school anymore."

Oh just ask me, I've been sexually assaulted in these corridors at least three times today. One was your sister. 

''Garden it is.'' I kneeled down in front of her and smiled. ''Will my lady accompany me?''

''A-Asuka?!'' Her face reddened once again. Heh, sweet revenge. ''In that case, please take care of me...''

She grabbed my hand when I kneel. This feels like I'm proposing to her but...Then we both look at eachother and giggled.

Itsuki and I left the stage and decided to return to the school environment. I don't remember how long we stayed inside because my sense of time was completely shattered by that huge stage. As if a British gay vampire stopped time on us.

Then we arrived to the garden. The fresh air and blue skies are definitely worth getting outside (Plays computer games for 19 hours on holidays). I look at Itsuki, she's smiling. Hehe...Guess she liked the view too.

''Asuka, there!'' She pointed a nearby fountain.

''Are you tired?

''No no...just.'' Itsuki smiled softly before walking over to the fountain and pulling her phone from her pocket. ''I want to take your photo.''

''Didn't you take one already!? Ugh...''

''Please...?''

''I'm starting to think you're doing this to get revenge on me, Itsuki.''

''Hehe~'' She posed with her tongue sticking out. FOR FFS, PLEASE STOP BEING SO CUTE!

So I continued to suffer the consequences of my own choice. Asumi Shoko personality should actually have been a one-time persona that had emerged as a result of an accident in our middle school. She should have stayed dead! Yet that motherfucker Fuutarou just had to bring that topic up.

I got in front of the fountain and sighed. ''At least promise not to share it anywhere.''

''Promise promise! These will be for me only, hehe.''

*SNAP*

''I'm resisting the urge to kiss you on the lips again now Asuka.'' Itsuki looked at her phone after taking my picture.

''Please don't. This is a public area and I'm at the lowest point my manhood could ever be.''

''God, I can't believe I missed the maid cafe... Would be great to see you in action, hmpf.''

Am I getting the signals wrong or does my girlfriend have a maid/butler fetish? Anyway! If I gave her a list of the things that turns me on, she'll absolutely dump me. Probably end up in jail tho...

''I missed your show too.'' I sighed. I probably could have caught up if I had been a little faster. ''Sorry...''

''Meh, it was super boring. Just a classic the Princess and the Knight ya know, but they let me have the spare foods.'' Itsuki smirked.

She took a few steps back and checked her surroundings, looking left and right side.

''Itsuki, are you ok-''

Seeing that there was no one around, Itsuki jumped up to me and kissed my cheek.

''Mwah~''

''H-hey! Not fair...'' I quickly placed my palm where she kissed.

''We're a couple now. Doing these things should be normal now, Asuka.''

''At least let me know! What if I have a heart attack or worse!''

Then I continued my conversation with Itsuki, we took a seat on a bench by the fountain and began to chat. Reflecting on the past week, I couldn't help but feel like I had been through hell. Countless sleepless nights had been spent worrying about what the future.

Now take a look at us...hehe. Just sitting and smiling at each other. All I can do now is wish these days to go on forever.

''Pardon...May I take a picture?''

A student in a school uniform approached Itsuki and me while we were in front of the fountain. He glanced at us, with the professional camera around his neck. We stare at each other as we don't understand what is going on.

''Excuse me?'' Itsuki asked with a clenched fist. Guess she thought he's a weirdo or smth.

''A-ah, sorry for my sudden question!'' Boy immediately bowed his head and apologized, realizing that he misunderstood. ''I'm from the school photography club.''

''And why do you want to take our picture?'' She asked.

''I was just about to explain it, ma'am... As the photography club, We commissioned to photograph the festival's famous beauties. Again, I apologize for the sudden intrusion.''

''F-famous b-b-beauties?!'' Itsuki's cheeks suddenly blushed like crazy. ''M-me?!''

I'm not surprised, to be honest. Others have told me that Itsuki's performance is truly mesmerizing. It's perfectly natural to ask some members of the school newspaper or photography club to pose for photos with her. Way to go Itsuki, that's my girlfriend!

''I-I m-mean...of course! I wouldn't say no to a photo.''

''Ah, thank you very much for your attention, ma'am.'' Photographer bowed his head and kept talking. ''But... I meant the blonde friend of yours.''

''... / ... ''

...

''H-ha, m-me..?!''

''Yes, madam. You're Asumi-chan, right? Your reputation in the maid cafe spread throughout the school. Some students came from a different school specifically to see you.''

''I-is that s-so?...I never knew...''

''When I saw Asumi-chan here with your friend, I wanted to seize the opportunity. If you don't have a problem with it.''

''It's difficult to say no when you're that polite...''

''Thank you, Madam! Please wait a bit while I set the camera.''

Itsuki stares at me from behind the photographer like she fucking intends to murder me. Isn't this jealousy? Please don't, I just became your lover; if I die now, Fuutarou'll mock me for the rest of his life.

Itsuki spoke as the photographer adjust the camera.

''Nee, You said Asumi-chan is famous... How famous is she exactly?''

''Asumi-chan's photo shared while she was working at the cafe received 900,000 likes under half an hour. Quite suprising for a highschool girl.''

''900,000!?''

THEY TOOK A PICTURE OF ME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! And what the fuck...almost a million. Is it too late to open OnlyFans?

''Camera is ready! Asumi-chan. Can you sit in front of the fountain and pose?''

''P-pose...?! I don't know how to pose...''

I sat in front of the fountain but I really don't have the slightest idea how to pose. Since all the photos I take are just selfies... haha.

''Just act natural. My camera and I'll take care of the rest.''

''Natural?... Like this?'' I thought of doing a pose that I saw in an anime before. Nothing else came to my mind at that moment.

''Y-yes...! That's perfect Asumi-chan. Hold still, onegai.''

Press the freakin' button already!

Come on, I'm not going to turn out that good. Just a stupid pose.

*SNAP*

After the photographer snapped a quick picture of me, he bid us farewell and went on his way. He didn't show me the photo he took, but I'm sure it sucks anyway. Once he left, Itsuki and I were left alone once again. She stands by a nearby tree, watching me with a certain pout on her face.

''I had no idea I was the major focus of the photography club. Life is so strange...Eh, whatever. What do cha want to do now, Itsu—ITTAI!'' Itsuki crushed my foot with all her might. ''Ow ow ow! Why!?''

''Hmpf...'' The only response I got was a pout and a head turn.

''All right, well! I never thought he would take a picture with me. Sorry, sorry. Ugh...''

''Milkshake.''

''Excuse me?''

''Milkshake, large.''

''U-uh...''

''...''

''Message received, loud and clear! Wait here, I'll go get the drinks.''

''With strawberry flavor, hmpf.''

My God, sweetness oozes from every move of this girl. Even the way she's mad at me is cute. She looks like the tsundere characters from that romantic visual novels. Although Nino is already embracing this task well enough...

''Hai hai. I'll be back soon. Don't worry, I won't take a picture with anyone else.''

''You better be! Hmpf...!''

Then I left there by myself. I'd better get the milkshakes and get back quickly, our time is limited today. But walking becomes more difficult with every step I take. As the hours go by, the place gets more crowded. This event was supposed to be for school promotions, but even middle-aged creeps without children started showing up.

I'm comfortable that the stand selling milkshakes is not far away, but it looks like there's one hell of a queue. Nothing good will happen if I come back empty-handed.

I joined the line like everyone else. How strange it can be when a maid is in the milkshake queue that people in the line started looking at me?

''Nice cake...h-heh...''

''If you come any closer than 40 inches to me, I'll rip off every bone in your helpless fat body and feed them to dogs~✩''

''...! Y-yes ma'am!''

I bought two large milkshakes from the counter and left. I wonder how many hours I have left for this stupid collar to come the fuck off!? You can't believe how uncomfortable it is when men everywhere I pass turn and look at me.

''Itsuki! I got the milksha-Huh?...''

I saw Itsuki talking to someone when I came back. I can't really see who she is from here, but she's probably a friend or something. I don't really want to keep her waiting any longer. I'd better go say hi.

''𝗨𝘄𝗮𝗮𝗮- 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗜𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗶! 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘂𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴!"

''You! Who are y-h-huh?!''

.

.

.

''My uncle's giving birth?! Was that the best lie you could think of!?'' I panted. It's hard to run in this costume.

''What did you expect me to say!? I panicked, okay?''

Itsuki grabbed me by the arm and took me as far away from Nino as possible. I don't know how far we ran, but seriously, even an athletic person like me got out of breath...Hah.

''H-heheheh...Ahahahah!''

''Asuka, w-why are you laughing?''

''Ahahahah!...Just thinking about today. Take a look at what happened to us. I can't even remember the last time I had this much fun.''

''Today...is fun?'' Itsuki silently asked.

''Are you kidding me? It couldn't have gone any better. Didn't you say first dates should be unforgettable? Holy heck, this is one hell of a day to remember.''

Itsuki looked directly at my face and then at my maid's dress. Seconds later, Itsuki started laughing as well.

''...I'm glad you're having fun, Asuka.''

Itsuki and I sat under a tree after making sure that no one was around. We started drinking the milkshakes I just bought together. Today started off terrible at first, but before I even realized it, I already had a stupid smile on my face.

''Ne...Itsuki.''

''Hai?'' Itsuki looked at me while she slurps her milkshake.

''I love you.''

''E-eh...'' Her face brighten up like pink roses and then she lightly punched my shoulder once again. ''I love you too...''

''I think we should do this more often now, dates I mean.''

''Well, duh. Of course we will. What are you thinking?

''Afternoon...Exam results, ya know...'' I mumbled.

Itsuki sighed deeply when she realized what I was talking about. ''What the hell was my father thinking when he placed such a heavy burden on you two?...''

''Don't be mad at your father, he's right. Every father wants to educate his daughters in the best possible conditions.''

''But you and Uesugi-kun are doing pretty well... If he can't see it...''

''If he can't see it, we'll show him!'' I smiled widely. ''I have complete faith in you girls.''

''Asuka...''

''Besides, I just realized it... It's nice that you're starting to get along with Fuutarou.''

''H-huh, m-me?! Y-yeah...I guess so.''

''I told you he isn't a bad person. He's just...huh...I wonder which word can fully describe Fuutarou...''

''Let me think, hehe...'' Itsuki closed her eyes with a smile, tugging my arm. ''Weird?''

''Bingo... But that doesn't change his opinion of you girls. He trusts you as much as I do.''

''None of our previous tutors had ever cared so much about us. I owe you both a lot... I screwed up so badly with Uesugi-kun and I'll definitely apologize to him when the time comes.''

''If only Nino could be as understanding as you...'' I sighed. ''She'll eventually understand...''

''I know that... What I'm really worried about is how we're going to explain our relationship. If my father hears about it, he'll definitely fire you...and probably force us to change school."

"He doesn't need to know. The only way he'll ever find out is if one of you girls rat on us. Eh...which is probably not possible. The time I spent with you all taught me that much."

"What does your family say about this, Asuka?"

"They don't know. I haven't spoken to them in a few months."

Itsuki fell silent, as if she said something wrong. "Family problems?... Is that why you live alone? S-sorry! I probably shouldn't ask..."

"Ah! No no no! I don't have any problem with my family! Problems aren't the reason I left home."

"You sure?"

"Yup! Actually, for your own sake I better introduce you to my family later."

"Eh...? W-why?"

"My mom is a bit of a weirdo. She'll probably mess with you all the time when I introduce you to my mom."

"D-does that mean she won't approve our relationship?..."

"QUITE OPPOSITE! My parents will totally approve our relationship. It's just that my mother always wanted to have a daughter, so the moment I introduce you to her, she probably won't leave you alone...haha."

"She must be a pretty nice woman then..."

Not. My mother's not a bad person, but she is the exact opposite of what I am. If one day I have to introduce my mother to Itsuki and the others, their reaction will probably be to question whether I was fucking adopted or not.

Even I questioned that for a while. Thank god, they kept my birth certificate.

Itsuki continued her speech after looking at me with a smug smile on her face. "She already has a daughter."

"What do you mean by t-Ugh! Seriously?!"

"Come on. With those boobs, you're probably more of a girl than 90% of this school now."

You want war Itsuki Nakano? I accept your challange.

"Oya oya~? Is that jealousy I smell?"

"H-how dare you?!" Itsuki pouted and puffed her chest out. "I'm a fully adult lady, hmpf."

And I puffed out my own boobs as an counterattack. Which is actually quite funny because these fake boobs I'm wearing are 2 or 3 times bigger than Itsuki's. "Said something, heh?"

"That's not f-fair!?"

"Life isn't fair, git gud."

Itsuki and I looked into each other's eyes for a while. Our faces began to soften into smiles until we couldn't take it any longer and both laughed how absurd we are.

"We can't sit here all day Itsuki. Would you like to tour the rest of the festival?"

"Are you gonna be okay? You know, others might see you...like Nino."

"I just can't spend my first date with my girlfriend being afraid, can I? We can go to the stand games section if you want. That place must be crowded as fuck now. No way they'll recognize us."

"Sounds fun! I'm sure foods are awesome too! All right!" Itsuki suddenly cheered up.

Then we both stood up. To tell the truth, there's another reason I'm going to the game stands. This dress is quite heavy, it'll be good to do some exercise. I really didn't hit the gym for a while because of midterms.

"All right...What should we start with? Shinkei-suijaku? Balloon Pop? Cup Game? We really have a lot of options... What do you say Its-MMM!

We kissed. Before I even react what happened, her lips were glued to mine.

"Mhmmm..." She cupped my cheeks during the kiss and then take a few step back.

"Mou, Itsuki! Are you trying to give me heart attack?!" I don't have a mirror, but I can feel my face blushing like crazy right now.

"Hehe~♡ What are we waiting for, Asuka? We have lots of places to be, right?~"

Are you trying to make me fall in love with you more?

.

.

.

Then I came to the stand area with Itsuki.

And I was absolutely right. This place is damn overcrowded, a perfect hell for home-stuck people like me ( NEET ). Some people judge others by their appearance, just being slightly above average ( Far from average ) doesn't affect what I like. When people look at me they say I'm a sporty person, but actually I'm just someone who likes to stay home and play computer games.
I definitely prefer playing Elden Ring at home to this festival if I were alone. I wonder where people get that I like sports more then games...? ( School football team captain )

"What do you want to do, Itsuki?"

Itsuki held onto my hand tightly as we walked, ensuring that we wouldn't get separated or lost. Her palm is warm...

"About that...No idea. I was hoping you'd guide me since this is my first cultural festival here, hehe."

"Makes sense, let's see. It's still early to eat something, wanna start with games?"

She nodded repeatedly "Absolutely!"

"Then we can start with Shinkei-suijaku. I heard the rewards are pretty good."

"Shinkei-suijaku?...Ah, that card matching game. Yotsuba and I used to play all the time when we were little."

"I still believe you quints are psychic. Man... It's super cool to talk each other's minds!"

"*sigh* You're reading way too much manga, Asuka. Those kinds of things only happen in movies."

"You can't know until you try, right? All the things that make life bearable are probably the hidden ones after all."

"Ya bet..." Itsuki giggled to my answer and flashed me a wide smile.

I'm actually pretty good with memory games. If I can win a few gifts for Itsuki, that'll be pretty awesome. Sure, I have to trust my brain for that. Unfortunately, I don't have a gimmick talent like that certain asshole.

Itsuki tries to stop at every food stand she saw while we walk to card stand. Like literally, Itsuki. I love you but how tf someone can eat that much. I really need to know her monthly food bill.

If in the future...In case we get married.

"..." My cheeks flushed out of nowhere.

I couldn't see anyone inside when we arrive to the card stand.

"Huh, weird. Is anyone watching here?"

"𝗔𝗵𝗵, 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆! 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗯𝗼𝘅𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸. 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽?"

A woman's voice called out from behind the counter. I'm not sure, but her voice sounds uncomfortably familiar.

"Sorry, we just want to play a round miss!" Itsuki said.

"Just a second, please... I'm coming right now aaaaaand! All right, boxes are done for...Thank you for waiting~''

"...! Shiwa sens-!" I pinched myself to shut the fuck up.

Shiwa Akua. The beauty who holds the title of the youngest teacher in the school. Very popular among students. Shiwa-sensei and I know each other since she's attending our math classes.

"You two beautiful ladies want to try your luck with cards? All right!"

"Hai, one round." Itsuki bowed her head in respect while I just stayed silent.

"Oya oya~?" Sensei approached to Itsuki's face closer as if she noticed something.

"E-ehh...?"

"Oh, gomen. Your face looks just like one of my... Could you be Ichika's sister by any chance?"

Itsuki tilt her head slightly at the mention of Ichika. "Yup. Ichika is my sister. Was she here?"

"Came with a friend a while ago. I didn't quite understand what happened, but those two won the grand prize and left."

"G-grand prize?! Is that even possible?"

"Don't ask me, Itsuki-chan. I'm just saying what I saw." Sensei sighed and then she locked her gaze to me. "And you?"

"Asumi Shoko-des. A friend of Itsuki.'' I bowed my head down respectfully. I cannot risk recognition.

''Asumi...Asumi... Where did I hear that name?...AH! You're the girl who broke that Like record.''

Itsuki might have noticed I'm in an extremely difficult situation because she stepped in right away. ''She's a very very close friend of mine. I promised to accompany her through festival. That's why we wanted to start with games.''

''I see! Then it's up to me to keep such lovely lady entertained.'' Shiwa-sensei began to line up her 52-card deck in rows. Itsuki said she knew this game before, so there would be no need to remind her of the rules. ''I assume that you both know the rules. I'm tired of repeating the same rules a million times today, so this time I'll pass.''

I look at Itsuki out of the corner of my eye as Sensei lays out the cards. We still hold hands, which should seem perfectly normal to people now. It's so crowded in here, so we don't want to get lost. She looks excited as always.

I tighten my grip on her hand as she do the same. We look at each other and smile.

''All right! I've finished the cards. Which one of ya starts first?''

''Ladies fir-...'' Right...ugh. ''Itsuki-chan better start first, hehe.''

''Thank you Asumi-chan, that's very nice of you.'' She winked at me.

Itsuki then released my hand and moved in front of the counter. Shiwa-sensei turned the them all upside down after showing Itsuki and me the cards one last time. I'm not sure how many pairs we need to get right to win a prize, but I'm sure a few will work nicely.

Besides, I already know who won the grand reward. There is only one person in this school who can correctly choose 52 cards without making a single mistake. And if Shiwa-sensei has seen Ichika, they're probably hanging together...Correction; Ichika is most likely pushing him.

''Wish me luck Asumi-chan! I'll win.''

''Hai hai, good luck Itsuki-chan.''

Itsuki began to match the cards that remained in her mind one by one. From what I can see she's going pretty well. I try not to make a sound by standing in the corner of the counter. In such games, any loud noise from the environment can ruin your entire focus. It's noisy enough though...

''Tch! Bad luck...'' Itsuki clicked her tongue.

Thus, Itsuki Nakano loses after two minutes. Apparently, there are 34 cards left...Not bad...

''That's pretty good!'' Sensei barged in. ''Most students can't come all this way in one go. All right, Asumi-chan. Your turn.''

''Hai hai!''

Let's see...Good, most of the cards I remember their locations are still there.

I began matching the cards in the same way as Itsuki did. I can't remember all of them, but I believe I remember enough to win an award. If only I had a super cheat Isekai skill like him...

''Ugh...I failed.'' After a while, I'm lost as well.

''Ok then, there're just ten cards left. Since the top prize has already been claimed, I can only give you the second prize.'' Sensei pulls two pieces of colored paper from beneath the counter. ''Meat bun coupons. You can get two for free if you give these to the people at the stand.''

''I was expecting something more physical...''

Yet as soon as Itsuki saw the coupons, her eyes twinkled and she took the coupons from the teacher's hand with the speed of light.

''I-Itsuki! Close your mouth! You're drooling!''

''Mweheheh...Meat buns...''

''Aren't you rich?! Why're you even happy about discount coupons?! AAAH!''

''Soft buns, creamy buns, chocolate buns mwehehehe....''

''Sensei! We have to go. Good luck at the counter.''

I grabbed her hand again and we sprinted away from the card counter when Itsuki go into a trance over the meat buns. Shiwa-sensei waved to us from behind and wished us good luck.

''Huh...Sensei? I don't remember telling them I'm a teacher...''

[ Later... ]

''Meatbuns must have me confused...Mwehehe...Sorry Asuka.''

''No problem. I got the tickets. We can go and have eat whenever we want.''

''Cultural festivals fantastic! The fireworks festival was also wonderful, but this place is completely unique.''

''Just because it's your first cultural festival, I'm trying try to take you to exciting places before the day end.''

''I know, I know.'' She smiled widely. ''Today's going awesome. Let's do this more often.''

''Don't be so quick.'' And I bonked her head.

''Itta-!''

''We still need to know your exam results.''

''H-hmpf... I know but...''

''Don't worry, we still have time. I'm sure we can still find something to do.''

After leaving the card counter, Itsuki and I came next to one of the stairs nearby. Our day is definitely moving at a great pace, I better make sure it stays that way.

''Right... Let's take a look at the bottom part. I'm sure we can find something to do there too.'' I said.

The stands continue down the stairs. Probably everyone is wondering, how big is our school? Classified information.

So, Itsuki and I began to go down the stairs. Until I reached the middle of the stairs everything was normal, then...

''I wonder how the cafe is doing, maybe I should te-AAAAAAH!''

''ASUKA!''

I tripped over something I couldn't manage to see as I was walking down the stairs. Then I lost my balance and fell on my face. You wouldn't believe how embarrassing it is for this to happen while your girlfriend is around.

''Ugh...That hurt...'' I muttered in pain as I writhed on the ground.

''Asuka! Asuka are you alright!? Asuka!'' Itsuki immediately rushed to my side and grabbed my hand. ''Take my hand, be slow.''

My fake boobs slowed down my fall atleast. I somehow managed to stand up again after grabbing Itsuki's hand. It doesn't hurt in a certain way, I'm just dizzy... No, more importantly...

''What the fuck I trip on?...''

What happened after that second was like something out of an absolutely ridiculous slice of life anime. Itsuki yelled in horror when she glanced at the spot where I fell.

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!''

''Itsuki!? Why screa-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!''

A corpse? A ghost? My head isn't quite returned to normal, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. But what I'm seeing shouldn't be normal at all. C-corpse...?!

''A-ahhh!!...'' Itsuki hugs my arm tightly in shock.

Two empty eyes, dark and far from life, directly looking at us.

''𝗕𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁...''

''Asuka, I'm scared...''

Wait a second, I know this voice from somewhere.

''People are useless...'' The dark entity murmured.

My blurry vision returns to normal seconds later. And what I see is this...Phew.

''Mei-chan?''

''...Deja Vu.''

Asano Mei. The classmate I met earlier at the maid cafe. She's one of those classic emo types that everyone knows. She scared me again this morning...Like she said. Deja Vu.

''Do you k-know this girl?!...'' Itsuki still holds my arm in fear.

I told Itsuki about Mei-chan. If you ask my opinion about her, I can say that she's just a mysterious person. I know she's not a bad person. She's just someone who approaches life from the bad side.

"S-sorry for the misunderstanding." Itsuki lowered her head to apologize.

"I'm used to."

Mei-chan is also one of the people who know who I really am. All the girls in my class are aware of my situation, but they have all sworn not to say anything.

"I'm Itsuki Nakano. Asuka's girlfriend."

"Nakano...One of Yotsuba's sisters." Mei-chan answered in a low tone. I sometimes can't decide she's a zombie or not.

"H-hai...Thank you so much for taking care of Asuka."

I'M THE ONE WHO'S TAKING CARE OF THEM! Do you know how many times class rep. and I have had to solve their stupid problems?

"Mei-chan, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Listening to the meaninglessness of life and the beautiful song of my impending death."

"U-uh...ahaha... I mean, what are you doing here on the stairs?"

"Waiting for someone. Someone said she wanted to hang out with me when I was about to go home... But I don't recommend that you and your girlfriend talk to me any more.

"O-oh..." Itsuki frowned. "We didn't want to disturb you Asano-san."

"I'm not the problem. I'm speaking here for Asuka's sake."

"M-my sake...?"

"Asuka...That someone is Hibiki."

Fuck.

"We need to leave now." I quickly grabbed Itsuki's hand once again. "Thanks for the info."

Everything'll be ruined if Hibiki sees me here with my girlfriend. Hibiki Masako, the cat girl from the cafe before. She's hyperactive and full of life, but she makes trouble wherever she goes. She has asked me out at least 50 times before. I rejected them all, but she just doesn't give up.

However, all this doesn't change the fact that Hibiki is my friend. You won't be bored if you're around her. She was also the one who saved me when Class rep. rejected the maid idea. When everything is back to normal, I'll go and thank her properly.

"Itsuki, let's go. If we stay here any longer...We'll trigger a boss fight." I turned my head to Mei-chan once again. "I'll repay you somehow."

"Before you leave Asuka..." Mei-chan reached out her pocket and handed me a ticket. "Class representative told me to give that to you."

I really don't have time to look at what the ticket is. I'll check later. "Have fun here, Mei-chan."

"Uwa, Asuka! Don't pull to hard." Itsuki pout. "I'm about to fall!"

.

.

.

"Okay, we should be safe here."

Itsuki struggled to catch her breath, her chest heaving as she managed to utter, "H-hah...W-why...Ugh...Air..."

"I'll explain that later, just trust me okay?"

We ran down the stairs after leaving Mei-chan behind. Hibiki is the last person I really want to run into right now, I couldn't take any chances.

Itsuki looks at me like she doesn't understand what the fuck is going on. Of course, I won't tell her there's a semi-psycho hentai cat girl after me.

"What did she give to you Asuka?"

"Ah, right right." I took the ticket Mei-chan gave me. "Huh...Enterance ticket for two to the...tug of war?"

"Tug of war?" Itsuki tilted her head. "Isn't it the game where teams pull ropes?"

"Pretty much."

Itsuki smiled widely. "Would you like to try?"

"Are you sure? You know, that's a pretty tough game for a girl. You could get hurt."

"H-hmpf! I'm pretty strong by my own. Your classmate gave you a gift, are you sure you really want to waste it?"

"O-of course not! I-I'm just worried about my girlfriend that's all."

If I was with Yotsuba instead of Itsuki, I would probably be the one who was afraid of getting injured. Haha...

"I-I..." Itsuki's cheeks flushed rapidly. "I want to try! Mou..."

"Okay okay, geez."

After all, Itsuki'll be competing with my side. I'm just not going to let her get hurt. It's really simple.

"Tug of war is over there. Be careful, we don't know what we're going to face."

"Like I said A-s-u-m-i~ I'm strong! Hehe~"

Itsuki and I tried to find the tug of war area and suprisingly it was not that far away. It seems that the competition has not started yet, we still have time.

"Ah, welcome ladies. Are you here for the competition?" The student at the counter asked.

"Yes, we got the tickets." I handed over the enterance ticket and Itsuki was hanging on my arm with excited eyes, giggling.

"You arrived just in time. The race was about to begin. Unfortunately, we have to start incomplete since... we don't have enough participants. Will it be a problem for you?

"If the teams are fair, why not? Whaddya say Itsuki?"

"It won't be a problem...I think."

"Hai~ Welcome then." The student took our ticket and opened the door "Get in there and I'll give you your team lists in a minute. Teams will be determined by lottery."

"Arigato / Arigato." We both bowed and entered.

Except for us, there are seven people in the waiting room. I don't know any of them. A few girls and a few boys, if they are going to make a mixed team, it can be fair, I guess. When we entered the room, everyone greeted us. All right, that's a good thing. I thought there would be power-crazy muscular boys here, but I'm wrong. They all look like normal students. Guess they found tickets like us.

Itsuki and I looked at each other and smiled again. "Hehe~"

I can't keep all the students' names in my mind, so I'll just give them letters. A, B, C , D, E, F and G.

"Hi! You two must the last ones." B-kun said cheerfully.

"Yeah, I can't wait. I'm Itsuki Nakano and that's my friend."

"A-asumi Shoko-des, pleasure to meet you all."

"Asumi Shoko?!" A-chan said in a shocked tone. "You're that ultra popular maid girl!"

Of course they know about me, what the fuck I except?

"A-ahaha...I'm looking forward to competing with you all. Please don't go too hard on me." Acting like a girl really sucks...

Then Itsuki and I started chatting with the other contestants. Indeed, they were all ordinary students and won the tickets from other festival games. I'm really glad that we're going to do this event without any absurd incident. We're just going to pull a rope, Almost a classic.

Then the student we saw at the counter came with a list in his hand and talked.

"Teams have been chosen. Good luck to all of you. Your teams are written on these lists."

Better they have put me on the same team with Itsuki.

"Here's the team list; once you've reviewed them, please show them to the others."

The student handed the list to Itsuki since she was the closest, and then left. "We'll start in 5 minute. Be quick."

"Ok! Get ready, Asumi! I'm going to show you that I'm not weak." Itsuki said with a smile.

"..."

Today Itsuki is way too energetic. When I first met her, she was a pessimistic girl who didn't think about anything but her studies. Today she ... She looks like she's really trying to have fun.

"Okay! Let's see the teams." Itsuki finally checked the list she hold and then a second later her eyes widened. "What the fuck-!?"

"Hm? Let me see the list Itsuki-chan." A-chan took the list yet her reaction was the same "Holy shit..."

S-should I worry?

"Ara~ What's this?" D-chan finally snapped the list and then...She just laughed. "God bless her, ahahahah!"

B-kun, C-chan, E-kun, F-kun and G-kun gave almost the same reaction. Okay, now I'm worried af. You all high on weed or something?

Then I somehow got the list. Just a stupid game ffs, you all need to chill the fuck out. Let's see...

"WHAT IN THE HOLY ORDER BULLSHIT IS THIS!?"

- - -

𝗥𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺

A

• B

• C

• Itsuki Nakano

• D

• E

• F

• G

𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺

• Asumi Shoko

- - -

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? DO YOU CALL THIS FAIR?" I'm already about beat the shit out of the student who gave us the list.

"L-lady!? I-I'm sorry. It seems there is mistake in the system, this is the first time such a situation has happened to m-me."

"All right, then do it again. Re-designate the teams."

"We put the system into maintenance. It's inaccessible right now... Also, this record has already been entered into the system, it cannot be changed..."

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! I'm just an girl, how do you expect me to play against eight people?!"

"Y-yeah, that seems pretty unfair...Maybe I can change teams." B-kun mumbled as he checked the list once again.

"Me too!" C-chan as well.

"I'm sorry, but teams can't be changed. But withdrawing is always an option. If Asumi-chan chooses to withdraw, red team will win directly." Student explained in fear.

"...Asumi-chan..." Itsuki tugged my arm. "Let's get out of here. I'm s-sure there are many things we can do out there."

I had already agreed to withdraw in a normal situation, but Itsuki was really excited about the competition...Tch. If I break her joy, I can't fix that later.

All right. I'll accept the challange. I have nothing to lose anyway, this personality won't even exist in a few hours.

Does God have hatred against me or something today? ...Fuck it we ball.

"FINE! I ACCEPT!" I yelled.

"A-Asumi! / Uwa... / Wow... / That's a strong girl... / Ha...? / Ara~ / ... / Whatever." Each one of them gasped in shock.

Third Person POV:

Everyone went to the area where their teams belonged after the embarrassing team selection stage. Itsuki and the others to the red-colored side of the line, while Asuka is on the blue-painted part alone.

While today is embarrassing enough for Asuka, he (she?) also entered a battle that he would definitely lose. Asuka'll lose and even get injured if those eight pull the rope with all their strength.

Yet, while Asuka was quietly waiting alone in the blue side, conversations were swirling in the red side.

"M-maybe we s-should just let her w-win?"

"Itsuki-chan's right. She's just a poor girl, it wouldn't be nice if all eight of us attacked in her at the same time."

"A-chan...Thank you..."

Itsuki was trying to protect her boyfriend in every way she could. She knew that Asuka was strong, but even he can't handle eight people at the same time. She didn't want him to get hurt from the first day they became a couple. Besides, it was her own fault for coming here.

"I think we should let her win too. I wouldn't want to hurt such a beautiful face!...Besides, I'll ask her phone number later mwhehehe~"

"Arigato, B-kun!" Itsuki sighed in relief. If everyone agreed, they can easily get out of this. "How about you all...?"

"Tch, I don't care. If everyone agrees quitting, I'll follow." E-kun stated.

"Asumi-chan is pretty much a school idol right now, if we hurt her, we'll probably get a lot of reaction. Count Onee-chan in!" D-chan agreed.

"Just a stupid game...Fine." F-kun joins ths conversation.

"A-ano...I-I want to make her h-happy too!" Shy C-chan mumbled.

"E-everyone...thank you!" The scene that happened made Itsuki so emotional that she could hardly restrain herself not to cry.

No one will pull the rope and thus Asumi'll have win, the perfect plan!

"I'm against this plan, Nakano-san."

"E-eh...G-kun? W-why?"

"Because this plan is based only on your own benefit." G-kun adjusted his glasses. "If we really think about Asumi, we have to play this game with all our strength."

"Explain it more, four eyes." D-chan asked in a curious tone.

"If you let me. Asumi-chan'll definitely know that we let her win. Even if this is nothing to us, it will hurt Asumi's pride. She may be a girl herself, but she took the offer because she wanted to have fun with us! We shouldn't stop her from having fun."

Pretty plausible theory. If a girl is treated like a baby just because she's a girl, she'll definitely be offended.

Of course, it would be true if the person mentioned wasn't Asumi.

Or if she was a girl.

"I don't think this will cause h-her any p-problems." Itsuki protested. After all, she knows the truth.

"Ooh! I see, her pride is more important. Right right! Okay, I changed my mind. I'll use my full force!"

"D-chan?!"

"Now you mention G-san... I would be super pissed if someone let's me win out of blue."

"B-kun, don't! Uwa..."

Thus, Itsuki ruined all the matter she needed to fix up. Now all seven of them decided to use full force against Asumi. To protect her honor (so-called).

"Wait wait wait...!" Itsuki again tried to persuade the others, but failed.

"Atleast I tried, Asuka." She sighed. "Nino would have stopped these idiots already."

All she could do was hope that Asuka would survive the game unharmed now. Of course, she'd never pull the rope on her boyfriend. It will be enough if she simply looks like she's grasping the rope and pulling it.

While all this was going on, Asuka was quietly sitting alone in the blue corner. Completely alone. Who knew that a goddess of love, charming people with her maid outfit and glowing azure eyes, would be in a place like this?

"What am I doing with my life?..."

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬! 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬!"

The start signal has just been given. Both teams proceeded to the opposite ends of the rope. Asuka had gathered the hem of the maid's dress a little higher to prevent the dirt from staining her dress.

Asuka stood alone on the right end of the rope, with eight people in front of him, including his lover. Itsuki wasn't there in the first place; she was somewhere in the back, but when Asuka looked at her, all Itsuki could do was make an apology face. "Gomen~! I tried..."

"All right, the rules are simple. If one of the opposing team crosses the line, they lose. You also lose if everyone holding the rope lets go. Those who let go of the rope can't hold it again. That's it."

"What a headache..." Asuka mumbled as he hold the rope.

At the front of the opposing team was A-chan. She were face-to-face with Asuka, so they could talk to each other.

"A-asumi-chan! Don't worry! We won't let your pride hurt!"

"Ha? What the hell you sayin'? "

" 3! "

A voice came from behind the red team. "Get ready! WITH ALL STRENGTH!"

" 2! "

"Sorry Asuka...!"

" 1! "

"..."

"START!"

So the starting whistle blew.

"ALL RIGHT EVERYONE! PULL!" B-kun yelled a war cry.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Everyone screamed, except Itsuki.

What happened after that was something that no one will ever see again in their life. A legend that will be told even in the coming years at Asahiyama High School.

*THUD*

The rope didn't move even an inch.

It's like it was frozen in time. The seven people who were there were pulling on the rope with all their strength, but the rope seemed to refuse to move.

"H-hngh! The fuck...! Oi! A-chan, what do you see? Did the rope stuck on something?" F-kun yelled from back.

There's something to explain before we continue.

The truth about the beautiful school idol Asumi Shoko. The heart of that perfect girl that everyone saw.

Emotions. The whole painful past week put too much strain on Asuka's heart. Responsibility for his mistake, the upcoming exams anxiety, and the fight that night in the Nakano residance.

Although Asuka seems to be a positive and friendly person on the outside, people are different on the inside than on the outside. No being can be cheerful and happy forever, this is what you call life. Every wound you get leaves traces in your heart and becomes buried in your subconscious. Negative emotions gradually accumulate in the heart without the person realizing it, and eventually explode.

Asuka has been through a lot this week, things that no one wants to experience.

Today it just got worse. The maid outfit incident, the abuses he's endured, the stress of anyone discovering out who he is, the exhaustion to the death, and more...The final blow was the team selection. His brain could no longer hold his heart.

Asuka Shoji has already reached his limit.

''W-what...A-asumi-...-chan?...''

What stood in front of A-chan that day was neither the handsome prince of the school nor the school maid that everyone loved. The moment that rope fell into his hands, they were both gone lost.

''IS SHE HOLDING THE ROPE WITH ONE ARM?''

Everyone expresses their feelings in different ways. All the emotions that Asuka held in his heart that time turned into anger. Pure anger...

It's no longer a human being that holding the power of seven student with one arm in front of A-chan anymore. Nobody knows what it is. A nameless monster.

''...''

''𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲...''

''Asumi...-ch-A-ah...AAAAAAAAAH!! YAMETE!...''

*BOOOOOOOM!!!*

.

.

.

That beautiful maid pulled the rope with such force... The seven people holding the rope were thrown away with the impact.

By literal means. Asuka pulled the rope with such force that every single one of them, except Itsuki, thrown several meters away as if they had been hitted by a car. Because Itsuki didn't quite hold the rope, she just lost her balance and fell to the ground without any injury.

As for others...

B-kun thrown up to the wall five meters away and crashed right into the wall. He crashed so badly that the wall cracked.

A-chan lost consciousness from fear and slammed to the ground.

D-chan and C-chan blown away to the tree nine meters away. First D-chan hit her back right to the tree and C-chan she hit her back on D-chan's body and they both lost consciousness, with sticky foam coming out of their mouths.

G-kun hit the side-wall that his head pierced the wall and came out from the other side, and faint.

As for F and E-kun, those two flew all the way to the pool 12 meters away. No one knows if they are conscious or not ( or even alive ).

''𝗛𝗮𝗵...𝗵𝗮𝗵...𝗵𝗮𝗵...!''

And that's how strong Asuka Shoji is. Just by pure luck none of them seriously hurt. But most likely none of them will wake up for at least a few hours. With a single pull of the rope, the goddess of beauty swept seven people into the wind.

Of course, Asuka came to his senses after a few seconds.

''A-ara... Where did everyone go?''

Itsuki was protecting herself in the earthquake position on the ground when Asuka saw him. Drop, Cover, and Hold On.

''I-Itsuki?! Are you alright? What happened?''

''I d-don't know... All of a sudden the ground started shaking and I fell to the ground. I thought it was an earthquake...''

''Take my hand, I don't remember what happened but it seems over.''

Itsuki stood up gently while holding Asumi's hand. ''Thank you.''

''Be a little more careful, you're covered in dust.''

''I never noticed...''

''Gotcha, one second.'' Asuka put her hands on Itsuki's shoulders and wiped the dust off the girl. After all, it is the duty of both sides to take care of their partners. ''Okay! All done!''

''Hehe, thank you.'' Itsuki hugged him.

''Nee, Itsuki. You know where everybody else go?''

''I couldn't see much, but they probably ran away cause of the earthquake, and eh?...Asuka, why are you smiling?''

''Hehe, I dunno. It's like a big burden just disappeared from my heart. Guess the race has cancelled. Shall we go get those meat buns?''

''Meat buns!'' Itsuki hugged his arm. ''Do you think they're okay?''

''Given how weak the earthquakes are in this area, I'm sure they're okay.''

Thus, Asuka and Itsuki left the tug of war area together. But they left a legend behind.

---

''Sensei! There're corpses in the pool!

''Blubububububub...''

''Nevermind! They're fine!''

---

Asuka's POV:

I don't quite remember what happened in the tug of war, but it shouldn't be a big deal. Right now me and Itsuki are going to get the meat buns we promised each other. And we're almost out of time, after eating the buns we have to go to the library to meet everyone else and check the exam results.

''Today ends, right?... It was a perfect date. Thank you so much for today...'' She said.

''Eh, baka. It's just noon. Once we know you girl's exam results, we can continue having fun. On top of that, this festival will continue tomorrow as well.''

''Will you come here tomorrow? Thought your class is free tomorrow.''

''Hell naw. I'll be at home all day. I've had enough for one day already. No problem for you, right?''

Itsuki giggled. ''Absolutely not. You deserve to rest, It must be tiring to carry those boobs all day.''

''Don't even ask *sigh* I'll have back pain for a few days. At least you don't have such a problem.''

''...! Hmpf!'' She punched my arm lighttly.

''Ouch!—Sorry, I didn't mean to say it in the wrong way, hehe.''

''Geez... Even though you're awesome in school, sometimes you're a complete dummy.''

Amidst our ongoing conversation, we approached the meat bun counter.

''I'll take the extra big!''

''Hai hai.'' I handed over the coupons to her with a smile. ''Maybe we-!!!''

*BZZT*

*BZZZZZT*

Strange noises started coming from the voice changer collar all of a sudden. It wasn't very loud, but it was enough for me to hear. WAIT WAIT WAIT! IT'S HAPPENING! AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS STUPID SHIT? Or maybe it's just broken... ANYWAY, IT'S WORTH TAKING A RISK.

I immediately started running to the nearest men's bathroom without even looking at Itsuki.

''Oi! Where are you going!?''

''I'll be back soon! Take one meat bun for me too!'' I yelled from afar.

''Hmpf...''

I dashed into the first men's restroom I came across. There's a good chance no one was inside, because that would be very strange. I immediately threw myself in front of the mirror.

I actually walked around all day with this face... this stupid fake girl face. Helping my classmates was valuable, but everything else pretty much destroyed me... This stupid drama must end right now. I'm hoping the security lock is turned off... I can't risk my manhood any longer.

*Click*

.

.

.

''Mou! It's been ten minutes!'' Itsuki was pouting with two meat buns inside her hands. As far as I can see, she's already started to eat her own. I'd better go to her without wasting time.

''Sorry I'm late.''

''Finally! I thought for a moment that you left me...''

''Changing clothes took longer than I thought.''

''What you me———!!!''

Yes, she must be surprised.

''A-asuka...?!''

''It took longer than I thought, but I finally found the safety button. Hello Itsuki.''

''A-ah...AAAAAHHHH!'' She hugged with me with teary eyes. ''Is it finally over?''

''Hehe! The school idol Asumi had to transfer for now. Would you like to spend the day with an ordinary boy instead?''

''I *sniff* want... In fact, I would be *sniff* very very happy...''

Finally, the safety lock of the collar lifted and I managed to get it off somehow. I won't lie, I feel like I'm on the clouds right now. Getting rid of those silly boobs and makeup felt ecstasic.

Itsuki's still trying to wipe away her tears, after all, this is the first time she has seen me today. Real me.

''Is it good?'' I pointed the meat bun she was munching with her teary eyes and chuckle. Believe me, how much I miss my own voice.

''Swo dwelihcious...''

''Oi! Don't cry while eating!''

''My tears, I cannot stop them.''

''Nothing to do then...'' I sighed. ''I'm back, Itsuki.''

That's how Itsuki and I enjoyed our meal. Eating has never tasted so good yet I don't want to see makeup or wigs again in my whole life. For now, I'm just going to enjoy my time with my girlfriend.

.

.

.

[ One Hour Later, Library ]

''So his friend replies 'Only a spoonful ' , this leads to King Bach pulling out a comically large spoon.''

''It was indeed an interesting story...''

Our time was already up before I even realized. It was time to gather up, so Itsuki and I came to the library as we promised to the others. We got the closed documents that showing our exam results. However, we all decided to open it together, so for now, they are still a surprise.

''Are you ready, Itsuki? I told you, didn't I? I'll be proud of you, no matter what.''

''Yes! I'll not betray your trust, none of us will...''

I opened the library door. I'm ready for the future.

''Itsuki! Asuka-kun! Welcome back.''

''Yo, Yotsuba.''

''How was your day, Yotsuba?''

Yotsuba stood up and then hugged her sister. She also high-fived with me.

''Incredible! I've got a fantastic story to tell. Hihi! Besides, I see...You're free, Asuka-kun.'' Yotsuba is trying to communicate in code since Itsuki is with me. Of course, Yotsuba is completely unaware that Itsuki knows.

''Where's Fuutarou? I thought you were together?''

''Ssh, be quiet Asuka-kun!'' Yotsuba pointed her finger at Fuutarou, who was asleep at the desk. ''Uesugi-san really worked hard today.''

''Did you get your exam papers?'' Itsuki asked with a smile and she seated on a chair as well.

''Hai! I picked it up on my way here with Uesugi-san. We were waiting for you as we were the first to arrive.''

''You seem amused. I'm glad.'' I smiled to Yotsuba.

''I didn't know you were hanging out with Itsuki, Asuka-kun...'' Yotsuba gently lowered her voice tone.

''We met on the way and we were both alone, so we decided to hang together.'' I never like to lie, but we're going to keep our relationship a secret for a while. ''I'll wake Fuutarou up. Without the head tutor, there can't be exam review.''

Yotsuba left me to gossip with Itsuki. And I walked right to the sleeping genius. Even though I'm still a little pissed off at him...Heh...

''Oi, Fuutarou! Wake up...'' I poked his cheek.

''Ugh...Asuka?...'' Fuutarou slowly opened his eyes. ''I fell asleep...''

''W-woah! Dude, what the hell is your face? You look like you just stepped off the battlefield.''

''Pretty accurate prediction, ugh...Still hurts. Where are we?''

''You're in the library. We're going to review the exam results, remember? We're waiting for the others. I'll remind you again. We're about to be fired.'' I sighed and pulled a chair next to Fuutarou.

''I see you got rid of Asumi.''

''And she'll never return! I put her body in a coffin and threw it into the ocean. Oh, by the way. I'm going to get my revenge so bad, so sleep with one eye open at night.''

''We've got more important things to do, Asuka...''

''Ara~ Don't start the party without me.''

The other girls began to arrive one by one while we were talking. Ichika was the first to arrive. Instead of her usual school uniform, she was dressed in clothes I had previously seen on Nino.

''It better be worth my time coming here, hmpf!''

Nino arrived a few minutes later. The strange thing was that instead of her usual angry expression, she was more happy. Maybe she finally got a boyfriend? Pfft yeah, And I'm the President of United States.

''Sorry I'm late... Cosplays are seriously addicting.''

.

.

.

Finally, the entire gang gathered. In fact, everyone's face is unusually bright with happiness. They were having their own adventures while I was with Itsuki. We decided to take a break before things got serious and tell each other what we did today. Even if Nino has so far been suspiciously avoiding telling us what she did today.

After all, tsunderes are tsunderes.

Ichika claims she went to the stands with a friend. Miku went to a cosplay event and made many new friends. Fuutarou and Yotsuba... I had no idea what the heck were they doing. Yotsuba attempted to explain, but Fuutarou quickly silenced her.

Besides... I have a girlfriend to take care of now.

Exciting days are upon us.

- - -

Author Note:

And the arc ends here! It was awesome! Many of you may be waiting for the exam results to be announced, but I decided to skip that part. Why? Because it's going to be the same as the original story...hehe. Who wants to read the same things over and over again? Right right?

Now we will continue with from the classic story for a while. I'm not thinking about putting in a self-created arc FOR A WHILE!! - Not arcs but but chapters instead ;) - In addition, even the existence of our main characters will completely change some arcs. After all, they have to influence the story, too.

Also...Now we have a new main character and a couple!

How about Miku? The time for her star to shine has not yet come! That's why Miku spent this festival with her friends. Interestingly, Miku was the one who had the most fun among them.

Plus, Asuka stopped using honorifics when speaking to the quints. I forgot to mention it earlier.

I hope you enjoy reading my amateur story... I don't really care how many people read it! It's a lot of fun to put your thoughts down on paper.

- - -

[ SHORT STORY ]

Itsuki: I forgot my sunscreen on the way to the pool... Ugh, bronze skin really doesn't look good on me.

Yotsuba: Uwa! Itsuki you look awesome! I also want to tan!

Miku: Such was the skin color of ancient warriors... Historically. I liked it.

Nino: Don't forget your sunscreen next time! Sunspots are extremely harmful to the skin.

Ichika: I've heard that this is the latest fashion... We can go to the solarium and get a tan together, girls. Onee-chan'll treat you all.

Fuutarou: Come on...It's a simple chemical reaction. In a few days, your skin color should be back to normal.

Itsuki: I know that too, you asshole. I was just asking for your opinion.

Fuutarou: Uhh...Not bad? I guess...

Itsuki: What do you say, Asuka? Do you think it looks good on me?

Asuka: ...

Itsuki: ...Bad isn't it?... Mou! At least say something. Don't worry, I won't be offended!

Asuka: NI-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 1 18
Fuutarou has made his choice. So what happens now? Let's delve deep into the fallout of Fuutarou's choice and the end of the manga. This story wil...
341K 10.1K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...
35.7K 1.3K 45
Y/N and Fuutarou were really down on their luck the past few months, with the Uesugi family having huge financial difficulty with an increasing amoun...
9.7K 530 45
**second book in the series** (Y/N) arrived back in his home country... but some want him back? He returns to Japan (reluctantly) and continues to tu...