𝐴 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑆...

By LeoXi_Andria

One by one, the past had tormented and ripped them apart from themselves. One had become selfish. One of blin... More

READ THIS ( please. )
1. The End and The New.
2. Purpose.
3. An Eagle and A Sleeping Tiger.
4. Unprecedented Results.
5. Lonely Memory.
6. Repeatance.
7. A Painting of Secrecy.
8. Family.
9. Taken for Granted.
10. Rising Struggles
11. See Right Through Me.
13. Philip's Torment.

12. A Brother's Lament.

36 5 0
By LeoXi_Andria

· · ─ ·𖥸· ─ · ·

Smoke filled the room as the stench of it suffocated the air. The smell of alcohol had accompanied the leftovers of the cigars that had been used prior, and was scattered in one place on the ground.

Philip, restless, sat by the couch in his office. The curtains all closed, His hand gripping a glass filled of alcohol, as an empty box of cigarettes layed on the table beneath his foot.

"Tch. Why now."

The news plastered on the screen of his television, a breaking headline could be found anywhere;

' Corona Virus Outbreak. '

"They'll handle it, they said. They'll find a way to not cause it to go overseas, they said. What a bunch of lies."

Philip huffed in anger. It had been several days after the meeting and things have been turning for the worse. The president was no help at all, The vice president was in no good terms with the president and none of the senate was getting along, news outlets are getting shut out and every single citizen of the country is protesting about the unrighteous deaths of those killed during the drug hunts...

He couldn't control anything. He didn't have any power.

Even if he had been appointed as temporary country representative, he still had no real access as he did when he was the real country representative.

"Because of you, my life is in turmoil once again. I hope your happy, you little sh*t."

The Filipino stared at the picture frame at the corner cabinet, His middle finger up and going as he looked up to a black and white picture of Martial from the 70's, the last picture that was ever taken of the older before his disappearance.

Holding on to his position, he immediately faltered, groaning as he placed his arm on his face, covering his eyes. Sighing deeply as he recollect everything from the past.

"Sigh...."

He had been neglected throughout his life. Philip's misfortune, as he tells himself, started from the tradegy of his mother's death.

From the abuse of the Spanish Empire, The lover facade of USA, the burning puppetry from the Japanese Empire, the undending list of lost Filipinos in the martial law era, up till the present...

He never once rested. He always fought to survive, to live for others...

But what about him?

Sighing once again, He was too stressed to be overwhelmed with intoxication from the alcohol that he picked up his phone and dialed a number that he didn't knew he could...

Philip was about to press call, but hesitated for a moment.

"Who... Was I about to call?"

He dropped his phone to the ground. Quickly, his vision was darkening, but, he heard the doors creak as he heard a familiar voice followed with a cough...

"Philip? God, Philip, What on earth are you even on to-"

Sigh... Can't you see I'm already grieving enough to hear even a slight of your lecture, much less your voice? He thought, blacking out from reality immediately.

Waking up in a familiar ceiling, Philip slowly sat up as he grabbed his head in desperation on fighting the headache he was experiencing form drinking too much the night before.

Turning his head on his side, he saw Philia sleeping uncomfortably on the side, sitting down on a chair and merely used her crossed arms as pillows.

"Philia? What are you...?"

As soon as he said that, The female started waking up and composing herself...

"You're awake. That's good."

"What are you doing in my room?"

"What do you think I'm doing? After what you- Just... Drink this."

Weird... She was starting to complain just now, what happened? Being handed a hangover over medicine and water, he looked suspicious at Philia as she was acting weird all of a sudden...

"After you rest a bit, Take a bath. Take the day off, I'll handle the country affairs."

"Huh? Wait-"

Beforw he could say anything, Philia quickly exited the room, leaving the Filipino dumbfounded... Well, it was favourable to him in some way, he gets to rest even for a day...

But why was Philia acting suspiciously? What happened last night?

"Philip? I'm coming in."

Del knocked by the door and came in, looking behind him, as if his eyes followed a strange anomaly.

"Why was Philia coming out of your room? Doesn't she reside in the far east wing?"

"I don't know, Del. Ugh..."

Philip groaned, his headache coming to him every second it got.

"Did you go drinking again, last night?"

"A little too much, yes."

"I did tell you to lessen your alcohol intake, You never listen, do you?"

"Spare me your lecture please."

The younger scoffed, laughing at the older's remark but he couldn't help but pass the thought of what really happened last night.

"Say, Isn't she acting weird?"

"Who?

"Who else? Philia."

He couldn't agree more. But what information was he holding to get an answer to that, none.

"As I was getting to your room, I told her off expecting a comeback as always. But rather than that, she looked at me and never said a word, as she walked away quietly."

Del seemed to have chills by just saying those words, it was as if the female had been possessed as they say.

"Did she say anything to you or anything?"

The older wanted to make sure that the younger was not threatened or was bombarded with any of her daily complaints.

"No... Rather, she said she'll handle the country and I should take the day off."

"What? What on earth... God, I'm getting chills."

Philip was even more curious, what really happened between him and his "sister" that she was acting weird in the morning that they were suspecting that she had come to be possessed by another spirit.

⊹₊┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ✿ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈₊⊹

The clocked ticked as Philia sat behind the country representative's desk. Her pen umoving and unprogessive. It was unlike her to stop working just like this. The events of last night left her restless and wavering as she worried and stressed about it every moment she had.

"I miss my older brother and sister that cared. Ang sakit, Ate. Ginagawa ko naman lahat para maabot ko kayo, pero... Lahat ng paghihirap ko wala lang sa inyo. Bakit ganoon, Ate? Hindi pa ba sapat ang lahat ng ginagawa ko? Di pa ba ako sapat sa inyong paningin?"

[... It hurts, Sister. I tried everything to just reach your level, but... All my hardships are like nothing to you. Why is that, Sister? Is what I am doing not enough? Am I not enough in your sight? ]

Those very words stucl to Philia's mind after yesterday night. She didn't knew how to react, she knew that her younger brother was drunk, but to the extent that he couldn't contain everything anymore and just released it all at once that night.

She couldn't handle leaving her brother, yet, she also couldn't talk to him about it. She lost her brother's trust long ago, that Philip's heart stayed away from her and was disinterested in reconciliation... Philia knew that. She knew, but after last night... She really didn't know what to do.

Then, a knock came to the door:

"Ma'am, It's Manila"

"Ah, yes. Come in."

In came Manila, with a new set of documents to review and sign. The city placed the papers on tue desk at once as she continued to review the previous ones she stopped working on earlier.

Manila stood by the side and watched the Filipina quietly do her work. Fast and efficient, That's what the Filipina was known for... But what Manila was seeing was quite the opposite. Sighs and slow reviews. It wasn't like Philia to be like this.

"Is everything alright? Ma'am?"

Philia remained silent for a few seconds before speaking again.

"No. When was the last time I had a proper conversation, without fighting, with Philip and Del?"

"I suppose... None. Except before the Spanish, Ma'am."

She began to think deeply. If it was already that long, what has she been doing to get them back... None.

As she also has her own set of problems, and it had been her personality to shift the blame to others because she couldn't handle it herself.

"How is everything so complicated..."

"Ma'am?"

"Nothing."

As she continued to work, Philia went to grab the small cup of tea she put aside from earlier, and as she was about to lift it up from its plate, the handle of the cup broke.

"Oh my! I'll replace it quickly!"

Manila panicked, quickly heading to the door to fetch another cup but the female stopped him.

"No, It's alright. I'll just hold the cup."

"It's hot?"

"Don't worry. I grew up not just a lady, Manila."

"If you insist then. I'll still grab another cup for you to use."

"Thank you."

The male smiled at her before leaving the room. Philia chuckled as she saw her aide leave a moment, as her eyes went back to the papers and she noticed that the ink had spilled to the document from her pen...

"Ah... My goodness, This is an important document, Philia. How can you be so careless?"

She sighed, trying to clean up the mess she had made. But as she cleaned, the ink of the parchment had made a symbol of like wings and it sent her back to memory lane.

Philia trembled, her eyes widened like that day;

"Philia. Whatever happens today, whatever you saw. It's merely just your imagination."

"Lies... Lies. Lies! Lies! Imagination? You think what I saw clearly would be an illusion?"

Her hands still trembled in fear. She remembers everything down to the smallest bit. His golden eyes turned crimson red, the raven coloured wings, pale skin and the black cracks that we erupted from his eyes to his skin...

It was... Horrendous.

"It was rumoured that during the war, You are to not engaged with the one who possesses raven wings and eyes of blood. Otherwise, you won't live till the next sunrise."

Her thoughts echoed loudly throughout her mind. There were stories about her brother that had seemed too exaggerated but now she had seen the truth.

It was true. Martial had become an embodiment of a taboo.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"North, I have a request."

"Yes? Anything, what do you need?"

Martial sat by the balcony. The two had been in a shooting range within the territory of the Northern Korean Peninsula, and after a few rounds they had sat for a break on the balcony of the manor near them, that North Korea owned.

"You're awfully generous. Anything?"

"Well, you've been here a few days now. I practically monitor everything you do and all you do is a same as you first came here."

"That's true."

The Filipino looked at his hands noticing some abnormalities on it, he immediately closed it into a fist and looked at the Korean.

"I need to borrow a cell from you, a secured and isolated cell. Underground, if you have any."

North Korea turned and looked at the Filipino, who had a genuine look on his face-A look of fear, worry and surrender.

"What are you going to do? I can lend you one but what for?"

"Let's say, I have a condition that requires... Being locked up."

A large urge was coming up to the Korean to ask what was the real reason, but looking at Martial's expression, he dared not ask.

Nightfall soon came into view, and Martial had once again requested that he was going to stay at the cell he wanted for a few days at most.

North Korea never once mentioned his concern as he was surrounded by his country leader's soldiers and was being monitored by them. This was a favourable event for the humans but as Martial was under North Korea, they dared not touch their 'hostage'.

The korean had quickly closed the doors to the underground prison, to which Martial was in.

"Thank you."

Martial spoke, a faint smile upon his face as he held the bars separating him from the others within the room.

"Are you doing to be alright in there? You are still recovering."

"I'll be fine, Don't worry."

"I'll come down often as I can to check on you. Food will also be brought each meal as well as your medication."

Worry was flooding North Korea's mind. This was the first time he had felt worried for another person, except for his younger brother, South, that he watch from afar...

"Don't worry North. I'll be fine. It's just a few days, we'll see each other soon."

The Korean had no longer seen Martial as a friend nor a life saver, rather, something... Someone more.

"You have to go back to your duties now. Look after yourself alright?"

"I should say that to you."

The two shared a slight laugh before the other left.

North looked back as he was coming up the stairs to the exit. Martial gave a small wave and a smile to reassure the Korean, North Korea have a wave back yey hesitantly as he walked up with his soldiers behind him.

Soon they were all out of view and the click of the doors and its locks were heard echoing throughout the empty halls of the prison, Martial smiled once more as he went up to the chains within the cell.

"I'm sorry, North. Looks like I won't be able to see you in a few days as promised. It's for the better, Martial. Do it for your... Family..."

He quickly took the chains and chained himself up, his wrists and feet all chained up as he threw the keys to the other cell, far from him.

He then sat on the cold floor, listening to the silence coming into him.

Looking at his hands once again, He wept. His knees collapsed to the floor, his back taking rest on the wall behind him as he sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."

Martial kept repeating those words, his voice's echo mimicing his very emotions as he lost his voice to speak any longer. The cell was dark and the only light coming in was from the moonlight peeking from the high window.

It was frightening as it was isolated.

[ To Be Continued... ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505 30 21
This is an AmePhil book. I think it will have some similarities to the other book. America, a country who fell in love with a beautiful country. But...
1.9K 95 6
Hello and welcome! This book will contain chapters regarding: ・Historically fictional oneshots of countryhumans, statehumans, and cityhumans (and on...
367K 10.9K 31
(COMPLETED) You are a mortal girl with a mortal life you're nothing special, at least you think so. Being able to do something other humans can't, yo...
44.3K 861 67
Random oneshots for Countryhumans. Cover by @Apeculiarchild2