Rooster | Fallen Angels MC #4

By LaurenMGranich

Fallen Angels MC #4: Rooster grew up in the club. Like his namesake, he's up early in the morning and early t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 15

720 37 2
By LaurenMGranich

Hope you all enjoy!

********

"Fuck! Rooster!" Viper had her hand tangled in my hair and was gripping so hard I could almost see stars. I pulled back and grinned. I crawled on top of her body until my face met hers, drunk with sleepiness but high on an orgasm. I'd seen her look grumpier.

"Good wake up call?" I smiled down at her cheekily. There was still a tiny bit of moisture–likely drool–at the corner of her mouth, and her hair was practically matted behind her head.

"Better than an alarm clock, that's for sure," Viper gave me a sleepy grin in return before something crossed her eyes. As soon as it did, she schooled her features into her normal look. It was like a shadow had passed over her face. Her arms nudged me enough to fall back next to her as she sat up.

Viper smoothed her hair at the back of her head, wiped the corner of her mouth, and walked to her private bathroom in all of her nude glory. I couldn't keep another smile off of my face while I crossed my arms behind my head. She still looked perfect this early in the morning. While she took a quick shower, I slid my clothes on from the night before and my phone and left the room.

This was my favorite time of day. The clubhouse was quiet, save for someone's music playing in their room or a tv, and I got the entire place to myself. I put a cold brew pod into the coffee maker, then hit the cup button that was larger than the one I usually used. I opened the cabinet next to the sink and pulled out two mugs, placing one under the coffee maker spout quickly before any of it hit the counter.

I placed the second mug beside the coffee maker, then moved to the pantry. The whir and dripping of the machine sounded louder in the morning, when nothing and no one was there to cover the noise up. I glanced at the different flavors of Pop-Tarts I had and smiled when I reached the fruity ones.

Grabbing one for myself, I switched the mugs under the coffeemaker, put in a farmhouse blend pod, and hit the small mug on the machine. I ripped open the toaster pastries and held one in my mouth as I reached the toaster. I slid one slice into the toaster, pushed down on the knob, and munched on the other one.

I heard Viper's door creak open and shut, and she came down the stairs with a pointed look. God, how did she not look tired at all? I knew she wasn't a morning person, but damn did she look like one.

"What are you eating?" Viper interrupted my sweep of her body. Those tight black jeans, the black leather jacket... "Rooster?"

"Uh, sorry. It's a, uh, Pop-Tart," I muttered. She glanced at me with a weird look and peeked around me, as if I had the stash hidden there.

"Got any more?" Viper asked. That wasn't the normal response I got, but I grinned and popped the last bit of pastry into my mouth.

Through a mouth full of food, I asked, "Which flavor?" Viper thought for a second as she sat on one of the stools at the island.

"Got anything chocolate flavored?"

"I have plenty," I answered after I swallowed. "How sweet do you like your breakfast?"

"I've never turned down sugar," was Viper's answer. I walked to the pantry again and reached for the sweetest, chocolatiest flavor I had and slid it across the island to her, followed by her coffee mug. The toaster popped behind me and I grinned, reaching for it but fumbling it because of the heat.

"Toast mine?" It sounded both like a question, and a demand. I blew on the pop tart I was holding and held it between my teeth as I reached for hers. She looked amused at my antics.

"So, breakfast of champions, huh?" Viper teased. The toaster popped with her breakfast and I had it on a plate and in front of her in a second.

"For sure," I smirked. "Where you headed?" Viper gave me a look that suggested I shouldn't have asked, then continued eating her breakfast in silence. I glanced at my watch, then back at her.

"Really can't tell me?" I muttered sarcastically. She shoved the last bit of Pop Tart into her mouth, stood, and sauntered over to me.

"It's classified," Viper murmured against my lips and grinned as she gave me a quick kiss. I rolled my eyes, picked up my coffee, and walked towards the front door. "Did you take your meds?" I whirled around and narrowed my eyes at her.

"Who told you about that?" I demanded. I wasn't offended, but I clearly didn't go around shouting it from the rooftops.

"Would that get him in trouble?" Viper pouted and blinked her eyes at me several times. I rolled my eyes and turned around to go outside to my post. This woman was going to cause me to be late.

Her footsteps hurried behind me and she appeared at my side, grinning to herself with her to-go cup of coffee in her hand. Viper took another sip and nudged my elbow.

"I'm going to meet a few contacts, then head to the bar for a staff meeting," she put that part in quotation marks, "then I'm running some errands. What time is your shift up?"

She'd actually told me. Progress!

"Two o'clock as long as the next guy's on time," I joked. She smirked then took another ship of her coffee. I was hoping for a kiss before she'd left, but that one in the kitchen was already too much for her.

Yeah, this not-so-friends with benefits thing wasn't going to work for me.

I needed more.

********

"Finally!" I stood up from my chair and stretched long and hard, feeling a few bones in my chest snap back into place. I'd been huddled over the desk watching Netflix for the entirety of my shift, and the prospect was late.

"Sorry," he panted, "Pres was on the phone and screaming the bar down."

"What?" I gathered up my snack wrappers, threw them in the trash, and grabbed my phone as I rushed down the stairs of the watch-post. I jogged through the door to the bar and could immediately hear what the prospect was talking about. Pres' voice was echoing off of every surface of the bar and everyone had stopped what they were doing to listen.

"Does it sound like I give a fuck? Do your fucking job! That's what I fucking hired you to do!" We all cringed at the sound of something smashing against the wall. Silence followed. I would've thought he was yelling at Viper, but she walked in the door behind me a moment later with grocery bags in her hand.

"What crawled up his ass and died?" Viper asked. Her voice seemed to snap everyone back into action, and voices filled the room again.

"No clue. I'm going to find out," I answered. I stepped forward and lightly knocked on the door, then pushed it open with a grin. It quickly faded when I saw Queenie in the chair across Pres' desk, head in her hands, and Pres' arms crossed across his chest as his breath heaved.

"Everything okay?" I asked after a beat of silence.

"Do you remember the doc we had before Bee?" Pres asked. I nodded, wondering what I'd just walked into.

"Bruce? Sure. Surly guy, but got the job done. Left because he pussied-out," I remembered him, sure. He was an asshole and Bee's brightness did a lot for this club now. He was pissed that Doc was our go-to, even though they got paid the same. The club hierarchy was, all in all, mostly about seniority. Doc has been with us since before Pres was Pres, and he's been loyal to the bone.

"He wants to come back or he'll try and blackmail the club. Threatened to spill everything he knows," Queenie lamented as she pushed her hair away from her face. "From my standpoint, with all of the information Mike says he has, it would be hard–really hard–to fight it in court."

"I sent some guys after him, but they can't find him," Pres scowled. He threw himself back in his chair with a sigh.

"Minnie offered to pick Josie up from school. I'll have Josie stick with her while we figure this out," Queenie crossed her arms and wandered around the office. Pres' phone rang, and he practically growled before picking it up.

"What?" He demanded. His face changed as he immediately hung up the phone and flew out of his office. Pres returned with Viper in tow looking stoic as ever. "You could've just come into the damn office instead of calling me."

"It sounded like a lot of yelling in here," Viper waved her hands around the office, "I didn't want to get involved."

"Hurry up," Pres growled. Viper sighed, but relented.

"Some guy showed up to the bar this morning. Bright and early at 8 o'clock this morning, and he was pissed because we wouldn't give him a damn drink."

"What does this have to do with me?" Pres demanded.

"Well I heard you yelling from out there about some guy named Bruce. This guy said he was from around the area. Said his name was Bruce," Viper continued, "thought nothing of it at the time, but you should know."

"What did he look like?" Pres' angry look didn't go away, but he looked far more interested in what Viper had to say.

"Tall, arms about as big around as Sniper's, blonde hair. Stupid-ass tattoo of a four leaf clover on his hand." She was describing Bruce to a T. "Oh! Also mentioned he'd bring his "police" buddies back if there was an issue in the future."

"Fuck!" Pres ran his hand through his hair and scratched the back of his head. "We may already be too late."

"Don't think that way. Let's think of a strategy here–we have to be smart. Think ahead," Queenie assured him. Viper raised her hand in a wave.

"This is above my pay-grade right now. Good luck," she murmured as she snuck out the door. I followed her and snickered at her.

"So, staring at Sniper's arms now?"

********

Have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.6K 26
Ember felt a pull that it was time to move on from the place she's at. She's never stayed in the same place for long and here she has stayed longer t...
573K 30.8K 57
Nix was a complicated woman with a complicated past. She trusted no one, well other than her only friend Harley. But Harley was currently still f...
92.6K 2.7K 35
Have you ever been in love with your best friend? Well, I certainly have. I'm the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. The girl who is an illegiti...
100K 2.8K 30
Araceli is 16 and is ready to be set free from the brutal life of a biker princess. Her mother and older brother was shoot dead and her dad was sente...