PrimRose

Von Avesee

FULL NAME: Primrose Rhys Davidson DISLIKES: Her first name, Primrose Rhys Davidson lived the last eight years... Mehr

Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
06. Not. My. Girlfriend
07. Regina and Friends
08. The Emperor's Speech
09. Hot Dog
10. Badass
11. Pure Bliss
12. Lunch in Class
13. Relationshipology
14. The Bowling Alley
15. Shawn to the Rescue
16. Never Far From Trouble
17. Left Out
18. Fire Breathers
19. A Shitty Day
21. A Perfect Snack
22. Fire Fairy
23. Remi's Kitchen
24. Fire Breathers II
25. The Karate Kids
26. A Hot Sack of Potatoes
27. All Just a Bad Dream
28. Dinner at the Kings
29. Unexpected
30. Strong Girls Don't Cry
31. Kings Delight
32. Brother Zoned
33. Better off as Enemies
34. Senior Elijah
35. Another Encounter with Mr. Davidson
36. Rhys and Abel
37. The Adekoyas
38.
39. Little Soldier
40.

20. Meeting Another Davidson

9 2 0
Von Avesee

The doorbell to the Kings house echoed within while I impatiently waited outside for someone to attend to me.
I came to get GG and I was already tired. Today was hell and I was tired of it. I just wanted to go home and lie down.

The door opened and Regina came into view. Her tie was a little loose, her shirt tucked out of her skirt and her feet bare. She still looked smart and proper, no wrinkles on her dress and her powder and shiny lipgloss still intact.
She looked at me in surprise and glared at me, “What are you doing here?”

“I came to get my sister” I said tiredly.

She placed one hand on her waist and stared intimidatingly, “What’s her name?”

“Ginger”

She scoffed, “Ginger? Is that even a name or you're just making it up?”

“Regina, I really don't have the strength for this, can I see Mrs. Kings? Or even Sophie. I'ld rather talk to a six year old than talk to you”

She was going to retort when someone appeared beside her, “Rhys, I didn't know it was y_”

“I’m here to pick my sister up” I cut him off completely ignoring the fact that he was trying to be nice.

He sighed and looked at me apologetically.
“Look, about earlier today I'm _”

“Are they home or not?”

He bit his lip and momentarily closed his eyes, “I totally deserve that” he muttered to himself but I heard him anyway. “Mom went to get a few things so she left with the girls. They should be back anytime soon”

Great.
I felt like banging my head on the closest wall.

“You can wait inside” he offered.

“I’ll wait in the car” I replied curtly and was already taking my leave when a white Mercedes drove in through the gate.

Mrs. Kings stepped out from the driver's seat and opened the door for the girls.

“Wees!” GG jumped up and down and ran towards me.

I couldn't help but smile. My bright sunshine on a rainy day, that's who GG is to me.
I lowered myself to her height and she slammed into my waiting arms with force. It's a miracle that we didn't end up on the floor.

“How was your day?” I asked her.

“Perfect!”

“How so” I chuckled.

“Come on Sophie” she turned to Sophie and urged her to come to us.

I smiled brightly at the shy little girl standing beside her mom who was trying to get something from the car.
She walked up to us and I embraced her with one hand while the other was still wrapped around GG.
I peppered them with kisses on their faces and they were both laughing.

Mrs Kings approached us with a smile on her face.

“Good afternoon ma. Thank you so much for helping me look after GG” I said standing up to my full height.

“Don’t mention” she pulled me into a warm hug. “How are you faring at home without your parents around?” she asked concern written all over her face.

“We are doing just fine” I said smiling at the two girls who were running inside completely ignoring Elijah and Regina who seemed to be arguing, in whispers, I think. I'm not sure what exactly is going on and I don't really care.

“My home is always open to you girls, you know that right?” she said seriously.

“I know”

“Come in and have something before you leave. I know you started tests today and you must have had a long day” she said and turned to leave but then stopped herself and held my hand “I’m not taking no for an answer this time around”
Gently, she pulled me into the house.
I didn't plan to leave anyway. I needed answers.

“Gina, Eli, come in for lunch” she said and tugged me in.

“I’ve already had my lunch. I have to head to practice” Elijah said.

“Suite yourself” she shrugged.

“I should be back by 10” he told her and dragged Regina along with him.

“My mom wants me home” Regina told Mrs Kings. “Eli, stop pulling me. I need to wear my shoe” she hissed at Elijah.

“Make yourself comfortable” Mrs Kings said and left me in the sitting room and headed towards the direction I think is the kitchen.

GG and Sophie came out with one tiny bowl each and ran upstairs.
“Take this upstairs for the girls” I heard Mrs Kings instruct someone.

A young woman walked out of the kitchen with two tall glasses of milk on a small tray.
“Good afternoon ma” she greeted politely and went upstairs.

Mrs Kings emerged from the kitchen with a wide tray containing two bowls and glasses of juice.
She set the tray on the small glass table beside me and handed the bowl to me.
“We’ll have this before lunch” she told me and sat down too with a bowl in hand.
“You look like something is bothering you” she observed me and popped a piece of cookie into her mouth.

“How long have you known my mom?” I asked. The question would seem random but it wasn't.

A big smile animated her face, “I can't really tell exactly how many years until I do a little Math. We met on our first day in secondary school and have been inseparable since then”

“Then you must know the circumstances surrounding my birth”

Her smile slipped. “Umm.. I ... Yeah” she answered awkwardly.

“Tell me about it”

“It’s not my place to tell you that Rhys. Just ask your mom and she might tell you”

“Might” I rolled my eyes.
Mom would never tell. “I’m guessing you know my father then”

Her eyes widened slightly. “What’s this about, Rhys?” she was almost pleading.

“You know what he looks like don't you” I asked again.

“Are you thinking of finding him?” she asked me ridiculously.

“I met him today” I stated.

“What?” she shot to her feet. “How? Where? What did he look like? It could be an imposter you know”

“I can only confirm that if you tell me the situation surrounding my birth. If the stories match then I know for sure it's him. I'll still know if you're lying”

Her face looked really troubled, “You should discuss this with your mom”

“We both know that's not going to happen”

“What do I do? It's not my place to tell you all about that”

“I know and I'm willing to find my answers elsewhere if you don't tell me the truth” I told her honestly.

She looked at me in surprise and sighed defeatedly. “Tell me first how he was able to find you”

*Earlier****
The final bell for the day rang and I was more than happy to leave school.
We had test to focus on today but no! The students of Graham High thought it would be better to stare at Rhys Davidson all day!
Gritting my teeth, I rushed out of the class ignoring Gold and Jake who were trying to call for my attention.

Watch where you're going whore” Brenda snapped at me.

“Excuse me?” I was surprised.
Since when did the word ‘whore’ get linked with me?

“You heard me” she maintained her stance.

“Brenda!” Bishop was standing beside me before I knew it, “Be careful what you say to her”

She cackled, “Are you now threatening your senior?”

“Yes”

“For her?” she gave me a dirty look.

“Yes”

“She has you wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she? Now I see how much of a wh_”

“Call her that one more time and see what happens to your little secret” Bishop threatened.

“Are you threatening me? You know I'm not scared of you right?” she glared at him.

“I know” he folded his arms.

She flipped her hair and walked away.

“Thank you”

“Stay safe” he patted my shoulder and went back to class.

I walked outside only to see that Dan hadn't arrived yet, which was very unlike him. I stood there waiting when a black IVM jeep parked in front of me completely obstructing my view.
I took a few steps away from the car when I heard my name.
“Primrose”

I quickly turned around in surprise. Not many people knew that name.

A man was sitting in the back seat of the jeep and the window was rolled down. He seemed to be in his late thirties or so, I'm not sure.

“C_can I help you?” I stuttered not making any attempt to move closer to him. He did not look familiar to me at all.

He stared at me in awe. He stepped out of the car and hugged me. “You’ve grown so big”

I was starting to get very scared. I stepped back and created more space between us. “Excuse me do I know you?” I looked at him curiously.

“I’m sorry to creep you out like that. I'm Segun Davidson” he extended his hand for a handshake.

Davidson?
Well Davidson is quite a common name so I shouldn't be worried about anything right?
I looked at his hand and his face then his hand and his face again.

He sighed and put his hand inside his pocket. “Can you come inside?” He nodded to his head towards his car.

“Mommy taught me never to hang around strangers” I said plainly and turned around to leave.

“Where are you going?” he followed me.

“Home”

“Dan isn't coming”

“What?” I almost had a whiplash with the amount of force I used to turn around. “Who are you?”

“Your father” he said looking me straight in the eye.

My mouth hung open. Slowly I got out of the shock and composed myself. “I don't believe you” I eyed him to see if I could find any resemblance between the two of us.

“How do I prove it?” he muttered to himself and racked his head for answers. Suddenly his eyes glimmered with excitement,“You have this birth mark on your left side just on your waistline” he lifted his tucked in dress shirt around the area he just described and showed me an identical mark I had.
“You had this mole on the right side of your neck. Your mom used to be so worried about it that she doubted it was just a mole. She must have got it removed eventually” he had a small smile as he recollected the far away memory.

My hand subconsciously touched the area the mole used to be. All that was left of it was a scar which was covered by a tattoo.

Do you now believe me now?”

I was still in shock but I nodded anyway.

“You must have questions”

I stared at him without uttering a word. I couldn't think straight or properly process everything.

“I’m sure your mom must have told you a lot of nasty stuff about me”

Infact she has never mentioned you. But I didn't tell him that.
“Where’s Dan?” I asked instead.

He looked surprised by my question. “I stalled him” he replied calmly.

Great.
I turned around and left him immediately.
Dan arrived just in time and I couldn't be more grateful for his timing.

~
“Did you ask him how he found you?” Mrs Kings asked.

“Has mom been hiding me from him?” I asked and her lips were sealed shut.

“Talk to your mom about this or I will” she deadpanned.

I remained silent for a while.

She sighed and came closer holding my hands in hers, “He left you and your mom when you were little. I don't know why he's back but I know it can't be for anything good”

“Why do you say that?”

“Just talk to your mother first”

“She won't talk”

“Bring the matter up and give her time. Eventually she'll have to say something to you”

Gosh! Too many plot twists in my life.
Nancy.
Abel.
Blaise.
Elijah.
Justin.
And now digging my mom's past with Mr Segun Davidson aka my long lost sperm donor.
No way am I calling a stranger my father.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

HOTHEAD Von YA_fanatic24

Jugendliteratur

288 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...
78.2K 11.5K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
35.3K 7.6K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...
1.4K 411 29
Rachael is a shy and reserved teen who has everything money can afford, but desperately wants her mum to pay her more attention. Vincent is a schola...