The First Female Alpha

By Irisv0731

"Alpha Lightwood will be joining us this meeting." Gasps and mutters of disagreement were heard all around th... More

Meet the Characters
Werewolf Knowledge
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Brielle's Early Years
Chapter 2- Before Tragedy Struck
Chapter 3 - Finding Mate
Chapter 4 - Tragedy Struck
Chapter 5 - Facing the Truth
Chapter 6 - In Loving Memory
Chapter 7 - Ascending
Chapter 8 - "I'm a what?!"
Chapter 9 - Pack Meeting
Chapter 11 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Two
Chapter 12 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Three
Chapter 13 - Reunions
Chapter 14 - Explanations
Chapter 15 - Rough Morning
Chapter 16 - Meeting Re-Do
Chapter 17 - More Explanations
Chapter 18 - "I could've killed you!"
Chapter 19 - Heading Back Home
Chapter 20 - The Files
Chapter 21 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22 - Initiation
Chapter 23 - Bad News
Chapter 24 - Rogues
Chapter 25 - Apologies & Phone Calls
Chapter 26 - Change of Plans
Chapter 27 - Not Possible
Chapter 28 - Not Again
Chapter 29 - Change of Plans, Again
Chapter 30 - Make Up Your Mind
Chapter 31 - Eclipse Pack

Chapter 10 - The Alpha Meeting: Part One

439 8 0
By Irisv0731

*Brielle's POV*

"Bri, please reconsider this decision, I believe you're making a big mistake. Your parents hid you away for a reason," Tyler insisted as we entered my office, causing me to let out a warning growl at his disrespect.

"Tyler you are my best friend, but I am still your Alpha," I stated.

"You're right I'm sorry Alpha," Tyler bowed, "But please think it  over again. This is coming as your best friend and Beta."

"I know you mean well, but my decision is final. And please refrain from mentioning my parents in my presence again, especially if it revolves around this stupid legend," I bit out.

"Right, sorry again. With your permission, I'll take my leave," Tyler bowed before exiting my office.

'You didn't have to be so curt with him,' Freya voices.

'It wasn't my intention, but things need to change.'

'What kind of things?'

'Things within me. I need to stop taking action based on my emotions instead of my logic. We can't afford to go on another killing spree, not when the consequences are too high. I fear if it were to happen again, we won't be the only ones affected.'

'Is this about what Mother said to you regarding your path?'

'Yes, mainly, but it also has to do with what she said regarding our so called Mate,' I muttered, causing Freya to wince at the reminder of our rejection.

'She did say everything will fall into place. We just need to trust in Mother.'

'Easier said than done.'

'Just promise me you won't shut down again. Our pack needs us, they need the strong Alpha I know we can be.'

'Only if you promise to never shut me out again. If we don't keep our communication, we won't be as one and that is what causes us to unhinge.'

'I promise,' we declare in sync.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

(Morning of the Alpha meeting)

'Alpha, we are all packed and ready to go,' Adrian linked.

'Thank you Adrian,' I replied before cutting the link.

"Are you sure you still want to do this? You still have time to back out."

Once again, Tyler voiced his disagreement with my decision to come out of hiding. I could feel Freya start to get hostile. She feels as if Tyler doesn't trust us as his Alpha to make decisions.

"Tyler, this is the last time I want to have this discussion with you. My decision is final. Are you questioning my capability as Alpha?" I couldn't help the slight growl from Freya slipping into my tone.

"Of course not Bri! You know I'll always be loyal to you. I just don't want us to possibly have to bury another Alpha in such a short time span."

"I understand, but this is something that needs to be done. I know the risk and I'm willing to go through with it. If I don't, the outcome will be much worse."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Thank you. Now let's go and get this over with."

We both make our way downstairs where the five black SUVs are packed and loaded. Four of them are filled with our pack warriors. The last one will be transporting my Beta, Delta, two pack warriors and myself. Tyler's dad, Max, will be staying behind to look after the rest of the pack.

"We are all set to venture out to the Crescent Pack," Adrian informs.

"The Crescent Pack? I thought the meeting was being held at the Eclipse Pack?" Max asked, who had came out to see us off.

"It was originally, but there was a recent attack on their pack, so they had to move the meeting for safety precautions. Alpha Mason offered his pack grounds for the meeting. All Alphas agreed with the change in location," Tyler filled him in.

"Rogue attack?" Max suggests.

"We suspect so, but it will be discussed during the meeting. I think this is another attack from the Rogue Alpha," I supply.

"Why would the Rogue Alpha attack the Eclipse pack?" Tyler asks.

"He probably already caught wind of my relation to the Alpha," I reply.

"What relation? I'm not aware of any blood or nonblood ties to that pack. Your father never made any deals with that pack, for obvious reasons," Max states.

"Well, umm the current Alpha is sort of my Mate," I reply sheepishly as I feel heat rush from my neck to my cheeks.

"Oh well that ma- what?!" Tyler chokes out in shock. "When did this happen and what do you mean sort of mate??"

"We met at the Alpha meeting three years ago. I said sort of because well... umm well.. he rejected me," I reply feeling embarrassed.

"Why the fuck would he reject you?! When I get my hands on that little prick I-"

"You will do nothing," Max interrupts Tyler's rant. "Unfortunately, he is now Alpha of the Eclipse Pack and this will only start a battle we can't afford with everything going on."

"But-"

"But nothing. Your dad is right Ty. We have to pick and choose our battles, and this one is just not worth it," I cut in.

"I'd still like to kick his ass though," Tyler growls out.

"I can agree on that," Max joins.

"There is no need. It's been years. I'm over it. There are far more important things at hand, so we should get a move on. We have a three hour drive to the Crescent Pack," I advise everyone.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Tyler asked, a look of betrayal swirling in his eyes.

"I didn't tell you because with everything that happened after, it slipped my mind."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry. You're better off without the prick anyway."

'According to Mother, the mate situation is important,' Frey comments.

'I know, but I don't need my pack dwelling on it right now. She also said that everything well fall in place, so I'm leading with that.'

'You do realize we may run into him at this meeting right?' Freya mentions.

'Yes, I am aware, but unlike last time, I will no longer be hiding who I truly am. At our last encounter, he viewed us as weak and I had to play along, but never again. This time around he will being meeting Brielle Lightwood, the Blood Alpha.'

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

(3 Hours Later)

All five SUVs roll into the Crescent Pack territory after being let in by border patrol. As soon as we came to a complete stop, Tyler bolted out of his seat and out of the car.

"Ugh finally! My legs were cramping up. I don't get why I couldn't sit up front and Adrian in the back. I have longer legs than him! And being squished back there made me press into my bladder and I have been needing to pee so bad, but someone didn't want to stop," Tyler ranted, narrowing his eyes at me.

Adrian and the two warriors that traveled with us gave me a weary look before glancing back to Tyler. I knew that look very well. Those who didn't know Tyler very well, questioned his capability as my Beta. Tyler came off as too playful and immature, but I knew I had the right person as my Beta. When it matters most, Tyler can get into Beta mode, quite a drastic change from how he is normally. I ignore their glances and turn to face Tyler who is still glaring at me.

"You have 5 minutes to head to the bathroom and meet us in the conference room," I tell him.

"5 minutes to do all that?! What if my little guy is shy and I can't pee right away and it takes me more than the 5 minutes?" I give him a pointed look, causing him to chuckle nervously. "5 minutes, got it. That's plenty of time, thank you."

With that he sprinted in the direction of what I assume is the bathroom. I grab the duffle bag I brought with me that carries an extra set of clothing and other necessities just in case of an emergency shift. Just as we were about to make our way in the direction Tyler went, an intoxicating smell hit my senses. It was a familiar scent, one that I haven't smelt in 3 years.

'I told you we would run into him,' Freya chimes in.

I ignore her comment. I knew we would run into him, but I didn't think it was going to be so soon. We literally just got here and fate was already playing its wicked games. I could sense my warriors tense up as they straighten up and move in closer to me. I almost forgot they were present when I revealed he was the mate who had rejected me. Through our bond, I could feel their anger and need to protect me from him.

'We really got lucky in the pack department,' Freya declares with pride.

'We really did,' I agree, feeling equally proud.

"Well, well well. Didn't think I would be seeing you again. I must say this is a very unpleasant surprise," came the aggravating voice of my mate.

"Hello Alpha Miller," I greet in a flat tone.

"What are you doing here at yet another Alpha meeting? What, still in search for some lonely, desperate fool to take you as his mate?" he asked with a sinister smirk.

I stayed silent, staring at him blankly. I could feel my warriors grow uneasy. They didn't like the disrespect aimed at their Alpha.

'Don't react. I got this,' I link to them. I could sense their hesitation, but remained where they were.

"What cat got your tongue?" he snickered. "You know, I am surprised to see you here. I expected you to be dead and 6 feet under by now. No one survives a rejection, especially when it comes from an Alpha to someone as weak as you," he continues when I didn't reply.

'What happened to not showing weakness in front of him again?' Freya questioned angrily.

'Patience. He'll get the shock of his life soon. There is no need to entertain his childness behavior. I truly fear for the future of his pack. I have to say I'm quite glad he rejected us.'

'Oooh, I like your thinking. You do know though, that the rejection isn't complete until you accept it?' Freya informs.

'Yes, I know. We will do that in due time.'

"What's going on here?" Tyler's voice sounds from behind me.

"Ah, Beta Bennett, a pleasure to see you again," Alpha Miller states, going in for a handshake.

Tyler didn't bother with formalities as he came around to stand to my right. My warriors, sensing their Beta's hostility, moved in closer to surround us. Tyler stared at Alpha Miller with narrowed eyes, before glancing in my direction.

"Are you ok?" he asked, his face lined with concern.

Before I could reply, Alpha Miller opens his idiotic mouth, causing Tyler to tense up even more than he already was.

"What did you say?" Tyler bites out, baring his canines.

"Whoa calm down their wolfie. All I said was that there is no need for someone of your rank to worry about the low ranking, useless wolves. I'm sure you have far more important things to worry about, like this meeting for instance," Alpha Miller remarked.

"Why you little sh-"

"That's enough Tyler," I demand.

"Sorry, Alpha," Tyler mutters as he resumes his stance to my right.

Alpha Miller was to preoccupied feeling smug, that he didn't catch what Tyler said.

"Ah, I see. So this is the wolf you decided to trap. I'm impressed you got a high ranking wolf, nicely played," Alpha Miller continued in his irritating voice.

'Really, this is the wolf Mother had planned for us?' Freya asks in bewilderment.

'Don't Tyler,' I warn in the link before he could pounce on him. 'He's not worth it.'

"Any way, is your little Alpha going to finally show his face at one of these meeting, or are you going to continue picking up his load?"

'Does this guy ever know when to shut up?' Adrian mutters in the link, causing all of us to snicker.

"Alpha, the meeting is just about to start, we should head to the conference room," a young guy stated to Alpha Miller. I'm assuming that's his Beta.

"Right. Any way, it was nice seeing you all, but duty calls," he says before turning around and following his Beta.

"Good riddance. Aren't you glad you don't have to be mated to him anymore?" Tyler asks.

"Definitely. We should start making our way over as well," I declare.

Due to Alpha Millers unpleasant run in, we were a running a little late for the meeting. Just before we can enter, Tyler tugged me back.

"Are you still sure you want to go through with this Bri? You have time to back out right now," Tyler asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yes I'm sure," I assure. "Okay, Tyler, Adrian and you two will be heading in with me," I state, pointing at the two warriors who rode here with us. "The rest of you will stay watch out here. With these recent rogue attacks, we need to stay alert."

"Yes, Alpha," they all reply.

*Third Person POV*

All Alphas from neighboring packs were filing into the conference room for their monthly meeting. Every month, the Alphas and Betas of every pack gather together to discuss pack business that involve every pack present. This month the meeting is being held at Alpha Mason's territory. This meeting was going to be about the recent rogue attacks that have resurfaced after 3 years of no activity. The attacks have gotten much worse and need immediate attention and a solution.

"Ok well it looks like everyone is present Alpha Mason, the meeting can begin," Beta Lee stated.

"Actually, we are still waiting on one more Alpha to show up," Alpha Mason replied with a knowing smile.

Beta Lee along with everyone else glanced around the room wondering who was missing as it seemed everyone was present.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but who are we missing? All Alphas and Betas are here already," Beta Lee questioned.

"Alpha Gray will be joining us this meeting," Alpha Mason announced.

Gasps and mutters of disagreement were heard all around the conference room. There was fear in every pair of eyes in the room even those of the Alphas.

"Why is everyone so frightened of him?" Beta Trent asked Beta Isaiah, who was seated beside him.

"You haven't heard the tales? They say he leaves trails of death wherever he goes," said Beta Isaiah.

"He can't possibly be worse than Alpha Pierce," Beta Trent said unsurely and very quietly in fear to be heard by said Alpha.

"Well, they don't call him the Blood Alpha for no reason," replied Beta Isaiah.

*Brielle's POV*

I couldn't help the sinister smile from creeping upon my face at that comment. I'm glad they fear me, as bad as that may sound. I'd only be concerned if my own pack held such feelings towards me.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Tyler questions in alarm.

"Just, the conversations in there are hilarious," I reply.

"You can hear them?"

"Umm yeah? Can't you?"

"No. The conference room is sound proof. No wolf or even Alphas can hear from the outside in vise versa," Tyler informs with a puzzled look.

"Must be part of the Goddess gene," I reply simply. "Now, let's go in there and get this meeting over with."

"And there they are," Alpha Mason states as we enter the conference room.

Everyone's head snaps in our direction as we make our way to our designated seats. I take the seat meant for the Alpha while Tyler takes the seat to my right. Adrian and my two warriors stand along the wall behind me.

"What the hell is she doing in here?! This meeting is for Alphas and their Betas only," comes Alpha Miller's pesky voice.

"That is exactly why she is here," Alpha Mason responds causing everyone to look at him with perplexment.

"What are you on about old man?" Alpha Millers demands, causing his Beta to release a warning growl at the disrespect.

"It's alright Devin. Everyone, I would like you all to formally meet the alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Alpha Gray, or as most of you know, the Blood Alpha."

Gasps rung out through the room as they all look at me with shock and fear. I return their looks with a calm, cold gaze. For once in my life, I unveil my full aura as I feel everyone cower away. Some fight it, but eventually they can't help the pull and submit, barring their necks to me.

'Finally,' Freya's voice chimes in.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Sorry for taking forever with updates! I've been really busy with work and moving, but i promise to do better!

I've introduced new characters so here is the cast, but again, you can picture them however you'd like.

If you guys are enjoying the story so far please vote and comment. Your support means the world to me. 💛

New cast list:

Adrian Lopez
* 21 Years old.
* Delta of the Blood Moon Pack.

Levi Mason
* 48 years old.
* Alpha of the Crescent Pack.

Devin Lee
* 23 years old.
* Beta of the Crescent Pack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 15.6K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...
3.2M 92K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
803 5 48
Claire always dreamt on having a normal life but never had one. She grew up in a small town but moved to a city when she was ten with her stepmom and...
29.7K 510 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...