Shoot Me Already!

By keytoyourheart

Autumn Wood grew up on the run after her parents were shot by a Mafia boss, leaving her with her over protect... More

Shoot Me Already!
Revenge could be sweet.
The Ejector Seat Please?
Royally Red Telephone Box.
Tingles.
One Way Ticket to an Asylum, Please?

Escape and Capture.

52 2 0
By keytoyourheart

The drone of my unhappy alarm wakes me up causing me to have to begin the new day. Groaning I shove my purple duvet down my bed and stand up yawning. I pace over to my wooden wardrobe and fling it open pulling out a pair of skinny green jeans, a tank top and a black hoodie to shove on top. Comfort before fashion is my motto.

After showering slowly and changing into my comfort clothes I grab my shoulder length black bag and head downstairs stopping quickly in our kitchen to grab some breakfast.  

'Hey Ally.' Ignoring Kim sitting on a bar stool who is in her usual grump I greet my aunt who is at the breakfast table and snatch up some buttered toast from my aunts plate knowing that she probably won't eat it. Kim mutters something under her breath and turns back to her non-existant breakfast. Kim stopped eating when she was like twelve.

'Hi Autumn,' my aunt smiles back at me looking up from the recipes in the paper breifly. She has already changed into her work clothes which consist of dark trousers and a white blouse and is getting ready to leave me and Kim alone any minute which is never a good thing.

'I'm off.' I say before she gets the chance to let us kill each other and head for the door not bothering with proper goodbyes because not only do I handle goodbyes badly but it's always been kind of awkward.

I jump down the steps leading up to our house swinging my bag behind me and breathe in a relieved breath. Our red door surrounded by four white windows gives it a cheery look when to me it's more like a prison, looking through the bottom window I can see Kim giving Ally an earful probably about how much she hates living with me. I make my way towards my bodyguard John's car which sits at the bottom of the steps every morning waiting for me and hop in the back slamming the door behind me. I mutter a hello to which John replys with an evil glare but it's the same evil glare he gives me every morning so nothing new there. It's not that John is evil or anything it's just that I make his job difficult and he has always wanted an easy life. I ignore the glare and stick my headphones in while texting Tully to make sure she's awake and headed the same way as me. She replys with a smiley face.

The car journey is about twenty minutes of utter boredom until we finally reach the over crowded parking lot where I jump out before the car has even stopped and begin walking towards the dark blue doors Six Park High School ignoring another death glare from John. He shouts after me something about seeing me when school's out. Yeah right.

The school is pretty ugly with it's dark coloured doors and tinted dirty windows and the discoloured brick work which has seen too many years. The school itself is quite big with over a thousand trouble some students. There is a football pitch over the other side of the road and a big parking lot out the front of the school with dingy alleys behind. The inside isn't much better having filthy paint and kicked in doors which are dieing to be replaced but there's not enough money floating around for that. Me and Kim come here because not only is it closest to home but if we were to up and move at any point no one would care, there would be no questions asked.

I nod to a few of my friends on my way in and ignore any glares from the many people I have pissed off in the past, the list being as long as my arm. Mostly Kim's friends and Kim. Oh and a few guys I have out right rejected. Lesson learned-let a guy down gently or injure his ego in front of his friends but I have to admit I do prefer the latter.

'Leaves!' As I reach my over stuffed locker I am tackled to the floor by the one and only Tallulah Harper also known as Tully and probably the only person on this earth that can take me by surprise. Oh and probably the only person I would ever allow to call me Leaves which she came up with when I first moved here a year and a half ago. 

'Tully get off!' I push at her skinny frame until she slumps off standing up straight while I clamber to my feet. She smiles and tilts her head to the side dramatically while rolling her green eyes catching her hair in the golden sunlight making it shine a rich coppery brown. Tully really is the definition of pretty. All cute and petite with silky smooth hair and long dark eyelashes. She's taller than me making her a perfect height and has long elegant fingers with perfect nails.

'So you going out tonight? Or are you caged up again?' She smirks and turns to her own locker beside mine pulling out her books and shoving them in her brown leather handbag clumsily. I grin back at her a plan forming in my mind. 'What?'

'I think we're on for tonight.' Picking up my  lightweight bag I open my locker and pull out a hunk of textbook, grimancing I shove the thick textbook in my bag and feel it's weight increase instantly. Turning to look at Tully who stares back at me with a questioning green eye I slip it on my shoulder without a wince. 'What yourself?'

'How? I thought you were like...you know...trapped?'

'I know I am...but if we can sneak past John then...?' I look at her mischevously but she doesn't return the look I have not seen for a while. When I first met Tully it was like I'd known her all my life and could recognise her every feeling. I definately haven't seen this look in a while.  

'Sorry Leaves I was kinda planning on going out with Dylan tonight...is that ok? Because I can cancel.' I sigh. Dylan and her have been going on 'dates' since the start of high school  or so she says but nothing has ever become of them well apart from some heavy cuddling if you know what I mean. We barely have any time to spend together outside of school because of my 'situation' which would explain the guilt she feels for abandoning me after school, she's normally right by my side.

'Fine just help me past John and I'll hang with Jess instead.' She screws her face up so she looks even more guilty and I understand straight away why. 'You can't help me past John either, can you?'

'Sorry Leaves, Dylan said he would pick me up at four so I need to go home and get ready.' She sighs in time with the ringing of the bell and we begin walking along the corridor trailing our bags behind us lazily.

'Looks like I'm on my own.' I try to smile not wanting her to feel to guilty but it probably looks more like a grimance. Tully normally distracts John so it's gonna be a harder escape than I first thought.    

During second period of Maths me and Tully start to plan my genius route out of the crowded parking lot without bumping into death glare John. He will check our usual exits and will probably post a minion at each exit so we have to find someplace we haven't been before. Tully suggested the back door out the canteen which is always left unattended because there is nothing worth stealing there anyway which I agreed to knowing John won't be quick to check there because it normally reeks.

We bumped into Dylan on the way to lunch and now he's sitting directly opposite me licking his fingers after filling his face with a greasy burger. Grimancing I shove my yummy chicken noodle soup into the trash completely put off eating for life. It's not that Dylan is fat because let me tell you he has the abs but talk about PIG. He thinks that because he has the body that gives him a license to behave like an absolute dog well quite frankly it's disgusting. But sadly Tully doesn't see past the abs to see the awful eating habits and manners that would put a cow to shame. Don't get me wrong she's not shallow but I think that's all their relationship is to them, physical.

'So you know who was talking about you the other day Autumn?' Dylan spits from the other side of the small canteen table showering me with his saliva. He calls me Autumn now after I kicked his butt for mentioning the 'L' word just because him and Tully are bed buddies does not mean I will ever be his friend. I seriously contemplate how rude it would be to hold a tray between us. 'Yeah he's really interested in taking you out.'

'Who?' Tully almost squeals but I shut her up with a dark look which causes her to shrug innocently. She knows I don't date because of my 'situation' I just don't have the energy to sneak out to see anyone but my friends and the guy's in this school aren't exactly worth getting grounded over.

'Andrew Clark, interested?' He teases wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Andrew Clark is like the school's biggest computer nerd of all time and has super rich parents but I have no idea why he would be the slightest bit interested in coming to this sixth class crap mountain. So naturally every girl on the ridge wants to spend him for all he's worth.

'I'll pass I'm not a gold digger.' Plastering on a fake smile I decide to leave Dylan and Tully alone seeing as playing the thrid wheel is never fun. 'I'm going for a walk guys, I'll see you in English Tully, I'll just not see you ever Dylan.'

'Yeah you too sweetheart.' Dylan blows me a kiss which I duck away from deliberately and moves even closer to Tully who looks pretty happy about it. I hope she knows what she's doing because if her and Dylan get much deeper I know there will be feelings involved and I know who will end up getting hurt.

I wander round the crowded school grounds aimlessly not in the mood to talk to any of my other friends for what feels like hours before I settle on a sunny spot beside the football pitch where I can watch the cars go by. I've never been good at naming a make of a car as I have no clue what to make of the symbols representing certain brands so I just go by colour. Playing with the grass at my feet I twirl it between my fingers lazily trying to find an alter world in the land of my imagination. I hear the bell ring in the distance and pick up my ever heavy bag heaving it onto my shoulder and beginning the long walk back. Then I notice a black car parked right up beside the green hedge of the pitch beside the road somewhere no one ever parks unless the parking lot is full because of a football game. But there are no games on today. I stare suspiciously at the car noticing no one is in it and trying desperately to squash my curiousity to go over and have a look. I can't take chances like that.

Walking back across the empty football field and over the road I don't turn to look at the car again until I'm outside the school doors. But when I turn around it's gone which makes me even more thankful I trusted my instincts.

'I'll see you later then Leaves.' Tully headed out the classroom as soon as the bell rang in a hurry to get ready to see Dylan leaving me to my escape mission alone. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through with it now anyway after seeing that strange car at lunch which totally creeped me out. I hadn't told Tully about it afraid that she would insist I go home with John which is the last thing I want to do really.

So with that decided I scurried out of class leaving Mr. Davidson my History teacher in his mouldy yellow classroom to his own devices. Taking the route upstairs along the top corridor and down the stairs to the canteen would be better if I wanted to avoid John not to mention Kim. Running along the top corridor I skidded down the stairs and ran through the deserted canteen doors and round the back. Looking around at all the various cooking supplies and utensils I cringed at the about of rubbish there seemed to be. Peelings and packets littered everywhere.

Noticing the huge white lettered sign that pointed to the exit I followed it coming to a huge door with a metal bar across it. I pushed the metal bar hard and felt the door give way opening to the dark alleyway behind the school where the deliveries of packeted food and junk were brought in. I know I'm fussy but I did grow up with a picky chef who would only stand for the best. Slamming the exit door behind me I made my way towards the daylight of the street and away from the canteen's smelly rubbish. 

As I pushed over another pile of black rubbish bags I felt a large hand clamp down over my mouth with force. Dropping my heavy bag I bit down on the tender skin of their hand and swung my right arm around and catching the attacker with an elbow to the head which made them drop their hand positioned over my mouth. Lifting up my trouser leg I pulled the knife which was always strapped to the inside of my calf and turned holding it in a defensive stance ready to fight if necessary. I looked down at the mysterious attacker and found John lying on the floor clutching his head in pain.

'John?' Looking down at him worriedly for a second -because he does have a family- I place the knife back into the strap on the inside of my leg and bend down beside him examining his head. He sat up still clutching his head and gave my the biggest evil glare he could muster. 'Are you okay?'

'Did you have to smack me in the head?' He asked before his eyes darted to something behind me. I turned quickly picking up my bag ready to bolt now I knew I hadn't killed John yet but saw nothing worth worrying about so I turned back to see a giant smirk playing on John's face. 'Bye.'

'Wh-'

When I finally woke up I was in my own bed wondering how on earth I got here seeing as the last thing I remember was smacking John a new one in the alleyway. He probably had one of his minions chloroform me, dammit their getting clever.

The whole room was in darkness so I flipped my lamp switch and got up to try the door first which of coarse was locked then I checked the nailed window over again which was tighter shut than ever. Is she ever gonna let me grow up or am I gonna be a prisoner forever? Because technically this is illegal.

And this is why I had a spare key made up when we first moved here, for a problem exactly like this particular one. Checking the time which read 11: 40pm I decided that I would go over to Jess' as her parties don't finish till the small hours even on weeknights.

I hide the key amongst my writing things as I know Ally or Kim would never touch my writing stuff or feel my wrath. Fishing it out I grab my bag emptying out any school books and jacket placing the key in the door I turn it gently opening it quietly careful not to disturb my aunt or cousin. I shut the door just as silently and turn the lock stowing the key away in my bag knowing I will need it for the next time I'm locked up. My aunt has never realised that I I have a key and ends up blaming it on her forgetfulness to lock doors. I would feel guilty but she is the one who locked me up in the first place.

Moving silently down the empty stairs through the darkness of the house I reach the bottom without so much as a squeak. Heading over to the door I turn the lock and let myself out thanking God my aunt's a heavy sleeper. I run down the steps to our house and put my jacket on looking left and right to make sure of my clean escape but on seeing no one I start walking up the deserted private road in the direction of Jess'. We live in a private neighbour hood thanks to all the money my parents left me along with my aunt's well paying job. It's quite quiet and secluded away from the noise of the city. Our house wouldn't be too bad either if I were allowed out whenever I wanted.

I know it's dangerous for me to be out because of what happened to my parents but surely they'd want me to have a life? But what about that car I saw today outside the football pitch, what if it was them? The people who want me.

I knock that thought away quickly and continue my walk to Jess'. I am just a normal teenage girl who is going out for a laugh with her friends. That's all.

Then I hear a shuffling come from behind me and I stop suddenly taking a defensive stance and turning slowly to an empty street lit by street lamps cursing myself for my utter stupidity. I turn back around to be greeted by a damp cloth clamping over my mouth.

Twice in one day, seriously? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1.3K 24
Basically, the sin of sloth got transported to the world of demons, reapers, and angles by her littler brother greed. Let's see how sloth have a new...
59.9K 1.4K 16
Captain Henry Donnager expected a quiet career babysitting a dusty relic in Area 51. But when a test unlocks a portal to a world of knights and magic...
27.6K 599 43
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
13.5K 314 16
An alternate Jason Uchiha timeline