Royally Red Telephone Box.

I watched Nate as he fueled up his car my forehead pressed against the window creating a mark where my breath fogged it up. Taking my finger I absentmindedly drew a heart which just so happened to also be around Nate. Taking the sleeve of my black hoodie I rubbed it off furiously glancing over at Nate who was looking in the opposite direction I sighed in relief, I really didn't need him getting any ideas. Ideas which I already had. Uggh...you know when you like someone but you have no idea why or how you could possibly like them? Especially since his Dad killed you parents? Well I think I'm getting THAT feeling...

Nate made his way back over to the car after abandoning the pump and unlocked the doors before hopping in. Because of course the doors would be locked because I'm so clearly NOT trusted. Well I'm about to show Nate just how untrustworthy I may be. Turning to him with my best puppy dog eyes and cute smile I fluttered my eyelashes before looking up at him but before I had a chance to ask my question he had to open his over sized gob.

'What's up with your face Red? You look like road kill.' He smirked before shoving the key in the ignition and giving it a quick turn. Now was my only chance and I'd be damned if I was letting it slip through my fingers.

'Whatever asshole, I need to piss so you either let me out or go find a bottle.' Abandoning the cute charade I scrunched my nose up at the last bit completely disgusted with the prospect of having to go in a bottle but sometimes the best way to get what you want is by getting to the not-so-sweet point.

'Fine, come on, but no funny business alright?' I nodded eagerly and reached for the now unlocked door ecstatic that I would finally have my chance of escape. And as soon as I'm home I'm gonna up my game, I'm thinking training everyday morning and night? Yeah that should do it.

Following Nate into the dingy fuel station/diner with it's small red worn tables, scuffed black and white checkered linoleum and dull browny yellow walls which could use a good lick of paint we made it round the back to the manky toilets me let my adrenaline run to the max feeling it pump through my veins as excited as I. He held the womens door open like a true gentleman and muttered two mintues then took up place beside the door awaiting my return. He'd have a really long wait.

As soon as the door was closed behind me I glanced closely at the two dirty yellow cubicles, once white grimy sinks, same checkered black and white floor with scuff marks and fading paint with a small over flowing black bin sitting in the corner before my gaze landed on a small window in between the cubicles and the sinks.

'Bingo.' I whispered under my breath advancing towards it queitly while grabbing the bin and flipping it upside down in the process scattering it's contents of tissues all over the floor uncaringly. I moved quick placing the bin below the window and climbing upon it inspecting the splintered white wood which lay around it. I was pretty positive I'd fit through it though it may involve a bit of a squeeze but right not a squeeze sounded pretty good compared to what was going to happen to me at that Mafia base.

'Hurry up Red we need to get going!' I heard Nate order from the other side of the thin red door. I almost had a heart attack when he spoke and stumbled on the bin but regained my balance quickly completely forgetting he was waiting for me, guarding me like a soldier.

'Two seconds almost done!' My palms began to sweat as I unscrewed the large hinge screws with a  fifty pence coin I found on the floor not at all bothered right now of the germs it no doubt holds and pulled off the outside hatch of the window chucking it to the toilet floor, I hauled myself up trying to make as little noise as possible. I stuck out both my arms and my head and pushed against the wall with my hands wriggling until my entire middle section hung out the window only my hips remaining inside. I gave one final tug and I flopped out hitting my head of the wall as my body flipped over and I found myself lying in a patch of mud surrounded by green trees.

Not wasting any time I pulled myself up and bolted in between them moving at a pace I didn't even imagine I was capable of. I just kept running acutely aware that Nate was hot on my trail I could almost hear his wild cursing. I ignored the nagging voice in my head to run back to him. Run back to him? I must be going seriously nuts...

After running for what felt like hours I came across a clearing where the endless vast greenery seperated and revealed a street with a road and houses along the far side. I grinned in absolute relief. Maybe this would all work out after all.

I followed the road carefully from the coverage of the trees not wanting to be spotted by Nate who would no doubt be hunting me like a wolf. A small shiver ran down my spine at the thought of being hunted by Nate...I suppose it wouldn't be tha- What the hell is wrong with me!? He's a Jones Autumn! A fricking Jones! They don't possess feelings!

But from the small outlets from Nate I have a suspicion that they do. Well at least Nate does. But I have to drop it, this whole crush thing will never work out for me and will only get me seriously hurt if not by Nate than by his welcoming family. Not that I'd have a chance with Nate anyway.

That's when I spied it. A old rickety royally red telephone box with smashed glass windows but a phone. My lifeline. Clutching the fifty pence in my pocket tightly with my hand curled around it for protection I made my way towards the box forgetting my immeadiate danger for just a second then cursing myself for my stupidity of coming out in the open. Slowly coming out of the trees cover and snaking my way over to my saviour I clutched the gold door handle taking one quick look around at the peaceful houses and slow passing trucks before sliding it open silently and slipping inside. 

Turning to the black rusty phone I checked for a dialing tone shoving it up to my ear I listened for the usual drone rejoicing when it chirped back faintly. I slipped in the fifty pence before punching in my aunt's phone number. She picked up on the first ring squealing my name down the phone. I smiled at her worried voice.

'Hello to you too Ally.' I replied happily but continued seroiusly. 'I know you have alot to say but I really don't have much time so listen; you need to trace this number and come get me before someone else does.'

'Right don't move we'll be there in like two minutes, ok?' Even my aunt could keep it cool when it really mattered and right now my life and future lay on the line. 'Get to a house or something and wait for us, ok?'   

'Got it I'll see you in two.' I had no idea where I was but from the length of time me and Nate spent driving on the motorway for I knew it'd be longer than two minutes, a lot longer. I was about to hang up when Ally caught my attention again.

'Oh and Autumn?'

'Hmm?'

'I love you.'

Then I heard that familiar sound of a dead line. I sighed. Me and my aunt had one wacky relationship.

I clamped the beaten phone back down on the hook and colected my change for the till at the bottom shoving it in the back pocket of my green skinny's unsure if I'd need it later or not. Pulling my forgotten hood up over my head and tucking away any stray ginger hair I turned placing my small hand on the cold door handle and pushing it open slowly, looking left and right hesitantly I made my way out back into the cover of the trees. Noticing my undone lace on my converse I knelt down and quickly shoved it in my shoe but not quick enough. When I looked up I came face to face with a very pissed off looking Nate who grabbed hold of my upper arms tightly and this time I knew I'd had my chance.

He was never letting go.