My Boss

By Seventeen_AJ

Cara Greene, who planned everything in her life met Alexandra Williams, her Boss who was exactly opposite of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69

20

16.5K 496 72
By Seventeen_AJ

I didn't want to end the kiss but we needed air. 

Am I really falling for her?

"Are you still mad?" I asked her while I pull myself away.

"Where were you the whole afternoon?" She leaned her back on her swivel chair and cross her arms in her chest.

"What do you mean? I was here in the office the whole day." 

"I step out of my office I think around 3 in the afternoon and you were not in your seat, again at 03:30 and then again at 4. Oh wait, even till 04:30, you were not in your seat, so yeah Cara, You were not in the office the whole day." I could sense a bit of anger in her voice which made me feel nervous.

She was checking on me?

"I was... I was with David and the other interns the whole afternoon." Why do I need to stutter? That will make her believe me, idiot!

"Oh yeah? Are you sure about that, Cara? And you were not with Brian?" 

"Why would I be with Brian the whole afternoon, Alex?" I recovered quickly and was a bit annoyed at the insinuation.

"I don't know, maybe to hug him more! Or maybe kiss him this time!" Her voice is full of mockery and disgust.

I started feeling upset by what she said. 

"Is that what you think I do whenever I was with Brian?" 

"Ohh, so you're admitting that you were with him today!"

"That's not what I said, Alex. Don't toy with my words." I know she could hear the anger in my voice, I intended her to.

"Well, you just said..."

"No, I did not." I cut her off. My voice rose a little as I am really annoyed with her and couldn't hide it.

And I continue.

"You know what, I came here to check on you and see maybe you wanted to go home together but, never mind! I don't think I would even want to be with you right now!" I walked out of her room angry and thrashing.

"Cara!" I heard her yell out my name but I ignored her and didn't even look back.

I know she cannot follow me because she's still limping. But still, I quickened my steps wanting to get out of this building.

I don't think I have ever been this angry. Alex can push my buttons with just one snap and I'd be losing it.

She's so impossible. Is that what she thinks of me? Because I shared kisses with her, she thinks I do that with everybody. Is she kidding me?

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator my phone rang, the caller ID says it was Alex. I declined the call and turned off my phone.

Now she will call me? The nerve!

I drove off and didn't look back.

I remember Brian's party. I wanted to cancel but Claire and the girls already know I'm coming. They would probably call me and worry if they would not be able to reach me.

I'll call them on my land phone at home.

I reached my apartment and threw myself in the Shower. 

How dare her accused me of things!

I stayed in the shower for more than half an hour, I needed it to cool myself down. I don't want to go to the party in an upset mood. Claire would definitely know something was up and I'm not ready to tell her about Alex.

When I finished, I grabbed the phone and brought it to my room, and called Claire and the others, I lied to them that I left my mobile phone in the office and didn't have the time to get it back.

I curled the half bottom of my hair and let it loose. I applied light makeup and picked a mustard-yellow backless plunge neck dress that reaches before my knee and wore it with a black suede sandal. I chose my black sling bag that only a card wallet and phone will fit. Anyways, I'm not bringing my mobile phone so it was perfect.

I took a final glance at the mirror before throwing a coat over me.

Claire insisted on picking me up since my apartment is on her way which I was glad of, I am lazy to drive in the evening.

I went down and waited for Claire to arrive, the party started at 7 in the evening but we decided to come late.

It is now 07:30, I saw Claire's car pulling over in front of me. I opened the passenger seat and climbed into her car.

"Wow! How are you looking so gorgeous without even trying? So unfair." Claire flinched before driving off.

I let out a soft laugh. I know her too well not to take it seriously.

"Hello to you too." I greeted her back.

"So... It's been weeks since we talked." Claire said without even looking at my side.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"So how are you and Brian?" She threw me a quick glance this time.

"Well, nothing to tell, really. We work together and technically my Boss now, though I don't work with him directly, we share a floor."

Claire fell silent. It was like she was thinking before speaking up which is weird because if I know her, she would be blurting out things without thinking.

"Something wrong, Claire?" I asked her.

She still didn't say a word.

"Oh come on!" I told her impatiently.

"Well, you didn't talk to me for weeks, Cara..." She's pouting.

"I should be hearing from you rather than from Brian." 

"Brian is texting you?"

"That's not the point."

I sighed.

"Ok, you're right. I'm sorry. I guess, I was just busy. I'm an intern, I don't have a specific workflow so every day, it was different work."

She looked at my side for a couple of seconds before directing her eyes to the road.

"So, still feeling nothing about Brian?" 

It was my time to look at her side, her eyes were still on the road.

"No." I took my gaze back and refocus on the road as well. Claire nodded at what I said.

"How about Alexandra Williams?" 

Dumbfounded at what I heard, Immediately my head turned to her again. It was so fast that I think I felt dizzy for a second.

"Wh-What?" I saw Claire's corner lips twitch a little but still not glancing at my side.

I felt the car suddenly stop. I look at our surroundings and saw that we were already parked on the side of the road. I didn't even notice that we were here already even though the area was booming with music. It was indeed a party.

Claire was about to climb down the car, I grabbed her arm and pull her inside which earned a surprised look from her.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Cara, it's okay if you want to be a lesbian, I still accept you." She smilingly joked before trying to let herself free from my grip.

"What did Brian tell you?" Claire saw my serious expression and it made her stop and looked straight into my eyes.

"He didn't say anything..."

"If he didn't say anything, how did you know about Alex?" I cut her off. My irritation grew knowing Brian was telling things to Claire about me and Alex. But what did he know exactly?

"Will you let me finish, woman?" I nodded at her and removed my hand from her arm.

"He didn't say anything about you and Alex, he just mentioned that he noticed you were spending time with her, and apparently becoming close." She stopped for a couple of seconds before continuing.

"I know you, you don't let new people be close to you. You are very focused. At first, I was like, okay, you were making friends and that friend was your Boss, which is fine, but then, when I mentioned her name to you, you become aggressive and your eyes honey, are so defensive even if I didn't say anything yet." 

I was taking it all in when she spoke again.

"Look, I had my suspicions, like I said, I know you. When Brian mentioned her name a couple of times I knew something was up and you just confirmed it. You don't have to tell me anything if you are not ready yet, but I want you to know that I'm here, and it's okay."

I almost teared up hearing what Claire said. But she's right, I'm not ready yet.

I nodded at her and we both got out of the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 965 32
(OFFICIAL WATTPAD FANFIC as announced by verified Fanfic Wattpad account) (HIGHEST RANK #3 #caradelevingne - May 2020) Samantha Williams is an introv...
Famous By Dawn

General Fiction

15.8K 370 35
A story about the famous Alex Blackwood, gorgeous, millionaire and yet broken hearted girl who turned bad. Now she's single, everyone is hustling to...
148K 3.5K 20
Cassandra - I've gone through life's ups and downs because of you. I've felt how crazy love can be with you. But I just can't get you off my mind. Yo...
255K 8.4K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...