Jezebel |h.s|

By latenightgab

Harry had it all. Money, power, and the freedom of being a bachelor. Isabella was struggling to make ends mee... More

Jezebel
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight

Six

5.4K 261 60
By latenightgab

Harry

A smile comes across my face as Ottie runs into my room, still dressed in her dance clothes. I tried to get her to change once we got home, but she loves running around the house in her little leotard and legwarmers. She even went as far as putting her ballet slippers back on as soon as we got home.

"Where are you going daddy?" She asks, tilting her head to the side as she leans against the bed. She was confused before when we got back from dance and Melissa was here since she usually has the weekends off.

"Well, it's uncle Warren's birthday and so I'm going to his birthday party." I explain as I finish putting my rings on.

"Can I come?! I love birthdays!"

I scrunch my nose before squatting down to her level. "His party isn't for kids, love. Plus, it's almost bedtime. Miss Mel is gonna get you in the bath soon and maybe if you're good she'll let you watch a movie."

She nods, reaching forward to play with my cross necklace. "Okay daddy. When will you be back?"

"Probably late, you'll already be sleeping. But I'll be here when you wake up, I promise."

"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?" She gives me those sweet little puppy eyes she's mastered and of course my heart melts.

"I'll tell Miss Mel to let you sleep in my bed." She smiles and I can't help but shake my head. "Come on, I have to get going."

Even though Warren offered to have his sister babysit for the night, I felt more comfortable having Melissa stay with Ottie. It's not that I don't trust Claudia, because I do and she's like family. She just doesn't know Ottilie the way that Mel does. So when Melissa said she was available to watch Ottie, I knew there was no excuse for me not to go tonight.

I can't lie, I'm nervous about going out for the night. Going out in New York City is a whole lot different than going out back home in Manchester. I don't want to be away from her, but I know it's also unrealistic to be attached at the hip all the time. We have to start somewhere and I guess we're starting with me going to a strip club.

I'm not even a big fan of strip clubs to begin with, which I almost used as an excuse to get out of going. I've been to a couple in my life, mainly when I was in my early twenties. Usually by the end of the night I feel gross and like I just objectified a bunch of women. I know they're just doing their jobs and of course sex workers are valid, it's just not something I was ever super comfortable with.

Of course, I love sex. After Adriana left I had a lot of casual sex and I think it's healthy to do so. And in my life I've paid for sex maybe a handful of times, but there's something about going to a strip club that just makes me feel dirty. Maybe it's just the reputation that guys who go to strip clubs are pervs. Because I do have the utmost respect for women and their bodies, but maybe now I'm thinking too far into it.

It's just a strip club, Harry. There are probably hundreds in this city alone. It's not that big of a deal.

Hand in hand, Ottilie and I walk out of my room and to the living room. Before Melissa got here I made dinner and ate with Ottie just so she had less work to do. She always tells me that I pay her too much given the fact that I always try to do things for her, but I disagree. She does so much for Ottie and I would pay her double what she makes. I'm just Ottie's dad and I want to be there for her. I don't want to be that dad that throws his kid to the nanny to raise.

Ottilie runs to her dolls on the couch and I head over to the kitchen where Melissa is cleaning off her own dinner plate that I left. "Good?"

"It was great, Harry. Thank you. You're heading out now?"

"Yep. I should be home a little after two, but if you need me home earlier I will come." Secretly I'm hoping she calls me home early so I don't have to stay out.

But in typical Melissa fashion, she just shakes her head. "We'll be fine. You have a good time."

"I could bathe her if you ne-"

"Harry. Go. She will be perfectly fine and most importantly, you will be fine. Stop procrastinating and go."

I sigh, pressing my lips together as I try to rack my brain for any other excuses to stay but I know that there's no coming up with excuses when it comes to Melissa. "Fine. Oh, I told her she could sleep in my bed tonight."

"Alright, I will remember that. Though I'm sure she won't let me forget." We both laugh at how Ottie never forgets.

"Let me go say goodnight to her and then I'll get out of your hair." With a sigh, I walk over to my daughter. "Hey Otter, I'm gonna head out now."

Ottie drops everything and runs around the couch to come give me a hug, not waiting for an invitation. I pick her up right away, hugging her close with a kiss on the head. "Bye daddy, I'll miss you!"

"Oh, I'll miss you more, love. I'll see you when I get home okay?" She nods, holding onto my neck with her tiny little arms. "I love you so much, Ottilie."

"I love you too so much daddy." She whispers, kissing my cheek. With one more kiss goodbye and tight squeeze, I put her down.

Before I leave I make sure I have my wallet, phone and keys. Melissa and Ottie already wandered off to another spot in the apartment, most likely to get started on bathtime, which leaves me no choice but to leave.

Downstairs, my driver is waiting. All the guys are meeting at Warren's apartment and then we're walking to the club since his apartment is pretty close. I already gave my driver the address to the club since he's picking me up at two whether the guys like it or not.

The drive downtown isn't bad, especially since most of the rush hour traffic is long gone by now and all the tourists are either in their Broadway shows or having a late dinner. Warren's apartment is in Tribeca and even though I kind of settled down uptown, I do really like this area too. When I first moved to New York, I lived in the East Village for a few years in a small one bedroom apartment and I considered selling my uptown apartment to move back downtown, but ultimately I decided that it was better to live closer to work at least for now. We can always move somewhere else in Manhattan if the opportunity presents itself.

I thank my driver before getting out of the car at Warren's. And just my luck, all the guys seem to be waiting for me outside. Warren walks over with a big smile, patting my back. "Glad to see you found your way out of the house!"

"Yeah, yeah. Happy birthday. Let's go before I change my mind." I pat his back too before going to say hi to the other guys that are there. Some I recognize from around the office but some are also just Warren's friends.

I stick to myself for most of the walk to this club. At some point I'm handed a cigarette and usually I don't smoke but I figured that it would get my mind off of what Ottilie was up to and if they were okay. Melissa already texted me that they were watching a movie, but I just get nervous when it comes to Ottie.

Warren slows to join me behind everyone else, "You good?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Ottie didn't even care. She was more upset that you didn't invite her."

He chuckles. "Well I'll have to have a special party just for Ottie then. Did you guys have a good day though?"

I nod, "We went to the Central Park Zoo this morning and then she had dance class at four so she had a packed day. I'm sure she'll be asleep in the next few minutes if she isn't already."

We both chuckle, and he raises his eyebrows while I take a drag from my cigarette. "What ever happened with that dance teacher? I remember you saying something about her."

"All I said was that Ottie's dance teacher was attractive, but she's teaching my daughter. I don't think anything will happen. Plus she doesn't seem too... interested..."

"So you have made a move?"

With a shrug, I toss the rest of my cigarette to the ground since I'm bored of it. "Not really. I don't know, I think moving back here I've lost my groove..."

"Your groove?" He teases, almost bursting into laughter.

"I don't know! I think I'm just way too worried about Ottie to focus on dating. Back home I had mum and Gem and all my other family members that I trusted to be with her. Now it's just me and I'm constantly on edge about her and if she's doing okay. It's a big move for a three year old and she already doesn't have a mother. Now I've moved her away from all the rest of her family too. And then I already spent so much time away from her with work, add in a relationship and that would just cut into our weekends together. I just don't think I'm at that place right now."

Warren nods, seemingly understanding where I'm coming from. "You know, H. That's not a bad thing. It's actually really normal. And it's okay to not want to rush into a relationship whether it be romantic or sexual, especially if it's someone involved with your daughter. Nobody's judging you though. I may bust your balls about shit, but I really do get it. You just focus on doing what you think is right for yourself and your daughter and everything will fall into place."

"Thanks, Warren. It means a lot to hear that." Our conversation comes to an end there as the rest of the guys start announcing our arrival.

There's a $30 cover fee to get into the club which I think is stupid especially since we're probably going to be paying so much more once we're inside. I guess this place is supposed to be really exclusive and expensive though. I may be a millionaire, but I can realize when something is ridiculously priced. We all pay though and are let inside the club.

Afterlife definitely leans into the luxurious aura it's trying to portray. It's definitely one of the nicer strip clubs I've been to in my life and very clean which is a plus. The music is loud but not deafening, and there's a dark smokey vibe.

Warren ditches me to go look for a table with the guys, and I trail behind as I take in the place. I'm quick to realize all the girls that are walking around have some sort of cowgirl theme going on, which is cool I guess. But I already feel so out of place here.

The guys end up finding a table near the stage that's big enough for the six of us. Just in time too I guess since the DJ announces someone onto the stage. Jezebel. And by the reactions of the men around us and even in our own group, I get the feeling like this is like the main act of the night. Which is a bit weird since it's only a little after nine. I would think the big names go later on but maybe she has another dance?

She walks onto the stage, her face covered by this cowboy hat which I'm sure is on purpose. She's got the least clothes on in this room by far, which shouldn't be shocking but it's been a while since I've seen a woman's body in such a way. That doesn't mean she doesn't look amazing though.

Another girl comes up to our table, taking our drink orders and I just ask for an Old Fashioned. I distract myself from the performance going on onstage by looking at all the flyers on the table, advertising their food and drink menus as well as their prices for services. Just as I suspected, everything is really expensive from lap dances to VIP room experiences. But I'm guessing people pay these prices since this place is packed.

When the girl comes back with our drinks, Jake from our group perks up. "Hey, do you know if Angel is here tonight?"

The girl shakes her head. "No, she's not here tonight, sorry!" Not the answer Jake wanted to hear I guess but he thanks her anyways.

Picking up my drink for a sip, I turn my attention back to the stage. Jezebel seems very comfortable moving around, making the pole work look graceful and effortless. I have to give it to these women, they know what they're doing. I'd never be able to hang upside down on a pole.

Once she's done on the pole, she comes a little closer to where we are, still keeping this aura of mystery around her with this cowboy hat. She lets guys shove cash into her lingerie and even some guys from our table get closer to give her some money.

However, I nearly choke on my drink when I see a tattoo adorning her right side. On her ribs are two birds, the same two birds I complimented earlier at the dance studio. No... This can't be?

I do my best to convince myself that the tattoo is a common one and that she's not my daughter's dance teacher. My eyes almost refuse to look up at her as she finishes her set, almost as if they know that I shouldn't be looking at my daughter's dance teacher. Of course I think Isabella's hot and would love to sit here and stare her body down, it just feels wrong especially if she's not taking to my advances. I don't want her to think I'm some creepy stalker that found out she worked here and came to pay for her services.

But sure enough at the end of her set she walks down the catwalk of the stage and places her cowboy hat on the head of some random guy that's clearly celebrating his bachelor party. Without the hat on I can see her face and it's without a doubt Isabella. She looks amazing, but I shouldn't be here. I look over at Warren, motioning with my head to follow me once she's off the stage.

Together, we walk toward the bar, and he looks a bit concerned. "You okay? Ottie okay?"

"Yeah, yeah.... I just... The woman that was just on stage-"

"Jezebel?"

I want to cringe at the name he says, but I nod. "Yeah... I know her."

His eyes widen. "Woah! How do you know her?"

I lower my voice and lean toward his ear, not wanting to blurt out information about her just in case one of these guys around us really is a stalker creep. "That's Ottie's dance teacher..."

He looks at me completely shocked and I know I must have this worried look on my face. "Oh shit... Do you think she saw you?"

"No, I don't think so... Fuck I'm gonna seem like such a creep." I pinch the bridge of my nose as I really let how bad this looks sink in.

"If you wanna go I totally understand. It's honestly pretty crazy."

I know I should take this opportunity and run with it. I didn't even want to come to this club and now I'm getting a free pass to leave before the first hour has even passed. I could be cozy in bed with my little snuggle bug and avoid any risk of Isabella seeing me in this club.

And yet I find myself hesitating.

Warren seems to notice that I'm not so quick to say I'm gonna leave, something I'm sure he expected. He gets the hint, though. "Look, whenever you want to leave, go ahead. She usually goes on the stage again closer to 1am and doesn't even walk around much. I think you'll be okay."

"I just feel bad leaving. It's your birthday and we just got here..." That's a load of bullshit and we both know it, but he doesn't say another word about it.

The rest of the night, I spend hiding my face the best I can whenever she's around. She never seems to notice me, too busy with the other guys in the club to take a second and take in all her admirers. She may not see me, but my eyes are glued to her the entire night. Not even so much her body, which I will admit to taking some lingering glances, but just her essence. Even here she commands the room.

Wandering by myself to the bar for a second drink a couple hours later, I find myself next to who I assume is the owner given how he's talking to some of the girls. He also seems clearly out of his mind drunk, which isn't the best look for an owner. I order my drink and wait, eavesdropping in on how he's telling the girls about selling the VIP rooms more.

Once they leave, I let my curiosity get the better of me. "You own this place?" I ask, pretending not to notice how inebriated this man is.

He nods, obviously not the friendly type as his eyes scan the room instead of being present in this conversation.

I know I shouldn't ask, but after a moment of hesitation I do. "Does Jezebel-" The second her stage name comes from my mouth his head whips around to look at me. "-do the VIP rooms...?" Immediately I wish I didn't ask.

"No. She doesn't. And just so you know for next time, I'm her boyfriend. So fuck off." He gets up and walks away immediately, going through a door which I assume leads to his office and leaving me dumbfounded.

✧✧✧

told you it would pick up

gab <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 5.9K 38
"H-how do you afford all of this?" I ask as I lightly run my hand down the silk material. I know Ally didn't have the richest family. I know that sh...
242K 6.1K 64
"Help me please, she needs a place to stay, at least for a couple of months. She's not safe, she's in danger. Please Harry, I'll do anything in retur...
2.8K 76 11
y/n doesn't have what many would consider a normal job, neither does harry. being the ceo of a well established company creates a wall between Harry...
1K 25 6
Stella loves Harry, and Harry loves Stella. But, the two of them haven't spoken in two years after one summer night during college changed everything...