Eighteen

Isabella

"Okay, I waited all day for you to 'fess up but I'm tired of waiting!" Kat leans over the desk, making me look up from the attendance book from my last class. "How was your night with Mr. Styles?"

I could already feel my face getting hot as I remember the events of last night. How his hands felt on my body. And god his tongue...

"It was fine."

She scoffs, "Just fine? You were gone for so long! I really didn't think you'd still be out when I fell asleep."

I just shrug, keeping my eyes trained on the paper in front of me. "I don't know what else you want me to say. We got dinner and he was very nice."

"I want details, Iz! I know you didn't just sit in a restaurant for over five hours!"

"Well you aren't getting details here. Now leave me alone, my class starts soon and I have to get this done."

"You know those flowers are really beautiful. Did you tell him that you liked peonies? If not, I think that's pretty remarkable, don't you."

"Katerina...." I groan, already feeling myself getting worked up. But before she could continue bothering the hell out of me, another voice joins the conversation.

"Miss Isabella!" Ottie smiles, waving as she walks into the lobby. Harry is right behind her, keeping his eyes on his daughter.

Here goes nothing. "Hi Ottilie! So nice to see you again!"

"Hello, Mr. Styles." Kat tries but fails to hide her devious smile as she speaks to him.

Harry looks up as he takes Ottie's coat off, shocked that someone even knew his name. "Oh. Hello, Kat." He looks back down at his daughter, folding her little jacket over his arm. Kat clears her throat, causing him to look back up. "Isabella."

I can't help but let my heart drop. Remember, Isabella, this is business. Nothing more. "Mr. Styles." I look back down at my paperwork, trying to push last night from my mind.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Kat looking back and forth between us, almost looking confused. She probably expected us to act like a real couple after going on what seemed like a date last night. This is exactly why I didn't want him to come to the apartment. Now things are weird.

A little finger pokes at my arm. Looking over, I smile softly at Ottilie. "Hi Ottie."

"Hi Miss Isabella!" She keeps her voice low as she leans closer to me. "Can you do my hair in plait, please?"

"Of course, just give me one second and I'll do one in your hair."

"Thank you!"

I smile at her before going back to my attendance book. Once I'm done inputting the attendance from my last class, I turn my attention to Ottilie. "Alright, Ottie, come on."

Getting up, I put out my hand for her to take which she excitedly takes. Together we walk past her father and into the studio. Sitting on the floor, she settles down right in front of me.

"Are you excited for class today, Ottie?" I take her hair out of the little ponytail it's in, brushing my fingers through it.

She nods, "Yes Miss Isabella! I've been practicing so much!"

"That's amazing! I'm sure you're going to do so well today."

Ottie sits pretty still as I braid her hair, telling me all about her dolls back at home. It feels a little weird, considering I was in her home last night and she has no idea. Now I can picture her in there, running around the living room or sneaking into her dad's room when she has a bad dream.