The hunter's honor

By thesupernaturalTeen

Love, it will get you nowhere You're on your own Lost in the wild So come to me now I could use someone like... More

The hunter's honor
Graphic gallery
Epigraph
Summary
Act one
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Act two
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven

Chapter nine

932 48 3
By thesupernaturalTeen

CHAPTER NINE: code breaker

•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

EREBUS ARGENT WAS NERVOUS. If he got caught by another hunter, or, worst, his mother, he would be in so much trouble. He heard something crash downstairs, immediately his head snapped up. What had his mother done?

"Don't push me Kate!" Chris yelled.

So, Kate was here. Erebus could sneak out.

"You told her!" A quick, barely there pause. "Don't think I don't know about the clues that you've been leaving! Starting with that necklace! You have been leaving clues for both of them. Allison knows because you wanted her to. And Erebus is going to know."

"Because she needs to. And Erebus already knows."

"What?" Chris questioned. "He knows?"

"Since he was six."

"You put a child in danger?-"

Erebus snuck out the window, not hearing how Chris said that Erebus shouldn't know, how Kate was stupid and careless to out Erebus in danger like that. And now Allison.

He wasn't there for Chris and Victoria's panic reactions to seeing him not in his room. Allison was in to much shock to notice, and Kate couldn't have cared less. She assumed he had gone out to hunt the alpha himself.

Erebus had gone to the Hale house, knocking the guard unconscious and pulling him into the room. There would be another hunter, soon. He slid the door open, muttering about how he couldn't believe he was in this situation.

He held his hands up, above his head. "Derek, right?" He questioned, despite knowing that was his name. "I'm Erebus." He says, curing himself. Just get him out of here. "I'm gonna let you out of here, just, don't attack me."

He took carful steps, scanning the man to make sure he wouldn't attack him. It was clear that Derek didn't trust him. He didn't know why Derek wouldn't just listen to his heartbeat.

He quickly moved, unlocking the first cuff, when Derek's head snapped up. "Someone's coming. Hide." He demanded.

"In a second," Erebus moved to undo the second wrist lock.

Only, now he could hear the footsteps.

"Hide," Derek demanded of the younger one.

Erebus immediately followed the order, cursing his mother.

In walked a man, who turned the light onto Derek. "Ready to have some more fun? To be honest," he looked down at his clenched fist. "my knuckles are kind of hurting. So I brought some help." He held up a bat. "But I need to warn you. I use to play in college."

Erebus pulled his gun from his waistband, just as Derek caught the bat. "I brought a little help, too."

The man turned, seeing Scott at the entrance. Erebus pulled the trigger, aiming for the man's leg as Derek punched him. Scott looked down at the man, horrified. "Erebus?"
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

"Scott, help me with this," Derek ordered.

"No." Scott says only a few steps away from him.

"What?"

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter."

"You really want to talk about this right now?" 

Erebus went to go release Derek, only for Scott to reach out and grab him. "No, Erebus."

Half-way through Scott saying that, Erebus had flipped him. The second Scott had wrapped his hand around him, Erebus had twisted and flipped him.

"Shit, sorry," Erebus says when he realized what he had done.

"Scott, help me with this." Derek demanded again.

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them."

Derek Scoffed. "So what?"

"Wait, what?" Erebus asked at the same time. His uncle and cousin were going to be killed. And his mom, but, he found himself feelings mix of feelings between the two. At least for his mother. His cousin and uncle he would miss.
His mother was a complicated answer. It had always been clear to him that his mother didn't care for him.
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

Erebus had came back to the conversation at a much slower rate then he had wanted to.

Scott held up a paper, slightly crumpled up. "This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

"Where did you get that?" Derek questioned.

"My boss told me three months ago, someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me."

Erebus looked at the paper, the first of an agency report. He second of a deer with a spiral carved onto it's side.

Derek breathe heavily, glaring at the teen boy. Scott sighs as he turned around. "Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other--"

Derek broke the chain. When he speaks, it's in a angry tone. "I'll help you."
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

The three had ran out of the basement.

"Hold on. Hold on," Derek calls out, breathing heavily. He looks around. "Something doesn't feel right."

"Yeah. No shit. You were just tortured," Erebus says. "What? Do you need a break? I don't think it's a good idea. Scott and I can try to carry you."

"No. No. It's not that." Still, he breathed out heavy.

"What do you mean?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know. It was...it as kind of like it was..."

"No, don't say: 'too easy' People say "too easy" and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy!"

"Fine. You're right."

"Thank you."

"We're being watched-" Erebus is suddenly cut off as an arrow whistles in the air, hitting Derek. Derek falls to the ground. Erebus lifts up his gun, pointing it in the direction the arrow came from. But, froze upon seeing his cousin and mother there.

Derek was shot again.

"Scott, your eyes!" Derek yelled out.

The flash bomb hit the tree next to Scott, who feel to the ground from the shock of the sudden brightness. Erebus turned his head in the other direction, blinking from how close it was to him.

Derek had ripped the arrows from his body, rushing over to Scott and pulling him up before pulling Erebus along.

Only, Derek fell to the ground. Erebus  turned around as the man kept yelling for the two to gun. Erebus held the gun at Allison.

"Allison I can explain," Scott says.

"Stop lying. For once, stop lying." Allison demands.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything... because everything that I said, everything that I did--" Scott tried to explain.

Allison interrupts him. "Was to protect me."

"Yes."

"I don't believe you."

"Allison, you can't-" Erebus began.

Kate groans. "Thank God. Now, shoot him before I have to shoot myself!"

Erebus good in front of Scott, gun raised at his mother.

Allison turned, nervously. "You... you said we were just gonna catch them..."

"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them." Kate shoots Derek. "See? Not that hard."

"Oh, no... I know that look. That's the "You're gonna have to do it yourself" look." Kate brings up the gun. "Erebus get out of the way. Or I'll shot him through you."

"Kate... Kate, what are you doing?" Allison tried to stop her, but was shoved.

"I love those brown eyes..." Kate tells Scott.

"Put the gun down," Erebus tells his mother.

"Or what? You're gonna shoot me?"

Her tone was mocking.

"Yeah." Erebus pulled the trigger, shooting her in the shoulder.

"Kate!" A voice suddenly yelled out.  Chris walked up to them. "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do."

"No one asked you to murder innocent people! There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now! You're holding a gun at a sixteen-year-old boy with no proof he's spilled human blood! And your son! Who's protecting him." Chris is worried for Erebus, who stays standing in front of Scott.

"We go by the Code-- "Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent."" Chris says.

""We hunt those who hunt us." Allison translates.

The trigger clicks.  Erebus says in his place. Chris lifts his gun to point it at Kate.

"Put the gun down," he shoots off a warning shot. "before I put you down."

There is a squeaky sound, the door opening.

"Allison, Erebus, get back." Chris tells the two.

The door open, but, Erebus says with his hun longed at Kate. Scott quickly gets up, pulling Erebus behind him.  The younger one points his gun at the door as-well.

"What is it?" Allison questions in fear. 

"It's the Alpha." Scott answered.

•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

They all stood close, but the Alpha ran past them, being nothing but a large blur. Still they all turned the direction it ran in. Chris was knocked off his feet.

"Chris!" Erebus yelled out before Allison was tackled down as-well, then him. "Fucking, bitch." He cursed, when he had hit his head.

The alpha knocked Scott down next.

"Come on! Come on!" Kate yelled.
When she turned a certain direction, there stood a man, the man from the mall, who grabbed her wrist and pointed it up. So, that the gun would go off into the sky. He hit her wrist, breaking it.

Erebus had slowly gotten up , only crawling backward to check on his uncle. His mother always said that he shouldn't get involved like this, that he'd mess up and get them both killed.

Kate yelled in pain. Before, the man had grabbed her by her neck and threw her to the porch. He walked up, pulling her into the house.

"No!" Allison yelled as she ran into the house.

"Allison!" Erebus had checked on his uncle, and Scott before running over and quickly shaking Derek awake. He grabbed his gun, rubbing into the house.

"And so does he," Peter says when Erebus had ran in. "Probably not as damaged as Allison. But, more damaged then you."

Peter continued to speaks. "So, I'm going to give you a chance to save them. Apologize. Say that you're sorry for decimating my family, for leaving me burned and broken for six years. Say it... and I'll let them live."

Kate makes a choking sound. "I'm sorry..."

Peter dragged his claws across her throat, tearing the skin there deeply. Kate's body fell to the floor. Allison gasped in shock as Erebus stared at the fallen body, emotionless. Just as emotional less as he had been the moment he realized his mother was on the Hale property.

"I don't know about you, Allison, Erebus, but that apology... didn't sound very sincere." Peter says as he moved forward.

Erebus pointed his gun at the man, when Scott showed up next to them. Derek coming in from the other side.

"Run!" Scott ordered.

The two ran out. "Dad! Dad. Dad." Allison called out.

"Chris," Erebus says, shaking him. "Chris wake up." He gently tapped the man's face."
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

Scott was thrown out of the house. A second later, followed the Alpha. Erebus began to shoot it. Which had caused Peter to launch at him. Scott jumped up, barely able to knock the alpha down.

Peter grabbed him by his jacket, growling in his face. Scott kicked him in the chest, flipping backwards as Peter stumbled to land in front of the porch.

"Help me with him," Erebus ordered Allison, as he had already began to drag Chris backward.

A car horn honks, headlights flashing onto the Alpha. Stiles and Jackson had quickly gotten out of the car. Stiles threw a bottle at Peter, who caught it.

Erebus shot at the bottle when he realized it hadn't exploded. Peter's arm was set on fire, flaring his arm around to out the fire out. Jackson threw a second bottle at him, making his be entirely light on fire.

Erebus pulled Allison back when Peter seemed to be getting closer. Scott jumped up, kicking him a few steps away. Peter was no longer in alpha form, and was burnt, black patches of skin.

Allison walked up to Scott, who went to turn his head, only to be stopped by Allison, as he turned him to face her again. The two kissed.

Erebus began to shake his uncle awake again. He is shot up, looking around before immediately pulling Erebus into a hug. Chris stood up, letting Erebus go.

Derek had walked over to Peter, standing over the man before he kneeled down. Scott ran up to him. "Wait, you said the cure cokes from the one who bit you," Scott says.

Chris had began to pull both Allison and Erebus away.

"Derek, if you do this, I'm dead," Scott continued. "Her father, her family-- what am I supposed to do?"

Derek does nothing. Everyone stays silent.

"... I can smell it on you...!" Peter growls.

Derek lifts his clawed hand up.

"Wait! No, no! Don't!" Scott yells out.

Derek slashed Peter's throat. Before he starts up, eyes glowing red. "I'm the Alpha now."
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

"Erebus, we need to talk," Chris says.

The blond-haired boy looks up at his uncle. "Yeah?"

"Since...since Kate's dead. And, we don't know who your father is-" he paused, as if unsure of what to say. Should he have assumed that Erebus didn't know who his father was? Would Erebus even want to stay with them? With him and he hadn't even been able to protect the boy from his own sister?

Would Erebus trust him? How long has Erebus been hunting? He hoped that Kate wasn't careless enough to teach him at a young age.

"Uncle Chris?" Erebus questioned when the man had gone silent.

Chris looks up.

"Something wrong?"

Chris told him nothing was wrong, unless Erebus didn't want to live with them, then he needed to know who to call.

"You want me to live here?" Erebus asked.
•°¯'•• 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 ••'¯°•

{2335}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 12.9K 86
After all, I'd like for you and I to go romancing. Say the word your wish is my command. Book 1/2 [All rights go to Jeff Davis and MTV, I don't own a...
54.6K 1.2K 32
'𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯' 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘰𝘩, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦' - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩...
41.2K 860 27
this is the first story i have ever wrote online so i am sorry if you are disappointed:)
404 33 14
Being in love is never a choice. But, does it worth it to risk your heart to fall for someone? Or keeping your heart remains closed by staying single...