The Path to Hell or Salvation...

By FCL-M-Trio

You trapped yourself in a seal with Ryomen Sukuna. The seal is known to show the victims their fears, regrets... More

Prologue: Sealed
Chapter One: Astray
Chapter Two: Uncharted Land
Chapter Four: Cabin
Chapter Five: The City
Chapter Six: Unwanted Resemblance
Chapter Seven: Inferno
Chapter Eight: An Old Face
Chapter Nine: Abomination
Chapter Ten: Hot Spring
Chapter Eleven: Hot Magma
Chapter Eleven Part II: Visitor
Chapter Twelve: Prison
Chapter Thirteen: Possessive
Chapter Fourteen: Conflicted
Chapter Fourteen Pt II:
Chapter Fifteen: Only One
Chapter Sixteen: Promise
Chapter Seventeen: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Eighteen: Horde
Chapter Nineteen: Consume
Chapter Twenty: Consume Pt. II
Chapter Twenty-One: Consume Pt. III
Chapter Twenty-Two: Sad but True
Chapter Twenty-Three: Home
Chapter Twenty Three Pt. II:
Chapter Twenty-Four: Daylight
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Last Embrace
Chapter Twenty-Six: Yet to Come
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hint of Nostalgia
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Taken
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Double Trouble
Chapter Thirty: Blood Red Sky
Chapter Thirty-One: Be Safe For A Moment
Chapter Thirty-Two: Serenity
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bliss
Chapter Thirty-Four: A New Threat, A New Hope
Chapter Thirty-Five: Insanity
Chapter Thirty-Six: Broken
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Tension and Conflict
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Seesaw
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Whatever You Desire
Chapter Forty: Snowfall
Chapter Forty-One: Need 2
Chapter Forty-Two: Who Is She?
Chapter Forty-Three: Spirit Search
Chapter Forty-Four: It's A Start
Chapter Forty-Five: Tragedy
Chapter Forty-Six: Melancholy
Chapter Forty-Seven: Just One More Day
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Cost of Freedom
Meet The Monsters!
Chapter Forty-Nine: Carnage
Chapter Fifty: Destruction Among Us
Chapter Fifty-One: Gone
Chapter Fifty-Two: I Was Only Temporary
The Music for This Story / Author's Note
Chapter Fifty-Three: Kaleidoscope
Chapter Fifty-Four: Skipping Stones
Chapter Fifty-Five: UhGood
Chapter Fifty-Six: Down By The River
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Illness
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Unexpected Arrival
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Reminiscing
Chapter Sixty: Safe and Warmth

Chapter Three: Arachnophobia

1.9K 79 24
By FCL-M-Trio

After walking in this wetland area, you're growing tired. The mud and sludge are hard to walk through and it's bad enough it's humid. Sukuna walked ahead of you, taking out any vine or root that blocked his pathway. 

"Um the only thing I can remember about being afraid of a swamp or whatever this is, is the swamp monster. Maybe Bigfoot, oh man if I see Bigfoot that would be awesome!" You said, talking happily. Well, it was a coping mechanism for all the hell you went through on day 1. And maybe, just maybe you can talk so much he'll kill himself.

"Your positivity is unnecessary," Sukuna grumbled. He wants nothing more than to drown you in this disgusting murky water.

"I haven't been this happy in almost years, courtesy of you," you said, angrily before smiling again. "Even in this fictional, makeshift world, seeing Bigfoot would be awesome."

Sukuna rolled his eyes and opted to just ignore you. He'll keep you around, but that doesn't mean he'll indulge in these idiotic talks of yours. Besides, you would only talk so much to the brat, now that he's not here you'll be quiet like a mannequin.

You'll tire yourself out sooner than later, you're one of those introverts.

-

You proved him wrong.

"And so that's why I am afraid of ax-wielding Pig mask dudes," you explained for the 7th time in a row. "Now as long as we can avoid clowns-"

"Shut up! Shut up, you've been talking for two hours!" Sukuna yells, finally losing his patience. If you planned to annoy him to death then it was working! 

"Hey don't be so rude I'm only giving you the information you wanted," you said, smugly as you followed him into a clearing. The bottom of your pants, shoes, and socks are ruined thanks to the sludge you forced yourself to walk through.

"You've been talking about the same goddamn thing for two hours straight!" Sukuna exclaimed as he gripped his hair.

"You didn't specify what information you wanted to hear, I'm just going off what you wanted!" You cackled, leaning your head back as you laughed. Which was a mistake because taking a blow to the head is affecting you badly. Any sudden turn or movement makes you dizzy, you're surprised you know your name and who Sukuna is.

Sukuna glanced at you, instantly noticing your agony. With a smirk, he nudged you harshly with his arm, sending you toppling into the disgusting water. "Fuck you, you four-eyed starfish!" You curse at him as you grip your head.

Your fingers bury into the ground and quickly, you fling the mud at him, dirtying his kimono. Angered, he grabs you by your shirt and gets ready to strike your face.

Because of this the amulet reacted and let out a pressured blowback. It knocked Sukuna back harshly into a tree, but it also pushed you back as well. Your head hits a tree hard and you grip your skull. Disoriented and dizzy, you struggle to get on your feet to get your bearings. 

"You're so frustrating!" You huffed as you leaned against the tree.

"Then quit pissing me off," Sukuna growled as he harshly kicked water your way. The sends a large splash, covering you with gross water. You groan in disgust and back away from him. "Maybe you should quit pissing me off!" you snapped back.

You then decided to walk, more like stomp, in a different direction. You move the vines and trudge through the tall bushes. You can hear Sukuna still following you and now you have come to the conclusion you will have a permanent hiking buddy.

Or more like a hiking foe.

Eventually, the water got shallower and was replaced by a deserted land. "Finally, we're out of that annoying forest," Sukuna huffed as he pushed past you. He took off his Kimono and started patting out the muck that stuck to it. Why the hell?!

"Dude you're naked!" You shrieked as you turned away.

"I'm not, I still have pants," Sukuna said blandly as he gestured to his baggy pants. You refuse to turn around to see if he is telling the truth or not. "Yeah, yeah, yeah I heard from others you don't wear pants. How do they know that? I don't know."

You then felt something splat against your head, something wet and thick. Instantly realizing he tossed muck at your head. "Are you trying to get my wound infected?!" You screamed as you tried getting the muck out of your hair.

"Oh no... Not an infection... Whatever shall I do," Sukuna retorted slowly and sarcastically. Angry, you reached into the muck and fling it at him, only for him to dodge, and hurting your fingers even more. But you didn't care, he is an assface.

"I was hoping Yuji would kill us both so I didn't have to put up with your dumbass!" You yelled, mad. "Is that so?" Sukuna hummed with a smirk. If he remembered correctly, the brat saves people to a stupid degree. In short, Yuji is planning to save you, that could be his ticket out.

"In any case, where are we?" Sukuna asked, deciding to change the subject, as he looked around.

"I don't know everything you grumpy old man!" You snapped at him. You glance at the land around you and you note it's a desert. You were suddenly shoved forward. "Get moving, If something is going to kill us, it's better for you than me," Sukuna said as he ushered you forward.

"Don't touch me with your disgusting hands!" you hissed at him. "Plus it's probably safe for you to go forward, worst-case scenario we'll die of a heat stroke and dehydration."

You walk further ahead of Sukuna, dragging your feet through the sand. But sand? You don't remember being afraid of anything in the desert. Maybe it's Sukuna's fear.

"Hah are you afraid of a little sand Sukuna?" you asked, mocking him. In response, a harsh kick to your back spins you in the air. A little scream escapes your lips then you faceplanted into the sand.

Casually, Sukuna walked beside you like he didn't do anything. You lift your head from the sand, glaring at him. "You're a fucking asshole!"

"What's that? I can't hear you over the sand!" Sukuna called back with a smirk.

"You must be a deaf old man if you can't hear over something as small as sand!" you yell as you sit up on your knees.

Before Sukuna could retort he suddenly vanished from your view. All that was left of him was a divot in the sand. Blinking, you quickly stand up and see that he fell into a sinkhole.

"Well....shit."

You walk around the sinkhole and continue your walk. "Well, mission accomplished- ah shit!" You screamed as you fell through a sinkhole. 

Your back hits a hard surface and some sand falls on your face. Groaning, you sit up and wipe your face clean. "That was something," you muttered, opening your eyes.

It was dark, sand particles were everywhere, and it was dusty. The only light source you had was from above you and that quickly covered up. Standing, you move forward, slipping on some sand here and there, in the darkness. Reaching out, you feel a solid wall. "I'm going to take a wild guess I fell into a cavern," you mutter to yourself. Tracing your fingers across the walls, you start feeling odd shapes protruding outward.

As you walk forward you hear sounds like scurrying in the walls.

"That's not good," You whisper, a little afraid. It could be a rat or something, but it sounded like there were a lot of feet moving around in the walls.

A light shines from above, maybe another sinkhole? Whatever it was, it was light and light was better than darkness. Excited, you rush towards the light and finally you're able to see your surroundings. Looking around, there are some pillars and carved designs on the walls.

Paintings along the wall as well, mythical creatures and warriors, people. It's like a buried temple room.

"You got here late."

You turn around to find Sukuna sitting on a broken pillar, leaning into his hand. Grumbling, you turn away from him and look at the paintings instead. There was also a language you have never seen before, actually, it looked like a bunch of scribbling, unintelligible.

"Where are we now brat? Are you afraid of being buried alive in an abandoned temple?"

"Tch, no I'm afraid of what lies in temples," you answered, walking around the room. Though this room has a spark of familiarity to it, you just can't quite put your finger on it.

"I should be insulted, you faced me and curses for years and what you're afraid of is pig-masked men and clowns?" Sukuna said, sarcastically.

"I'm not afraid of you Sukuna. If I were I would have to deal with two of you and that sounds like hell right there," you scoffed as you tried to find an exit.

"Sounds like heaven to me, you would writhe in agony under my claws," Sukuna said, smirking.

"You wouldn't have to, talking to you is hell right now." You found two handles that need to be pulled, you're taking a guess it's supposed to open a very large secret door. "Here, pull that lever," you said, pointing at the one on the far right as you take the one on the left.

"Don't tell me what to do brat," Sukuna hissed as he hopped off the pillar he was sitting on. You look at him annoyed as he walks over to the handle. "You want to be stuck down here forever?" You asked, sass in your voice. "No? Then pull the damn lever."

"Say please," Sukuna said, smirking.

"You're such an annoying piece of shit, how did Yuji deal with you?!"

Sukuna just pressed one of his hands against his ear, clearly waiting for you to say please. You groan and slam your head against the wall, ready to swallow your pride. "Please," you grumbled.

"What was that?"

"Please pull the damn lever!" You said, snapping.

Sukuna deemed that good enough and at the same time you both pulled the lever. With that, there was a loud rumble and the room shook as the wall in front of you opened by sliding up into the wall.

It reveals another room with lit torches and more designs on the walls. "Oh god, this all feels familiar," you said as you entered the room. "Ah, I think I remember this, something about bones and Indians?" Sukuna hummed and held his chin in thought as he stared at the designs.

"Close but no cigar, I never watched those Indiana Jones movies," you said, looking around. "But I did play a game like them, treasure hunter dude and he's fighting to get the treasure first."

"God not this again, instead of telling me nothing but bullshit, give me something useful," Sukuna interrupted, groaning in annoyance. "Ugh fine!" You said, annoyed. This guy wasn't much of a talker anyway.

"If I remember the games correctly, there's usually something dangerous in the tombs. Like uh, these zombified Spaniards, Guardians with super strength, and uh...man-eating spiders."

"Tch, that explains the panic scribble on the walls," Sukuna said, annoyed.

"Wait, you can read these languages?" You asked in disbelief. "Wow, who knew you would be so smart to be bilingual?"

"I've been alive and trapped in other curse bodies for 1,000 years, you learn a lot," Sukuna informed, frowning a bit. "Though some of the words are cut off, something about light and spiders," he said with a shrug.

When he said that your heart dropped to your stomach. Now you know why this room is familiar! "Oh no...." You mumbled to yourself. Without hesitation, you rush over to a torch and grab one for protection. "What are you doing?" Sukuna asked, watching as you scurried around.

"Giving myself protection, I have to find a way out of here fast," you quickly explain. This made him grow suspicious of your behavior.

"You're probably afraid of something insignificant," Sukuna said with crossed arms, not budging to grab a torch. You pressed your hand against any part of the wall, hoping it would open another secret passage. "Whatever you're afraid of brat, I can handle it easy."

You didn't bother trying to tell him how dangerous this situation is. It makes sense where you are and what danger lurks. The temple you're in, though significantly different, you know those spiders from anywhere.

"Sure if you can face off hundreds of man-eating spiders, be my guest!" You snapped at him. Without another word, Sukuna grabs a torch and helps with finding an entrance. "Oi brat, what is this from? I'm noticing a pattern in your fears they're all from some sort of media entertainment," Sukuna said, as he also pressed his hand against the wall.

"Uh, it's been years since I played this game, uh shit. The protagonists were locked in the room of spiders and they had to climb their way out, then after they escaped they also had to escape gunfire and a burning building."

Sukuna's brow rose in disbelief, you can't be serious. "You easily get afraid of a game like that?" Sukuna huffed, annoyed that your easily frightened mind is putting him through this bullshit of a maze.

"I was like 9 years old, give me a break!" You snapped at him. "And these are huge spiders, they're purple and they're very fast!"

"Great, deranged purple exoskeletons, how exciting," Sukuna murmured sarcastically as his large hand pushed in a brick. This caused another entrance to open in front of you.

"Whatever, just stay in the light and we'll be fine," you grumbled as you walked through.

You look around the darkness, grumbling to yourself as you hear a few scatters here and there. "Great, my dream of becoming a treasure hunter comes true in the most fucked up way possible. Plus I'm stuck with a jerkweed and not a best friend."

"It's not like I enjoy your presence either, brat," Sukuna retorted as he looked around for an exit of sorts. You move your torch around as it's noticeably darker in this room. 

"I don't know who would enjoy your presence, you're such a despicable, nasty, vindictive-ah!!" Your sentence is interrupted by your shriek as the light from your torch reveals a corpse. You kneel close to the corpse, looking a bit disgusted and intrigued. From the many puncture marks on this corpse's body, you can only conclude it was the spiders eating away at him.

"Looks like that guy wasn't so lucky," Sukuna said, sounding amused.

"No he wasn't," you muttered in agreement. 

Sukuna said as he continued forward as you examined the body further. You stand up and take a few steps to follow him until you hear more scurrying in the walls. Picking up the pace, you even walk faster than Sukuna as the scurrying and hissing in the walls grow louder.

"So, are these spiders larger than average?" Sukuna asked as he stuck close to your back. "They're about..." You look around to find a size comparison to the spiders. When you didn't find anything you just spread your hand out. "This big," You said, pointing at your hand.

Sukuna stared at your hand with a blank expression. "You're scared of spiders that big?" He asked in disbelief.

You rolled your eyes and continued walking forward. "Obviously my hands are smaller than your grotesque chicken tenders, but they're actually large."

"Great, we're running from spiders, due to your peanut-sized brain," Sukuna scoffed.

"You always mock my fears, but how is your chest doing? Still fucked up?" You asked him, raising your brow. This guy will never admit he's wrong about anything. Sukuna is too proud.

"It's perfectly fine," Sukuna grumbled, clearly unamused by your reminder. You suddenly stop walking and your eyes widen as you stare at Sukuna. Sukuna frowns in confusion and is going to question why you're staring at him. Until he realized you're not staring at him. He follows your gaze as he looks to see his torch is slowly going out.

"By your stare, this is a bad thing," Sukuna assumed as he gestured to the torch.

"Yeah that's bad," You mutter, trying to not freak out. If his torch goes out that means he would have to stick closer to you like glue because he needs to stay in the light to avoid the spiders. And you don't want to be anywhere near him.

"Here," Sukuna said as your torch was magically replaced with his. It was so quick you didn't have time to register what happened.

"You douchebag," you hissed at him. "Shouldn't you like, click your claws together to create a fire spark or something?" You asked him as if it was so obvious. Sukuna stared at you with a blank stare. "I repeat, pea-sized brain," he grumbled.

"Whatever," you grumble. "I don't know how you have any followers, if anyone knew who you really were everyone would avoid you like the bubonic plague."

Not wanting to waste any more time standing around, you come across a hallway. Without thinking much, you walk down the hall as your torch is slowly dying out. The flame is getting smaller by the second, you're worried it'll go out in five minutes.

While the torch Sukuna stole from you is as bright as ever. "Hey, I think your torch is going out," Sukuna informed with a smirk.

"Shut up and help me with the door!" You hissed as you moved to another handle. Just as you touch the handle, the hissing and scurrying get louder than ever. You quickly turn around to face the way you just came from. Even from the darkness, your eyes can see the spiders moving around in the dark.

"Brat get on the lever!" Sukuna orders as he grips his lever. You turn around and grip yours as well, immediately pulling it. However, when you pulled yours it wouldn't budge. "It's stuck!" You said, trying to pull it harder.

As you do that, the lever chain breaks and you drop your torch. You are in darkness and immediately feel thousands of legs crawling on you. You feel bites puncture through your legs.

"Get it off!" You screamed, trying to get the spiders off of you.

"Hold still!" Sukuna exclaims as he waves the torch around you. He didn't care if you got burnt or not. The spiders left you due to the warmth and light from Sukuna's torch. The spiders quickly crawl off of you and now surround you both, staying out of the light.

Because Sukuna swung his torch around, it made his torch slowly go out quicker. "Shit, we're dead!" You cursed as you noticed Sukuna's torch.

"No we're not, hold this," Sukuna orders as he puts the torch in your hand. He turned to the corridor door that blocked their path to freedom. Crouching low, he used all four of his hands to lift the door. It took some effort, but he managed to create enough space to crawl through.

Once he got through you tried to follow him, but the corridor door slammed shut on you, trapping you in with the spiders. 

Oh shit.

"Shit, shit, shit!" You yelled out. When the spiders got too close to you, you would wave the torch at your feet to keep them at bay. Is this how you die? To be eaten alive by this stuff? Why the hell do you have to be afraid of being eaten alive by stuff?!

A loud creaking interrupted your panic as the door was lifted again. "Brat, move it before I drop it!" Sukuna hissed demandingly. You drop the torch and immediately crawl through the half-opened door. As you make it out the torch dies out and you feel the spiders crawling up your legs.

The door slams shut as soon as you are out and you feel Sukuna's hands on you to swipe the spiders off of your legs. The spiders crawl onto him as well, quickly biting into his hands.

"Ugh get off!" You exclaimed as you swatted at the spiders. Sukuna grabs you by your shirt and drags you out of the temple and into the sunlight. Now outside, the spiders hissed from the light and turned onto their backs, burning up.

You take a deep breath, trying to calm your beating heart. "Childhood nightmares revisited," you muttered as you stood up.

"Some nightmare, you're just scared of a bunch of puny spiders," Sukuna huffed as he let go of you. You huff and stand on your feet. "Puny?! I saw they were eating at your hand too!" 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sukuna huffs as he shoves his hands into his sleeves.

This guy is really getting on your nerves. And giving you a headache, no wait that's the hole in your head. "Wish we had a damn neurosurgeon here," you muttered, carefully touching your head. "Well, complaining won't get you one anytime soon," Sukuna retorted as he analyzed his surroundings.

You push past him, shoving your shoulder into him as you walk past him. You're dealing with a massive headache and you're pretty sure that wetness down your neck is blood. Plus, there's an itchy feeling on your legs that you hope to God is not poison from those spiders.  The heat is also killing you.

It sucks that you don't have Sukuna's strength and speed so you can avoid these injuries.

Though you keep forgetting about the wound on his chest. He's so good at playing off being strong and nothing is bothering him. You glance behind you to see how bad his chest got at least. With his kimono slightly open, you can see how much his wound has become infected. It's blistering, oozing disgusting fluid, and he can see an infection starting.

He will need medicine soon.

As you stumble a bit, Sukuna can see the blood dripping from your head. This is not good, he can't lose his dumb guide. Just as he thinks of ways to at least make sure you don't fall over and die on him, you suddenly run forward. "Oi-!"

"Water!" you screamed.

Sukuna looks over to see that you're running to what looks like a small lake along with a few trees. Your legs carry you to the lake and you dunk your head into the lake. You tried to clean your scalp as best as you could. Hopefully, this gets rid of the nasty murky water and you also hope you didn't get any weird parasites from this lake.

"It's like you're asking for a disease," Sukuna remarked with a raised brow.

Despite his words, he undressed himself carelessly and walked into the lake, deep enough to cover his chest. The only evidence that he is naked is the pile of clothes next to you.

Ignoring him, you just run your injured fingers through your hair in the water. Whether the water was safe or not, it's better to at least keep your wounds clean. For better or worse, you need to try to keep them as clean as possible. You lift your pants legs where the spiders bit you and sure enough, it's blistering, a rash is forming.

Blood is oozing from the spider bites and it itches so badly. Though you splash water onto it, it does nothing to relieve the rash. 

You curse under your breath and look around to finally see his pile of clothes next to you.

"You lecture me about this damn lake and you're in there naked?!" You shrieked as you looked away. "Shut up," Sukuna said as he splashed his wounds with water. You have the right idea on cleaning your wounds, though he won't go so far as to admit that.

You turn your back to him and keep your gaze on the lake.

What else will this seal throw at you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 176 23
mo·not·o·ny /məˈnätənē,məˈnädənē/ | lack of variety and interest; tedious repetition and routine. A bakery girl and her customer. ~~~~~ A man plagued...
43.3K 1.3K 37
In the winter of her 23rd birthday, y\n [???], a temple maiden who worshiped the king of plagues Ryomen Sukuna, was cast into her soul according to t...
229K 8K 38
A Jujutsu Kaisen fanfiction. (Ryoumen Sukuna x Reader) "Do you have a God to believe in?" She nodded her head, words were unable to form. As she star...
72.9K 1.9K 35
A Jujutsu Kaisen fanfiction. Ryomen Sukuna x Reader. Y/N not knowing her own identity, was taken in into Tokyo Jujutsu High. When the cruel King of C...