Blindsided By The Boss

Von JeniRaeD

Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid a... Mehr

warning
1 - Callum
2 - Eloise
3 - Callum
4 - Eloise
5 - Eloise
6 - Eloise
7 - Callum
8 - Eloise
9 - Eloise
10- Eloise
11 - Callum
12 - Eloise
13 - Callum
14 - Callum
15 - Eloise
16 - Eloise
17 - Callum
18 - Eloise
19 - Callum
20 - Eloise
21 - Eloise
22 - Callum
23 - Callum
24 - Eloise
26 - Callum
27 - Eloise
28 - Eloise
29 - Callum
30- Callum
31 - Callum
32 - Eloise
33 - Eloise
34 - Eloise
35 - Callum
36 - Callum
37 - Eloise
38 - Eloise
39 - Eloise
40 - Callum
41 - Eloise
42 - Callum
43 - Callum
44 - Eloise
Epilogue

25 - Eloise

2.4K 203 24
Von JeniRaeD

Since I tortured Callum's nipples the other night, he's been on his best behavior. But I've learned that's how he works—hot and playful one minute, ornery, cold, and quiet the next. So, that doesn't mean I'm in the clear with him just yet. He'll still find a way to mess with me when I least expect it.

Yesterday, after Rory and Isabelle's family arrived, we all went out to eat, and then we rented a guide to take us on a cruise around the island. And surprisingly, Callum acted like a normal human being. He also treated me like I was royalty—his queen. And I'm not afraid to admit this, but it felt good, too.

He was nice. Normal. Flirtatious in a respectful way. He'd tease me, but in a fun way. No matter what I was doing, who I talked to, or where we were, Callum's eye contact was always on me, and when I'd feel his eyes on me and would look at him, he'd wink and coquettishly smile at me. He also ensured I had everything I needed and wanted. And that I was happy. He pretty much made sure a red carpet was laid out for me everywhere I walked.

And that cracked me up.

It was like Callum was apologizing to me again for misbehaving, and he feared I'd torture his nipples again. I may have given him a taste of his own medicine that night, but because he allowed me to discipline him without complaining, I rewarded him with a blow job—just because I was in the mood to taste his arousal.

Today's the wedding, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well Callum will behave around me—around the bridal party and the attendees Rory and Isabelle spent good money on ensuring everyone made it to Hawaii to attend and be a part of their happiness.

However, I know Callum won't behave—it's in his blood to be a butthead.

Sometime throughout the wedding or reception, or during both events, I'm almost positive because he cannot help himself. He'll figure out how to get me to misbehave so he can have fun punishing me. So I just need to be sure I'm on full alert the entire day and outsmart him—if that's even possible.

Isabelle looked at me and brought her mimosa to her lips while the hairdresser did our hair, humorously asking, "Are you and Callum going to behave today?"

"Of course, we will. Why would you ask that?"

She laughed. "Do I really have to get into that, especially about the other night at that restaurant?"

I groaned, "That was Callum and Aaron's doing. They thought it would be funny to gang up on me and tease me like I was a toy."

She shook her head a little, smiling. "I still don't understand why you're allowing Callum to fuck with you as he has been."

"Honestly, I don't know either."

I think I'm only allowing him to do this because I'd like to work on breaking down the wall he built around him. I really want to know what caused him to be the person he is today. I want to know why he used to be all about relationships and he isn't now.

I'm also curious as to why Rory and Callum used to goof off, playing practical jokes on one another when they were business partners and when he used to work in the office. And I'm curious about his reasoning on why he doesn't come in and why he's a serious grumpy CEO now who gets off on barking orders to everyone who works for him.

"I'm trying to get to know him better," I added, shrugging. "I want to know what it takes to make him smile, be happy, and be normal."

"And what have you figured out?" Isabelle asked, looking thrilled that her plan of bringing two hot-heads—Callum and me together might have worked.

"That the only thing that brings him great joy in his life is when it has something to do with sex."

She shook her head. "You're wrong, Eloise." She aimed her champagne flute at me, saying, "You're what makes him smile and happy and what makes him act like a normal human being. Because when the two of you aren't playing around upsetting one another, he's just like Rory, Hudson, Greyson, and Jace. I won't even mention Aaron because he also needs a wake-up call. But this isn't about him; he doesn't have issues he needs to deal with and accept. He's just Aaron, being the playboy he's always been since his school years. Whereas you and Callum are too much alike, where you have lots to discover about yourselves and also to see, finally, that you two are totally meant to be together."

At last, just as I suspected. Isabelle finally told me the truth about her intentions with whom she and her hubby-to-be have been up to—she and Rory are working together to set up Callum and me.

***

Since the color of our bridesmaid dresses was peach, and I knew they'd go well together, I wore the jewelry Callum had given me. I felt the white diamonds and emerald stones offered warmth against cool and bright against the dark. And since I've heard that emerald is a color associated with wealth and royalty. With it also giving you the feeling of luxury and elegance, and how Callum has made me feel like royalty lately, I wanted to feel like the woman he had me feeling this week.

When Callum sees me for the first time, dressed up, my hair in an updo, wearing the jewelry he spent way too much on, exposing my neck, I want to see if he'll amorously look at me. I know by spending time together this week, we've grown closer, and I may not see it, but according to Isabelle, she and Rory feel that Callum has fallen hard for me even though he won't admit it.

So I'm curious to see if I can get that look of love they all claim to see from Callum when he sees me, takes me in his arm, and guides me down the aisle.

After preparing Isabelle to walk down the aisle and ensuring she looked perfect, the girls and I headed out to find our partners and line up. And when I found Callum shooting the breeze with the guys and headed toward them, Aaron took a double take when he saw me, whistled, and repeatedly smacked Callum's arm, trying to get his attention.

Callum looked at Aaron perturbed, but that expression soon changed when Aaron's hand raised, and he pointed his finger at me; Callum followed the direction of his finger pointing, and when his eyes locked on me, the look I hoped to see, I saw. And it caused the butterflies in my belly to erupt in a frenzy. So much so that they quickly flocked their way to my core, causing excitement in my panties—moistening them.

He pushed away from Aaron and took long strides to get to me. And when he did, his hand flew to his chest, and he stopped short of me to take my look in. "Wow, Eloise... you look... you look—" He shook his head when the words he wanted to say wouldn't come out. Then finally, he spit out in awe, "You look fucking incredible. Breathtaking is more like it."

"Thanks." I looked him up and down, swallowed hard at how sexy he looked, and returned the greeting with, "You don't look so bad yourself. Who knew you could clean up nice where you don't look like a clown," I teased, feeling like going back to our old ways of insults. Because the man looked so amazingly handsome, I didn't want to give him too much praise where it would give him an ego and let it go above his head.

He closed the gap between us, then pulled me in for a domineering kiss—acting possessive while letting every man nearby watching our interaction. And eying me like I was a piece of candy they'd love to devour, that they were to keep their hands off me—taking his claims on me—most likely because I don't have that specific gem on my ring finger that tells everyone I'm unavailable. He still has no right to. But I will give him this day to act as he wishes to with me since I'm wearing the beautiful expensive hardware he gifted me for whatever reason.

Callum's mouth broke from mine and trailed his lips to my ear, sending jolts of electricity to course through my entire body when he said, "Remember, Ellie. You're mine."

"Oh, that's right. I forgot how much of a caveman you are. Don't worry. I have no plans to do anything that will get your panties in a bunch."

"Aaron also had been warned to keep his hands and eyes off you."

"Why would you do that? Is there something I should know?" I challenged him, wanting to know what the two had discussed about me because something hit me when I was heading to see Callum. I remember seeing a man having dinner alone at the restaurant when I went on a date with Mason.

The more I think about that night and the face of that man having dinner alone, when I looked around the room to see who had handed the waitress a small box to give to me, I now realize it was Aaron who was there on behalf of Callum.

Fucker...

"Because he seems to think I'll share you with him."

Being the brat he claims I am and one I know he looks forward to me being so he could have fun with me, I wanted to rile him up and responded humorously yet cheekily, "Since we're not officially a couple, maybe I want you to share me with him." Then, when the coloring of his iris darkened with anger, I jokingly added, "Nobody asked me what I wanted, what I'd be willing to do, or how far I'm willing to go."

His eyes flashed over me, and then he returned his gaze to me. Then, with annoyance in his tone, he said, "We'll discuss this later. They're waving for our attention, letting us know they're ready to start."

Knowing what I said irked him, that I got under his skin, and that my response would make him stew the rest of the day, amusement entertained my lips, causing them to curve friskily into a gratified smirk. "Sounds good."

Callum's arm entwined with mine, and as he guided me to where we were supposed to be, Callum showed how possessive he was of me when he held me firmly against his side.

"All right, caveman. Now's your time to shine," I teased when it was our turn to head Rory's way. I know I was playing with fire with Callum, but I didn't care. I was having fun seeing him aggravated because I knew what came next—punishment. Something he hadn't done with me in days. And I missed seeing the savage beast become unhinged.

And I hate to think this, but I also miss bickering with Callum through emails. It brought me great joy telling him off and seeing his responses.

As we strolled toward Rory, I held my smile while Callum quietly unloaded on me. "I mean it, Eloise. Behave today. We're here to support our best friends and enjoy our time, not to piss each other off. So no trying to enrage me by flirting with whomever you find to mess my mind with."

"Yes, daddy," I hissed through my smile just as we approached the altar. Then as I turned to head to my spot, Callum's hand gripped mine, and like a caveman, he pulled me to him, tilted me backward, and planted a hard kiss on my lips as if it was us who were getting married. The attendees, Rory and Isabelle, flew to Hawaii—all two-hundred people or so clapped, whistled, and laughed at Callum's out-of-line shenanigans.

"Asshole," I groaned when his lips left mine, and he stood me upright.

I felt my face redden when he winked above his smirk and, before turning to stand by Rory's side when he said, "You know you loved it."

I didn't want to show my loathing for what he had just pulled, so I faked a smile instead of snapping at him and took my place on Isabelle's side like a good girl. But it still didn't stop me from occasionally giving him the stink eye. Primarily because any time I looked his way, I caught him eyeing me, which had me feeling his eyes were on me the entire time instead of watching Rory and Isabelle.

I suppose I'm just as guilty for looking at him, but I couldn't help it. Nevertheless, the difference between him and me was that I wasn't focusing on who wasn't getting married—he was.

Then when the ceremony was over, and it was Callum's and my turn to head to the newlyweds, instead of him entwining his arm with mine, he lifted me in his arms and smiled like a Cheshire Cat as he bridal style carried me to Rory and Isabelle.

"Are we having fun horsing around?" Rory asked when we approached him and Isabelle.

I looked at Isabelle and groaned, "I told you he can't help himself. The man is nothing but a damn jester."

Callum lowered me to my feet, still smiling like the asshole he is, teasing, "I resemble that remark."

"At least you admit it," I bantered.

"Now I'm curious to see how you two will be during the reception," Rory quipped, chuckling.

Callum playfully slapped his hand to Rory's back, then rested his hands on his shoulders and shook him, grinning widely. "We'll be on our best behavior." He looked at me. "Ain't that right, Ellie."

"I know I'll behave. As for you, I can't say for sure because I know you won't."

Callum won't behave himself because the man still insists I'm his girl, and if he sees a man confront me, asking for a dance or if he could buy me a drink, I know he'll come unglued and make a scene that'll embarrass me and where it'll bring us back to where things were before the wedding—enemies.

***

And just like us girls thought the guys would do, they did. When the D.J. played the bridal party's entrance song, I'm Too Sexy, and he introduced the bridal party, couple by couple, every one of the guys removed their jackets, handed them to their partners, and then provocatively unbuttoned and removed their shirts, twirling them in the air before tossing their shirts to their partners.

And being the alpha guy Callum is and continuing showing I'm off limits when our introduction finished, he lifted me, threw me over his shoulder, and then slapped and squeezed one of my ass cheeks.

"Was that necessary?" I hissed as he walked me over to the head table.

"Yes," he answered proudly, "it was."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever floats your boat, continue doing because it makes you look more like an idiot."

Isabelle and Rory had the perfect weather for their wedding. The sun shone brightly, and the air was warm and balmy, not too hot or cold, with minimal wind and no clouds in the sky. It was a perfect day to marry on the beach.

And while Isabelle and Rory stood at the altar, the sounds of the seabirds flying above us and the ocean's waves enveloped me in relaxation. It was soothing, and it helped unwind me from worrying about all the mischief Callum would come up with during the reception.

Isabelle's a stunning bride. Her out-of-this-world dress made her look stylish, confident, and gorgeous. That when her father walked her down the aisle, I couldn't help but shed a few tears.

She wore a column shape, silky, fitted silhouette dress with a plunging, paneled bust and a daring low-back that showed her perfect dimples of venus. The dress also featured an abstract pattern with a dimensional contrast of matte and pearlescent thread that shimmered beautifully in the light. And a magnificent train to draw the eyes of everyone gawking at her.

She was so damn beautiful that I teared up again when she finally found her seat at the table beside me.

"Why are you crying?" Isabelle asked, looking at me as if she was worried Callum said something wrong to me.

"Because you look so damn beautiful today. And I love that my best friend finally married the love of her life. I'm so happy for you and Rory that it makes me emotional."

She pulled me in for a hug, then laughed as she said, "Just think, Eloise. You'll probably be the next one to say I do..."

Yeah, I don't think so.

Getting married isn't in the cards for me right now.

Instead of raining on her parade, I didn't respond to her comment. Instead, I practiced the speech I'll be giving soon, all while gazing at everyone trying to find their seats. And I guess I'd catch myself occasionally gawking at Callum.

He looked too damn sexy that I couldn't ignore worshipping his good looks.

After eating our meals, I was handed a microphone to give my speech. And when I eyed Callum, he had a look of worry in his eye. And I had to laugh. That look on his face meant he was unprepared to give a speech. So now I can't wait until it comes time for me to pass the mic onto him. And see how fast he can come up with something. Because he doesn't write his speeches for work—I write those for him.

So this will be fun and exciting to see.

I stood, bringing the mic to my mouth, and got everyone's attention when I began saying, "Aloha, everyone," everyone returned the Hawaiian greeting. Then I continued, "thanks for flying to Hawaii to attend my best friend Isabelle's and her best friend for life, Rory's wedding."

I looked at Isabelle and grinned.

"... for those who don't know me, I'm Eloise, and Isabelle and I have been friends for about sixteen years. We met just before the start of our ninth-grade year when I first moved to Chicago."

She will probably kill me for what I'm about to say. But whatever... she'll live.

"... I was out walking the neighborhood, wanting to familiarize myself with the area and to get some fresh air, when I entered a park and spotted a nice Ford Mustang Convertible. Because it was a new car and one of my favorite cars at the time, I headed over to it to check it out. I caught a young couple fooling around inside it when I got there."

Isabelle tried hiding her face after it turned red, and Rory chuckled, leaning to her to whisper something.

The attendees also got a laugh. Especially when I said, "They were naked, mind you... and before anyone freaks out, I want you to know it was at night," I added after seeing some eyes widen.

"... Isabelle panicked after I caught them fooling around, begging me not to call the police, and she tried bribing me with money not to say anything, letting me know Rory would get in trouble since he was eighteen and she was fifteen. I never took the money, and I never called the cops. What happened that night was the start of our friendship, and where we became inseparable."

I looked at Rory, saying, "Rory is Isabelle's person. He does everything you can possibly think of for her and does everything he can to ensure she's always happy—it's what he's done for as long as I've known her. He treats her well. And I love how he treats her like she's a princess. After all these years of you two being together, I'm glad you finally decided you couldn't live without each other, and I'm forever grateful you chose me to help make this night possible."

I stood behind and between the beautiful couple, looking down at them, adding, "And now I cannot wait to see you two bring an offspring to the world because I know you two will make the most beautiful babies."

I looked at Callum, grinned at him, then returned my eyes to the crowd. "I have a couple more things to say before I hand the mic over to Callum, the menace. And that is, Rory and Isabelle, the greatest thing you'll ever learn are to love and be loved in return. Love also recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, and penetrates walls to reach its destination full of hope."

I reached for my champagne flute, lifted it in the air, and said, "Love is a friendship that has caught fire, so may your love burn bright for years to come. So here's to my best friend and her new best friend, may 'for better or worse' be far better than worse. I love you guys. Congratulations!"

There was so much more I wanted to say, but had I, we would have been there all night instead of celebrating the lovebirds.

I stepped over to Callum to hand him the mic, and when he took it from me, he pulled me in for a kiss. "What is your deal tonight?" I muttered when he broke from my mouth, smiling like he had drunk an entire bottle of scotch whiskey.

He leaned to my ear, saying, "I can't help it; you're a fucking knockout today—so drop-dead gorgeous that your exquisite beauty is throwing me off my game today."

I looked into his eye and poked his chest, saying, "You were all worried I wouldn't behave myself. It's you who isn't behaving. I just may use those nipple clamps on you again tonight if you continue acting like a possessive moron." I grinned. "Now, use your brain and heart to say your first speech on your own."

He's going to choke. I just know it.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! 🤞🤞

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Dark Sand Von RMRayne

Aktuelle Literatur

38.5K 1.1K 44
He put his hand on mine, stopping me from signing. "I need you to take this seriously. This isn't a game. This isn't a movie. If you sign this, your...
363K 5.1K 41
MATURE CONTENT, +18 ONLY When Andy starts a complex and steamy love affair with her new boss, she discovers there's more to his arrogant facade than...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
170K 12.7K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...