'Unforeseen'

By DrewJoss

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to... More

Preface
Chapter 1: Andro
Chapter 2: Andro
Chapter 3: Andro
Chapter 4: Lois
Chapter 5: Lois
Chapter 6: Lois
Chapter 7: Lois
Chapter 8: Andro
Chapter 9: Lois
Chapter 10: Andro
Chapter 11: Lois
Chapter 12: Andro
Chapter 13: Lois
Chapter 14: Andro
Chapter 15: Lois
Chapter 16: Andro
Chapter 17: Lois
Chapter 18: Andro
Chapter 19: The 25th of January
Chapter 20: The beginning.
Chapter 22: The Comments..
Chapter 23: Reasons..
Chapter 24: The first meeting..
Chapter 25: I want to Quit..
Chapter 26: Pieces of the past
Chapter 27: Be Careful to Whom You Trust.
Chapter 28: The preparation...
Chapter 29: Love is...
Chapter 30: Communications.
Chapter 31: To love is Forever.
"The Author's interview"

Chapter 21: Critics and Supporters

16 5 1
By DrewJoss

Lois...

Two months of being in a relationship with Andro is a blast, we are still sharing so many things in the Lord as our priorities but now we also shared dreams, preferences, desires, and even plans for the future. I can say being with him is a blessing, we have this long-distance relationship but it doesn't change the fact that our feelings for each other grow each day, we talked more now on video, and write more on skype or messenger, and all seems alright and goes as we wanted.

As a new couple, we also discover more of ourselves that even being best friends before we don't discuss, like past relationships. In his case,  I knew a little of his past but I never asked the name of the lady or any details about her, because, for me, I don't have anything to do about it, although nobody knows that I have been very clever with him. Yes, we are already in a relationship, engaged as he puts on Facebook status but I always remind myself not to totally fall in love with him, because aside from the fact that we have not seen each other yet, there are too many criticisms I heard around, even my manager was super against about it.

"Lois, be very careful with him, he is very
far from you, he travels a lot, there he can meet many beautiful ladies and you here what will you know?"

"He is different. He is a man of God, a believer, and he is aware that if he did something wrong, he would not only be accountable to me or to other people, but also to God, and I have trust in him".

"I've encountered a number of women like you who have a foreign boyfriend; he came here, got her pregnant, and what happened after that? She was abandoned by her boyfriend while she was pregnant. I do not want that to happened with you".

"No, ma'am, don't worry. I am very convinced in myself that I will not consent to premarital sex. If he wants, that implies he is not for me. But I doubt this is the case"
I reasoned out but she was not convinced. Every day she's been grumbling about this matter until one day, I talked to Andro about it.

"What makes her say that?"_ he was upset.

"Because lots of cases like that here in the Philippines and I understand her point, I told you this for you to be aware"_I explained

"I don't like her remarks, and I don't need her approval either"_ I can sense that he was really upset which I also understand because maybe he felt being judged without knowing who he really is.

" Just forget it" _

"I don't want this to affect our relationship, I don't want this to make you doubt my intention and love for you"_

"It will not, I trust you and I know you fear God"_

After assuring him that these comments will not affect me, only then did he calm down.

If we received criticism, we also receive lots of supports especially from my family, the only thing is that in a short period, I gain fame from all Christian localities that we knew. Many people want to know who I am, and who I was. Many people sent friend requests, and scroll my Facebook profile because they all want to know what kind of woman Andro chooses.

Many messages I receive wanting to know me more, and all of these start affecting me but I always hold in my heart the security I felt for this relationship in the Lord.

___________________
May 2015...

Andro's parents were scheduled to visit the Philippines, and two weeks before they will depart back home, Andro will come over to meet me in person.

"Are you excited to see me?"_  he asked one day we were chatting with each other.

"Yes, I do"_ even though I started to get nervous inside.

"I hope once you see me, you will not change your mind and break up with me"_ he said the same words that were exactly on my mind.

"Why is that? but can I tell you the same?"_

"No, I will never change a heart"_he said sounding very sure.

"Don't be so sure. We will see"_

"Are you doubting?"_he asked

"I have been telling you that I am not beautiful"_

"Well, for you to know that you are the most beautiful woman for me. Never doubt that"_

"Ohh, that's so sweet, I guess you are blind but I really do hope that you will not change your mind"_

"And I will not. You know that I love you so much"_ he knew how to get me, just a simple "I love you" from him already melt my heart.

"Sincerely, I've been wondering all along, How can you love me?"_

"Well, I cannot answer you fully in that but what I know is, it's God who put this love in my heart"_ this is his last chat before he went to bed. Knowing how he was when we first started chatting to each other, I completely agree with what he said.

________________
The day of his parent's visit came, and there was one other couple with them who was from Florida and some Filipino couples from other localities here in the Philippines.

Everyone wants to see who is Lois Castro until one of the husbands asked brother Jou.

"Brother is that Lois?"

"Which one brother?" Answered by brother Jou

"The one brother Val was talking to"

"No, that is Beth, my fourth daughter"

"Ohh okay"

"There, that is Lois," Brother Jou said pointing to me, I was washing dishes when they arrived.

"Is that one?" the brother asked in disbelief

"Yes, my oldest daughter," Brother Jou told him.

"Whattttt? so it's your daughter?"

"Yes," my father gave a small smile to the shocked brother while winking at me. I kept my mouth closed because I know what will happen next, indeed once the brother left my father's side, I started to see their wives coming to check me, looking at me from head to foot and then from foot to head. I smiled awkwardly at some of them though inside I want to shrink.

The visit lasted five days, and during that five days I have never spoken to any of Andro's parents, I even felt so ashamed to be seated next to them. But on that Sunday the last day before their departure, right after our church gathering finished his father stood up.

"Hello everyone, perhaps all of you know already that one of the ladies here captures the heart of my son....." he has not finished talking yet the young people's reaction started to erupt by saying "Oyyyyyy" looking at me, I felt honored yet terribly ashamed to be in the spotlight. Brother Val smiled and waited for a little for them to calm down before he continued "So for this reason my son is coming Monday next week. We will depart tomorrow from here but is it okay for you if we will come back here again with him once he arrived?" he asked to everybody.

"It's our honor brother. Yes, it's okay for us" one of my oldest uncles answered. 

"Thank you. It settled then. See you in one week with my son" he said before he sat down again.

******
After the meeting, all my lady's cousins come to me squealing.

"So romantic," my cousin Jean said dreamily.

"You are so lucky Lois. Look it's his father, himself informed everybody about you and Andro," my other cousin said.

They talked more but I was not able to be with them longer since sister Nelly Ann, called me.

"Enjoy. Your, future mother-in-law, wants to talk to you" one of them teased me. When I stood up to be with sister Nelly.

"Are you okay? those ladies did not harass you?" she asked smiling when I reached where she sat.

"Yes, I am fine and those girls were only teasing me"

"That's good to hear, that is normal, it happened to everybody so be strong" she was smiling at me. She looks beautiful with her floral blouse and brown skirt, nobody will think that she is already in her 60 years.

"Thank you, sister, Nelly"

"Oh, welcome! Anyway, I am so happy to know that you finally resigned from your previous job, they were exploiting you" she said.

"Yes, I am very happy to be here"

"Indeed. Actually, I called you because I want to talk to you. Is it okay?" she said smiling beautifully while I felt my heart hammering inside.

"Yes" I answered briefly.

She put her hands over mine and smile warmly.

"Are you excited to meet your betrothed?" she asked.

I was staring at her warm and smiling eyes. She is very beautiful, like a walking mannequin, with her green eyes, long pointed nose, thin red lips, and flawless skin, at her age she can still be a model. Indeed they were right she can compete for Miss Universe when she was younger, and with her height and beauty, she can easily win it.

"Are you?" she asked once again, and I suddenly realized that I had been gazing at her for some minutes already.

"I-i'm quite nervous," I told her sincerely

"Oh, don't worry since he is also quite nervous. She laughed and continue, "I'll be frightened if neither of you feels any nervousness. "But I want to ask you more questions. Are you ready to accept for whatever he is?"

"Yes, but may I ask what you mean about whatever he is?" I wanted to be know why she asked that question.

"What I mean is, Andro is a very shy person, but once he feels comfortable with you he can be a teaser too, and you know he is a thin man. I don't know if you are looking for a man with six-pack abs" she said smiling.

"Oh no, I am not looking for someone like that,and seeing Andro on video call he is not too thin also. In terms of being shy, I guess I am timider than him, as long as there was no lie from all that he said. I trust in God that we can make it work."

"No, no.. Andro abhors lying. I don't even recall the last time he spoke a lie because he was too young at the time. However, it's helpful to know your thoughts on these issues.

"Yes, I understand"

"But you, don't be shy with your boyfriend. This is your time to know him more, okay? remember always, he is your boyfriend, he is your man, and he loves you so try to overcome your shyness. I hope you understand what you mean"

"Yes, thank you, Sister Nelly," I told her appreciatively. And I truly understand what she means, it doesn't mean for us to know each other sexually but to know more as a person.

"You are welcome," she said standing up as people start calling us for lunch "Be ready for next week," she said again before she left.

Next week!!!! whatttttt???

Finally, my mind start processing.

A/N: Here we go... we will see what will happen if the two timid people will finally meet each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 412 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺...
67.7K 2.1K 21
In the beginning she was alive, her soul bare for this man, loved him with every fiber of her being. She was willing to give up everything that she h...
217K 15.9K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...
52.8K 2.2K 43
We make promises to our loved ones to assure them that they are really important to us and we will cherish them forever. Are we able to do that?? Wit...