COSMIC LOVE | TOMORROW

By Manon_Dixon_Jones

" ꜱᴏ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴀᴍᴇꜱ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ. " NETFLIX'S "TOMORROW" Li... More

𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘋𝘜𝘊𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕
𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘠𝘓𝘐𝘚𝘛
𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖 𝘐
𝘡𝘌𝘙𝘖 𝘐𝘐
𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌
𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙
𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌
𝘚𝘐𝘟
𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌
𝘗𝘈𝘙𝘛 𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘓𝘝𝘌
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘐𝘝𝘌
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕
𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖

𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌

1.2K 73 3
By Manon_Dixon_Jones

"  ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜱᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ.  "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seo-Yun appeared in Ryu Choi-Hui's home right behind Jun-Woong who walked forward into the kitchen. Seo-Yun spotted the Living human sitting by the kitchen counter and fought the smile when she saw the woman's eyes light up at the sight of Jun-Woong.

"You're back." She said and Jun-Woong smiled before looking back at Seo-Yun, who stepped out from behind and walked forward.

"Hello, Ms Ryu. I'm Yo Seo-Yun." She greeted politely, Choi-Hui's eyes widened and she looked at Jun-Woong in shock.

"Y-You're Seo-Yun." She repeated in awe and Jun-Woong had to bow his head to hide the wide smile at the woman's shock. Seo-Yun awkwardly smiled and nodded her head.

"Jun-Woong told me you wanted to meet me before you return." Seo-Yun explained, Choi-Hui grinned and nodded her head.

"He's right, he told me about all of you but your story and character piqued my interest. I don't want to overstep, but may I ask you a few questions?" Seo-Yun let out a laugh before walking to sit next to the woman while Jun-Woong made his way to the other side of the counter to prepare food.

"Fire away," Seo-Yun said and Choi-Hui smiled before asking her questions. Jun-Woong would pipe up every now and again when Choi-Hui asked Seo-Yun questions like 'how did you meet Jun-Woong' or 'What is it like as a manager of the escort team' Seo-Yun happily gave the other woman the answers to her question and told her stories about herself. Soon the conversation between Seo-Yun and Choi-Hui ended and Seo-Yun silently watched with a small smile as Jun-Woong conversed with the other woman.

"I do have a cooking certificate, but...I got it just to put it on my resume." Jun-Woong said and Seo-Yun smirked and leaned closer to Choi-Hui.

"He means, he's been told his cooking is bad, horrible even," Seo-Yun whispered to the other woman who stifled her laughter. Jun-Woong turned to them and Seo-Yun quickly moved and pretended as if nothing happened.

"But they say what's important is that you make it with love, right?" Jun-Woong continued and Seo-Yun pulled a face.

"And that it takes good." She mumbled under her breath, Jun-Woong sent her a glare to which she just smiled inoccently and motioned for him to continue.

"I made it with a lot of love, try it." Seo-Yun watched as Choi-Hui grabbed her chopsticks and smiled before lifting the food to her mouth but before she could try it Ryung-Gu came in.

"No, don't eat it!" He exclaimed but it was too late and Choi-Hui ate it, Seo-Yun watched in amusement.

"It's good." Choi-Hui said. Jun-Woong glanced at Seo-Yun proudly which caused the woman to roll her eyes.

"She says it's good. Do you want to try it?" Jun-Woong gloated and teased his friend. Seo-Yun momentarily forgot about their situation and stared at Ryung-Gu expectingly, with the same teasing glint in her eyes as Jun-Woong. Ryung-Gu could feel her amusement and tried so hard not to glance at her, knowing he'll melt the moment he sees her honey eyes.

Seo-Yun stifled her laughter as she watched Ryung-Gu hesitantly and reluctantly try Jun-Woong's food. Ryung-Gu turned to Ms Koo in shock and surprise.

"It's actually okay." He admitted and Seo-Yun let out a breathy laugh and shook her head in amusement.

"Come on, hurry up and set the table already." Jun-Woong laughed at Ryung-Gu. Seo-Yun let herself softly smile at Ryung-Gu before looking away and standing up to help Ryeon set the table with Choi-Hui following close behind. Ryung-Gu was left with Jun-Woong who stared at him.

"What?" Jun-Woong look at his friend before glancing to where Seo-Yun had disappeared to.

"You can't hold yourself back from her, you know that right?" Ryung-Gu sighed and chewed softly on his lip, and Jun-Woong smiled at his friend.

"You may be trying to protect her, but you're only getting in your own way from your happiness and hers. You're her happiness, remember that Mr Lim." Jun-Woong said. Ryung-Gu sighed before looking at Jun-Woong.

"Let's get this food ready." After Ryung-Gu's words, neither of them spoke about it any further. Not long after Seo-Yun sat between Ryeon and Choi-Hui just as Jun-Woong brought the last dish.

 "Now that I think about it, have we ever had a meal together as a team?" Jun-Woong asked as he sat down.

"We had that drink one time outside," Ryung-Gu answered and Jun-Woong nodded.

"At that pojangmacha right? The one Seo-Yun goes to?" Seo-Yun looked up and glanced at Ryung-Gu who cleared his throat slightly and nodded.

"So we drank but never ate together. That is a bit weird." Everyone let out a little laugh at that. Jun-Woong looked at Ryeon and Seo-Yun as they took a bite of their food, Seo-Yun glanced at Ryeon who looked over at Jun-Woong with an impressed look.

"This is actually good." Jun-Woong smiled at look at Seo-Yun expectingly, the woman raised a brow and rolled her eyes.

"It's not completely horrible," Seo-Yun said, lying through her teeth because it was really good. Jun-Woong rolled his eyes and pointed at her with his chopsticks.

"Can't you ever be nice? Just for once?" Seo-Yun pretend to think about it before looking at him with an expressionless face.

"No." Seo-Yun's deadpan answer caused Choi-Hui to let out a laugh while the other two reapers looked between the two friends in amusement. The sound of her laugh caused Seo-Yun's facade to crack and she smiled, Jun-Woong sent Seo-Yun a pout to which she returned with a smirk and a wink causing the man to break and chuckle.

"Sitting at a table and eating together like this is joy too.." Choi-Hui suddenly stared and Seo-Yun looked at the teary-eyed women softly.

"So why have I lived, always giving up on these things?" She questioned and Seo-Yun silently looked at her.

"Stop blaming yourself. You need to be reverent before food." Ryeon reassured Choi-Hui and Seo-Yun placed her gloved hand on top of Choi-Hui's and squeezed softly, the younger woman sent her a soft grateful smile. After that everyone began eating while sharing stories and laughter, but the whole time Ryung-Gu kept his gaze on Seo-Yun as he felt waves of her amusement and happiness rock through him. Ms Koo's words came back to him and he wondered.

Can I actually let her go when she's the only thing I need?

Seo-Yun soon said her goodbyes after checking the time. Choi-Hui came up to her and pulled her into a hug to which  Seo-Yun tensed briefly before reciprocating.

"Thank you for meeting me and spending time here." Seo-Yun smiled lightly.

"It was my pleasure. Stay strong Ms Ryu, you're time is not over." Seo-Yun whispered and she expected to Choi-Hui to pull away in that moment, but she didn't and her next words shocked her.

"I will, only if you won't let go of whatever you and Mr Lim have." Seo-Yun pulled away slightly and looked at her with surprise in her eyes. Choi-Hui smiled knowingly and nudged the reaper.

"He was staring at you the whole time, he's completely in love with you." She whispered and Seo-Yun snuck a glance at the man in question to see him conversing with Jun-Woong.

"Promise me." Seo-Yun's eyes snapped back to Choi-Hui and Seo-Yun nodded after a moment.

"I promise." She whispered back and after pulling away from the woman, Seo-Yun bowed and sent a smile to the team her gaze lingering on Jun-Woong as Ryeon's words came back to her.

"Today will be his last day here. It would only be right if you are there to see him off as well."

Jun-Woong walked back into the office after cleaning up and helping Choi-Hui with errands.

"Things haven't been so quiet in a while, this is great!" As he walked in Ryung-Gu and Ryeon waited for him with solemn expressions, Ryung-Gu kissed his teeth as he watched Jun-Woong sit down by him.

"I told you that you can't say something like that at work." Ryung-Gu reminded Jun-Woong who paused for a moment, thinking back at that memory fondly.

"Right. Okay, okay." Jun-Woong responded.

"He's going to forget everything he heard here anyway," Ryeon said causing Jun-Woong to look at her in slight confusion.

"Sorry?" Ryeon stood up and faced Jun-Woong.

"Choi Jun-Woong. It's time for you to go back. The Director gave a special order for your return to the Land of the Living." Ryeon explained and Jun-Woong's eyes dimmed, he...He didn't want to go back, not yet.

"Goodbye." Ryung-Gu softly said, Jun-Woong looked at him briefly before letting out an awkward laugh.

"What, so suddenly like this? Without even a going-away party? No ceremony where Reapers stand in line on either side and clap for me?" Jun-Woong asked, standing up. 

"There's nothing like that." Ryeon responded.

"You came here unexpectedly and that's how you'll return too." Ryung-Gu explained. Jun-Woong pursed his lips and shook his head softly.

"But...What about Seo-Yun? I made a promise to myself that I'd help her reach her happiness..." He trailed off as he looked back at Ryung-Gu who looked down at his wrist. 

"You already have." Seo-Yun's voice sounded softly behind Jun-Woong. The tall man turned to see her leaning against the entrance with a soft smile. Seo-Yun walked closer to Jun-Woong and looked up at him.

"You have helped me, and I'll always be grateful for that. But it's time for you to leave and find your own happiness." She softly said and Jun-Woong felt tears appear in his vision. He turned back to Ms Koo.

"So I'm really going like this?" He asked, Ryeon smiled softly.

"Everyone that fate brings together, must part at least once, whether they like it or not." Jun-Woong swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I think I'm going to miss getting chewed out by you, ma'am." Tears shining in his eyes, Ryeon smiled and glanced at Ryung-Gu.

"I wish I had more time to use you how I want." Her words caused Ryung-Gu to chuckle and smile. Ryung-Gu looked down before slowly standing up.

"That reminds me, we never did this properly." Seo-Yun watched with soft eyes as Ryung-Gu and Jun-Woong embraced in a brotherly hug. As they pulled away, Jun-Woong turned his head to Seo-Yun who stood off to the side. He walked up to her with questioning eyes and Seo-Yun knew what he was asking, she smiled and opened her arms. She felt his arms wrap around her shoulders as her own wrapped around his waist and patted his back.

"Thank you. For being by my side Jun-Woong." She muttered against his shoulder. Jun-Woong grinned as he rested his chin on her head before pulling away, Seo-Yun gazed up at her friend with tears shining in her own eyes.

"May we meet again." She whispered and he looked down at the honey-eyed woman, grateful and honoured he had got to know such a good person like her. 

"May we meet again." He repeated back before turning back to his team. He stared at all of them, trying to engrave their faces into his brain so he wouldn't forget. Jun-Woong wanted to go home, he truly did, but the last 6 months had made him feel more happier than his life back in the Land of the Living did. He didn't want to forget them, he didn't want to forget how Ms Koo would chew him out, or how Ryung-Gu would always correct him or how Seo-Yun would tease him. Ryeon looked at Jun-Woong with a smile, pride and sadness in her eyes.

"You did a great job." She said, Jun-Woong took a shaky breath and nodded his head.

"You too, ma'am." He choked out.

"Goodbye, Choi Jun-Woong." Seo-Yun watched with tears in her eyes and a soft smile as Ryeon slowly lifted her fingers and with a single snap, they watched as Choi Jun-Woong disappeared. Seo-Yun let a tear fall onto her cheek.

I'll always remember you Choi Jun-Woong, not as a case, not as 'half and half' but as my friend. One day, when the sun shines bright and the cosmos glows just as brightly, we will meet again. See you later, my dear friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 11 7
jjkxreader (Fantasy au, sageuk au, grimreaper!jungkook, reader, angst, fluff, romance) Prompt: You're early, said the grim reaper with a hint of amus...
32.3K 1K 12
"And maybe in another life, we can try this one more time" lee cheongsan x fem!oc all of us are dead, season 1 (english isnt my first language)
203K 7.1K 33
𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐅 ||ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴇ sᴏᴏᴊɪɴ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴏʀɪɴɢ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ ʙᴜɪʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅᴛʜɪʀsᴛʏ ᴍᴏ...
94.3K 7.4K 18
"𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝖺 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗂𝖼, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗎𝗇𝖿𝗈𝗅𝖽𝗌 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖺 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗌𝖾 �...