Mafia Boss || Song Mingi

By anxb06

It's like Romeo and Juliet but the mafia version of it. Will they both survive death? "Well, we'll see." Ming... More

Prologue
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 1
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 2
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 3
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 4
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 5
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 6
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 7
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 8
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 9
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 10
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 11
πΆπ’‰π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 12
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 13
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 14
Chapter 15
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 18

476 8 2
By anxb06

His gut feeling didn't leave his side, no matter how hard he tried to lie to himself. The whole ride felt odd, especially when Songil wouldn't say where they were going. Every doubt about this "walk" was hunting him, until a notification sound stopped it.
To his surprise, it was his dear Y/n. What a perfect timing!
But the text worsened the feeling!
"Please be safe!"

"Huh? So something is going to happen!" he thought to himself

The ride was quiet and Songil never dared to say a thing, although this was supposed to be a father-son moment. Mingi couldn't take his eyes off the window, he felt somewhat anxious looking his father's way. He was in deep thoughts about what would happen next.
"It's better not looking. What if he's holding a gun and is waiting for me to turn so I'm looking when he kills me? If you don't look then it's never there."
Different thoughts came through Mingi's mind, showing how in his "father" 's presence he wasn't like always, tough nor brave, rather his thoughts showed an inner kid. A kid whose whole life was devoted on making his father proud. But not just any kind of father oh no no no, he was much more than that. He was the kind of father who you'd see since an young age, people kissing his feet. The kind of father that expects perfection and obedience. But on top of these, there was one thing that did make him unique from a whole lot of people, and that was, he'd do anything in his power to remove any obstacles that would come in his way even if they were his flesh and blood. What do you think happened to Mingi's mom, yeah that's right he would do that even to his life partner. But that's a story for another time.

To take his attention away from his thoughts, Mingi started paying attention on the road that the car was taking , and to his surprise Mingi knew where they were heading. After some time, that familiar hill came to view. It was so obvious what Songil was trying to do.  Disgusting!

The car stopped.

"We're here!" came from Songil. "I thought this would be a great place to talk in peace and have a family reunion"

Family reunion?

" Right! " Mingi answered.

As they were leaving the car and heading towards the top of hill, Mingi heard two doors opening and shutting behind him. But he still didn't turn his head only forward he went.

As they were moving forward, the horizon was getting more visible and the top of one particular grave stone was showing. They were here!

"Its been so long since last time I've come here!" Songil smiled softly. He was gazing at that grave so warmly, you would never think he did that to her.

"It's ironic how you look at her so lovingly, when this is your doing." Mingi pointed it out, just to get a laughter out of Songil.

"Well technically Han Jihoon killed her, he was the one that everyone suspects, except for you that was there of course" He went closer to the grave stone and put his hand on top of it.
" Well It was your mother's fault for being all friendly with Jihoon's wife to begin with. Just with one sip of fucking wine and she was all over the place. This woman, ts ts" He shook his head.

" How petty! Killing your own wife just for telling on you." Mingi scoffed. "What are you a fucking kid?"

" Oh no no, I didn't do it because she told Jihoon's wife ." He chuckled " You've got it all wrong. After I caught her ratting out on me, I handled it myself. But if it wasn't for that little girl, nothing like this would have ever happened"

Songil suddenly got angry. You could feel his anger through his now darkened gaze but not only. As the seconds passed and as he got flashbacks of that night, his grip on the gravestone grew tighter. But Songil was quick to catch himself from his madness and came back to reality.

"Little girl?" suddenly came from Mingi.
Since Y/n knew something was up that means the other side does too, It was better to save some time before hopefully the others come.

" It was Jihoon's kid. I don't know how she even got under the table that night" Songil hit the gravestone out of frustration.

"Yo chill what did she even do to you!" Mingi said. Even for a gravestone he had more respect than his so called father.

"She is dead Mingi, god. You should've gotten over it by now. And don't blame me" Songil put his hands on his chest. "If it wasn't for that pissy child, Jihoon wouldn't come looking for her and he wouldn't catch me with his wife's bloody corpse in my hand, but rather I'd have the time to hide it and everything would have gone smoothly" said that as he was coming towards his son.
"We would all be happy and alive, Mingi"
That was it, he finally crossed it

"Oh stop it, with that bullshit, I'm not seven anymore. Christ dad, you killed mom, you can justify yourself all you want, yeah whatever blame the little kid for being under the table, but at the end of the day you chose to kill her. Every vowel you took for her, what, was it just a lie. And people say I'm twisted, look at you. Killing your own wife for what for your ginormous grid. You would stay up every night writing poetry before any kind of anniversary, for fuck's sake-"

"No Mingi look you've-" but it was to late for Songil to say anything, nothing could reach Mingi anymore.

"Shut up! Fuck! What are you trying to say, huh? That you didn't do it? That a flying rock hit her out of nowhere? What, huh? What?! You do remember that I was there and I do remember everything! Did you feel anything when you did that? Did you like the feeling of her blood in your hands? Fuck! Did you even love her? " Mingi yelled as if he never had done before. His bottled up jar finally exploded. Every thought, every bad memory every emotion, everything bottled up in the past 20 years was finally let out. No more turning back, this was it. This was what his child wanted to say in so many years, and he finally did.

"I did fucking love her, Mingi, I did. She was my Persephone, my only Persephone. I fucked up. After she found out about Jihoon's wife she wanted to leave me, I guess you don't remember this part." Songil eyes met Mingi's that were filled with nothingness.

" We got into a fight, and I knew I couldn't change her mind but the thought of her leaving my life was unbearable. I wasn't thinking, I don't even remember what happened, It just did. I only remember her lifeless body in my hand and you across the room. I couldn't turn back in time nor could I bring her back to life. What I could do was only to forget her, so I did"
It felt weird something this sentimental would come out of Songil's mouth. But although everything he said was coming from a vulnerable place, it didn't change anything. He was still going to kill his son. There was no denying it.

"But you know son, things happen and you got to forget them, since the past is the past. But the present, that's where we should focus. Nowadays the people that are the closest to you, must you be focused more. They're close to you for a reason." Songil stopped. The whole vibe had totally changed.

From his spot he started coming towards Mingi closer and closer, until they're shoes touched. His face was so close, you could see his eyes' veins. His dark brown eyes were looking like they were analyzing Mingi's soul. Maybe because he was an inch taller than Mingi, it made him scarier and bigger but no. His overall aura had somewhat changed, you couldn't see it but the feeling it gave would make you believe, you could see it.
It was dark and ominous, like a house full of vultures.
Not so intimidating for Mingi on the other hand. The anger that he was withholding was bigger than an up closed Songil, for now he could only wait and be patient, at the end of the day the cliff was right there and Songil was unarmed.

Silence...
Nothing
But silence...

Songil smiled.

"I heard something about you lately, from a bird!" he started talking. " Oho that bird had some interesting news."

"Yeah?" Mingi raised his eyebrow, tilting his head back.

"Yeah I was shocked too" Songil laughed "It was about this little mouse leaving his sweet family for some cheese that the cats were offering. What a dumb mouse don't you think Mingi"
No reaction received.

"How could a mouse be so ungrateful and just for a slice of cheese he'd be corrupted into leaving his family. That would just lead the little mouse to his death, right? But what do I know right, I'm just a little papa mouse that knows nothing but cheese" The atmosphere got more tense.

"Does It ring any bells to you Mingi?" He asked waiting for an answer.
But anything Mingi would answer, It'd take him to his death. You can't escape death, but you can buy time!

"Nope, nothing comes to my mind right now"

You could see Songil's face switch. His veins got more visible and his eyes turned red. He then did the weirdest thing...he started laughing. The dude finally lost it.
"You really think I'll believe that, you ungrateful kid"

"Yeah no, I don't know what're you talking about, sorry" he just kept playing.

"Fuck! You know I was really thinking of forgiving you after that talk, Mingi, but you just gave it all away. Bravo!" Songil yelled, and then he reached at his back pocket and got his phone. He was going to call someone.

"I'm done, come and get him" he said to the unknown person through the phone.

"Son, hope you have lived a good life or not i don't care" he said while ending the call. " You can try to run away but the whole cliff is surrounded so you can either die from me or kill yourself by jumping. Either way, I have a burden lifted off my back." then he started walking away towards where we came from.

Shit!

• A couple hours ago

"Sir, we got a call from Jeongsu. Mingi's in trouble" one of Jihoon's informers came rushing to his room.

"How bad?"

"They're already stepping ahead to their last step. Killing him sir"
But Jihoon gave no reaction. It was going just like he predicted.

"Where are they heading at right now?" That was the last question he asked, before dialing a number.
"Jisung, get the boys as quick as possible. Mingi's about to get killed. At the cemetery on the top of the hill. Do not cause a scene. Go and be quick!" and he hanged up.

"Doyong, get a room ready. We're having visitors tonight!"

"Yes sir!" the informer bowed and left the room of a very quiet Jihoon. He knew this was marking the beginning of something much bigger.

///

Shit!

"What should I just accept my fate now? Fuck!" Mingi thought to himself.

Behind him was the cliff, on the left and right, Songil's men were waiting to shoot him down and in front of him were Songil's other two men that you could hear approaching him to of course kill him. There wasn't an open path for him to escape alive.
For the time he had left he started looking around, maybe Songil was just bluffing with the cliff being surrounded. Mingi checked his right, slowly sticking his head out to check the terrain, only in a split second to get introduced by two flying bullets just about to hit him.
His heart skipped a beat.

The footsteps were getting louder and louder. They were getting closer. That made Mingi to catch himself and move to the other side, to look.

He stuck only the top of his head, not to risk it, but nothing happened this time. No flying bullets no movement at all. He then just stuck his whole head out. But no one was there, no leaving soul.

*whistling* 

"Did I hear that right?"  Mingi said to himself.

But the whistle was again heard much more louder now!
Something started moving. In the bush the top of someone's head was showing. But Mingi couldn't risk it and pushed himself back.

Then a whisper was heard. Mingi wasn't able to hear it.
The next time the whisper got louder: "Mingi!"

He stuck his head back but this time saw someone, someone he knew. Jisung!

"Come slowly, don't make a sound" he whispered to Mingi.

But just as he was about to take the position to jump , gunfires were heard. Mingi's hand suddenly slipped and ran down the hill in the most painful way. But the gunshots didn't stop, it followed him down the hill but didn't last for to long when Jisung and the others opened fire.

In such a short time the whole area got gruesome filled with blood and bullets . The cemetery was now a battlefield.

But at some point the gunfire finally stopped from both sides. Mingi was finally safe but the future wasn't...

_____________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 663 8
She's haunted by her memories. What happens when they become a reality all over again? Can San save her?
38K 1.1K 42
[COMPLETE] She had a brother that she doesn't know for the rest of her life. Now she need to live with him. What a messed? Read this. [Once you star...
3.5K 155 7
When two worlds collide, Y/n a dedicated government investigator and BangChan the Mafia boss's son.
151K 6.3K 41
a prince, a fearless girl, and a group of pirates. what can go wrong?