The Witch's Destiny || Thrand...

By -aestheteyouth

Violet Potter has been at war for her entire life. It all started almost 27 years ago when Voldemort killed h... More

Cast
DISCLAIMER
Chapter I
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII

Chapter II

4.4K 138 26
By -aestheteyouth

After dinner, Violet was sat in the kitchen with the dwarves, getting to know the few that were in there. They trusted Gandalf, so they knew they could trust her, but dwarves were a secretive people, and she knew they needed to get to know her on a personal level. She opened up about her qualifications, telling them about her brother, Tom Riddle, and Hogwarts. She didn't bother mentioning her childhood. She wanted to keep some things private still, and there wasn't a dwarf who thought to ask.

"So, you're telling me that you have a small wooden stick that can do magic? Why isn't it big like Gandalf's?" Dwalin asked her, looking more relaxed than he had sitting beside her in the dining room.

"Two different kinds of wizards," she replied, "We come from the same source, the Valar, but in different ways and we're supposed to be the protectors of Earth."

"Well, some of you aren't doing a great job," Bofur said to her.

"Yes, well, thankfully, some of us are," she said, "That's my job. I'm an auror, or magical law enforcement. It's like your soldiers or guards. Though, I took some time off to be here. Thankfully that wasn't difficult either, as my twin brother is the head of the department. Thank Merlin for nepotism!"

The dwarves laughed at her joke, and she smiled proudly. Slowly, one by one she was winning them over. It would take some time for their full trust, but they were letting their guard down a little because of her own openness. Classic textbook methods for the win, she thought.

"Can you show us a spell, then?" Bofur asked, being brave enough to want to see it for himself. The other dwarves looked both intrigued and frightened. Without a word, Violet did the levitating spell and lifted a bottle of wine from behind him.

"Excuse me. That is a doily, not a dishcloth," Bilbo said, snatching the object out of Nori's hand as they walked in. He saw the bottle of wine and snatched that out of the air too. "And that is a very vintage bottle of wine!"

"But it's full of holes!" Bofur said, looking confused about the piece of cloth.

"And I had a perfectly good grip on it, Mr. Baggins," Violet said.

"It's supposed to look like that. It's crochet," Bilbo said, before turning to Violet, "Well, you do until you drop the very old and nice bottle of wine!"

"Oh, and a wonderful game it is too! If you've got the balls for it!" Bofur said, and all the dwarves laughed together. Bilbo looked ready to combust as he sat the wine back on the shelf and walked over to the other side of the room before setting the doily on a shelf.

"Bebother and confusticate these dwarves!" Bilbo said, clenching his fists in front of him. Gandalf ducked under the doorway of the kitchen, before coming into the room. He had a faux concerned look on his face and clutched a mug of ale in his right hand.

"My dear Bilbo, what on earth is the matter?" Gandalf smiled at Bilbo amusingly with a twinkle of mischief in his eye. Violet stood up and walked beside Gandalf.

"Now, now, Mithrandir, you know what on earth is the matter with him," she said teasingly, jabbing an elbow lightly into his side. Bilbo ignored her comment, keeping his eyes on Gandalf. He hadn't warmed up to her any more than he had the dwarves. However, she couldn't blame him. They were intruding on his home for Merlin's sake!

"I'm surrounded by dwarves," Bilbo said, clearly exasperated by the day, "What are they doing here?"

"Oh, they're quite a merry gathering, once you get used to them," Gandalf replied. Violet nodded, pointing her thumb at the wizard.

"I don't want to get used to them!" Bilbo said firmly. As they began walking out, she followed them, wanting to know where this was going. "Look at the state of my kitchen! There's mud trod into the carpet. They-- They've pillaged the pantry. I'm not even gonna tell you what they've done in the bathroom. They've all but destroyed the plumbing. I don't understand what they're doing in my house!"

Gandalf leaned up against the door frame as Bilbo was in the entry hallway, using his hands for emphasis as he spoke. Violet leaned around Gandalf and looked at Bilbo, as she said, "I'll fix your plumbing and get that bathroom cleaned up for you, Mr. Baggins."

"That-- That is no place for a lady, believe me, Violet!" he sputtered out, waving his hands again. However, at once, he stilled, looking at her strangely. "Why would you do that?"

"Because your house has been invaded, and this is my way of apologizing for that since I was part of the invasion," she replied truthfully, "Plus, if I need the loo, I don't want to have to go outside. Don't worry, I have my wand. I won't have to touch anything to clean."

Bilbo nodded, swallowing as he looked at the ground. He looked back up, looked her directly in the eye, and said, "Well, then thank you."

Ori saw that the conversation was over and stepped out of the hallway. He said, "'Scuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt, but what should I do with my plate?"

Kili stepped behind her, and his brother Fili stepped out of another hallway. Fili said, "Here you go, Ori. Give it to me."

Gandalf jumped out of the way with exclamation, as Fili threw the plate to Kili. If Gandalf hadn't of jumped, Violet wouldn't have jumped back either and the plate would have hit her right in the torso. Kili caught the plate quickly, spinning around to swing it into the kitchen, where she assumed another dwarf caught it. He continued doing this with plates that came his way, so Violet stayed against the wall.

"Excuse me! That's my mother's Westfarthing pottery. It's over one hundred years old!" Bilbo yelled, pointing at the dwarves throwing it. She watched as Fili bounced a bowl around, and Bilbo leaned over Ori to point a finger into his dining room. "And can-- can you not do that? You'll blunt them."

Violet crawled out of where she was pinned against the wall, now utterly curious as to what was going on. On her way over to Bilbo, she heard one of the dwarves as they said, "Ooh, do you hear that, lads? He says we'll blunt the knives!"

Once she was over to Bilbo, she got off the floor to watch the show go down.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks." Kili sang from his spot.

Fili continued the song, "Smash the bottles and burn the corks!"

All the dwarves joined together in a chorus, "Chip the glasses and crack the plates! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!"

She giggled as Flufflepuff danced up and down the table to the tune, and the dwarves continued to sing and work on cleaning up their mess. Even if they did just barge in and steal Bilbo's food, at least they were cleaning up after themselves. She left to go do the work she promised Bilbo, and she would check in on it one more time before they left in the morning. She opened the door to the bathroom, gagging at the smell that came from it.

"Merlin's saggy balls! What did these dwarves eat to do this?!" Violet exclaimed, plugging her nose. She unplugged it briefly, so her spell didn't accidentally distort itself. "Scourgify!"

She was quick to plug her nose again. Just because the mess left, doesn't mean the smell did. She stepped outside the door, shutting it, and took in fresh air. When a banging came on the door, it was time to stop stalling. She looked towards the hallway, and quickly got to work on fixing his plumbing with a repair spell, trying not to breath. It was only when she was out of the bathroom with the door shut that she took in fresh air again, taking deep breaths to replenish the oxygen she lost. She walked to where the noise was coming from, the main entryway. She stood parallel to the dwarves that were standing at the entry to the dining room and perpendicular to the ones who came from the other way. In front of her, a few feet away, Gandalf stood in front of the door, with Bilbo in front of him, facing towards their new guest.

"Thought as much," Thorin said, turning to look behind him, "He looks more like a grocer than a burglar."

As he turned back to Bilbo, his eyes didn't miss her figure in the doorway and he stilled. Gandalf was quick to step in and introduce her. "Thorin Oakenshield, this is Violet Potter. She is my, uh, assistant on this journey. Violet Potter, allow me to introduce the leader of this company, Thorin Oakenshield."

"You are the heir to the throne of Erebor," she said. He looked at her, his eyes widening and his lip curling, like he couldn't decide whether his surprise or anger was winning. "Mithrandir told me."

"Mithrandir?!" he asked, facing Gandalf quickly, "Did you bring an elf along?!"

"No, Mr. Oakenshield! I did not," Gandalf said, looking positively irritated at having to explain this again, "She is not an elf. She is a witch, hailing from Earth. Mithrandir is what she was taught to call me there."

"Oh," Thorin said, walking closer to her. He was walking like she was the prey, and he was the predator, finding out when to pounce. "What weapon do you use?"

"Well, I have a sword, but I haven't got to learn if I'm any good at it yet," she said, a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Another one who cannot defend themselves. Perfect, Gandalf," Thorin said, looking at the Gray Wizard in disdain.

"Hang on, now. I didn't say I couldn't defend myself," she said. Thorin paused, turning back to her. "I can defend myself with my fists. And... I have my wand."

She gestured to where it was tucked into her leggings, sticking out over her tunic. Thorin looked amused at it.

"That little stick is going to protect you?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. He turned to walk away, going to walk into the dining room, but stopped to turn around. He said simply, "I don't believe you."

"Oh. That's a shame, really," she said, pulling out her wand. She ran a finger along it, keeping her eyes on her wand and not the place where Thorin and some of the dwarves behind him stood. Without warning, she pointed her wand at him. "STUPEFY!"

He flew back into the dwarves behind him, hard enough that it knocked them all halfway across the room. She walked over to where they were in a pile and shoved her hand out at Thorin, offering to help him up.

"It's not the wand that makes the witch, Oakenshield," Violet said, stepping back as he ignored her offer. Once he stood up, he wasn't much shorter than she. He was quite tall for a dwarf, the top of his head coming underneath her chin. Violet's guess was that his royal blood gave him his height. She stepped closer to them, so they were about a foot apart. "The witch makes the wand."

Taking a step to the side, she walked around him, and stepped over the dwarves who were still on the floor, watching the scene baffled. Slowly but surely everyone got over their shock, and they all came into the dining room again. She sat behind Bombur on a stool, while Flufflepuff sat on his shoulder.

"What news from the meeting in Erid Luin?" Balin asked, "Did they all come?"

"Aye. Envoys from all seven kingdoms," Thorin replied, his spoon dipped into his own bowl of dinner. Cheers were heard from around the table, even some from Violet herself.

"And what did the dwarves of the Iron Hills say?" Dwalin questioned, "Is Dain with us?"

Dain, Lord of the Dwarves of the Iron Hills. He was Thorin's cousin, if she remembered correctly from her quick history lesson Gandalf gave her on the trip here. Surely, he'd come. He's family!

"They will not come," Thorin replied gravely. Okay, or not, she thought. Groans and sighs were heard around the table as the dwarves took in this major blow. "They say this quest is ours and ours alone."

Bilbo looked intrigued, and she saw him open his mouth to speak, but she beat him to it.

"Surely your family doesn't intend to abandon you during this time?" Violet spoke up, looking at Thorin. Her eyebrows pulled together, and she looked genuinely distressed at the notion. Thorin looked at her, with raised eyebrows.

"Dain remembers the day that Smaug came. He remembers the destruction that foul beast caused. He does not want to risk the lives of his people," Thorin said.

"Bilbo, my dear fellow, let us have a little more light," Gandalf said. Violet didn't get it. Aside from the Dursleys, her family has never betrayed or abandoned her, especially in her time of need. Why is Thorin's family doing that now? Do they not want Erebor back? Flufflepuff sensed his mother's distress, and let out a squeak before climbing onto her shoulder and nuzzling into her neck. Most of the dwarves were used to Flufflepuff by now, aside from Thorin. She watched as he looked at the Pygmy Puff, tilting his head to the side a little. "Far to the east, over ranges and rivers, beyond woodlands and wastelands, lies a single solitary peak."

Violet stood up and walked over, peering over Thorin's shoulder to look at the map, and said, "It's been prophesied. That's how you knew to gather now."

Gandalf smiled at her, and she looked at Bilbo. Despite his earlier reluctance, he looked very interested in the map and what this quest had to offer. Perhaps Gandalf was right, Bilbo Baggins is the right hobbit for the job.

"'The Lonely Mountain'," Bilbo read aloud.

"Aye, Óin has read the portents, and the portents say it is time," Glóin said firmly, nodding with each word for emphasis. They have a seer within their ranks, she thought. She looked at Óin with curiosity. I wonder how seeing works in Middle Earth.

"Ravens have been seen flying back to the mountain, as it was foretold," Óin said, "'When the birds of yore return to Erebor, the reign of the beast will end'."

That was enough for Violet to fully trust that no matter what, this quest would work out. In her teen years, before she had learned about the prophecies of her and her brother, she thought divination was a silly subject that didn't have much backing. Once those prophecies came to fruition, however, she knew better than to doubt a good, quality seeker. If they prophesied, it was almost certain that whatever they saw would come true.

"Uh... what beast?" Bilbo questioned.

"That would be a reference to Smaug the Terrible," Bofur said, pulling his pipe from his lips, "Chiefest and greatest calamity of our age. Airborne firebreather. Teeth like razors. Claws like meat hooks. Extremely fond of precious metals--"

"Yes, I know what a dragon is," Bilbo interrupted, starting to look a little worse for the wear. Violet smacked Bofur's arm, giving him a look that clearly said to stop, but Bofur was having too much fun.

"I'm not afraid! I'm up for it!" Ori said, shoving his chair backwards as he stood up, "I'll give him a taste of dwarvish iron right up his jacksie!"

Dori pulled his brother down and said, "Sit down!"

"The task would be difficult enough with an army behind us," Balin began, "But we number just thirteen. And not thirteen of the best, nor brightest."

"We may be few in number, but we're fighters. All of us!" Fili said, "To the last dwarf!"

Well, they're certainly good at motivational speeches. One good work is enough to send them all into cheers of happiness.

"And you forget, we have a witch AND wizard in our company!" Kili exclaimed, looking around the table with a bright smile, "Gandalf will have killed hundreds of dragons in his time!"

Chatter went around as the table as Gandalf stumbled through his words, "Oh, well, no. I-- I-- I wouldn't say--"

"How many then?" Dori asked.

"What?"

"How many dragons have you killed?"

"Yeah, Mithrandir. How many dragons have you killed?" Violet teased from her spot behind Thorin. Even Flufflepuff gave a teasing squeak, and jumped off of her shoulder to saunter over to Gandalf on the table.

Gandalf coughed around the smoke from his pipe, unsure how to answer. Dori said, "Go on. Give us a number! You too, lassie!"

Suddenly, arguments broke out around the dwarves. Everyone was yelling about Gandalf and his dragon killing abilities. Bilbo tried getting them to calm down, but to no avail. When Thorin yelled a command, however, the room silenced quickly.

"If we have read these signs, do you not think others will have read them too?" He asked, looking at his kin, "Rumors have begun to spread. The dragon Smaug has not been seen for sixty years. Eyes look east to the mountain, assessing, wondering, weighing the risk. Perhaps the vast wealth of our people now lies unprotected. Do we sit back while others claim what is rightfully ours? Or do we seize this chance to take back Erebor?!"

The dwarves began cheering, and Violet found herself amazed at dwarves. They were stubborn, as Legolas said, but they were also very loyal. They may argue, but they will always have each other's backs, which is more than Earth wizards can say.

"You forget: The front gate is sealed," Balin said, looking at Thorin, "There is no way into the mountain."

"That, my dear Balin is not entirely true," Gandalf said, holding up a key.

Thorin, whose eyebrows were stuck between furrowing and raising, with eyes wide, said, "How came you by this?"

"It was given to me by your father," Gandalf revealed, smiling at Thorin, "By Thrain, for safekeeping. It is yours now."

Gandalf handed the key to Thorin, who took it like he was holding the most precious thing in the world. And to him, it was. It was the key back into his homeland that had been wrongfully stolen from him long ago. Not only was it a literal help, but it was a symbolic hope for all the dwarves around him. It meant they had a true chance, and it was one more problem out of the way.

"If there is a key," Fili started, "There must be a door."

"These runes speak of a hidden passage to the lower halls," Gandalf informed them, pointing at the map with his pipe.

"There's another way in!" Kili exclaimed. Violet snorted, drawing their attention to her.

"Well spotted, Sherlock and Watson," she said and winked at them. Kili's cheeks heated up at the sight of a pretty woman winking at him, and Fili took it in stride, winking back.

"Sherlock and Watson?" Bofur questioned, smoke blowing into her face.

"Detective story from Earth," she said, waving a hand in front of her face, "I'll have to tell you about it sometime."

"Well, Kili, that's if we can find it. Dwarf doors are invisible when closed," Gandalf said, leaning up to look at the young dwarf. He sighs, and Violet just knows he's gearing up for an attempt at convincing Thorin to do whatever plan he's cooked up. "The answer lies somewhere hidden in this map and I do not have the skill to find it, but there are others in Middle-Earth who can. The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth and no small amount of courage, but if we are careful and clever, I believe it can be done."

"That's why we need a burglar!" Ori said, a smile lighting his face up.

"Hmm. And a good one too," Bilbo said, obliviously running his hands up and down his suspenders, "An expert, I'd imagine."

"And are you?" Glóin questioned. Bilbo looked up, still confused. Violet patted her hand on his shoulder and pursed her lips. Great, a hobbit with the brains of Harry James Potter.

"Am I what?"

Óin, mishearing what Bilbo said, exclaimed, "He said he's an expert! Hey, hey!"

"Me? No. No, no, no. I'm not a burglar!" Bilbo said, "I've never stolen a thing in my life."

"Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with Mr. Baggins. He's hardly burglar material. What about Miss Potter?" Balin asked. Violet watched as the entire company turns to her and she scratched her neck.

"Oh, no. Miss Potter's burglary days are long over," Gandalf said, "Though she was quite a good one. She and... a friend stole a very precious artefact from the most guarded bank in her world. It was quite the magnificent feat."

"Well, then why are you not using her?!" Bilbo asked, back to being frantic and waving his arms around.

The dwarves started arguing once more, waving their own arms around, but Thorin was staring directly at her with narrowed eyes. She held that eye contact, making sure never to waver. If she wanted to gain his trust and friendship, then she couldn't back down no matter what. In the end, it was Thorin who looked away. And as much as he was hoping she wouldn't see, she saw the smile he had as he turned away.

All of a sudden, the lights around them dimmed, and Gandalf spoke as he stood up, "Enough! If I say Bilbo Baggins is a burglar, then a burglar he is." Gandalf's words were enough to calm the company down, and even scare them a little bit as he continued, "Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet. In fact, they can pass unseen by most, if they choose. And, while the dragon is accustomed to the smell of dwarf, and even humans, the scent of a hobbit is all but unknown to him, which gives us a distinct advantage. You asked me to find the fourteenth member of this company, and I have chosen Mr. Baggins. There's a lot more to him than appearances suggest, and he's got a great deal more to offer than any of you know, including himself."

Thorin looks around and down at the table before looking to Gandalf. "Well, it seems you decided to go above and beyond and find us fifteenth member for the company as well. Give them both a contract."

The dwarves cheer again, but Balin spoke over them, "It's just the usual. Summary of out-of-pocket expenses, time required, remuneration, funeral arrangements, so forth."

Bofur passes Violet a contract from Balin, while Thorin shoves a contract into Bilbo's chest after gently taking it from Balin's hands.

"Funeral arrangements?" Bilbo questioned with a terrified note in his voice. Gandalf watches as Bilbo leaves the dining room to read over the contract before looking over at Violet.

"Oh, no, Thorin. She will not be needing a contract. If we are to be successful, I need her to go to and fro as I say. Pass that here, Violet," Gandalf said. She does as Gandalf says, reaching over Thorin's head to hand him the contract. Thorin catches her wrist in his grip for a second, looking at the Gray Wizard.

"How am I supposed to let her come with if she will not even sign the contract? I can see she can care for herself, but I will not be responsible for either of them, Gandalf," he said, a stern look in his eyes. He continued to hold onto her wrist.

"And you will not be responsible for her fate, Thorin. That is my job. This is another thing that you just need to trust me on," Gandalf said gently, a soft smile present on his face. Thorin sighed, letting go of her wrist and allowing her to continue handing the contract to Gandalf.

Out in the hall, Bilbo was reading the contract aloud. "Terms: cash on delivery, up to but not exceeding one-fourteenth of total profit, if any. Hm, seems fair. Present company shall not be liable for injuries inflicted by or sustained as a consequence thereof, including, but not limited to lacerations, evisceration, incineration?"

Bilbo looked around the corner alarmed, and Bofur saw his chance to have more fun as he said, "Oh, aye! He'll melt the flesh off your bones in the blink of an eye."

Bilbo whimpered, looking faint. Violet moved closer slowly, so as not to startle him, but if he was going to faint, she wanted to catch him.

"You all right, laddie?" Balin asked, squinting his eyes, and furrowing his brow.

"Yeah," Bilbo said, breathing heavy, "Feel a bit faint."

"Think furnace with things," Bofur said, standing up and leaning towards Bilbo. Violet glared at him.

"Bofur! We want him to stay upright, not fall flat on his face!" she said, clenching her fists.

"Air. I-- I-- I need air." Bilbo was barely making it through his words.

"Flash of light, searing pain, then poof! You're nothing more than a pile of ash," Bofur continued, using his arms for emphasis.

Violet walked closer to Bilbo, grabbing him by the shoulders as he grunted, and said, "Come on Bilbo, let's go get you that air."

He nodded and she began to steer him towards the door staying behind him, but it was only a few steps before he said the word nope and fell into her arms. She looked back at the dining room full of dwarves, and gave a large sigh while looking at Gandalf.

"Oh, very helpful, Bofur," Gandalf said sarcastically, moving to take the hobbit from her.

They all sat back down, chatting happily away at the table while they waited for Bilbo to come to. Violet sat in Gandalf's old chair, stroking Flufflepuff's back as he purred away happily. The Pygmy Puff was always in the best of moods at night, and she made it her mission to ensure he had playtime every night. After getting him, he had never strayed far from her. Pygmy Puffs were rather loyal to the owners, and when she tried to leave him with Fred in her seventh year, he snuck away and made it back into her bag. Neither herself, Fred, or Legolas ever realized until she and Legolas had left The Burrow the night the wedding happened.

"What is he?" Thorin asked her.

"He's called a Pygmy Puff. He's a miniature version of a creature called a 'Puffskein', bred by Fred and George Weasley. His name, however, is Flufflepuff," she answered.

"'Flufflepuff'?"

"At the school I went to, there were four houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. Despite not being in Hufflepuff, I found the name rather funny, because, let's face it. He is rather fluffy."

"Well, what does he do?" he asked.

"He plays, sleeps, eat. About the same as any other pet really, but you can be much rougher with him than say... a dog or a cat. He enjoys being tossed around." Violet looked to the end of the table, where Bombur still sat. "Hey, Bombur! Catch!"

She threw Flufflepuff to him, listening as the Pygmy Puff squealed in delight. The dwarves laughed, and the animal squealed even louder as they all began tossing him back and forth, playing a game of catch. Violet would catch him every time he was thrown to her, tossing h to the farthest dwarf away. Thorin smiled watching his kin have a fun time, for he knew these good times may not last long.

"Why are you here?" he asked her.

"Because Mithrandir asked me to," she answered honestly, "He's a good friend. Ten years ago, when a psychotic killer was hunting my brother and I down, he came to help. From what I understand, you may know a thing or two about psychotic killers. He helped us destroy him, and so if his world is in danger, I'll do anything I can to help him. There's only one way this quest ends, Thorin, and I think you know that."

"War," he said quietly, "I have been aware of the growing darkness over Middle-Earth, though I do not know what it is."

She clapped him on the shoulder. "I am not a naïve little girl, Thorin. I have been through one war in my life, and I have been hunted down. I was hunted down when I was just a baby, and then for my entire school career. You can trust me."

She got up and left the room, going to sit beside Gandalf as he sat on the settee outside of Bilbo's living room smoking his pipe. She sat on it sideways, leaning backwards against his arm, before kicking off her boots and sitting her feet in front of her.

"Bilbo's not coming, is he?" she whispered, not moving to look at him.

"Oh, no. He is, he just doesn't know it yet," he whispered back. For a long time, they sat in a comfortable silence. At some point, the company slowly started to trickle in, and with that came Flufflepuff, who climbed his way up Gandalf's leg, and tucked himself into his mother's neck, using her hair as a blanket. The dwarves began humming a tune that sounded somber. It was quite beautiful and haunting, almost like a song of hoping without much hope.

"Far over the Misty Mountains cold," Thorin began singing. "To dungeons deep, and caverns old. We must away 'ere break of day, to find our long forgotten gold."

More voices joined in, and she could distinctly make our Bofur. "The pines were roaring on the height. The winds were moaning in the night. The fire was red, it flaming spread. The trees like torches blazed with light."

For a while longer, the dwarves continued humming, and it lulled Violet into a deep sleep, especially with the warmth of Gandalf and Flufflepuff near her. When Gandalf went to find his own space to sleep for the night, he gently laid Violet back on the settee, made sure Flufflepuff was secure in her hair, and found a spare blanket to cover her with. He smiled at the sleeping woman, brushing the hair out of her face that wasn't being used as the Pygmy Puff's blanket.

"You really care for her, don't you?" Thorin whispered behind him, on his way to find somewhere to lay for the night.

"Like she's my own daughter," Gandalf whispered back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.5K 141
I do not own The Hobbit or LOTR. The Hobbit is what I based this story off of. A Thorin Oakenshield x OC you might really enjoy like I do, and I wrot...
1.9K 89 22
Ida was never normal. She never understood herself. When she gets sent back home, a certain wizard is sure that the only way for her to return to h...
8.4K 313 21
COMPLETED story with a SEQUEL; "A Permanent Lineage" *Over 34+ chapters overall! "...She had dreamt of what his lips would feel and taste like for...
1.8K 102 18
-𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩...𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚? -𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙... -𝙊𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩? -𝙔𝙤𝙪... ________________________...