Decepticon Island (TF Aligned...

By KentroKreations

Not long after the False Council was defeated, things returned to normal on Cybertron . . . for the Autobots... More

ONE WILL LISTEN
ONE WILL ARGUE
ONE WILL FIGHT
ONE WILL FOLLOW
TEAM BONDING PART 1
TEAM BONDING PART 2
TEAM BONDING PART 3
DOUBT
SEARCH AND RESCUE
PAST DOUBT
INTERVENTION
TROUBLE
SUFFERING FULL CIRCLE
SAVE
BROTHERLY LOVE
SEEKING SPARKS
UNDERGROUND
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
RETRIBUTION
CHAAR
TRANSFER AND TRIAL
LUST, LOVE, AND MISCREANTS
CONFESSION
THE DEER AND THE OTHER WOLF
SETTLING DOWN

FAMILY REUNION

49 2 0
By KentroKreations

Knockout, Starscream, Bumblebee, and Steeljaw follow their rescuers further into the Daytrader. It is a large ship, no doubt about that, but the newcomers can't ignore the glaringly obvious fact that it is constructed from scrap metal.

BUMBLEBEE: Interesting place you got here.

"Like it? My friends and I put it together from scratch! We didn't have all the proper parts, so we had to improvise, but don't worry! I can assure you, it works perfectly!"

BUMBLEBEE: That's always good to know. By the way, thank you for the rescue!

"Of course! Not a problem!"

The autumn-colored mech twirls around on his heel and bows before his guests.

WRECK-GAR: My name is Wreck-Gar of Junkion, and the Captain of this ship! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

BUMBLEBEE: Wreck-Gar? I should've known! I've seen you before, but we never formally met. My name is Bumblebee. I was part of Optimus Prime's team during the War. I only remember because we were on Junkion once.

WRECK-GAR: I remember, too. I'll try not to hold your War against you or the Air Commander.

STARSCREAM: Former Air Commander, actually.

The femme laughs

"By the Allspark, that is rich! Never thought I would live to see the day, but here we are!"

She turns to face Starscream.

"What's the matter, Scream? Too much of a coward to face the past?"

There is a moment of silence.

STARSCREAM: Hello, Slipstream.

KNOCKOUT: Wait, Slipstream? As in the Decepticon Seeker? I thought you were supposed to be offline! The database says you were Killed-In-Action!

SLIPSTREAM: Missing-In-Action. Your information is wrong...

The femme points at Starscream.

SLIPSTREAM: And all because of you. Figured you were lucky enough to be rid of me that easily, were you?

STARSCREAM: Last anyone saw, you were buried under a pile of rubble! As far as we were concerned, you went offline!

SLIPSTREAM: Don't act like any of you were actually concerned! I know we were in the middle of a War, but honestly! Did any of you even bother looking for me?

STARSCREAM: We didn't have a choice! Megatron wanted us to move on! Anyone who couldn't make it had to be left behind! We weren't allowed to look for survivors!

SLIPSTREAM: You could've at least tried!

FODDER: As interesting yet depressing as this history lesson is...

SLIPSTREAM: No one cares for your attitude, Fodder! Be patient!

Starscream fails to silence a snort amusement. He immediately realizes what he has done, and once he hears a blaster powering-up, ducks just in time to avoid being shot. His team-mates are startled by the action. Starscream himself, not so much. He radiates annoyance instead of fear as he turns to face Slipstream.

STARSCREAM: You missed.

SLIPSTREAM: That was a warning shot.

STARSCREAM: Sure it was.

SLIPSTREAM: Are you doubting my ability to kill you?

STARSCREAM: You've been saying that ever since we were created!

SLIPSTREAM: Says the one who's been trying to kill Megatron for a millenia!

STARSCREAM: Don't compare that relationship to ours!

KNOCKOUT: Whoa whoa whoa! Hold up! What relationship? You never told me you had a femme friend, Screamer! Not that I would have believed it.

Both Seekers exaggerate sounds of disgust at Knockout's assumption.

STARSCREAM: Absolutely not! The wretch is my sister, Knockout! And even if she wasn't, no way would I ever want to be with her!

SLIPSTREAM: Well it's certainly not smooth soaring having you for a brother, Scream!

And with that, the siblings are in full argument mode.

BUMBLEBEE: Good job, Knockout.

KNOCKOUT: How was I supposed to know?

Steeljaw facepalms, not saying anything.

FODDER: You don't know much about personal boundaries, do you?

Knockout rolls his optics, but that's about it. They wait a few more minutes before Wreck-Gar and Bumblebee have to intervene and are back on their way. Fodder breaks away early to go take care of whatever he needs to do.

---

Surprising the newcomers, the large, wide open space of the bridge is lacking doors.

KNOCKOUT: Why is this ship, you know, lacking in high-tech security?

BUMBLEBEE: Or any security in general?

WRECK-GAR: To build companionship among the crew! I believe in togetherness!

SLIPSTREAM: Also, it's annoying having to deal with so many doors constantly opening and closing.

Well, part of that makes sense to the newcomers.

"IS HE HERE? IS HE HERE? IS IT TRUE? FODDER SAID... AH! STARSCREAM!"

Like a fireball, the squealing, winged mass of a mech shoots into the room, taking Starscream with him. On the opposite side of the bridge, the new mech jumps to his pedes, clinging tightly to Starscream. His fiery orange, black, and silver frame radiates an intense heat.

"I'VE MISSED YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH!"

STARSCREAM: Sunstorm? Sunstorm, let go!

As the silver Seeker struggles in the other's grasp, his team-mates turn to Slipstream.

SLIPSTREAM: That's Sunstorm, Starscream's twin. They haven't seen each other since way before the War.

BUMBLEBEE: Why?

Slipstream appears unsure, as if she's debating on whether to tell them something or not.

SUNSTORM: SLIPSTREAM! GROUP HUG!

The femme whips around, optics wide.

SLIPSTREAM: What? No! Absolutely not! I am not being forced to be anywhere near Scream!

SUNSTORM: Aw, stop being so grumpy! We haven't seen him and he hasn't seen us in so long!

Slipstream continues to say 'no' as she backs away, trying to distance herself from her brothers.

STARSCREAM: For the love of Primus, Sunstorm!

SUNSTORM: For the love of you, Scream! Slips, wait up!

There is no malice, only joy as Sunstorm chases after his sister while keeping a good hold on his brother. He manages to back Slipstream into a corner, and by the time she realizes it, has added her to the hug.

SUNSTORM: Yay! Together again! Oh, there is so much we need to catch up on!

Sunstorm continues to drown his siblings in infinite affection as he prattles on and on about the three of them. Starscream and Slipstream have resigned themselves to their fate. As for everyone else, this is peak entertainment.

"AHEM!"

In one of the smaller doorways stands a slim yet compact mech around Bumblebee's size, with rust red and white armor, and partly shuttered red/orange optics.

"If I'm interrupting something important..."

SLIPSTREAM: NO!

The femme wrenches herself free and hurries over to the mech.

SLIPSTREAM: Please, for my sanity, stay!

The mech shrugs, then lets his gaze wander over the newcomers.

"I suppose that busted little ship you want me to fix belongs to them?"

SLIPSTREAM: Yes.

The mech hums in acknowledgment.

BUMBLEBEE: Wait, our ship survived?

"Barely functional, but intact. It'll take a while to repair, and even longer before it's safe to take out again, so you will be stuck with us for a while."

BUMBLEBEE: We'll manage. Thank you.

SLIPSTREAM: Yes. Thank you, Dead End.

DEAD END: Just doing my job.

His glances at Knockout.

DEAD END: Something about you seems familiar. Mind telling me your name?

Knockout stutters, not expecting such an observation or question.

BUMBLEBEE: Knockout, his name is Knockout. I'm Bumblebee, this is Steeljaw, and that's Starscream over there.

After the silver Seeker, Dead End's optics spark in recognition. He turns back to Knockout.

DEAD END: Ah, now I remember! Breakdown used to talk about you all the time!

KNOCKOUT: Y...You... You knew Breakdown?

DEAD END: Yeah. Good mech. We were part of Motormaster's Stunticon gang back in the day with a couple other mechs. Anyway, I heard about what happened to him. My condolences. May not have seen him in a long time, but if the two of you were together till the end, I guess I didn't have to worry about him changing much.

KNOCKOUT: T...Thank you. And if it's any consolation, the one who killed him is offline.

DEAD END: Good.

SLIPSTREAM: Is that all, Dead End?

The former Stunticon scans the room once again. His gaze is drawn to Steeljaw.

DEAD END: Looks like you've been having a rough time of it lately.

STEELJAW: You have no idea.

DEAD END: Right. Well, I ain't a doc for the processor, but that doesn't mean I can't fix ya.

STEELJAW: You're a medic?

DEAD END: Legally, no, but I've managed to keep bots functioning. All that matters, right?

The newcomers are uncertain.

SLIPSTREAM: Believe me, Dead End knows exactly what he's doing. He may not have had proper training...

WRECK-GAR: But he does have experience! You should hear all the stories! He has quite the impressive haul of tales to tell!

SUNSTORM: And he's put me back together more times than I can count!

All optics land on Sunstorm, who still clings to Starscream.

SUNSTORM: What?

SLIPSTREAM: The point is that you can trust Dead End.

Steeljaw is hesitant about following a stranger to another part of the ship, away from his team-mates, but this isn't the Tidal Wave anymore. No one here will hurt him. He is safe.

BUMBLEBEE: You okay, Steeljaw?

STEELJAW: Yeah, fine.

Steeljaw joins Dead End and the two mechs leave.

WRECK-GAR: Thundertron tortured him, didn't he?

Bumblebee vents. He faces Wreck-Gar with a solemn expression. The normally cheerful Junkion shares the sentiment.

WRECK-GAR: I'm sorry for what happened to all of you. Junkion was once under Thundertron's control, and we all were on the receiving end of such atrocities. I was relieved when you Autobots stopped to help us, but then the Decepticons showed-up...

BUMBLEBEE: I'm sorry. We didn't mean for you to get involved.

The Junkion smiles and pats the smaller mech on his shoulder plate.

WRECK-GAR: I know.

Bumblebee returns the smile.

STARSCREAM: I'd hate to interrupt, but can someone remove this annoyance from me?

SUNSTORM: But I don't want to leave! I want to stay with you!

STARSCREAM: You can do that without being attached to me.

SUNSTORM: But Scream!

STARSCREAM: Sunstorm, I mean it. Get. Off.

SUNSTORM: Scream...

STARSCREAM: Release me, or I will tear your arms off!

SUNSTORM: Only if you say you know what!

In a flash, Starscream jumps to his pedes.

STARSCREAM: That's it! You're coming off!

SUNSTORM: No! Not unless you say it!

STARSCREAM: I am not saying it!

SUNSTORM: But it's so simple!

STARSCREAM: It's embarrassing!

SUNSTORM: You embarrass yourself all the time!

Knockout and Slipstream completely lose it at that and burst out laughing.

STARSCREAM: Let's see how well you hold onto things without arms!

SUNSTORM: I still have legs!

STARSCREAM: I fragging hate you!

SUNSTORM: I love you, too, Scream!

STARSCREAM: You are so annoying!

SUNSTORM: Now you're just repeating yourself.

STARSCREAM: SUNSTORM!

SUNSTORM: STARSCREAM!

The twins become a writhing mess of claws and wings. Starscream isn't aware that he managed to detach Sunstorm from his frame, as he's a little too preoccupied with trying to strangle him.

"Fodder informed me of our unexpected guests."

Starscream freezes, optics dilating. He recognizes that deep voice. He releases Sunstorm and turns around. Standing straight ahead is a very familiar purple cyclops.

SLIPSTREAM: If they're a problem for you, Shockwave, I can always throw them out.

The only sign Shockwave gives of hearing Slipstream is a twitch of his antenna. The femme, plus Wreck-Gar and Sunstorm, are confused by the stand-off, as they are unaware of his history with Starscream as of late.

KNOCKOUT: Oh! Wreck-Gar, Slipstream, I know we already owe you a lot for saving us, but we need to ask you for a huge favor!

WRECK-GAR: Of course! What do you need?

KNOCKOUT: Well, we really should check our ship's travel data, first. Think we can do that?

SLIPSTREAM: Maybe. How about you tell us this favor of yours while I show you the way to your ship? Or, what's left of it.

KNOCKOUT: Sounds good!

Slipstream leads the way out of the bridge, Knockout, Bumblebee, and Wreck-Gar tailing her.

SUNSTORM: See you later, Scream!

The mech waves to his brother before rushing after the others.

.

.

.

.

.

SHOCKWAVE: Starscream.

STARSCREAM: Hello, Shockwave. You appear to be doing well, since the last time I saw you.

Shockwave's servo clenches.

SHOCKWAVE: If you have something to say, logically, it would be best if you say what's on your processor right now.

STARSCREAM: Sorry. I just... I don't know how to word this.

SHOCKWAVE: You mean to make an apology.

STARSCREAM: Was that a question? That didn't exactly sound like a question.

SHOCKWAVE: More of a statement to progress your processing of information and reaching a timely and logical conclusion, which you will then iterate to me.

STARSCREAM: As an apology.

The silver Seeker mulls over the words and laughs. Shockwave tilts his helm.

STARSCREAM: You are certainly unique, Shockwave. Honestly, I kind of missed that. Never thought I would miss you of all mechs. You annoyed the scrap out of me, drove me mad with how much Megatron preferred you over me.

SHOCKWAVE: That thinking was most illogical, because the way you behaved was also illogical.

Starscream chuckles and approaches Shockwave.

STARSCREAM: You're even insulting me, and yet, I'm not mad.

The silver Seeker stops just in front of the cyclops and smiles a genuine smile. Shockwave's helm tilts even more.

SHOCKWAVE: What is wrong with you?

Starscream laughs and wraps his arms around Shockwave, embracing his old companion.

SHOCKWAVE: It is logical to assume that you severely damaged your processor, Starscream. This is not you.

Starscream's voice is muffled by Shockwave's plating.

STARSCREAM: Oh, shut up, you big lug!

Presently out of his depth, Shockwave remains statuesque while his processor runs a mile a minute trying to decipher what in the name of Primus is going on with the silver Seeker.

STARSCREAM: You know, I haven't stopped thinking about you. The time we spent together. I regret leaving you behind. You did so much for me without complaint, and while I didn't like you...

SHOCKWAVE: You don't like anyone.

STARSCREAM: I do now.

It takes a hot minute for Shockwave to process those three words.

SHOCKWAVE: I beg your pardon?

Starscream pulls out of the hug and takes a step back. He gingerly places a servo on either side of Shockwave's helm, careful not to poke anything sensitive. His red optics are level with the one in front of him.

STARSCREAM: I'm sorry for abandoning you, Shockwave.

.

.

.

.

.

SHOCKWAVE: Apology accepted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 872 22
You and Optimus have been an item for about 2 years, you convinced your parents to let you join NEST a organization that fights Decepticons and is hi...
62.9K 2.5K 44
The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a friend, and a beacon for hope. Jack Darby...
3.6K 126 11
When Autobots are disappearing Optimus Prime asks Starscream for help. Now after being sent to Earth the Seeker must lead a team of former Con's to f...
50.5K 1.2K 21
When the bots go on a mission a relic reveals their human side. They will face humanity's every day pain. Will they stay in this form, or will they f...