Nocturnal Me

By Theokhufflepuff

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜”๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐™‰๐™ค๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๏ฟฝ... More

Nocturnal Meโœง
Chapter One: Good news!
Chapter Two: Wednesday's child of woe
Chapter Four: A black dahlia

Chapter Three: the tour

544 20 1
By Theokhufflepuff

━━━━━━━━
Narrative 

Weens knocked on the door before opening it. Identical looks of horror flew on their faces as she Allowed the gothic family to step in. Morticia lets out a grasp and grips her husband's hand tightly, clearly In distress. "It's so… vivid." Gómez comments, wincing at the sight of it.

 The room was decorated cutely and colorfully, blue and green fabric hung from the bed to her desk. The Large window shines purple, blue, and yellow brightly throughout it.

The joyful girl stood from her desk and shuffled towards them. "Howdy, roomie!" She waves, beaming at her. 

"Wednesday. This is Enid Sinclair." Weens gestured her gloved hand to the blonde-haired girl with blue and pink highlights. Her hair stopped above her blue and black striped school uniform.

Concerned by Wednesday not saying anything. Enid spoke up, "Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." She asked, concerned Hoping to get her to say something but Wednesday didn't say anything, she just kept her gaze on Erid.

"Don't worry, She always looks half-dead." Her father added, giving a crooked smile.

'A living dead girl? Cool.'  

You stood behind them, quietly watching the scene unfold, Enid let out an 'oh' welcoming Wednesday before spreading her arms wide, attempting to hug her. Wednesday quickly backed away, staring at her in disgust. 

You raise your fist and knock on the door. Making them turn to you, "Eind," Your thick boots hit against the wood floor as you walked to her as she turned her attention to you, "Not everyone is a hugger." You Patted her on the back as she lowered her head and nodded. 

"Ah, Y/n. I would like you to meet Wednesday Addams, our new student." 

You turn to the pale girl and put your hand out. "Hi, I'm Y/n l/n."

She looks at you before taking in your appearance. 

You wore the same black and indigo striped uniform as Eind minus the blazer, a silver skull ring caught her eye along with the few scars that scattered across your fingers. Wednesday took your hand into hers, tightly. "Wednesday. Wednesday Addams." 

Her deep almost black eyes stare you down, you felt your fingers twitched 

uncontrollably as she kept squeezing it. You tilt your head looking back at Wednesday.

 She expects you to be afraid and to back away from her, But instead of backing down, You smile and gripped her slender hand with the same amount of pressure, "Cool name, It's nice to meet you." She nods and releases her grip as you stepped backwards. now standing next to Eind. 

"Please excuse Wednesday," Morticia injects, "She's allergic to color." You let out a hm and nodded before glancing at Wednesday.

"Really, what happens to you?" Eind asked, stepping closer to her.

"I break out in hives and then the flesh peels off of my bones'' You give a "hmm" nodding at her. While Eind stares in horror.

"Luckily. We've specially ordered you a uniform." Weens chuckles. turning to you and Enid. "Enid. Y/n. Please take Wednesday to the register's office to pick it up, along with her schedule, and give her a tour along the way." 

Wednesday's jaw clenched as she gave her parents a death stare before leaving the room, with you and Enid following her.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us, outcasts, and  freaks, monsters. To fill In Your favorite marginalized group here." You quietly shook your head as Eind told the school's history to Wednesday. Following closely behind them as you walked down the stairs.

You don't believe the story. To be completely honest, it Seems like a bedtime story to you. Wednesday stops and turns to Eind, looking quite annoyed,  "You can save the sanitized sales pitch, I don't plan on staying here for long." She states, arms crossed. 

You raise a brow at her and ask, "Why not?" Wednesday's eyes go to you, Your lips were filled in black liner with light gray eyeshadow covering your eyelids.

"This was my parents' idea, oh look. There's my mother smirking at me as we speak,"

Your eyes flickered to the trophy case and you immediately spotted her mother with the same long black hair, standing in front with the fencing team behind her.

"They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

Eind rubs her hands together, grinning like a mischievous cat as Wednesday gazes at her blankly, "What plan?" She questions.

"To turn me into a version of themselves." Wednesday answered.

"Well in that case.. perhaps you can clear up. Rumors have been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school and your parents pulled strings to get you off." Eind says as she continues walking. 

"Actually. It was two kids, but who's counting." Wednesday added. Making you look at her briefly before stepping forward. 

 "Let's keep going shall we?" 

You three walked down the hallway to a set of large wooden doors. Eind hands grasped its handles and pulled.  A soft breeze of cool air blew in your face as the doors opened. The colorless sky warmed your heart when you three went outside.

"Welcome to the quad!" 

Wednesday's eyes squinted as she looked at it. "It's a pentagon." Eind's smile slid off of her lips, she rolled her eyes as she turns to Wednesday, 

 "The whole sparky goth girl thing might have worked at normal school but here things are different, let me give you a wiki on nevermore's social scene-,"

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday cuts her off. Already planning her escape. 

"Then use it to fill your bottomless pit of disdain." Enid snaps, annoyed. "There are many different flavors of outcasts here but the four main ones are Fangs, furs, stoners, and scales."

Eind points to the students at a wooden table in sunglasses. Drinking from filled glasses,  "The fangs. Aka, vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades" She turned her head to another table, and Joy sparked In her eyes as the students fought playfully. 

"And that bunch of knuckleheads are the furs, Werewolves like me," Eind grins, Gesturing to The group of wolves, howling and fighting As you walked past them, 

"Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when furs wolf out so I suggest you put up a pair of noise-canceling headphones."

Wednesday looks at the two girls sitting at the fountain, "I'm assuming scales are sirens?"

"You catch on quick.. and that girl, Bianca Barclay is the closest thing nevermore has to royalty," Eind said as she points to the dark-skinned girl with short hair as She dips her fingers into the fountain and Scales appears on her hand immediately after making contact with its water.

"Although her crowd's slipping lately. She used to date our resident torture artist, Xavier Thorpe but they broke up at the beginning of the semester for reasons unknown." Eind says, making you roll your eyes.

"Fascinating."

"I know, right?"

'For the love of god(s) Eind, please move on to someone else already. He's not even worth it..

"Y/n, why do you look like that?" Eind asked, pulling you from your mind. 

Immediately made aware of how you were standing  You Release your nails from the sleeves of the blazer jacket, uncrossing your arms. You relax your eyebrows, "Oh nothing, just thinking. continue please." You reply giving a closed-mouth smile.

"Okay?.. As I was saying, my blog is like, the number one source for Nevermore gossip!"

"Yo. Eind!" She spun around,her eyes lit up as she peers at the taller boy that she hopes will ask her out. Ajax.

"You're not going to believe the dirt I heard about your roommate, she eats human flesh. Like totally chowed down on that she murdered, you should watch your back." He warns, one of his snakes hissed as it sild from underneath his beanie. 

Eind steps to the side, his eyes widened as he sees Wednesday staring at him.

"Quite the contrary. I actually filled the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets."

You suck your lip together, looking at him as shoulders shaking as you hold back your laughter.  Wednesday looks at you strangely, usually people aren't finding that funny so why were you laughing?.

"Ajax, this is my new roommate, Wednesday." Eind said, introducing him to her. Ajax's eyes flicker to Eind then back Wednesday. With fear written across his face.

"Whoa," he mutters, looking her up and down, "You're in black and white, like a living instagram filter."

Eind pushes him away. As he walks off she turns you two, "Ignore him. Gorgons spend too much time getting stoned. He's cute but clueless."  She says.

Eind smiled as an idea came to mind, "You know it's a small school and there's wasn't much online about you, oh! You should get on insta, snapchat and tiktok."

"I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." 

You nod agreeing with her, "I mean, it is but it's pretty fun. Now come on, we need to go get your school clothes. Bye, Eind." You say, waving to her as you spun around and walked away with Wednesday. Leaving Eind alone.

Wednesday walks out of the doors slowly. Her uniform was stripped of the school's colors and replaced with a black and gray, "Look at you, my little deathtrap." He says, pulling his arm around her daughter's shoulder, "Seeing you in this uniform brings back so many terrible memories, doesn't tish?"

"Yes.." Morticia nods, "why don't you boys wait in the car, Wednesday and I need a moment." Gómez squeezes his daughter one last before getting in the car.

Pugsley pulls her into a hug which she doesn't return, "Pugsley, you're soft and weak. You'll never survive without me, I give you two months, tops." She stated coldly, looking at him.

"I'm going to miss you, sis." He says walking from her. Lurch opens the door for Pugsley and Gómez as Morticia steps closer to her.

"Any plans you have of running away ends right now, I've alerted all family members to contact me the minute you darken their doorstep. You have nowhere to go."

Wednesday crosses her, finding that hard to believe, "As usual, you underestimate me, mother. I will escape this educational penitentiary and you will never hear from me again."

Her mother let out a sigh and shook her head at her, " You are a brilliant girl, Wednesday but sometimes you get in your own way. I'm sure you'll grow to love Nevermore and find it as life-changing as I did… oh, I got you a little something." Wednesday looks at her mother's hands hesitantly, Morticia smiles as she held up a silver necklace.

"WM, our initials, it's made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions… it's a symbol of our connection." Her explains, watching as Wednesday examines it.

"Which one of your spirits suggested this toe-curling tchotchke?" Her face handedness after hearing her daughter's words.

"I'm not you mother, I will never fall in love or be a housewife, or have a family."

"...I'm told girls your age say hurtful things, and I shouldn't take it to heart."

"Fortunately, you don't have one." 

A soft, gentle smile appears on Morticia's face once again, "finally, a kind word for your mother. Lurch," he turns slowly, "the crystal ball. Please." The tall undead man steps over to her, handing over a black leather bag.

"We can't talk to you for the first week while you are settling in, so we'll call you next Sunday.",

She said giving Wednesday the bag. Her mother raises her hand to Wednesday's shoulder but Seeing how she doesn't like to be touched.  Morticia decides that the best option was to blow her an air kiss and walk back to the car, leaving Wednesday standing there.

Gómez pulled a black handkerchief from his suit pocket and handed it to his wife, tears falling from her eyes as she wipes them, "Don't worry, my love, our little scorpion won't be alone." He reassures, flipping a switch as he rubbed her back.

As the hearse sped away from the school, a severed hand hit the ground and crawled towards the building on the tips of its fingers.

...

Wednesday eyes narrowed as she saw you, standing against the wall with your attention on a piece of paper, "What are you doing here?" 

"Hm? Waiting for you." You replied, checking your bag. 

"Why?" Wednesday asks, stepping close to you. She crossed her arms together as her gaze hardened. You stick your hands in your pockets. feeling a bit annoyed.

"We have the same class-,"

"How do you know that," she cuts you off. You sucked your teeth, trying not to yell at the girl.

"Because. I. Saw. Your. Schedule." You seethed, walking closer to her, now looking each other in the eye. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, smiling as your temper went down.

 "Now, if you're done with your cross-examination. Let's go to class, shall we?"

...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, be good people♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 24.8K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
631K 32K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
268K 7.8K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
137K 6.3K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...