♥︎ The First ♥︎ ( aamon x fem...

By viermonx

A skilled assasin (Y/n) carrying her longsword wandering around Moniyan Empire, killing all the demons from t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

9

380 20 0
By viermonx

╭┉┉┅┄┄┈◦ೋ•◦❥•◦

!┊͙ chapter nine ❞

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

"The war was over?"

I stood infront the lightborn squad, including the Princess who seemed to be in melancholy. "I deeply apolagize for not joining earlier," I avoided their piercing gaze, somehow suffocating and gloomy. "It's okay Y/n," Silvanna kept her head low and head her away inside, followed by Alucard after showing me an ensuring nod.

"Are you hurt?" Fanny inspected my arm tied with my cloth stained heavily with blood, nearly drenched with it. "It's just a minor injury, I'll take care of it at home," I assured to ease the worried look on their faces. "I'm more concerned about you all," I sighed. "Did Thamuz and the abyss prince came over?"

"Indeed," Tigreal responded, causing me to avert my attention at him. I noticed the tiny cut on his face and a few bruises on his arms, due to the impact from his shield and I knew it very well. He was aware of me observing his figure. "Please have some rest everyone," I suggested, showing a smile on my face to ease them.

"Take care," Fanny held my shoulder and flashed me a smile, before following Tigreal and Granger into the gateway of the empire. I watched their figures slowly fading from my vision, heading their way further into the city. I breathed out, feeling the heaviness on my chest from the guilt and melancholy. I lift my chin up to see the cloudy sky, then noticed a standing Harith next to me. "Gosh, you scared me!" I exclaimed as Harith laughed at me. Due to his height, sometimes I could not see or even acknowledge his presence. Nonetheless, seeing Harith laughing from the blue of his teammates has relieved the tension inside my chest.

"Why are you still here?" I questioned him as I watched his cheerful expression. "Testing how long it takes for you to notice me," he placed both of his hands on his hips, playfully huffed which made me smile at his attitude. "Anyways, I told everyone that you were busy with defending the other entrance. Unlike Granger, you should thank me," he proudly stated. "Aw thanks Harith," I chuckled at him.

I took a few steps forward as I inspected the sky again, hoping that the dark clouds will disappear soon. "Who was there at the other entrance?" He curiously asked. "Natalia," I responded to his question, averting my attention to Harith again. His eyes were fixated onto something else towards my direction, causing me to turn my back against him and anticipate for anything out of the ordinary. His ears perked which added my concern onto the situation.

"Wait, did you see that?" Harith pointed his finger, as I squinted my eyes to focus onto the direction he was pointing at. "Harith," I called his name, warning him when I saw a shiny object from a distance. It is moving towards us in an incredibly high speed. "What is it?" He didn't get the clear image of the object yet, when I had successfully identify that it is an arrow launched at us. I predict that it is low enough to hit Harith's head. My blood run cold at that thought, which left me no choice other than pushing Harith away to the ground to dodge it.

I could feel the arrow slightly brushed against my exposed ear, before it pierced into the wall behind us with a terrifying force. The speed of the arrow was as fast as a bullet released from a gun, it damaged the as well. Panic has rise within me, I hold Harith by his arm and drag him into the gateway of the empire, escorting both of us into safety. "Are you okay?" I scanned for any injuries at his body. "I'm okay, thank you so much for saving me," he hold onto my hand firmly. "How about you?"

"I am fine as well," I gave a pat on his shoulder. "And I have to go now."

"Why in such a hurry? There is still someone out there who is trying to kill us!" He was clearly worried on my safety, urging me to not leave his side. "Stay with us back in the city, atleast for just awhile."

"Maybe next time, I promise I will be alright." He still showed disapproval on his face. "I promise that I will come back soon as well, I have to arrive at Swan Castle especially Odette is waiting for me right now," my tone was rather pleading. I couldn't bear leaving him alone and disappointed by unbothered attitude, just like how Silvanna would be if she was here instead of Harith.

"I believe you will arrive safely there, please becareful," his ears dropped down. I gave him another pat on the shoulder for reassurance, hoping that it will cheer him up and his ears will perk up again. I turn my back against him after giving a goodbye wave at him.

I keep my guards up as I step outside from the gateway, without looking back. I don't want to know who is behind that arrow attack earlier, I am not in the best condition to fight as well. I still have the strength to run, but it is not the best move at the moment.

The sight of Castle Gorge from a distance tells me that I have entered the city outskirts, which made me sigh in relief. I knew that I had to take another turn to reach Swan Castle, it will take awhile to arrive there. I wish that Moniyan have vehicles provided unlike Erutidio, only royal carriages are provided for the empire here.

"Y/n!" A voice yelled from a distance. I darted my head towards the source of the distance, gasped at the launching dagger towards me. I instinctively took a few steps away, as Aamon dashed and grabbed the dagger infront of me. "What are you doing here?" A surprising question coming out from his mouth. At once, my vision turned blurry in a blink of an eye. My head was in pain, as if a needle was poking through my skull. I maintained my composure, closed my eyes for a second before responding to his question, "I was busy in the city." He frowned at my response for a second. "The lightborn?" He guessed.

I nodded at confirmation. "Well, what are you doing here? With Gusion's dagger?" I glanced at the dagger still in his hand. "He and I helped the Baroque to clear out the abyssal demons," he briefly explained, his eyes staring directly onto my arm wrapped with the bloody waistbelt. As I was aware of his notice, I prepared myself for his questions, like everyone else did.

"Were you injured?" He asked, just as I thought. "It is just a minor injury," I pursed my lips, watching his eyebrows creased. "The wound will have an infection if you don't treat it sooner."

"Follow me," it sounded like a demand, rather than a suggest. He turned his back against me, leaving me no choice to follow his orders. I walked by his side, remained silent for the rest of the journey. The swaying branches seems more interesting at the moment, despite of it is something I see everyday. Atleast, the trees around the outskirts of the city are having lush green colour than the ones around my house.

"Y/n," his voice snapped me out from my thoughts. His soft tone yet warning, caused me to grew worry by the time I saw his eyes fixated on my hair. "What happened?" I cluelessly asked. He stopped his tracks, which caused me to stop as well. He reach his hand onto strands of my hair, tucking it back behind my ear. I was shocked at his actions, it added when I felt his fingers brushed against my clumping hair.

"Your ear was bleeding, it must have dried." His concern made my panic rise within me, jumping onto conclusions and possibilities inside my head. "We have to hurry-" He cut off his own words when he saw me shutting my eyes close, silently bearing the sudden pain again. "May I carry you to the castle?" He offered, the evident worry in his eyes which I don't remember when was the last time I received it.

"It's okay, I can still walk," I assured him. He is extremely thoughtful and considerate, that was very generous of him. "Please let me know if you're feeling unwell," he told me. I nodded once in response, proceed on following him towards Castle Gorge. There was no other choice, even if I managed to arrive at Swan Castle, I would pass out infront of Odette and that will cause a burden for her. The worst scenario is that I might pass out before I could even reach there.

I should be thankful of Aamon's presence, still I don't want to burden anyone. I hold onto myself on every step I take, hoping that I won't collapse at any time. Another wave of needles poking onto my head has turned worse than before, stumbling in each step. Aamon held my hand to prevent me from falling, until he had enough when I nearly collapse against my back.

To his relief, we arrived infront of the gate of the entrance into the castle. "You're really sick," he lifted my whole body from the ground, carrying me as he hurried into the castle. Everything turned black, yet the pain still endlessly stinging my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 1.1K 57
Even in the darkest moments, the beginnings of love can be found. Jayna Chacon is stuck in a rut. Her job is interesting, but she doesn't have any fr...
1.5K 98 22
MC kept her promise, she didn't go to Duskwood. Nevertheless, the young woman got closer to the town to reach her friend if they needed help. Now it...
101K 4.4K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...
4.7K 111 10
-COMPLETED- This is a character x oc story, feel free to leave if you dislike it :) I was bored so I made this. English is not my first language so g...