ALESSANDRO

By sleepytinker__

"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST AND CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1 : The Beginning.
CHAPTER 2 : The Interview.
CHAPTER 3 : The Desire
CHAPTER 4 : The Proposal
CHAPTER 5 : The Scars
CHAPTER 6 : The Courage
CHAPTER 7 : The Kiss
CHAPTER 8 : The Warning.
CHAPTER 9 : The Spy.
CHAPTER 10 : The Gala.
CHAPTER 11 : The Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 12 : Trust Issues.
CHAPTER 13 : Alessandro D'Angelo
CHAPTER 14 : His Story.
CHAPTER 15 : Damien
CHAPTER 16 : Surprises
CHAPTER 17 : Her Day.
CHAPTER 18 : The Pain
CHAPTER 19 : His Confession
CHAPTER 20 : "We're done, Alessandro."
CHAPTER 21 : Her Life, His Life.
CHAPTER 22 : We meet Again.
CHAPTER 23 : "Dad."
CHAPTER 24 : His Personal Assistant
CHAPTER 25 : "You Broke Us."
CHAPTER 26 : The List
CHAPTER 27 : The Interview : Part II
CHAPTER 28 : The Pills
CHAPTER 29 : A Family Dinner
CHAPTER 30 : "I have lost you."
CHAPTER 31 : A Brotherly Conversation
CHAPTER 32 : Care
CHAPTER 33 : Cookies!
CHAPTER 34 : Apologies.
CHAPTER 35 : Betraying Aless.
CHAPTER 36 : "You're Playing with Fire, Ariana."
CHAPTER 37 : Broken Promises.
CHAPTER 38 : "It's over Aless, it's all over."
CHAPTER 40 : Broken
CHAPTER 41 : Nightmares.
CHAPTER 42 : Hidden Secrets.
CHAPTER 43 : My Wife.
CHAPTER 44 : Getting Closer
CHAPTER 45 : Forever Us.
BILLIONAIRE'S REVENGE

CHAPTER 39 : Falling Apart.

16.4K 795 146
By sleepytinker__

CHAPTER 39

ALESSANDRO D'ANGELO

"It's over Aless, it's all over." Her words repeated in my head.

No Ari. Not so easily.

I am not letting you leave me again.

It took me six years to get you back, not this easily.

I ran upstairs to her room. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I knocked on the door but there was no reply. I could hear her sniffling.

I banged the door "Ariana!"

Again no reply.

"Ariana, open the door!"

"Go away, Aless! I don't wanna talk to you!"

I knew one thing, she was right behind the door.

"Go away." She cried.

"I know my apologies are not enough this time."

"Go away Aless."

I leaned against the door. I could feel tears gathering in my eyes.

I can't watch her leave again. I can't just let her leave.

"Ari."

"W-Why? Why?"

"I don't have answers."

I could hear her crying, she was crying like a baby and trust me just hearing her cries was making my heart shatter.

I leaned my head against the door with my eyes closed.

I never wanted to be the reason of your cries Ari, but I have always been the one to hurt you again and again.

I waited for her to stop crying, not uttering a single word.

I promise you Ari, I won't ever again be the reason of your tears. This is my promise to you.

"Ari, please. Just let me see you." I almost begged her.

"Go away." She repeated crying her heart out.

"Not until I see you."

"I won't. I hate you."

I chuckled "I am not asking you to stop hating me, just let me see you once. I'll leave."

I heard the door being unlocked causing me to move away from it.

My body literally froze seeing her condition, she was a complete mess. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying. Her face was all red.

I moved closer to her, she wasn't raising her gaze at all. Her gaze was glued to the floor.

Christ!

My hands were shaking, I was scared to touch her. I was scared of the consequence when she feels my touch on her skin. I cupped her face in my hands which caused her to close her eyes.

My thumb automatically wiped her tears. I hate to see these tears.

My lips went nearer to her, placing a light kiss on her right cheek then left. I pecked her lips once while this whole time she stood just like a statue.

I placed my lips on her forehead and muttered "Punish me."

"Punish me as much as you want. If it helps you to reduce your pain just punish me."

She was trying to push me back but I didn't want to let go of her. I don't want her to push me away.

I held her waist, stopping her from moving any further.

"Ari, please."

"We should stop this 'hurting each other' game." She spoke lightly, trying to remove my hands from her waist.

My hold on her waist tightened "No. Please, don't leave me again."

"You can fight for Ian."

I shook my head "I want you. I want you."

She looked up at me, her eyes were blank. Like nothing mattered to her anymore and I feared that look.

"I was never an important part of your life. You don't want me. I always came as an option to you." She smiled "Me going away will do you good."

I shook my head.

Fuck I am scared. I am so scared.

"You can focus on the mafia. You won't have any weaknesses."

"No."

She removed my hands from her waist and held them in her hands "This is the bright side. You don't have to be worried all the time. You won't have any burden on you."

"No Ari, please don't."

"Like your father said, if you don't have someone you love to protect, you won't have any regrets. You can be a strong leader."

She placed her hand on my right cheek, I closed my eyes feeling her touch. Afraid that I won't be able to feel it again.

I held her left hand tightly in mine.

"I will always love you, Aless."

"No. Don't do this. I promise I won't ever choose the mafia over you. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She stood on her tip toes and placed a kiss on my lips.

She took steps back. It felt like I would lose her forever.

I held her hand "W-What if I quit the mafia?"

She stared at me again blankly.

"I will quit the mafia, I will have the ADA. Antonio is there to look after the mafia."

She chuckled, shaking her head "You're not thinking, Aless."

"I am Ari. I will quit the mafia and then I am free to live with you." Damn I didn't know I could be so scared of losing this woman.

I left her hand.

"I will just go to the mansion and will make sure that it's all Antonio from now on."

She held my hand stopping me "You won't do anything like that."

I cupped her face "It'll be for the best. The mafia was never for me. Antonio is Dad's son, his own son the mafia was always for him."

Her eyes were wide, it was like she couldn't believe anything I was saying.

She removed my hands from her face "You're not thinking. Your father always wanted you to be the leader."

"No. He wanted me to take the responsibility until Antonio is capable. And now he is capable of taking this responsibility. My work is done."

"You're out of your mind."

"I am not. I want both of you, Ari. I want Ian and you in my life."

She held my arms "Listen to me. You won't do any such thing."

At that point I couldn't agree with her. I was ready to sacrifice something I have loved more than anyone for 10 years. Whatever she was saying I just couldn't hear any of it. Just one thing I had in my mind was giving up on the mafia.

I was scared of that hell I have been through those six years she wasn't there in my life. I was scared that she would go through worse if I let her go now. She went to an extent of taking anxiety pills, I can't let her do that again.

My eyes were fixed on her, while hers were on mine. It was like she knew she cannot change my decision no matter how hard she tries.

"You were able to live six years ago, you can now."

No I can't. I don't want hell for both of us. And now Ian too will suffer because we are not able to make the right decision.

"Six years ago, I chose the mafia over you. Today I am choosing you over everything. Six years ago it was the mafia but now it's you."

AUTHOR'S POV

It was the afternoon time when Antonio was waiting in a fancy restaurant to meet his guest. He was seated on his chair continuously checking the timing on his watch.

"Antonio." A familiar voice was heard.

Antonio stood up from his seat and smiled. The person came towards him and hugged him "How have you been?"

"Great. Are you good?"

The person patted his shoulder and smiled back "As always."

"Have a seat."

Antonio took a seat and the person took the one in front of him.

"So, how's work?"

"Great. Everything is just working smoothly."

The person nodded "I am happy to hear that."

"But are you happy?" Antonio asked the person in front of him.

The person laughed and said "What does that mean? My life is super good."

"Is it, brother?"

The person's smile faded.

"It's been 9 years, stop this fight. It wasn't his choice."

"He could've said no. He didn't. He took over. He could've ended everything but he didn't."

"How could he end the mafia? It was Dad's life." Antonio defended.

"But Dad wasn't alive anymore."

"Can we not stop this?"

Brother.

It was Antonio's brother Francesco D'Angelo. Giovanni D'Angelo's own son.

"Why are you defending him?"

"Because I want you two to stop fighting."

"Maybe he is kind enough to end it, I am not."

Francesco leaned his back against the chair and chuckled.

"I'll tell you a story."

Francesco began "There was a boy, who always wanted to be at the top. He wanted to do what his father did all his life. When he was old enough and he thought he could do what his father did that's when everything changed."

Antonio was carefully listening to this story. There was something that told him he has heard this before.

"The boy thought his father would hand him the responsibility but what that old man did, he handed the responsibility to his adopted son. The boy's dreams crushed. His dream of being at the top shattered. And now he has to see his father's adopted son on the top, ruling."

Antonio knew where he heard this story. It was like his own story, which he told Ariana 6 years ago.

He didn't know his brother too had the same grudge against Alessandro.

"Have you forgotten what our life became when he was brought home?

"Y-You, wanted the mafia?" Antonio was shocked to hear Francesco's confession.

Francesco smirked "You both always thought I am the weak one or soft-hearted one. I never was. Wanna know a secret?"

Francesco leaned towards Antonio and whispered "The person who is killing Alessandro's men one by one is me. The person who shot him that night when he was behind Cielo was me. Cielo was a puppet, I was his master."

"The attack on the park were my men. I want to destroy Alessandro. I will take everything away from him. In the end he'll be begging in front of me."

Antonio's eyes widened "You always wanted the mafia. You just pretended you never wanted it."

Francesco shrugged.

"You're a monster."

"10 years Antonio, I have waited to see Alessandro's end and when it's happening I won't let anyone take it away from me."

"If that's what you want, why are you telling it to me?"

Francesco smiled "You are the youngest of us. I don't want to kill you." He took out a gun and placed it on the table in the centre. "The choice is yours to make."

"W-What choice?"

"Either you work for me and help me get Alessandro or you die."

Antonio once looked at the gun on the table then back at Francesco "You are asking me to betray brother."

Francesco nodded "I am."

At that moment Antonio thought, if he says yes to Francesco then later on he can inform Alessandro about his plan. He can tell Alessandro who the real culprit is.

"I will help you."

Francesco smirked "I expected this."

He extended his hand towards Antonio, but what Antonio didn't expect was for him to pick up the gun and shoot him.

Antonio looked down at his chest to see blood.

Francesco shot Antonio in his chest.

He looked up at Francesco with tears in his eyes. Francesco rose up from his seat and went closer to Antonio.

"You too are his faithful slave."

Blood was coming out from his mouth, he laughed "At least I-I didn't b-betray him."

"You have the chance, Antonio, to save yourself. Just tell me you'll help me kill Alessandro."

Antonio smiled "I'd prefer dying." Antonio's eyes were closing "I-If you ever loved me j-just t-tell brother I didn't b-beg t-this time."

Saying Antonio closed his eyes, yet a light smile remained on his lips.

*****
a/n : That's it. Antonio died.

Hope you liked the chapter.

See ya in the next one.

❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 101K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
1.3M 42K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...
121K 2.2K 39
𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬 20 yea...
149K 6.4K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...